CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the last minute home repairs and did son-in-law ever step foot inside Bob's house again after Mon, July 27?

July, 2009

• Tues, July 7 - Fontelle returned to MO
  • Wed, July 15 - Daughter J, on her 32nd wedding anniversary, drives down the hill from R.S. to Bob's house (1 hr, 23 min drive, up to 3 hrs in traffic) to "help remove mom's personal stuff out of the house preparing for my dad's new bride to move in."
  • Sun, July 26 - Family meeting at Bob's house attended by daughter J and her husband J (Bob's son-in-law)
  • Mon, July 27 - Son-in-law drives down the hill from R.S. and arrives at Bob's house allegedly to do home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects. Bob goes missing.
  • Tues, July 28 - Daugher J drives down the hill rom R.S. and arrives at Bob's house to change the linens and get the house ready for Bob and Fontelle. Son-in-law does not accompany her to finish his small repair projects because Bob wasn't answering the phone.
  • Wed, July 29 - Fontelle returns to Placentia/Bob's house.
http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4855
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar...month=7&country=1&typ=1&cols=3&display=1&df=1

Thanks Cloudajo!

Ok, so we have 22 days between the time Fontelle left for MO to pack her belongings and her planned move to CA. Take two days, the 7th and 29th for travel days. That still leaves 20 days for Bob to prepare the home.

We know from daughter JuM's post on ROTW she went down the hill to help her father pack her mothers belongings on the 15th. Why didn't SIL JeM choose to accompany her the same day and begin those home repairs IF there were really home repairs needing to be completed? Also, with all the rift raft about Fontelle 'holding their mothers items' hostage, how are we to know Bob did not give them to daughter JuM on the 15th? Or perhaps some other time prior to Fontelles return?

20 full non travel days, and SIL JeM shows up at the 11th hour immediately following a heated family meeting to do home repairs he does not complete? Yet his wife returns the day following Bobs disappearance and he has no concerns over his wifes safety. Why? What reason did SIL JeM have to not worry about his wifes safety on the 28th when his FIL went missing the day before?

Why wouldn't SIL JeM come back down the hill on the 28th to complete those repairs if he had no reason to believe Bob would not be returning? After all he allegedly left uncompleted home repairs and planned to return, at least according to daughter RB, the following day to complete repairs. Whether Bob was answering the phone or not, his wife still had access to the home and was able to let herself in on the 28th for who knows what reason. His new MIL was expected to return the 29th and he left uncompleted home repairs for her?

Or was the hope that Bob was missing, and Fontelle would not show up? Was that the plan and the reason for the 'odd jobs' home repairs on the 27th?

20 days yet SIL shows up at the 11th hour and within hours of the heated family meeting and then poof Bob vanishes.

HMMMM

I too would like to know what home repairs were completed. And why they were needed. Where those home repairs actually needed prior to SIL JeM's arrival the 27th or where they a result of something that occured while SIL JeM was at Bobs home that morning?

Where there any witnesses who had been in the home prior to that day to verify yes, items A, B, and C.... where in fact in disrepair and needed to be replaced or repaired prior to SIL JeM's arrival on the 27th?

The recent posts about alleged "home repairs," etc. certainly make it quite clear that what we have been told does not make sense at all. When it is all laid out like this, no reasonable person could believe a word of it. Poor Bob. Poor Fontelle.

Whoops I see my quick math two posts above was inaccurate. There were actually 23 days including the two travel days, leaving 21 full non travel days for Bob to prepare his home in anticipation of his new brides arrival. Not that a single day makes a whole lot of difference- but for accuracy purposes from the time Fontelle left CA to the time she returned.....

Still...... a last minute heated family meeting - at Bobs home, last minute home repairs started but not completed. SiL JeM's lack of concern for his wifes safety returning to the home Bob disappeared from less than 24 hours previously. Knowledge of daughter JuM going dth to help remove her moms belongings from the home more than a week previously. The only receipt we know of from Home Depot to purchase items for said repairs time stamped 5 hours after SIL JeM's said time of arrival the morning of the 27th.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know of any handyman needing 5 hours to look at what needs to be repaired prior to heading off to purchase supplies. Especially when said handyman was in the home less than 24 hours earlier.

