ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wesh.com/r/29873399/detail.html

I'm sorry, but I don't think ZFG had a good reputation to ruin. This is probably going nowhere.

I don't think ZG's past is exactly a good measure compared to what KC has done to her. Most people have some type of a past that would not preclude them from filing this type of suit. People do stupid things and get caught and never do it again. ZG has children who were innocently involved in the results of KC's lies. If nothing else and Caylee "just drowned" without any involvement of her mother you would think KC would have come forward with an apology because of the fact ZG's children suffered from her lie. Again we see how shallow the defendant really is. It is ZG's reputation, her perception of her reputation, that has been damaged not what you and I think.

We all make mistakes and learn by them and sometimes we receive punishment and move on. It is the reputation we acquire after moving on that is important. ZG appears to be a hardworking mother trying to do the best for her family. It may not be up to what some of us have set our standards but they are ZG's and hers alone and she has the right to request the court for KC to accept the responsibility for the damage that was done. jmo

I feel like this is Kronk all over again. So she's not a saint or Mother Theresa, so she doesn't deserve to sue a murderer, liar, and thief? Why are the standards set so high for anyone against Casey? Good Lord. Her past doesn't matter against the likes of Casey Anthony. Anyone looks better than her, especially if her lies affected that person's life! There is nothing good or redeemable about Casey. Why people continue to insinuate that only the holiest and purest among us have the right to sue Casey is beyond me. Casey's lies have no discrimination against color, race, culture, nationality, background, personality, looks, etc. She will use and destroy anyone to get what she wants. Anyone who is a victim of Casey has the right to stand up to Casey. All IMO.

I feel like this is Kronk all over again. So she's not a saint or Mother Theresa, so she doesn't deserve to sue a murderer, liar, and thief? Why are the standards set so high for anyone against Casey? Good Lord. Her past doesn't matter against the likes of Casey Anthony. Anyone looks better than her, especially if her lies affected that person's life! There is nothing good or redeemable about Casey. Why people continue to insinuate that only the holiest and purest among us have the right to sue Casey is beyond me. Casey's lies have no discrimination against color, race, culture, nationality, background, personality, looks, etc. she will use and destroy anyone to get what she wants. Anyone who is a victim of Casey has the right to stand up to Casey. All IMO.

Could it be in her new DT's mind they think they will "scare" ZG into backing out because they found some not so "dirty" dirt but it is all they have to go with???? lol jmo

Could it be in her new DT's mind they think they will "scare" ZG into backing out because they found some not so "dirty" dirt but it is all they have to go with???? lol jmo

If so, I think it just backfired. Everyone knows the "dirt" now, so ZG probably has very little to lose.

I still can't believe CA was so mean to her in the depositions. "You're cute, but you're not a 10." If I found out my child was a pathological liar and had damaged someone's reputation I would be apologizing all over myself for any damage I had inadvertently done. But, that's just me.

http://www.wesh.com/r/29873399/detail.html

I'm sorry, but I don't think ZFG had a good reputation to ruin. This is probably going nowhere.

I predict that Z?G will win, basically by default because Casey has no choice but to plead the 5th.

Nothing in the article comes as a surprise to me but I am confused about this:

"Gonzalez said she left her job last summer and home where she'd been staying voluntarily because people harassed her and not because she was kicked out."

How can Z?G state that she voluntarily left her home as a result of Casey's lies when she was living in a motel before the name ZFG came out of Casey's mouth?

She voluntarily quit her job? Was that also before Caylee's disappearance was reported?

Quote from the news thread:

News 13 aired footage of Gonzalez explaining that she left a cleaning job because she didn’t want to cause problems. “I didn’t say I was fired,” she said.

Let's hope that this is the end of the "it's only a rumor" theory

We have to understand that although WE as WSer's had access to the discovery documents, KC's statement, etc. the general public did not. They relied on what they heard on the news. The fact remains that what the public heard on all the media talks shows was the video of KC telling her mother that she was not shown a picture of that woman from Kississmee. ZG's case involves a snap shot in time. While KC is claiming she has not ruled this ZG out she is basically doing her ZG damage so the fact that KC claimed it was ZFG is a mute subject. I seriously doubt all those people who threatened ZG heard only heard the ZG and not the ZFG. KC's statement and the fact that this ZG was at Sawgrass Apartments and had a NY State license plate on her car was enough to make some believe she was the nanny. Not everyone was great about keeping up on the details they just reacted. Bottom line is KC provided just enough information about this ZG to make some people believe her. Like it or not the only one responsible for the problems ZG encountered was KC because she lied. KC's lie lead to an innocent person being questioned and hounded by the media. jmo

BBM

The rumor is not that she quit her job, the rumor is that she had a new job lined up but the job offer was rescinded. Morgan said she was between jobs when Caylee disappeared. So which is it? Did she voluntarily leave her job or was she already not working? Seems pretty fishy to me.

