State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nancy deposited the money into the joint acount even though Brad was having an affair with another woman and the marriage was on the rocks?

It was in early Jan. 2007 that they gave the children the money. Before all the affair stuff was discussed. The marriage wasn't really on the rocks until Jan. 2008.

You know, come to think of it, it is *possible* Nancy didn't have any idea how much was owed on the house. If Nancy didn't have a SS #, was she even listed on the loan for the house, I wonder? I realize she was listed on the deed to the house, but was she listed on the loan, I wonder? Could Brad have done any of these things himself? Refinance? etc., without Nancy's signature? Just a thought?

Her signature would've been required b/c she is listed on the deed and that property is collateral for the loans. And those documents would be signed in front of bank personnel/notary public.

HiDiHo follks..Geesh Car Issues this morning Gerrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, we are due back soon??.. I did some reading...so assume No FBI witnesses yet..also Did they finish with Nancy's Father yet???

:seeya:

Just thinking out loud (or in type here)....unless BC killed NC in self-defense, and we have heard or read nothing about self-defense, NC did not deserve to be killed by BC.

So no matter how much she spent, was out with friends, didn't clean, talked bad about BC and on and on...any discussion about NC's behavior in this regard is bashing the victim.

If some other dude did it - then both of the Cooper's have been destroyed. Not saying SODDI.

I think talking bad about BC (whether true or untrue) is relevant because a majority of testimony in this case is what NC told her friends/family about BC.

How much she was out with friends is relevant because one of the questions in this case is how much did BC care for those children. Someone had to be taking care of those kids.

Some days you can say there's been borderline bashing of the victim but I haven't seen any of that today. Are we just not allowed to talk about NC at all?

HiDiHo follks..Geesh Car Issues this morning Gerrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, we are due back soon??.. I did some reading...so assume No FBI witnesses yet..also Did they finish with Nancy's Father yet???

:seeya:

No FBI yet, Nancy's dad still on the stand. Think he will be there to introduce depostion probably. :great:

I think talking bad about BC (whether true or untrue) is relevant because a majority of testimony in this case is what NC told her friends/family about BC.

How much she was out with friends is relevant because one of the questions in this case is how much did BC care for those children. Someone had to be taking care of those kids.

Some days you can say there's been borderline bashing of the victim but I haven't seen any of that today. Are we just not allowed to talk about NC at all?

I didn't mean to discourage discussion. My apologies.

?

< snipped to address point >

In the very early years of my marriage I was in a similar postion as Nancy, in that I was stuck at home with two babies, no car, and my husband worked all day, and went to school a couple nights a week. In the cold/snow of winter, there was no way to go anywhere with two babies and no car. On occasion, weather permitting, I could take a bus, or if no snow, use baby carriage. No easy feat either way. In those days my husband really was not yet into *childcare*. When he wasn't at work or school, there were many MANY nights he did homework from school, I put the kids down to sleep, and escaped the house to be with other adults, my friends. Just because he was there in the house at the time, I wouldn't have called what my husband did 'taking care of the kids'. :banghead: In fact, one day I made plans with my friends to make candles on a Saturday. That was the one and only time I left my kids with hubby for any length of time, hours. When I got home he had them in bed, for the day/night. It was like 4:00 pm, and they were supposedly 'down for the night' cause hubby had 'had it'. :floorlaugh: He was certain they had to have been MUCH WORSE than normal. Yeah, I got them back up again and said 'welcome to MY world.' :rollercoaster:

Yikes...Whats with the Feed today..Buffering every 5 seconds :banghead:
Can someone there call and tell them to increase their bandwidth Pleeeeezze???..It appears Mr. Rentz has lost some weight?

According to this article, you may NOT get a U.S. Social Security card if you're an immigrant, UNLESS you have permission from DHS to work in the U.S. or are a verified foreign student.

This article is incorrect because I know for a fact, personally, you do not need work authorization to obtain a SSN. I accompanied a friend to the SSA to get a SSN who was not able to work in the US.

Oh dear. Having to explain what they told oldest child why mommy wasn't coming home. She was so hurt her body couldn't be mended so she's with the angels.

I'm truly in awe of Mr. Rentz. He is so composed, professional, and really does not come across as biased. He has said nice things about BC. BC was very lucky to have them as inlaws. What was he thinking (even if he is innocent, he was not a great son in law, treating their daughter the way he did).

This article is incorrect because I know for a fact, personally, you do not need work authorization to obtain a SSN. I accompanied a friend to the SSA to get a SSN who was not able to work in the US.

Were they a student?

The point is, IMHO, NC THOUGHT she needed BC to take care of the matter so she could get a social security card or a green card. Her residency in the U.S. was based on her LIVING and being MARRIED to BC. Her father has testified to what NC believed.

JMHO
fran

What is the defense's explanation of the 22 second call from the house line to BC's cell phone, I think, at 6:07am? Is BC home at the time? I assume this covered in opening statements.(?)

Oh dear. Having to explain what they told oldest child why mommy wasn't coming home. She was so hurt her body couldn't be mended so she's with the angels.

Not only that, it was a whole day later after NC's body had been found. BC had not told her and appeared to have no intention of doing so. NC's sister had to do it.

I'm truly in awe of Mr. Rentz. He is so composed, professional, and really does not come across as biased. He has said nice things about BC. BC was very lucky to have them as inlaws. What was he thinking (even if he is innocent, he was not a great son in law, treating their daughter the way he did).

I so agree BR..His demeanor personifies "Gentleman"!!!

Not only that, it was a whole day later after NC's body had been found. BC had not told her and appeared to have no intention of doing so. NC's sister had to do it.

He also had the children for almost two hours, at which time he'd told Mr. Rentz he would tell them, and he didn't. Then he stalled around until the kids left him without knowing, thus Krista having to tell Bella.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members