Speaking of periods of time, let's not forget that Bob broke off contact with his daughters for six months shortly before he met Fontelle. One can only imagine what sorts of frustrations might lead to such a decision for a widowed octogenarian.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03

Here's hoping that, in some way, today's hearing brings us one step closer to justice for Bob, Fontelle, and anyone who stands up for him.

You know we will get the public docs of the hearing up as soon as we can once it is over....at a minimum we should see a trial date agreed on and posted.

You know we will get the public docs of the hearing up as soon as we can once it is over....at a minimum we should see a trial date agreed on and posted.

I can hardly stand the wait!

I know you will. You guys are great! Anxiously awaiting any news.........

Whoops I see my quick math two posts above was inaccurate. There were actually 23 days including the two travel days, leaving 21 full non travel days for Bob to prepare his home in anticipation of his new brides arrival. Not that a single day makes a whole lot of difference- but for accuracy purposes from the time Fontelle left CA to the time she returned.....

Still...... a last minute heated family meeting - at Bobs home, last minute home repairs started but not completed. SiL JeM's lack of concern for his wifes safety returning to the home Bob disappeared from less than 24 hours previously. Knowledge of daughter JuM going dth to help remove her moms belongings from the home more than a week previously. The only receipt we know of from Home Depot to purchase items for said repairs time stamped 5 hours after SIL JeM's said time of arrival the morning of the 27th.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know of any handyman needing 5 hours to look at what needs to be repaired prior to heading off to purchase supplies. Especially when said handyman was in the home less than 24 hours earlier.

Agree. I also find it very telling that the daughters will not say what the home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects were. If helpful son-in-law was not involved, why not say what they were, after everything else they've posted?

Also, Bob seemed like the kind of guy to keep a list of things needing to be done (ref notes written by Bob found around the house indicating Bob intended to put Fontelle's name on various accounts per OC Register article). I'd like to know whether there was a list found that Bob had written of home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects that he needed done, that helpful son-in-law was working off of.

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles...RecommendedOnly=1&oncommentsPage=7#slComments

Case # 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC
HARROD - TRUST

The mandatory settlement conference is scheduled for 09/09/2011 at 08:30 am in department l72.

The (p) court trial is scheduled for 10/03/2011 at 09:00 am in department l72.05/02/2011the (p)

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/Home.do

Agree. I also find it very telling that the daughters will not say what the home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects were. If helpful son-in-law was not involved, why not say what they were, after everything else they've posted?

Also, Bob seemed like the kind of guy to keep a list of things needing to be done (ref notes written by Bob found around the house indicating Bob intended to put Fontelle's name on various accounts per OC Register article). I'd like to know whether there was a list found that Bob had written of home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects that he needed done, that helpful son-in-law was working off of.

http://www2.ocregister.com/articles...RecommendedOnly=1&oncommentsPage=7#slComments

Perhaps they won't say what the home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects were because no evidence exists those repairs were necessary prior to the day Bob disappeared.

Perhaps they won't say what the home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects were because no evidence exists those repairs were necessary prior to the day Bob disappeared.

Agree! The housekeeper, who was at the house on a regular basis, would be able to say what, if any, repairs were needed at the house.

I cant stand to see Bob's thread go to page two...praying for something to break in this case!

May 2nd court date results??

I thought something would be online or posted here by now.

Just anxious, I guess.

Let's say I'm late to this case and I'm wondering: "Hey JeffM, husband of JM, since you were last to see Bob Harrod alive -- can you help us with his sudden and seemingly permanent disappearance?" I keep scouring the internet and Lexis-Nexus, but gosh, I never hear anything from you. (Of course, all of this is IMO. But JeffM, JulieM -- have you nothing to say?)

I want to add this:

I'm mainly trying to reach out to two of Bob and Georgia's daughters here --- let's say one is called P and one is called R.

Look, I'm not trying to be coy here, and I'm also unconvinced that this is an appropriate course of action.

Just the same, I have to throw this out there: only one of you can 'win'.

I know you are thinking: 'Montjoy is an a-hole -- we can all win."

Perhaps. But Montjoy also would beg of you: get independent legal counsel. That means counsel independent of Montjoy, independent of your sisters or their representation.

Looking back over what I have written I must concede that it is cryptic. So let me be blunt: PB, RB -- seek independent legal counsel. Tell them what you know and believe.

I hate to put it in such black-and-white terms, but the bottom line is that you have one life to live.

Let me repeat that -- you have one life to live. You have a tiny window in that life to tell the truth or be damned for what comes out. You know that nobody will give up on Bob's murder, so the opportunity is yours to seize or ignore. The ball is in your court.

Let's say I'm late to this case and I'm wondering: "Hey JeffM, husband of JM, since you were last to see Bob Harrod alive -- can you help us with his sudden and seemingly permanent disappearance?" I keep scouring the internet and Lexis-Nexus, but gosh, I never hear anything from you. (Of course, all of this is IMO. But JeffM, JulieM -- have you nothing to say?)

The guy who is playing or has gotten his wife and sister in-laws to play the shell game would likely only talk if he is charged, and even then he'd probably plead the 5th. Since he couldn't get the timeline straight, the repairs straight or at what times and how many trips he made to the hardware store, I'm afraid hearing from him prior to any possible trial is wishful thinking.

Though I'll bet JeM's blood pressure might be a bit high awaiting forensics to come back.

JMO of course.

I want to add this:

I'm mainly trying to reach out to two of Bob and Georgia's daughters here --- let's say one is called P and one is called R.

Look, I'm not trying to be coy here, and I'm also unconvinced that this is an appropriate course of action.

Just the same, I have to throw this out there: only one of you can 'win'.

I know you are thinking: 'Montjoy is an a-hole -- we can all win."

Perhaps. But Montjoy also would beg of you: get independent legal counsel. That means counsel independent of Montjoy, independent of your sisters or their representation.

Looking back over what I have written I must concede that it is cryptic. So let me be blunt: PB, RB -- seek independent legal counsel. Tell them what you know and believe.

I hate to put it in such black-and-white terms, but the bottom line is that you have one life to live.

Let me repeat that -- you have one life to live. You have a tiny window in that life to tell the truth or be damned for what comes out. You know that nobody will give up on Bob's murder, so the opportunity is yours to seize or ignore. The ball is in your court.

BBM. JMO but they all think they've already won. They've already snubbed LE and Bob, they are laughing all the way to the bank - literally. I don't think they give a damn what comes out- as long as it is not out of their pocket. In fact I am certain they don't and I am certain should anyone be charged we'd see a repeat of what we've seen from Cindy and George Anthony.

JMO

On Sunday, July 26, 2009 Mr. Harrod tells his daughters and SIL he intends to add his new wife Fontelle to his accounts. Things got heated. The next day SIL shows up at Mr. Harrod's house to do, what SIL claims were, "home repairs" and Mr. Harrod vanishes.

IMO, this case is not a who-done-it. I believe it is just a matter of the PPD being able to build a case that will stand up in court.

I would like to hear from people that knew/know JuM and JeM. I would like to know more about them as individuals and as a couple.

Not only is this not a case of who done it, imo, we've got the wagons circling as believe described with a PI who was hired under the guise of looking for Bob when externally it appears he hasn't done squat for Bobs case. But instead has been hired to build a defense in the event JeM is charged. Especially since the daughters have paid him to dig dirt on a person already ruled out by LE.

It would be interesting to see what the PI might have to say under oath. I can't help but wonder if his testimony might build a case for a few to be charged with (minimally) obstruction of justice. Because I know this guy is not going to risk his license to do the girls and SIL's dirty work.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member