Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
She used her extra gas so she could get back to I-15. She needed people to think she went from Pasadena to Salt Lake and got "lost".

Google maps suggested route from Mesa to SLC isn't even through Las Vegas. Curious why she would take that route which is longer.

Exactly: she was trying to hide the fact that she ever went to Mesa.

At some point the Judge has to say no more. There are new questions from the jurors and Juan isn't done grilling her on the last 200. Because JA lies about everything the jurors need to sit back so we can get off the Jodi Show and onto justice for TA

I, for one, as tired of seeing her on the stand already. Enough is enough. Besides the jury should be tired of her by now too.

Speaking of questions, I found one question interesting. This is the one: "What is your understanding of the word *advertiser censored*?" I was thinking, does someone on the jury think she's one and wanted to know if she knew what it meant...

I think I remember early in her testimony that she did indicate that she waited requisite 10 days for the 9mm...

Someone please explain the logic behind this, if there is any. She just used a stolen firearm in the commission of a murder in Arizona, returns to California, has to know that LE is suspicious of her involvement and applies for a gun permit? One would think she would try to remain as anonymous as possible. She truly is insane!!!

:eek:

maybe she will go back into her fog when they slam the door on her death row cell .:floorlaugh:

She is something else...trying to control her prosecutor by suggesting that he is scrambling her brain by his volume, tone and posture.

Yet she recall every detail of Travis "abusing" her or having road rage! Just can't seem to remember knives and blood and nine knife wounds in his back

:great:
How about we apply Occam's Razor as well??:please:

I'm a fan of that approach too. Things are rarely more complicated than they need to be.

How about this thought for extreme simplicity ... when was the last time 48 Hours did a show on someone who was later found to be innocent of the charges against them?! Not often.

She's admitted self-defence of course but at the time of the documentary she was claiming innocence.

I forgot about her previous exposure to knives. Yeah she probably had it on her. I still believe it was a premeditated shoot first scenario though.

The medical examiner disagrees. That shot went through just above his right eyebrow and lodged in his left cheek bone. The ME says that the shot alone would either have incapacitated him completely or killed him outright. Seeing as he managed to get himself out of the shower, hang onto the sink to drip blood from his chest wound from the knife all over it and manage to get down the length of the hallway says that he was shot last. The chest wound was the first attack wound according to the ME followed by the other stab wounds - note that he had typical defensive cuts on his hands trying to ward off the continued stabbing and most of the stab wounds were in his back indicating he was either already on the ground when he reached the end of the hall or collapsed during the continued stabbing onto his face. With him lying there, she then slit his throat. She then got the gun, rolled him over onto his back and shot him in the face.

I don't think she really wanted to have to use the gun at all because of the noise that neighbors might hear, and believed that the single knife wound to the chest would kill him. I believe at that point she left the bathroom and was astonished to find he wasn't dead in the shower conveniently having all the blood evidence wash down the drain and discovered he had gotten out of the shower and the bathroom and got himself down the hall. It was at that point I think she freaked out and continued to stab him in a frenzy to make sure she actually killed him.

In this case, I don't think it was entirely rage killing but also hysterical frenzy being so shocked and scared that the single knife wound didn't kill him. I don't believe she ever imagined that there would be any blood all over the place needing to be cleaned up, and that she illogically dragged him back to the bathroom and stuffed him back in the shower in a nutty attempt to force the situation back to what her original plan invisioned would happen and thus attempt to force the control of the situation back to what she expected with her being entirely in control of the situation.

What exactly is Occams Razor?

It is an analytical framework that privileges the simplest explanations, "all things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one."

You're welcome. :) That I don't know for sure but I would assume he's only supposed to get her to elaborate on her responses to the new jury questions. Based on what we've seen so far though I think he'll sneak the gas cans thing in somewhere.

You can ask it in the legal thread! I'm curious too now!

I think JM can continue on wednesday with the jury questions that were brought up on this past thursday.
When the new jury questions are asked then the defence can go over the new question answers again and when they are done then JM gets his turn.
After that the defence will bring in their pro people to testify and when they are done with them the prosecution brings in their pros.
I think this is how it's done.

More calculations.

The total round trip from Redding -> Pasadena -> Mesa -> Las Vegas -> SLC -> Redding = 2389 miles (mileage according to google maps)

Total number of miles she put on her rental: 2834

Difference= 445

Granted she probably put in a few miles here and there for driving within her stopped areas, such as SLC, Pasadena, the drive to TA's house. But 445 is a lot of extra miles. So she probably drove quite far off the route (probably in the desert somewhere in NV or UT) to dispose of the gun/rope/etc... I'm guessing at least 100-200 miles. Meaning she either went off route...or drove in and drove out off of her route so it could be anywhere from 50-100 miles off of I-15 somewhere between Las Vegas and SLC.

So I don't know if she was officially stopped at Hoover Damn. Will have to go back and check the testimony. But I am guessing that she cleaned up somewhere between Mesa and Hoover Dam but didn't dispose of any evidence bc she would have had to get right back on I-15 for more gas. She couldn't have deviated 200+ miles to dispose of the gun yet bc she would have run out of gas.

Does anybody know of where else she says she stopped for gas?

Also, somebody up thread calculated 4 hours unaccounted for between the time she left TA's place and arrived at RB's place. Four hours to drive aprox. 200 miles to dispose of evidence. Somewhere in UT I imagine.

That is exactly what I was thinking last night. My boyfriend asked me, "So, if she hadn't taken those pics she'd wouldn't have been caught?" I was like, "hahaha..No."

beside the pics the police also found ja's blood on the wall mixed with ta's. even with out the pics she would have been arrested. :moo:

I, for one, as tired of seeing her on the stand already. Enough is enough. Besides the jury should be tired of her by now too.

Speaking of questions, I found one question interesting. This is the one: "What is your understanding of the word *advertiser censored*?" I was thinking, does someone on the jury think she's one and wanted to know if she knew what it meant...

It's become an exercise in tedium. She is nowhere near as interesting or provocative as she thinks, and all we're left with is an extension of Nurmi's boring direct. By the time this trick exits, we'll all be eligible for social security.

Re: the *advertiser censored* question- if after the trial the writer comes forward, just to say he/she was messing with her, I'd :floorlaugh: for a week.

That is exactly what I was thinking last night. My boyfriend asked me, "So, if she hadn't taken those pics she'd wouldn't have been caught?" I was like, "hahaha..No."

Well the pictures give the exact time of the murders! Even without them, I think she would have propbably eventually been arrested, because of her DNA on the wall and everybody telling police about her. But as Jodi has said, "wherever I am, my camera is with me." She is STOOPID enough to have actual documatation of the brutal murder. What kind of physco takes those kinds of pictures ?

60's song by the Zombies

Well no one told me about her the way she lied
Well no one told me about her how many people cried
But it's too late to say you're sorry
How would I know why should I care Please don't bother tryin' to find her
She's not there

Well let me tell you 'bout the way she looked
The way she'd act and the colour of her hair
Her voice was soft and cool Her eyes were clear and bright But she's not there

Well no one told me about her, what could I do
Well no one told me about her, though they all knew
But it's too late to say you're sorry
How would I know, why should I care Please don't bother tryin' to find her
She's not there

http://www.metrolyrics.com/shes-not-there-lyrics-the-zombies.html

to those of you that think the roommates actions were odd please read Flores' report and what the roommates said in their interviews
the night they found Travis dead. Travis' house was 3300+ sq ft. Travis had made arrangements for someone to feed and water the dog because he was going to Cancun.

They were not really friends of Travis' (just roommates) and did not keep track of his busy schedule. One roommate only became a roommate 2 wks prior and was not there much. Travis' room was locked and he had an en-suite room...they did not use the same restroom.

One roommate worked at a fish house.....no sense of smell probably and had stayed at his gfs parents home house sitting while they were on a cruise the week Travis was killed.

THESE ARE men....I highly doubt they spent much time at the kitchen sink OR searching out smells. One roommate said he did notice a funky smell...think of it this way, you just moved into another person's personal home & you rent a room how deep are you going to dig into their stuff? They thought he was out of town. They had no idea he was dead! Maybe since Travis was gone they thought the dog had "stunk" the place up. Men this age are focused on working, sleeping and gfs and avoid smells b/c they may have to clean something LOL. Read Det Flores' report it helps put their actions in place....maybe odd for some of us to understand but if you ever had a roommate easy to understand based on my former roommates :seeya:

Someone please explain the logic behind this, if there is any. She just used a stolen firearm in the commission of a murder in Arizona, returns to California, has to know that LE is suspicious of her involvement and applies for a gun permit? One would think she would try to remain as anonymous as possible. She truly is insane!!!

:eek:

I think she may have been anticipating going on the run or just going "underground," in which case she may have found herself in all kinds of unseemly situations. She had already dumped the .25, so that was gone.

Is it possible that JM can destroy JA's entire claim of 'self-defense' in his closing? Wouldn't her entire story fall apart if JM can prove beyond reasonable doubt that she started stabbing him while he was defenseless in the shower? That she in no way was in imminent danger while he was in the shower? The only weapons within his reach would have been a loufa and a bar of soap. Her timeline is simply incredulous!!! If, indeed, TA was physically capable of escaping his death chamber, the shower stall, he certainly would NOT have chased HER through the closet - he would have raced as fast as he could to the stairway and down to the front door.

In addition to the ME's testimony that forensics indicate the stab wounds preceded the gunshot wound, common sense dictates this conclusion. Jodi was the one who chased Travis through the bathroom and into the hallway as he struggled to escape - not
vice-versa.

There was NO 'accidental' dropping of the camera, precipitating the 'fatal fight'! Her story is a crock! It was a cold-blooded murder!

Excellent post!:goodpost:

It's become an exercise in tedium. She is nowhere near as interesting or provocative as she thinks, and all we're left with is an extension of Nurmi's boring direct. By the time this trick exits, we'll all be eligible for social security.

Re: the *advertiser censored* question- if after the trial the writer comes forward, just to say he/she was messing with her, I'd :floorlaugh: for a week.

:floorlaugh:

I'll :floorlaugh: for another week if that juror writes a book and titles it 'What is your understanding of the word '*advertiser censored*?' just for good measure.

I saw reported this morning on HLN a comment that after this trial, they think more states will go to juries asking questions. Thoughts? I personally LOVE IT.

I "think" I like the idea ... but am somewhat concerned that there is no "cut-off" point ....how long should they be able to go on ... and on ... and on ... and still get no answers. I guess because it is a DP case, they have to the let the jury get all of their questions in. They seem somewhat repetitive though ... The thing that I DO like about it is that the lawyers are able to follow up on the questions from the jury ... so (in a way) there is more "direct examination" and "cross examination". I think it's a good system (jury questions), but I'm thinking it should maybe be a one-step system ... and maybe not adding more questions after the original questions. I have to think on it some more ... I guess generally speaking, I like the idea ... Have I confused you ... cuz I've confused myself :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998