UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to knock Susan's family or LE but why is no one searching for Susan? I mean out there boots on the ground searching?

I was just over in the Sarah Foxwell thread. The little girl missing in Maryland.
No one knows where she could be and most know they are looking for a body but yet over 3000 turned out this morning (on Christmas) to help search and bring this little girl home.

Suspect also is being uncooperative. They don't know exactly where to search but at least they are out there doing something.

I just feel that with all the community of supporters Susan and her family has, all the fasting, praying and random acts of kindness in Susan's name isn't bringing them any closer to finding Susan and bringing her home.

jmo

The 11 yr old girl missing in Maryland was found dead this Christmas day. I didn't even know about her missing, but just read about it. How sad. The man who took her had raped before. Was he the boyfriend of the aunt? Here, I found the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581157,00.html

Back OT, I was hoping Susan could come home today. I fear her spirit can't rest when her boys are still with that man. That man who stole her very life. Looked at the video with Josh's sister, and feel she will seek justice for Susan against her own brother because I think she knows Josh did something evil, and I bet she really loved Susan. What do you think, Sleuthers?

I don't know why they haven't had more searches, maybe it is too huge an area and the terrain and weather so harsh, or maybe they know only Josh can supply which mine shaft or cliff or waters or bridge, closeby or hundred of miles away... where? where! ... I wish he'd just get so cornered that he'd crack and spill out the truth...probably not going to happen. I agree with you, Susan needs to be found to get the ducks really in a row.

The 11 yr old girl missing in Maryland was found dead this Christmas day. I didn't even know about her missing, but just read about it. How sad. The man who took her had raped before. Was he the boyfriend of the aunt? Here, I found the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581157,00.html

Back OT, I was hoping Susan could come home today. I fear her spirit can't rest when her boys are still with that man. That man who stole her very life. Looked at the video with Josh's sister, and feel she will seek justice for Susan against her own brother because I think she knows Josh did something evil, and I bet she really loved Susan. What do you think, Sleuthers?

I don't know why they haven't had more searches, maybe it is too huge an area and the terrain and weather so harsh, or maybe they know only Josh can supply which mine shaft or cliff or waters or bridge, closeby or hundred of miles away... where? where! ... I wish he'd just get so cornered that he'd crack and spill out the truth...probably not going to happen. I agree with you, Susan needs to be found to get the ducks really in a row.

I sooo agree with you. let's see if Josh will really be a MAN, and tell to give closure. But then again, that would mean a self-LESS act by himself. the first of his ana! life. let's let him come to fruition on his OWN. who am i kidding? Josh will up Susan when given the DP, no sooner you bully/coward!! she was not allowed to use puter that SHE paid for? seriously? My a$$!

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

(bbm) Some of the recent discussion seems to center around what changes Susan was "requiring" of JP and whether or not these were reasonable expectations, or an ultimatum should have been given before ending her marriage. I won't presume to know w whom, nor under what circumstances nor for how long somebody else could live out the remainder of his or her life. From the outside I'll admit it sounds as though it was the symptoms--vs the cause--that was being confronted.

I think when you are dealing w a pathological narcissist tho, it's always a snare--a pitfall one must avoid at all costs--to listen to the words. NPD's (and sociopaths) are notorious for their ability to manipulate and connive w their empty words, vain promises and the vows they profess...

They confess w their mouthes, are known by their buttery smooth words, know all the right buttons to push, but ultimately they are trucebreakers who promise the moon and stars but never really believe in their hearts--and seldom if ever deliver. And evidently Susan had begun to catch on to the deception and was endeavoring to finally "try the spirits," "test the fruit," and put some real teeth in his claims--and I think JP realized he was about to fail the final exam.

Those "teeth" seem, to some, to have taken the form of (for lack of a better term) jumping thru religious "hoops." It does appear to represent the outward manifestation of the inward changes of heart for which Susan no doubt longed and prayed. Susan clearly was attempting to enlist the authority of her church on behalf of her marriage and their children. If her family was a stronger support system for her then moving back nearer to them would've been a definite step in the right direction. Bear in mind counseling or any intervention would have only been manipulated by this impostor anyway though. We need to remember expecting a controlling, arrogant, pretentious and self-involved coward and phony like JP to serve as the spiritual, physical and/or financial backbone, leader and covering of his family is never something for which he was equipped in the first place. And, as most women in Susan's shoes who carry their deadweight husband/father eventually discover if he's not helping to bear any of the burden he is w/out question adding to the load tremendously. But it is worse than that... since when you are dealing w deception, it is continual warfare, I suspect in whatever arena the deception and abuse are taking place--so that if it were spiritual abuse the warfare that takes place will be spiritual in nature. (And no I don't have article, link or author for you, that's from kikishardknox.com, lol.)

