TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
TK starting opening arguments.

Talking about Channon's 4-Runner, how among all the friends, it was the girls' ride, and Chris's was the guys' ride.

OTOH, Cobbins & Davidson et al have no ride - all they have are guns and ammo.

Davidson tells Cobbins and Cobbins tells GT that they and Boyd are gonna carjack...

Says the three - LD, LC, and Boyd - left GT at home with Nessa Coleman...

They - GT and Coleman - are still there when the three return with Chris and Channon.

Explaining that GT is old friend of Cobbins' - both had been living in Kentucky.

They rode in GT's girlfriend's (Stacey Lawson) car to Tennessee (to visit Davidson) for a weekend in early December... then return on Dec 28, and they bring 'Nessa Coleman.

Now showing the floorplan of Davidson's house (I'll post it in a bit.)

Jan 2, Stacey goes back to Kentucky. So now the only car they have is Daphne Sutton's (Davidson's girlfriend.) She breaks up with him on the 5th and leaves, taking the car and furniture.

Boyd shows up on Saturday with his car, and the plan is to go carjacking to get Davidson, Cobbins, and GT a car of their own.

TK Now describing Chris and Channon's plans for that night...

Chris left the party their friends were having, to pick up Channon, go out to eat, then bring her to the party.

11:00, they still had not returned - friends were wondering.

12:30 - Channon calls her dad to says she'll be home around 3.

12:45 Witness Xavier Jenkins, who works in a place across street from LD, notices the 4-runner and the defendants in it, driving suspiciously down & around Chipman.

1:45, A neighbor, Mr Arnold, hears a pop pop pop.

7:30, neighbor

My sound just went way up, then normal, then died... checking other site...

Waiting for feed to return...

Here are Jamie's tweets:

TK starts w/ pic of Channon's jacked SUV titled "proceeds of crime, she's gotta show Thomas shared in proceeds

TK - Thomas admitted being in Chipman, riding in Channon's SUV after carjacking

TK - Chipman house "tiny" no doors. Unfortunately state let waste connections tear house down so jurors can't c

Back up...

TK is now telling how Channon's family, out looking for her the next day, finds her 4-Runner there on Chipman st.

Her stuff was all gone, but mud was in floorboard, and seats were pushed all the way back...

Family contacts police... the police find an envelope with L Davidson's fingerprint.

That was Monday. Tuesday, they go into LD's house. Officer notices large trash can in kitchen - out of shape. Find Channon inside.

They then search the house... find things that belong to Channon...

Track down Daphne Sutton - she tells them who all was there on Sunday night - GT, LD, LC, Coleman...

Mornin' Muffet!!! I'm here...I'll try to get the tweets up every 10 or 15 mins...boss is here, so if I disappear I'll be back! Thanks for the morning's coverage so far!! You Rock!!!

Jamie's Tweets: http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

TK - Daphne Sutton, ex Davidson squeeze, sees Thomas sitting in living room Sunday when Channon likely dying #cntrial
6 minutes ago from txt

TK - Chipman house "tiny" no doors. Unfortunately state let waste connections tear house down so jurors can't c #cntrial
17 minutes ago from txt

TK - Thomas admitted being in Chipman, riding in Channon's SUV after carjacking #cntrial
20 minutes ago from txt

LD is taken by Daphne to... stays there...

The others go and stay in Kentucky with Stacey Lawson.. she notices they get on internet... LE goes to get them on Thursday... Interviews them... arrests them...

While in jail, they can use phones.. they are told that they are not private, and can be recorded...

TK now playing a section of GT's call - I can't understand most of it... need a transcript...

Oh.. girl says they had her in back bedroom - GT says yes... and daphne came...

girl asks why no one left or called police... says girl didn't deserve this...

I can't understand a word he says.

Finished tape.

Hi Steeler! Whew! LOL

OK, TK's done.. judge says we'll have a break now.. instructing jury not to deliberate yet, etc.

Woo hoo on Coleman!!! Breakfast cooking pulse checking piece of........

Don't forget pj-puttin on piece of... :rolleyes:

Good am Suzi, Muffet and everyone, need :coffee: Thank you for posting!!

:parrot:

*Kiki*

Me too. zzzzzz Back in a few.

Jamie's Tweets: http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Here's why - she has show suspect shared in proceeds. Davidson had Chris' shoes, Thomas admits being in SUV #cntrial
10 minutes ago from txt

In Davidson TK said it was all about shoes, in Thomas she says it's all about 4Runner #cntrial
11 minutes ago from txt

Who was the girl on the phone with GT?

I'm not listening/watching, but there is a phone call that was admitted to evidence I believe between Thomas & his then girlfriend Lawson (I think is her last name?).

Yes, I think it was his girlfriend, Stacey Lawson, who testified at LD's & Cobbins' trial:

There is a radio station feed bleeding through the audio. I heard it earlier and thought it was just me, but they were talking about it during the break.

The audio-visual on this trial isn't nearly as good as it was in LD's. I can't believe we have no frontal view. :sheesh:

I wonder if 'Nessa woke up this morning wishing she had maybe made some different choices in her life. Like not participating in this, or more likely wishing she had made a deal in exchange for her testimony.

Court back in session...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member