***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silenced by whom? and for what reason?

The family? I have no idea why. It was their decision to not do the radio show. Maybe they know something that has not been made public?

How is the family doing?

I talked with a mutual friend today....(my son's friend and also Charlie and Mickey's friend). He said he spoke with Charlie late last week and she is strong and determined. She cries, I'm sure they all do. But he said you can just see her reach down inside of herself to find some hope. This family has really circled their wagons and come together to share their strength and work for Mickey's return.

A FB post showed a picture of a tattoo that someone had gotten on his arm; it is a filled in Mickey-on-her-bike shape, and Nancy said she is going to get that tattoo as soon as Mickey comes home. I don't think they are entertaining any other possibility, at least not publically.

There is going to be a concert and ATV ride fundraiser for Mickey in Breaux Bridge toward the end of July. I truly hope she is found before then.

this place along the mississippi river right after the mississippi river bridge on the campus side of the river has always spooked me. it's perfect for dumping because it's abandoned. i see homeless people in there, well i guess that's what i'm seeing. hard to say while on the bridge. it's like a cement parking garage type structure right over the river.

http://goo.gl/maps/ysgA

he was obviously silenced. within a period of about 2 weeks everyone seemed to go silent. within this time frame the family asked ACI to step down and they then declined to do the radio interview.

Just for the sake of discussion. What would be the reason for asking the PI to step down and total silence by LE and Family PI?

LOL! Love the photochoppers!

They will have that pad so enlarged we will be able to see the bleedthrough from a dotted 'i' three pages down...if we look closely enough of course!

Just for the sake of discussion. What would be the reason for asking the PI to step down and total silence by LE and Family PI?

They have a pretty good idea of what happened with the evidence to support it. They've got a suspect and is waiting to move in on him/her/them.

Do they fish here?

http://www.trafficland.com/city/LFT/camera/7473/

I-10 @ Ramah
live.jpg

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...

Some do and some don't. Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy come to mind.

This is a very interesting article on serial killer myths. Read through the whole article:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/profiling/s_k_myths/index.html

A couple of things that stood out:

Outside of dumb luck, the number one way serial killers are caught is through the help of the public.

The typical scenario in a serial homicide investigation follows a well trodden path. First, the police try not to let the public know there is a serial killer out there. If they get lucky, there will be only a small paragraph in the local paper and within a short time, everyone will forget about the murder. Then, hopefully the killer will move to another jurisdiction. If he doesnt stop killing in your jurisdiction, just keep denying that the string of murders in your community are linked. Before DNA actually linked the death of five women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 2002 the police steadfastly told the community there was no serial killer on the loose. This was rather hard to believe considering how many women were dead. The words of victim Pam Kinamores brother-in-law, Ed White, sum it up rather well. The truth is I dont care how many of these cases have been linked by DNA evidence. The truth is either we have one serial killer in Baton Rouge or we have a lot of killers in Baton Rouge, and either way weve got a serious problem here.

i'm not sure, but i can tell you that when you exit there is a little gas station shack like place that has a really old gas pump and they sell live bait inside the station. along with fried chicken and eggrolls. lol!

anyway, i'm assuming that since they have the bait, fisherman must drop by

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for that :) Glad to see the passion is still here, frustrated/sad/angry that there is NOTHING new! This case was so wide open and now it's starting to feel rather cold...I'm hoping silence is golden in this case, but it never seems to go that way, does it :-/

I don't understand the ACI or cancelling the radio show---this family is so involved and I doubt (IMO) that they would cancel "Just because" ?!?!

People def. have their own issues on here, I took away my questions b/c certain people like to twist thoughts. BRING MICKEY HOME!

JMO, IMO, MOO

Some do and some don't. Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy come to mind.

This is a very interesting article on serial killer myths. Read through the whole article:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/profiling/s_k_myths/index.html

A couple of things that stood out:

Outside of dumb luck, the number one way serial killers are caught is through the help of the public.

The typical scenario in a serial homicide investigation follows a well trodden path. First, the police try not to let the public know there is a serial killer out there. If they get lucky, there will be only a small paragraph in the local paper and within a short time, everyone will forget about the murder. Then, hopefully the killer will move to another jurisdiction. If he doesnt stop killing in your jurisdiction, just keep denying that the string of murders in your community are linked. Before DNA actually linked the death of five women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 2002 the police steadfastly told the community there was no serial killer on the loose. This was rather hard to believe considering how many women were dead. The words of victim Pam Kinamores brother-in-law, Ed White, sum it up rather well. The truth is I dont care how many of these cases have been linked by DNA evidence. The truth is either we have one serial killer in Baton Rouge or we have a lot of killers in Baton Rouge, and either way weve got a serious problem here.