I think it's pretty understandable to feel duped and even resentful when the man to whom you believe you've entrusted your eternal, as well as temporal future, pulls an about face, cue head swivel, real life Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde act... in some instances prayer, teaching, and accountability can bring about genuine change. But deceivers have no intention of changing. And afterall, Susan herself was still saying she merely wanted the "old Josh back" or the husband "she once knew." The sad truth is, that's never who JP was, the man she believed she once "knew" was but a "part" he played, a "costume" or a "performance." He may have put more effort into sustaining that act initially while her family was around, while there was more accountability, and while still operating on the premise he could manipulate his wife by fooling her into believing his empty promises and lies.

Clearly there reached a point of diminishing returns though, when he tired of trying altogether--except in the presence of outsiders. Like all pretenders, they begin to resent wearing the mask and Josh likely came to terms even w forfeiting his wife's respect and devotion... afterall it's genuinely draining for a pretender, whose true contemptuous nature will begin to emerge, as they grow increasingly weary of donning the costume... :boohoo:

And believe you me, when the mask ultimately comes off, it really comes off--w a vengeance. JMO

:parrot:

Kiki, blessed are the words out of your mouth (or beak). Every single thing you said about pathological narcissists is the holy truth. I am shaken from reading your post because, of course, I know all too well what it is like, but didn't know anything about NPD until I got away and was healing. Yes, I got away alive, but barely. You know and I know why Susan kept believing and stayed with him until it was too late. If only she could have realized the futility of trying with someone like Josh. "Huge Waste" as KC would say. Everybody should know how to spot them, but oh, they can be so smooth at first. (Well, the devil was a beautiful angel once too, but is the father of lies) So, if any of you meet a true narcissist - RUN.

Kiki, blessed are the words out of your mouth (or beak). Every single thing you said about pathological narcissists is the holy truth. I am shaken from reading your post because, of course, I know all too well what it is like, but didn't know anything about NPD until I got away and was healing. Yes, I got away alive, but barely. You know and I know why Susan kept believing and stayed with him until it was too late. If only she could have realized the futility of trying with someone like Josh. "Huge Waste" as KC would say. Everybody should know how to spot them, but oh, they can be so smooth at first. (Well, the devil was a beautiful angel once too, but is the father of lies) So, if any of you meet a true narcissist - RUN.

Curious I am so very thankful you made it out friend :hug: To some that may appear an exaggeration--but even where their victims survive I know full well their impact can take a tremendous toll. I can only say it has been six years--and for me, the losses continue mounting and a final toll of damages still untold. I've yet to hit Ground Zero.

Unfortunately as you wisely came to realize, they can transform themselves--for a time--into something quite charming, endearing, and angelic-like. And I regret to say people like this are equally adept--have a keen radar or acute knack, for honing in, and preying, upon the vulnerable and trusting. Which isn't to say that Susan was weak, rather that she likely wanted to believe the best in people--and had yet to learn to guard her heart. And that JP detected, and managed to exploit, her kind and forgiving nature because of it.

I learned to be very, very careful whom I allow into mine--or my childrens'--lives. Tragically, I don't believe Susan survived to learn this costly lesson. So senseless and heartbreaking, to take such a beautiful loving mother away from her boys and her family. They have my prayers through these weeks of heartache and uncertainty--and through the months and years of painful healing that lay ahead. JMO

:parrot:

Is Elvis the minister?

The only Temple close to me is off the freeway in San Diego. And I have to say this building is big, way "over the top" and really sticks out (like many temples). when they built it in 1993, they had an open house for all, before it was officially "Mormonized". I wish now I went to see it.

The San Diego Mormon Temple.

My DD was at the SD Temple recently for a friends marriage and brought back pics. It's very nice. And then you see the provo temple and wonder what the heck happened? I hear it's not high on a brides list to get married in. lol.

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/provo/gallery/download.php?id=244

I went to an open house earlier this year. It was pretty cool.

ETA: this one is my fav. My neighbor and her husband were married in this one. When non LDS people see her wedding pics they ask, how much did you have to fork out for that place? lol.

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/manti/

Is Elvis the minister?

The only Temple close to me is off the freeway in San Diego. And I have to say this building is big, way "over the top" and really sticks out (like many temples). when they built it in 1993, they had an open house for all, before it was officially "Mormonized". I wish now I went to see it.

The San Diego Mormon Temple.

I know - I call it San Diego Disneyland -- soooo over the top. When it first opened, we wanted to take a look. Everything was white - carpet and all. You had to put on foot covers to get in. This was years and years ago, I can't imagine what it looks like now.

BTW - an interesting fact about that temple that you can bounce off your friends: Shortly after it was constructed, a thunderstorm came through Southern California and the gold angel on top of the spire was hit by lightning.