Okay, I'm stepping out of this conversation because it is getting really boring. It reminds me of the "there is no evidence of OCA's guilt" "there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence" conversations that went round and round.

We have known the facts about Z Framed G, and now once again, we are watching an attempt to "Kronk" a witness. Not my cup of tea thanks.

Greene if he has a brain in his head will wash his mouth out with soap and make a settlement before this ever gets to trail.

Cases lately have really opened my eyes to the really disgusting levels at which Defense attorneys now operate as a norm. I find it really shocking. I used to think they fought "the good fight", but no more. If you are a sneaky liar - there's a good career for you in defense law.

PS I mean no offense to our WS defense lawyers - I am speaking of those we see in the press.

I predict that Z?G will win, basically by default because Casey has no choice but to plead the 5th.

"Gonzalez said she left her job last summer and home where she'd been staying voluntarily because people harassed her and not because she was kicked out."

How can Z?G state that she voluntarily left her home as a result of Casey's lies when she was living in a motel before the name ZFG came out of Casey's mouth?

She voluntarily quit her job? Was that also before Caylee's disappearance was reported?

Casey has always had choices, I'm not sure why you believe she has none. She has the option to tell the truth, strange as that may seem because she hasn't ever chosen wisely. Since we've seen the exact same from Cindy we can chalk it up to maternal influence, genetics or both.

Okay, I'm stepping out of this conversation because it is getting really boring. It reminds me of the "there is no evidence of OCA's guilt" "there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence" conversations that went round and round.

We have known the facts about Z Framed G, and now once again, we are watching an attempt to "Kronk" a witness. Not my cup of tea thanks.

Greene if he has a brain in his head will wash his mouth out with soap and make a settlement before this ever gets to trail.

Cases lately have really opened my eyes to the really disgusting levels at which Defense attorneys now operate as a norm. I find it really shocking. I used to think they fought "the good fight", but no more. If you are a sneaky liar - there's a good career for you in defense law.

PS I mean no offense to our WS defense lawyers - I am speaking of those we see in the press.

:clap::clap::clap:

idk but sorry, this thread is getting ready to go off the edge -

Oh my, believe this thread - it has gone off the edge with :slapfight: :bigfight: ! I need to - :chillout: and think I'll go downstairs to chat and :sweep: and put on my :santahat: and look for :santa: to put up our :xmastree: and place :eek:rnament: in memory of Caylee. .

Oh my, believe this thread - it has gone off the edge with :slapfight: :bigfight: ! I need to - :chillout: and think I'll go downstairs to chat and :sweep: and put on my :santahat: and look for :santa: to put up our :xmastree: and place :eek:rnament: in memory of Caylee. .

I see no fighting, I just see a civil discussion among people with different opinions.

Hmmm. Is anyone willing to consider the possibility that the truth lies between these two extremes? Perhaps ZG had no real job or home or reputation to lose--but did lose her ability to use her name like a normal person. Perhaps this was Casey's fault for carelessly tossing out "real" details with no thought that LE would actually check them out (Z not-F G at Sawgrass, Jeffrey not-Michael Hopkins, secret black hole office at Universal, etc.)--but also ZG's fault for running to the media and showing her face to the world.

Perhaps we should not jump down people's throats for saying things like ZG shares essentially zero qualities in common with the fictitious ZFG or ZG was not "investigated" by LE. Casey did not, despite internet rumors, describe ZG's car, give her kids' names, or describe her tattoo. (As far as the New York license plates, I can't recall seeing that Casey said ZFG had New York plates, and I'm not sure that ZG had New York plates anyway.) Casey clearly knew nothing about this woman except (if it wasn't a coincidence) that she had been to Sawgrass. And the LE reports say nothing about investigating her, just that they called her on Day One, then visited her 2 hours later and had her write out an affidavit confirming she didn't know Casey or Caylee. See p. 15: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/01.pdf.

Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?

OK, I will repeat myself. Is it fair that when you google a Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, you get ZG’s picture, complete with the accusations made by CASEY ANTHONY? Have a look. Some articles predate her lawsuit. She will be forever associated with Caylee's demise through no fault of her own. This will never go away for ZG.

OK, I will repeat myself. Is it fair that when you google a Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, you get ZG’s picture, complete with the accusations made by CASEY ANTHONY? Have a look. Some articles predate her lawsuit. She will be forever associated with Caylee's demise through no fault of her own. This will never go away for ZG.

I just googled it and did come up with many pictures of Z?G - all from her various media appearances and deposition.

She says her relatives called her and asked if she kidnapped Caylee. That floors me. Do they really believe she's capable of such a thing?

I just googled it and did come up with many pictures of Z?G - all from her various media appearances and deposition.

She says her relatives called her and asked if she kidnapped Caylee. That floors me. Do they really believe she's capable of such a thing?

