NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question and one answer:

Question:

In the 911 call, AB mentioned that "we" went to check on Zahra, when the dogs woke him up.

Why would both AB and EB go to check on Zahra at 2:30 am?

Answer to Netsleuther from Previous Thread:

If Zahra's body is possibly located in the unverified "Monte Carlo", in a Lake (all speculative), then, it's possible that the tossing of the prosthetic leg was an afterthought (thanks Elepher), and done after-the-fact, when it was realized that the leg was still in the house.

When did she arrive and how do you know?
And when you say she was the first there with a SEARCH dog -- it's entirely possible that police dogs were on the scene prior ?

Or was she the one who had HRD dogs that hit on the chipper and cars to have it discounted by LE ?

In the search warrant Maria and her dog were at 21 21st Avenue NE
http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807 Page 4 of search warrant to be exact.

It was a K-9 dog at the wood chipper in Morgantan, NC. Real Tree Services in Morganton, N.C., where the girl's father, Adam Baker, works as a laborer.

I know, but still! Any reasonable person or official would want to check that out just to make sure - I would THINK? We know the ransom note was bogus, but the police/fire dept didn't at that time & it is logical to assume that they would follow up on it then! Why would the imaginary kidnappers place a ransom note in front of a house they didn't kidnap someone from??

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

Yes, LE should have asked by chance do you have a daughter? We need to check on her. I think maybe that is what EB expected. I think she started the fire. But when they did not realize that Zahra was missing that night, she had to go to the running outside the next afternoon screaming part.

Lemmee see if I have this straight :

2am: he either checks on Zahra, or he's sleeping
5am (ish): dog wakes him up and he notices fire
5:20-6:40: he's "in a big panic" and talking to police and firefighters
shortly thereafter, he and the wife go back to sleep.

now,according to AB, he wakes up, goes to check on a job, comes home and either goes back to sleep (I woke up and she was gone), or he works in the yard (wife came running to tell me Z was missing).

So...if I'm doubting his story, I have nothing credible to vet his timeline here, other than the time he spent with firefighters/police and the time he made the 911 call about a missing child.

Am I missing anything here?

I know, but still! Any reasonable person or official would want to check that out just to make sure - I would THINK? We know the ransom note was bogus, but the police/fire dept didn't at that time & it is logical to assume that they would follow up on it then! Why would the imaginary kidnappers place a ransom note in front of a house they didn't kidnap someone from??

Perhaps because it was a rental house the boss owned.

I think it all backfired on EB. I think the fire was a poly to get law enforcement to the house and once the ransom note was found, she wanted AB to go check on Z and find her missing, but didn't.

These are only MY opinions and are not fact based.

Yes we know that ransom note was bogus.

We know that because we know after the fact.

I honestly don't think that as the event was unfolding that LE knew. They didn't have the luxury that we do. They had to watch it unfold to figure it out.

I'm not understanding the focus of your post. Are you implying that LE was remiss in not walking into the house when they responded to the car gasoline smell and ransom note?

If you do think so, please please tell me how that could have prevented Zahra's murder? TIA.

Not being snippy at all. Just sounds that way when I type sometimes LOL :)

JMHO

I've taken myself on a bit of a wild goose chase just to see where my Google map driving would take me if traveling near the drag strip road site which is approx 12 minutes from the Christy Road site.

I noticed what looks to be an old wooden cabin in the middle of nowhere which is along a dirt trail off Drag Strip Road.

coordinates of the cabin are 35.887754,-81.458976 which only need cut and paste into Google maps to see that location. Z could be anywhere though. :(

Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...68&sspn=49.357162,114.169922&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16
Thankx! When you zoom in on that as much as you can you can see that its "partially submerged" in water. Strange - looks like someone "dug that square" out and then it filled with water.

Anyone else's thoughts?

So, the Thursday and Friday prior to Zahra being reported missing, were big days.

Does anyone have a full recap of all the things that happened, or supposedly happened? Here is what I can remember. I am sure I am missing some things, so please help?

