IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be better if the perp was turned in sooner rather than later. Now that the sheriff has announced that the reward will be increased to $100,000 soon, why not hold out. I think they need to choose a reward amount and stick to it.

If you really thought you had "the" tip, I think there would be some urgency - just from a money perspective - to report it before someone else beat you to it.

Or could they have been looking for anything that might have dropped or been dropped off the bridge into the water?
They are quite a distance from the bridge... and the water is flowing the other direction... so I'd say "no."

Sexual assault can be done with an object, which is what I was thinking wouldn't leave DNA. How do you know the search warrants that have been served were on RSOs? I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

I believe it was discussed on these threads ( please don't ask me which ones...way too many to remember) that both homes searched thus far were the homes of RSO's. Also, object or not it is JMO that the intimacy required of a sexual assault would leave dna in abundance... you can choose to disagree... it after all is JMO.

Can't believe you guys filled up a whole new thread in the past 12 hours!

Impossible for me to read all and catch up properly. I read the last few pages, reward has been upped, but nothing else new? Is that correct?

Granted there are only something like 2 true days that the sun rises and sets exactly east and west but the sun does not rise and set in the south in the winter. It rises and sets a little bit to the south of the true east and west line and in summer it sets a little bit to the north of the east and west line. That is what I was correcting is that it doesn't rise and set in the south. In fact because it's Feb and close to the equinox it's pretty close to setting truly east and west.

True, Spring/vernal equinox is march 20, but as you state it is close.

I think people need to step back and realize that in the grand scheme of investigations this one is still in its infancy. I understand the frustration and the worry, I do but losing faith in LE when they've done everything they can so far won't help.

Investigating is a lengthy and tedious process. Even when the killer is basically sitting on their doorstep it's still a long process. Unless caught in the act these things aren't going to be solved quickly.

I'd say anyone feeling upset enough to argue with strangers, belittle others (including law enforcement) needs to step back and stop spending their lives focusing on this. Take a breather. Watch for major updates but attacking others won't help. You control yourself, not how fast this investigation will go and calling others out about your frustrations won't help.

Someone knows him. If it's not you, don't be so invested that you're changing your life for the worst.

Ps whose BG? I need a drink. ;)
Amen!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Something I haven't seen much discussion about is the recent changes to SR 25. One of the reasons people are having such a hard time finding this bridge now is that they turned SR-25 into a much larger highway with limited on-off access. SR-25 used to go right through Delphi and now it goes around it. This road is now literally called "Old SR-25". The ultimate destination is the same (leading to 65) but SR 25 takes a slightly more southern path and is a huge time saver as there are less stops.

You used to be able to take a direct turn onto 300 N off of 25 and be at the park / trail entrance (albeit an easy to miss park entrance).

The bottom right road in these images is 300N which leads to the trail & also leads to the cemetery. Now to access this road you must make a loop. They also added a 2nd bridge going over the new SR 25 to continue allowing pedestrians from town access to these trails.

Point being, it's not an easy place to stumble onto and is even more difficult to find especially via automobile unless you know the area. You could accidentally find this bridge if you were coming from town, walk across the newly built bridge crossing SR 25 as it leads you directly into Monon High Bridge but that would assume that you're on foot and coming from town. I suppose you might see the bridge from SR 25 and think "I wonder where that path leads to?" and it leads to Monon High Bridge.

Attachments

• 2012.jpg
    2012.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 703
  • 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 713
  • 2014a.jpg
    2014a.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 713
I've always been rather confused by the need to constantly up the amount of a reward in order to get somebody to call in and report the location of a murderer. It seems to me that most decent people would call it in out of a sense of duty and public safety, reward or not.

On that same note, for a person to be so driven by greed that they won't call in a tip on the murder of two young girls until the reward reaches high enough for their liking pretty much makes them just as bad as the killer himself in my book.
Sad right!? But it works a lot of times. Personally I wouldn't except it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe it was discussed on these threads ( please don't ask me which ones...way too many to remember) that both homes searched thus far were the homes of RSO's. Also, object or not it is JMO that the intimacy required of a sexual assault would leave dna in abundance... you can choose to disagree... it after all is JMO.

I think it was speculated that the homes searched belong to RSOs, but not reported as such or confirmed.

Personally, I think the motive for this crime was sexual assault so I believe there is a high likelihood that DNA was left behind. I'm just not so sure it matches anyone in the database. I think LE has a DNA sample that they can't match, but that's just my opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Something I haven't seen much discussion about is the recent changes to SR 25. One of the reasons people are having such a hard time finding this bridge now is that they turned SR-25 into a much larger highway with limited on-off access. SR-25 used to go right through Delphi and now it goes around it. This road is now literally called "Old SR-25". The ultimate destination is the same (leading to 65) but SR 25 takes a slightly more southern path and is a huge time saver as there are less stops.

You used to be able to take a direct turn onto 300 N off of 25 and be at the park / trail entrance (albeit an easy to miss park entrance).

The bottom right road in these images is 300N which leads to the trail & also leads to the cemetery. Now to access this road you must make a loop. They also added a 2nd bridge going over the new SR 25 to continue allowing pedestrians from town access to these trails.

Point being, it's not an easy place to stumble onto and is even more difficult to find especially via automobile unless you know the area. You could accidentally find this bridge if you were coming from town, walk across the newly built bridge crossing SR 25 as it leads you directly into Monon High Bridge but that would assume that you're on foot and coming from town. I suppose you might see the bridge from SR 25 and think "I wonder where that path leads to?" and it leads to Monon High Bridge.

Yes very true!! I liked to have never found it Sunday! GPS kept taking me to Riley park. Then it swung me around Hoosier Heartland and said "you've arrived at your destination". I was like, huh? Also I had wondered about a trucker but we had to drive under bridge and I can't remember but it didn't seem like a height clearance that would allow a big rig back there. With that said there is a US Aggregates back there so trucks have to enter somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of it! Interesting approach because it can reach people in their trucks or cars who commute or work on the road a lot.

I know that I would be more likely to hear about the case on the radio rather than on television or in print. (Were I not always lurking at WS)

I seldom watch TV and get my news on the interwebz these days, but I always have on my car radio.

My personal OPINION is that there WAS a sexual assault (on either one or both girls) that did leave DNA, but it didn't match anyone in their system. If it had, it would have resulted in an arrest by now. Remember that young girl (was she autistic or had Asperger's) that went missing a month or two ago, was found deceased in an abandoned house, and her killer was caught via DNA in like 2 days because his DNA was on file?

This guy will eventually be caught based on the 6,000++ leads to go through. I just don't have much faith that it will be soon, and I initially did.

All my opinion, based on no fact.

bbm - Does anyone have a (wild) guess how long it might take to follow up on 6000+ tips?

Do I remember correctly a few days ago they said they have ruled out 5 (!?!) so far?

I think it was speculated that the homes searched belong to RSOs, but not reported as such or confirmed.

Personally, I think the motive for this crime was sexual assault so I believe there is a high likelihood that DNA was left behind. I'm just not so sure it matches anyone in the database. I think LE has a DNA sample that they can't match, but that's just my opinion.

The first house was not a RSO, but there was someone with the same name not related.
The second house I recall seeing that there was a RSO on the same street but I never even saw the street number released or even segment of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member