Regardless of where the photo's came from, several articles talk about KC's accusations against a ZFG, and the picture accompanying the article is of ZG. The link between the name KC gave to the kidnapper and the face of Ms. ZG are forever together out there inc cyberspace. Again if you look at the articles, several predate the her lawsuit so please don't try to blame that on her too.

Hmmm. Is anyone willing to consider the possibility that the truth lies between these two extremes? Perhaps ZG had no real job or home or reputation to lose--but did lose her ability to use her name like a normal person. Perhaps this was Casey's fault for carelessly tossing out "real" details with no thought that LE would actually check them out (Z not-F G at Sawgrass, Jeffrey not-Michael Hopkins, secret black hole office at Universal, etc.)--but also ZG's fault for running to the media and showing her face to the world.

Perhaps we should not jump down people's throats for saying things like ZG shares essentially zero qualities in common with the fictitious ZFG or ZG was not "investigated" by LE. Casey did not, despite internet rumors, describe ZG's car, give her kids' names, or describe her tattoo. (As far as the New York license plates, I can't recall seeing that Casey said ZFG had New York plates, and I'm not sure that ZG had New York plates anyway.) Casey clearly knew nothing about this woman except (if it wasn't a coincidence) that she had been to Sawgrass. And the LE reports say nothing about investigating her, just that they called her on Day One, then visited her 2 hours later and had her write out an affidavit confirming she didn't know Casey or Caylee. See p. 15: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/01.pdf.

Perhaps Casey is a lying evil witch who would not have CARED if she had ruined ZG's life, but ZG's life was nevertheless (1) not ruined and (2) damaged to some extent by ZG's own actions. Why can't both of these things be true?

Thank you for this excellent post. I am more than willing to consider that ZG did suffer some harm as a result of Casey's actions but, IMO, ZG has forfeited any right to compensation for that by exaggerating and outright lying about things like being fired from her job or losing her apartment as a result of those actions. I would assume also that, like so many others involved in this case, ZG has profited from her media interviews. ZG has alleged that she was not able to provide for her children due to the loss of her job, but now we learn that she was on welfare the entire time. So where did that money, intended to provide for her children, go?

I refuse to set aside my own knowledge and observations in order to label ZG as a saint simply because she's against Casey. There is no doubt that Casey is pure evil but that doesn't make ZG, or Padilla, or anyone else who is anti-Casey all good. This case has brought out a huge assortment of con-men/women, ZG among them, IMO.

Regardless of where the photo's came from, several articles talk about KC's accusations against a ZFG, and the picture accompanying the article is of ZG. The link between the name KC gave to the kidnapper and the face of Ms. ZG are forever together out there inc cyberspace. Again if you look at the articles, several predate the her lawsuit so please don't try to blame that on her too.

ZG put her own face in the media and was likely paid to do so. She even underwent a total makeover when she didn't come off looking angelic enough in the first interviews. She can hardly complain about her face being associated with the name ZFG when she did it to herself.

ZG put her own face in the media and was likely paid to do so. She even underwent a total makeover when she didn't come off looking angelic enough in the first interviews. She can hardly complain about her face being associated with the name ZFG when she did it to herself.

so you don't think the media would have gotten a picture of ZG via the sawgrass card information? Really?

so you don't think the media would have gotten a picture of ZG via the sawgrass card information? Really?

There was no picture of ZG on the sawgrass card, it was just a piece of paper the manager filled out.

I feel that if Z?G had not presented herself to the media as THE ZFG, even pretending to have the F in her name, and had not falsely told the media that Casey knew the names of her children and what kind of car she drove, we'd have never seen or heard of her again. It's like she ran through town waving her arms in the air screaming "look at me, look at me" and then crying because people were looking at her. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Thank you for this excellent post. I am more than willing to consider that ZG did suffer some harm as a result of Casey's actions but, IMO, ZG has forfeited any right to compensation for that by exaggerating and outright lying about things like being fired from her job or losing her apartment as a result of those actions. I would assume also that, like so many others involved in this case, ZG has profited from her media interviews. ZG has alleged that she was not able to provide for her children due to the loss of her job, but now we learn that she was on welfare the entire time. So where did that money, intended to provide for her children, go?

I refuse to set aside my own knowledge and observations in order to label ZG as a saint simply because she's against Casey. There is no doubt that Casey is pure evil but that doesn't make ZG, or Padilla, or anyone else who is anti-Casey all good. This case has brought out a huge assortment of con-men/women, ZG among them, IMO.

BBM

Boy! Ain't that the truth! It is shameful all of the people who decided that this horrific tragedy of a missing/murdered/drowned child was their meal ticket or road to success/fame. So many people who involved themselves seemingly with their main goal to be to advance their own selves. There is simply no way to describe this case, from start to now, without using the word "cluster" in it. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member