Thursday

-New mattress purchased
-Last time Adam seen Zahra
-Last time Brittany seen Zahra

Friday:

-Confrontation between EB and BS regarding charges against EB
-"Drama" as reported in 911 call by AB
-Arson fire and dogs waking AB/EB up
-EB states she should leave NC

Wasn't the leg found UNDER some brush? If it was under something it could not have just been thrown out of the window.

I dont know if the leg was found under that brush they were all looking at.
Maybe they found something else under there!

The ransom note was addressed to the property owner, after finding out owners daughter was not kidnapped,They should have asked do you have a daughter? Maybe a kidnapper would assume the owner lived in the home and kidnapped a child from the residence where the note was found.

I think it all backfired on EB. I think the fire was a poly to get law enforcement to the house and once the ransom note was found, she wanted AB to go check on Z and find her missing, but didn't.

I think she started the fire, hoping the entire house would burn down, that is why gasoline was also on the car, but she either called or AB woke up too soon and fire dept got there too soon. She probably thought all that mulch would make that fire spread fast and quick. Thinking if anything went wrong she will be safe and then she could blame zahra must have died in the house...ok far reach but I'm thinking out loud.

Thankx! When you zoom in on that as much as you can you can see that its "partially submerged" in water. Strange - looks like someone "dug that square" out and then it filled with water.

Anyone else's thoughts?

I don't see water in that area and without knowing the elevation I can't see run off either where water could fill that area. To me it looks like a dirt track going to a shack.

Isn't it irritating when we're relying on MSM for "proof", that they regularly report incorrectly!? How can we sort out what's going on? Not to mention going round in circles as new WSers find the incorrect reporting and it starts all over again.... argh.

Yes we know that ransom note was bogus.

We know that because we know after the fact.

I honestly don't think that as the event was unfolding. They didn't have the luxury that we do. They had to watch it unfold to figure it out.

I'm not understanding the focus of your post. Are you implying that LE was remiss in not walking into the house when they responded to the car gasoline smell and ransom note?

If you do think so, please please tell me how that could have prevented Zahra's murder? TIA.

Not being snippy at all. Just sounds that way when I type sometimes LOL :)

JMHO

Of course not. The murder couldn't have been prevented. I would say that after responding to an arson call and finding a ransom note on a vehicle up in flames (or simply doused in gasoline), yes, someone should have said "Do you have a daughter?" If so, please make sure she's ok." Would it have changed the outcome? Absolutely not, but it would have started the investigation a lot sooner and who knows how the events would have unfolded, you know? I don't think it's unreasonable to assume someone should have posed the question of "where's your daughter?". What I can't figure out is WHY any of this was necessary because it seems to me no one would have ever noticed her missing?

So, the Thursday and Friday prior to Zahra being reported missing, were big days.

Does anyone have a full recap of all the things that happened, or supposedly happened? Here is what I can remember. I am sure I am missing some things, so please help?

Thursday

-New mattress purchased
-Last time Adam seen Zahra
-Last time Brittany seen Zahra

Friday:

-Confrontation between EB and BS regarding charges against EB
-"Drama" as reported in 911 call by AB
-Arson fire and dogs waking AB/EB up
-EB states she should leave NC

Wait, BS saw Zahra on Thursday? I wasn't aware of that. Are we sure it was the Thurs. just prior to the fire?

It worries me that AB is still out and about........I'd feel so much better knowing he was behind bars.

IMO you might be right.She probably expected them to check Zahra,when they did not they messed up her plan.Makes sense to me also.

Yes, it is how they caught the Green River Killer..

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY!!!

Sorry, slightly O/T, but I provided assistance to GR at a job I used to have (entirely verifiable FWIW), and recognized him on T.V. later when he was arrested.

He got irate and we had to go on security alert--and this was a couple years before he was aprehended...haven't thought about it in a while--I might have to sleep with my teddy bear tonight now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy