Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
something Interesting I found:

(http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch99/0799/arc0710233732.shtml)

"Investigators believe McConaughey's car was torched and left in woods off Seven Mile Road near McClellanville soon after the killing. But its presence in the woods was not reported immediately.

A man collecting pine straw in Francis Marion National Forest found McConaughey's body near Steed Creek Road in Awendaw, some 12 miles from where her car was found."

Why was it not reported immediately? Could this, once again, be townspeople who are afraid to speak out against this group?

Just a thought I deemed worth sharing.... :crazy:

Thanks for posting this Mlatta. I have tried to find much more about the Shannon case, specifically what evidence was used against them, but really haven't found much info besides a brief court document through a public library. She was last seen Jan. 29 and found March 6 so they discovered her body fairly fast. You would have thought there would have been some DNA evidence to work with, but from what I have read there wasn't anything. This article is the first time I heard exactly where the car was found though. People involved in these type of crimes almost always burn the vehicle sadly.

Thanks for posting this Mlatta. I have tried to find much more about the Shannon case, specifically what evidence was used against them, but really haven't found much info besides a brief court document through a public library. She was last seen Jan. 29 and found March 6 so they discovered her body fairly fast. You would have thought there would have been some DNA evidence to work with, but from what I have read there wasn't anything. This article is the first time I heard exactly where the car was found though. People involved in these type of crimes almost always burn the vehicle sadly.

Hi,
this all ive ever been able to find on SM case heres link!

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-75156502/murder-charges-dropped-officials.html

**** after you read that article if scroll to bottom it gives more details in each new link!!

Thanks for posting this Mlatta. I have tried to find much more about the Shannon case, specifically what evidence was used against them

From (http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch01/0201/arc0209282315.shtml) 2-9-01

"...According to an arrest affidavit, one suspect implicated himself and the other men in a statement to detectives on Aug. 20, 1998. Taylor is accused of shooting McConaughey, and the other men allegedly helped dispose of her body and car, the affidavit stated...."

They had a confession!!!

and then ....

(http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch01/0501/arc0530292079.shtml) 5-30-01

"After nearly four months in jail, five men accused of a high- profile Lowcountry murder were set free Tuesday when the Charleston County Solicitor's Office dropped the charges, citing a lack of evidence."

My take on it - these indivuals did 4 months in a county jail for a kidnap/rape/murder ....

I have *always* known in the back of my mind that they were going to strike again ... but i thought LE would be ready for them this time!!

The case was high profile because it was 5 black men who killed one white woman. That fact alone made racial tensions high, and put the case under extreme scrutiny... Prosecutors chose NOT to try the case at that time, hoping to get some more evidence (somehow?!)

sometimes our justice system makes me want to :banghead:

FYI - soul125 - links to charleston county online record searches do not work, you have to start at the main page and conduct each search individually.
http://www3.charlestoncounty.org/docs/CoC/news.html

How in the world did these guys get a "get out of jail free card" when one of them even confessed to this horrible, horrible crime???? I keep going back in my mind to something I read (and I believe it was here on BD's threads in the early weeks) where someone posted some very very shocking details about a girl who was abducted and raped and tortured eventually murdered in I believe a trailer or trailer park. I seem to remember reading that one person that was arrested gave the details but the ones he implicated denied it and it could not be proven. The details were so awful that I had to step away from Websleuths for a while, but for the life of me now I cannot recall what the victim's name was and exactly which thread it was posted on. Anyone recall what I am rambling on and on about here? The name SM makes me think it was her, and seems like this individual that confessed said something about meeting up with her after she left that restaurant or something?????

(from http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch05/1005/arc10092608321.shtml)

Ex-attorney's drug use ended career

"Her cases ran from mundane defense and trial work to the high profile. One of her clients was Jacob Leon Taylor, one of a group of men charged with the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey of St. Stephen, in 1998. The charges against Taylor and some of the other defendants later were dropped for lack of evidence.

Few members of Charleston's legal community are willing to talk openly about Thompson, either in terms of her reputation as a private practice lawyer or the conviction. She is one of three local attorneys who were caught up in a wider prosecution that's became known as Charleston's cocaine lawyer conspiracy."

Britt's Birthday is tomorrow (7th) lets all take a moment whisper a prayer,faith etc for her to soon be found!!!!!!

Few of us over at beach gona let balloons fly for her!!!!!!

(from http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch05/1005/arc10092608321.shtml)

Ex-attorney's drug use ended career

"Her cases ran from mundane defense and trial work to the high profile. One of her clients was Jacob Leon Taylor, one of a group of men charged with the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey of St. Stephen, in 1998. The charges against Taylor and some of the other defendants later were dropped for lack of evidence.

Few members of Charleston's legal community are willing to talk openly about Thompson, either in terms of her reputation as a private practice lawyer or the conviction. She is one of three local attorneys who were caught up in a wider prosecution that's became known as Charleston's cocaine lawyer conspiracy."

Well isn't that interesting...

Happy birthday sweet girl. I know what your wish would be.

Prayers for her family to stay strong. :praying:

Happy Birthday Brittanee! It looks like LE is getting closer to bringing you home. I'm praying it will be soon.

Salem

Happy Birthday Brittanee. I am praying that some answers come soon and that your family finds peace. It has already been far too long.

Happy Birthday, Brittanee! I hope and pray this is the month we bring you home to your family.

Rose, per your earlier question....it was an unrelated rape/murder in the same general area. The victim was Melissa McLauchlin. It was brutal.

I have saved the cell towers last year, don't know if this is will help.

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Mount-Pleasant-South-Carolina.html

If this is the correct tower....we are talking 0.6 miles from the Taylor home. What are the chances???
So, there are no clear areas that stand out in this location where there would be alligators. That's the ONE thing that makes me think we have the wrong antenna.....but this one is SO close to their house.
Here's the map....change it to arial or birdseye view to look at the terrain. Why/would alligators be in this location?

Happy Birthday Brittanee! I pray that you are reunited with your family soon, sweetheart.

Happy Birthday pretty girl! You are missed by many people! I hope you can find your way home soon!

Thank you! Thank you everyone! Wow you guys have been digging up lots of info on the T gang!

One thing that really struck me was the arrest of the T gang lawyer for selling cocaine and money laundering. We've all wondered for quite awhile now how/why the charges were dropped in Shannon's case and I DO wonder/ have wondered for quite some time if drugs played a part in this decision. Just a hunch on my part.

Ok, I am off to try and research the history of charges for these guys because I wonder if there have been drug charges throughout their career as thugs.

Geesh I wish my computer didn't crash. Sharing one with dear bf is cutting into my sleuthin time.:waitasec: I could write a book on info from links on this page only!

thanks again all!

MOO

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads