GUILTY PA - Cullen Keffer, Shamus Digney & Ryan Lesher, all 15, Bucks County, 30 Aug 2014

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
Dad 'let 15-year-old daughter go for a joyride so long as she brought him back a sandwich' - then told cops she took SUV without permission after she crashed and killed three
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-daughter-taking-car-without-permission.html

When Michael Ware's 15-year-old daughter killed three friends in a tragic Labor Day weekend car crash, her father told police that she took the SUV without his permission.

It's now been revealed that Ware was lying, and actually encouraged his unlicensed daughter to go for the joy ride to a local barbecue restaurant with five friends - as long as she brought him back a sandwich.

Now both father and daughter are facing charges for the crash that killed 15-year-old Pennsylvania boys Cullen Keffer, Shamus Digney and Ryan Lesher the morning of August 30.

Father and daughter have been charged. What kind of parent allows their children to joyride like this????????????

Oh no. What a shame for all involved. Shame on that so called father.

One area resident, Marie Drobnicki, told The Inquirer she was doing yard work Saturday morning when she heard a vehicle screeching down the steep curve in front of her house.

Then she heard boys screaming from inside the SUV.

"Slow down! Slow down!" they yelled, Drobnicki said Tuesday.

'Horrific' sounds
She said she saw the SUV hit a patch of gravel, and turn sharply around the bend, skidding along the edge of a ditch and out of sight behind trees.

The curve where the crash occurred is particularly dangerous, said Drobnicki, 68. During one recent winter, she said, she recorded 14 car accidents in a journal she keeps.

http://articles.philly.com/2014-09-04/news/53527781_1_suv-overturned-vehicle-crash

The father deserves more punishment than the poor 15 yr old. Is was obviously STUPID for her to drive. But she is only 15 and has the right to be stupid. Her so called father was a total moron, however. And he is old enough to know better. He should be up on manslaughter charges, not his daughter, imo. She did not steal the car, she was ENCOURAGED to go get a sandwich for her pathetic father.

The father deserves more punishment than the poor 15 yr old. Is was obviously STUPID for her to drive. But she is only 15 and has the right to be stupid. Her so called father was a total moron, however. And he is old enough to know better. He should be up on manslaughter charges, not his daughter, imo. She did not steal the car, she was ENCOURAGED to go get a sandwich for her pathetic father.

I wondered why the other kids parentS let them get in the truck..An suv . 6 young teens in one SUV just makes me question what the parents were told about the outing.

I wondered why the other kids parentS let them get in the truck..An suv . 6 young teens in one SUV just makes me question what the parents were told about the outing.

They must be so devastated. And to found out a father ALLOWED an unlicensed 15 yr old to drive off with their precious kids? I remember one time finding out that the family that took my 12 yr old son on a snow boarding trip, was letting their 15 1/2 yr old permit driver drive them all in the snowy mountains. I NEVER said the 15 yr old could drive my kid on a snowy pass. The kid had no experience driving in the snow. that really made me angry.

I don't know that she has a " right to be stupid." Teenagers younger than her have been charged as adults.
She is still charged as a juvenile.

Yes. He deserves more punishment in allowing his kid to do something so illegal and dangerous. But she's no poor kid to me. At 15, even with that as a parent, she's old enough to know its wrong and super dangerous to go careening at top speeds around curves in a car. Her poor friends were begging her to slow down. She didn't.

From May 2015:

http://articles.philly.com/2015-05-...ffer-wallenpaupack-lake-estates-shamus-digney

The 16-year-old girl who crashed her father's SUV in the Poconos last summer while driving without a license, killing three boys from Council Rock High School South, was placed on indefinite probation Tuesday...

Ware in April accepted responsibility for three counts of vehicular homicide, the equivalent of pleading guilty in adult court.

From August 2015:

http://articles.philly.com/2015-08-24/news/65773716_1_suv-crash-shamus-digney-boys

After the crash, Michael Ware avoided speaking with police and at first let his daughter take the blame. Two months later, a friend alerted investigators about the father's role.

His efforts to avoid blame seemed at least part of the reason a judge ordered him Thursday to serve at least 78 months in prison, more than six times what Ware's lawyer had sought. "What is it within you that allows you to let your daughter take the blame for this horrific manslaughter?" bellowed Wayne County President Judge Raymond Hamill.

Ware, who had pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment, delivered a brief apology to the families. But it didn't seem to have much effect. Several questioned what kind of father Ware could be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back