I always thought...hmmmm so much grandiose for a church. God must not be too happy :)

Mel

I'm not Morman, but I used to live near the St. George, Utah temple. I always thought it was so beautiful...

Social Media Blitz Planned to Help Find Susan Powell

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The search for Susan Powell is going viral. A social media blitz is being planned for the first week in January to bring awareness to the missing West Valley City mother.

A Facebook group set up by supporters of Susan Powell's family has doubled in the number of followers in just a week. A Twitter account has also been set up to help publicize the search efforts, as well as a new YouTube channel with video slideshows of Susan Powell.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link and video also>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-search-for-susan-goes-viral,0,7945122.story?track=rss

http://www.fox13now.com/kstu-susan-powell-search-pg,0,5516566.photogallery
google alert
Searchers are looking for Susan.......finally........
IMO, people look for people in mountains, remote places, but from the start, it seemed to me that hardly anyone was searching for Susan.
Please tell me if I am wrong.
Did something tell LE that it was to late?
She was already gone and no rush to find her?
What's up?

I know - I call it San Diego Disneyland -- soooo over the top. When it first opened, we wanted to take a look. Everything was white - carpet and all. You had to put on foot covers to get in. This was years and years ago, I can't imagine what it looks like now.

BTW - an interesting fact about that temple that you can bounce off your friends: Shortly after it was constructed, a thunderstorm came through Southern California and the gold angel on top of the spire was hit by lightning.

I always thought...hmmmm so much grandiose for a church. God must not be too happy :)

Mel

I've always felt the temples were a little much. They are really beautiful, but think how much good all that money could have done if used to help people! All the LDS churches in LV are beautiful and you can spot them from a mile away. Here is the Vegas temple - just a few blocks from my house!

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/lasvegas/

You can't see the golden angels on the spires in this pic, but they are there! Before this temple was built, Vegas couples would have to marry in the St. George temple, which is a couple of hours north of Vegas. It's also quite beautiful.

Hi....checking in....I see that Christmas did not "move" Josh...I doubt if anything will

I hate to say it, but what good will facebook do?? or even "searching"?? I really worry for the safety of the searchers and dogs...unless they have real info on WHERE to search
otherwise it is like a needle in a haystack....so much remote area, wilderness,so many mine shafts, so many possible bodies of water...just mind boggling

I really hope they can get those little boys away from Josh...
I really hope they can charge him and then get him to "talk"

also I hope his family can somehow get thru to him

but facebook? massive searches with no informed reason to search a particular area?
Not going to work JMO

This was probably stated before but why wasn't Josh put under 24 hours surveillance when Susan first went missing and he was acting in such a bizarre and guilty manner. LE would then know exactly where he was for the 24 hours that he was missing with the rented car. The case might have been broken right there and then because I have no doubt that he was out checking the body, or disposing of it in a better place. Very, very poor police work. The children are also in imminent danger from this murderous creep. What is being done to protect them.

http://www.fox13now.com/kstu-susan-powell-search-pg,0,5516566.photogallery
google alert
Searchers are looking for Susan.......finally........
IMO, people look for people in mountains, remote places, but from the start, it seemed to me that hardly anyone was searching for Susan.
Please tell me if I am wrong.
Did something tell LE that it was to late?
She was already gone and no rush to find her?
What's up?

Searchers are looking? I don't see that at the link. I just see pictures of Susan and her family.

The only thing planned this week is a "social media blitz" by the family.

I am a firm believer in social media for missing persons cases but in this particular case I think the family is fooling themselves if they think a twitter or a facebook posting will bring them any answers to help find Susan.

The only person with the answer to that question is Josh.

I still think a ground search would be helpful. 3000 people turned out yesterday to help search for little Sarah and they also had a suspect that wasn't talking but at least people were out there searching for her, wherever they could.

Susan's family and friends have thousands at their disposal to help search. On facebook and through their church community. They should put them to use, if only to eliminate areas.

jmo

Searchers are looking? I don't see that at the link. I just see pictures of Susan and her family.

The only thing planned this week is a "social media blitz" by the family.

I am a firm believer in social media for missing persons cases but in this particular case I think the family is fooling themselves if they think a twitter or a facebook posting will bring them any answers to help find Susan.

The only person with the answer to that question is Josh.

I still think a ground search would be helpful. 3000 people turned out yesterday to help search for little Sarah and they also had a suspect that wasn't talking but at least people were out there searching for her, wherever they could.

Susan's family and friends have thousands at their disposal to help search. On facebook and through their church community. They should put them to use, if only to eliminate areas.

jmo

I read the TEASER title to fast and then copied it here.
Went back and read and saw photos and said to myself WTH????
No searchers, sorry I know UTAH is bad terrain, but have you ever seen the mountains in my area?
And we search here in PA!!!
I do not understand no searchs at all...........

I wonder (but doubt) if Susan's parents got to spend any time with their grandchildren yesterday -- and I pray that when they had the van impounded that they put a tracking device on it.

I'm also wondering about Josh's father - he's so protective of Josh, and supposedly tried to break up their marriage. If he had been successful, where did he think the boys would go? Is this the outcome that HE was hoping for, and would he secretly help to get them out of the country? What lengths will he go to --

O/T - I just saw a commercial on TV for "Micro S'mores" -- now you can make them at home in your microwave; no need for that 40-mile midnight run to the campsite anymore.

I wonder (but doubt) if Susan's parents got to spend any time with their grandchildren yesterday -- and I pray that when they had the van impounded that they put a tracking device on it.

I'm also wondering about Josh's father - he's so protective of Josh, and supposedly tried to break up their marriage. If he had been successful, where did he think the boys would go? Is this the outcome that HE was hoping for, and would he secretly help to get them out of the country? What lengths will he go to --

O/T - I just saw a commercial on TV for "Micro S'mores" -- now you can make them at home in your microwave; no need for that 40-mile midnight run to the campsite anymore.

Chuck Cox It has been a very difficult few days, we where able to see Charlie and Braden on Christmas Eve and Christmas day for several hours. Both are in good health and spirits and seemed to be unaffected by the current situation. We have pictures of Susan and her family up, so I was a little concerned but the boys just went on playing so I am feel they are doing well. Susan's mother and I however have been having issues in those quiet moments as we observe the boys and family. We went through the motions of Christmas but it didn't fill the emptiness. We are comforted by all of your prayers and support. Thank You.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=198478842187

Well...I hold a different viewpoint on searches....I think that IF there is a chance that the person is alive, if it is a searchable area...go for it

but IF it is very dangerous, and bad weather...and when you have a case like this where it could be a radius of ? 300 miles with really rough terrain, mine shafts, snow, ice etc..then you don't risk lives

I will never forget that Shawn Hornbeck's brave dad lost his leg to frostbite from a search

In this case you have a sneaky guy, Josh, who may have ? burnt her remains...cut her up (generator? saw?)....put her in a mine shaft....dumped her in a ravine...whatever...just like a needle in a haystack

also at this point the "social media' is a farce....no one is going to spot Susan at a mall or a concert at college campus

I am not anti-religion, but I do think that more candles and vigils are only for those living or for her soul..they are not going to "bring her back"...sad to say

Let's get real here....LE should have /could have (*I still hope they did and haven't said?) tracked Josh right from the start...then they would have some real "leads" to conduct a worthwhile search...without that, it is a waste and a danger to the searchers

Let's get real here....time to play hardball...those boys are in danger...her family needs to step up and demand that they are removed from Josh, file a civil suit, do something

Can't LE charge him with something?? Lying to them maybe?? I don't know...but they need to play hardball

the ONLY mystery here is "how" and "exact time" he killed his wife...and "where" he has disposed of her body....you can twitter and post facebook stuff but the facts are right there. Time for everyone to take off the kid gloves...at this point I think this sort of "support" is only re-enforcing this creep's belief that he will "get away with it"

Chuck Cox It has been a very difficult few days, we where able to see Charlie and Braden on Christmas Eve and Christmas day for several hours. Both are in good health and spirits and seemed to be unaffected by the current situation. We have pictures of Susan and her family up, so I was a little concerned but the boys just went on playing so I am feel they are doing well. Susan's mother and I however have been having issues in those quiet moments as we observe the boys and family. We went through the motions of Christmas but it didn't fill the emptiness. We are comforted by all of your prayers and support. Thank You.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=198478842187

I must say that I am shocked that the Cox family got to see their grandsons for that length of time.
I am happy to know that Susan's sons were happy for the holidays.
What have the boys been told about their mom?
I can't believe that the boys do not miss mommy.

I agree about dangerous searches, but when weather is decent, what about air search by helicopter? Truck, ATV searches? Not by foot persay.
Ask people to look around their own property.
Our family has over 70 acres........
we check it all the time, basically for security and dead deer.
Yes it is wooded and hilly and has a stream.
In PA we use quads.
I know 300 miles is allot, but devided up it can be done.
It seems like LE knew from day 1 that Susan was dead and no rush to get her body, IMO.
IMO, Susan is closer to her home than people think.
First this Josh hates messes, germs etc.
I can't see him touching a dead body..........
I can see him plan this and disposing Susan asap.
He looks like a coward to me.
A person that would FREAK OUT!!!
not a guy that would keep a dead person for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes