VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably didn't want to come across as "EVASIVE." Even though he still did. Just not as much.

All about public opinion. If he admits to all the current charges, he hopes people will be enamored of his integrity and believe all his lies. He didn't count on the raw tapes being released, probably, with all the chit-chatty bits. Even so, he does have a lot of supporters.

I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine coping with the loss of my daughter and trying to keep my other children protected from all the crazies parked in front of their house.

Yeah, you know, I hadn't actually watched the "mom screams at journalists" video yet, and now that I have, it seems really gratuitous.

Not that she shouldn't have used the time to encourage people to look for AJ, etc....that would have been smart, and it seems that most of us think it's how we'd have reacted.

I just think about all the things going on in that house that no one wanted to have made public, involving a marital separation, drug use and/or sales...whatever other weirdness there was/is. Not that losing a daughter isn't bad enough, but she seems to have had a lot of other reasons to want to be left alone.

I'm not defending JH, but I'm saying that the station's decision to air the report seems to have been either really unwise, really petty, or designed to support a narrative of "dad good / mom bad."

Tacky.

Well I would definitely stand up for Mel. He's not going in the lion den alone though. If you know Mel, you know Christina :) she's going too and the rest of his family and his friends (which he has a lot of) everyone who knows the situation knows what happened. I'm sure the last thing JH wants to do is step to Mel at the funeral.

Mel has always avoided scenes and altercations so I'm sure in the process of grieving at the funeral he's going to be doing everything in his power for any scene not to occur at his daughters funeral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless your family and keep them safe. It's abundantly clear to all of us how far AJ's spirit reaches. She was blessed with a family tree full of many branches of loved ones, a field of loyal friends, a garden of fond acquaintances and now includes a sea of caring strangers who have all grown to love her dearly. We may all be from different places within AJ's heart or different places on the map but we have all grown to love her for who and what she represent for each of us who have made a connection to her spirit.

May the mourning and grief transition to peace in your hearts and prepare us all to honor her with justice as we move forward!

Yeah, you know, I hadn't actually watched the "mom screams at journalists" video yet, and now that I have, it seems really gratuitous.

Not that she shouldn't have used the time to encourage people to look for AJ, etc....that would have been smart, and it seems that most of us think it's how we'd have reacted.

I just think about all the things going on in that house that no one wanted to have made public, involving a marital separation, drug use and/or sales...whatever other weirdness there was/is. Not that losing a daughter isn't bad enough, but she seems to have had a lot of other reasons to want to be left alone.

I'm not defending JH, but I'm saying that the station's decision to air the report seems to have been either really unwise, really petty, or designed to support a narrative of "dad good / mom bad."

Tacky.

Plus, the Hadsells had already granted Joe Fisher his "inner circle" access and that would have ticked off the other media outlets. There is tremendous competition in media for inside information, tips, exclusive "scoop." JH's meltdown played right into their hands, and she didn't make it any easier on herself by calling the cops on them. I thought the story was a bit tacky myself, but I understood the motivation behind it.

From this point forward, you'll notice that Joe Fisher won't get any coveted inside information from LE. In the beginning, JF was getting lots of exclusives from the family and it served him well. But that very relationship with the family is what will keep him out of the loop when it comes to getting scoop from LE. He will go from "first to know" to "last to know." We saw that very clearly the day they found AJ.

I just want to thank the moderators for deleting some of my posts. While I'm angry at the whole situation and po'd because of things that happened during her whole life; I shouldn't be posting things that will make my husbands visit to Norfolk difficult. I will control my anger in all of this and just concentrate on my husband being able to say goodbye to his daughter with dignity and respect

An excerpt from the 30 minute jail interview with Joe Fisher on March 21:

JF: Did you break into a house?
WH: They say I did
JF: Did you break into a house?
WH: It's...questionable, where that information came from. Know what I'm saying?
JF: I'm asking you. Did you, yourself...
WH: Are you putting this on the air?
JF: This is for the air (nodding)
WH: Okay.
JF: Did you break into a house that you believed was involved in your search?
WH: Yes, I did
JF: Did you plant evidence in the house?
WH: No sir, I didn't

I'm sure most people have heard this interview, I thought this back-and-forth was a good example of how WH responds to a question he doesn't really want to answer. I suppose he could have said "I'm not going to talk about that" but he did end up answering. Just thought it was interesting to see the technique/ maneuvering in the answers. WH also knows he was in the house "18, 19 minutes"

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/video-jailhouse-interview-with-wesley-hadsell/

How bizarre is it that he won't commit to having broken into the house until after he learns that the interview will be aired? What on earth is that about?

*whoops... looks like this has been brought up already? My bad!*

What was that he said in one of the interviews?

'Integrity: It's not just for people with Integrity anymore.'

.... or something like that. :)

I just want to thank the moderators for deleting some of my posts. While I'm angry at the whole situation and po'd because of things that happened during her whole life; I shouldn't be posting things that will make my husbands visit to Norfolk difficult. I will control my anger in all of this and just concentrate on my husband being able to say goodbye to his daughter with dignity and respect

Our Mods really are here help, Brenchen. :)

Mel just made it to Emporia. 79 more miles to Norfolk. Please keep him in your prayers for this weekend and his trip home.

The Marissa Jasek interview is on WTKR right now. They are discussing the way WH referred to AJ in the past tense. The link should be online soon.

So here's where I'm wondering what WS-ers who attend the funeral will be able to say about it on here without violating the TOS.

I must admit to being tempted--I'm not local but not terribly far--but serious self-examination suggests that I have more curiosity than is prudent. You know what I mean? I feel like I'd be a looky-lou, as much as I do care about AJ and some of her survivors.

I bet that this is an issue for a lot of us: the line between compassion, prudence, etc., and very real intellectual curiosity and love of a good story. I don't know whether there's a thread where people talk about these matters, but I'd like to see one, with questions like "Is it right to attend the funeral of someone you never met?"

All about public opinion. If he admits to all the current charges, he hopes people will be enamored of his integrity and believe all his lies. He didn't count on the raw tapes being released, probably, with all the chit-chatty bits. Even so, he does have a lot of supporters.

Agreed!!!

saw the report wtkr just ran at 5. really hope they have more evidence than WH pattern of using words in the 'past tense' when regarding AJ.

Tell him not to speed through Emporia. The police have nothing better to do then write tickets.
Prayers to you and your family.

Mel just made it to Emporia. 79 more miles to Norfolk. Please keep him in your prayers for this weekend and his trip home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members