BBM

Well said Ed White! There ALOT of missing and murdered young ladies out there with no one being held responsible for taking or murdering them. :(

LE would not be able to cover up the finding of her body, nor would they. There would have been crime lab vans, taped off areas, etc...not to mention that some people are likely still searching on their own and that is always dangerous, LE would not want to be liable.

It is my feeling that the family did not see any benefit in coming on the radio show; they had probably only heard rumors or gossip about the previous show, when a PI they did not hire was talking about the case, and then Mickey's mom came on here a few times and probably read some theories she did not feel like discussing. What, really, do they have to gain by coming on WS radio? The audience for WS already is aware of Mickey and cares about her. And if the Shunick family DOES have any info they need to protect, they can't talk about it anyway.

We may be familiar with WS as a respectable, monitored forum, but they have no real reason to be as aware of its reputation, etc...I don't really blame they for choosing to stay away. They have repeatedly asked that anyone with info contact LE or their PI.

JMO

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for that :) Glad to see the passion is still here, frustrated/sad/angry that there is NOTHING new! This case was so wide open and now it's starting to feel rather cold...I'm hoping silence is golden in this case, but it never seems to go that way, does it :-/

I don't understand the ACI or cancelling the radio show---this family is so involved and I doubt (IMO) that they would cancel "Just because" ?!?!

Just for something new (i don't know a whole lot about LE or media procedures): Is it possible that they did find MS (deceased) and are awaiting confirmation that it's her?! Would LE be able to cover-up something that big (just for the meantime of course) if she were found in an abandoned building, etc.?! Just wondering if this would be legal for them to do and if you think they could do it w/o media and the public knowing?

BBM

Not if Charlie is still trying to drum up hope. It wouldn't take them THIS long to figure out it's her. dental records are fast and they've been quiet for a pretty long time now

LE would not be able to cover up the finding of her body, nor would they. There would have been crime lab vans, taped off areas, etc...not to mention that some people are likely still searching on their own and that is always dangerous, LE would not want to be liable.

It is my feeling that the family did not see any benefit in coming on the radio show; they had probably only heard rumors or gossip about the previous show, when a PI they did not hire was talking about the case, and then Mickey's mom came on here a few times and probably read some theories she did not feel like discussing. What, really, do they have to gain by coming on WS radio? The audience for WS already is aware of Mickey and cares about her. And if the Shunick family DOES have any info they need to protect, they can't talk about it anyway.

We may be familiar with WS as a respectable, monitored forum, but they have no real reason to be as aware of its reputation, etc...I don't really blame they for choosing to stay away. They have repeatedly asked that anyone with info contact LE or their PI.

JMO

nevermind

Mr. TT, i think that exit is also called Maringouin in addition to Ramah - not sure if that's helpful to you or not

Also, Mr. TT, there is a boat landing and a hiking trail. It's pretty remote out there. Not much civilization. i believe that this is the exit that is taken off I-10 to get to New Roads where False River is.

I am wondering if the white truck could be a repo truck? The type that looks like a regular pickup. I realize that they are usually black so probably not. Trying to figure out this truck still. Ugh.

i'm not sure, but i can tell you that when you exit there is a little gas station shack like place that has a really old gas pump and they sell live bait inside the station. along with fried chicken and eggrolls. lol!

anyway, i'm assuming that since they have the bait, fisherman must drop by

Also, Mr. TT, there is a boat landing and a hiking trail. It's pretty remote out there. Not much civilization. i believe that this is the exit that is taken off I-10 to get to New Roads where False River is.

Hubby says that there is some fishing around there---really almost everything off of the Atchafalaya Basin thruway is wet lands or swamp, or land surrounded by wet lands and swamp.

I've tried to find out for you, Mr. TT, if any searches were conducted in that area, and I have never received a definitive answer. '

Just as an aside: One of the riding scenes from Easy Rider was filmed near there, or so says my hubby. Between Morganza and Ramah, about a 30 mile distance.

Can you tell me why you are interested in that particular exit? I've been wondering for so long!

I am wondering if the white truck could be a repo truck? The type that looks like a regular pickup. I realize that they are usually black so probably not. Trying to figure out this truck still. Ugh.

I bet 90% of the trucks down here are white. It is so hot, people tend to buy white to reflect some heat away from the vehicle. I know of one company near me that uses red trucks for its fleet, and one that uses dark green. The rest are white.

It "could" be a repo, but you wouldn't believe how many people down here drive around in those trucks. The oilfield service workers are usually on call 24 hours a day for two or three weeks a month, and often work off shore for weeks at a time, separated from their families, so they are well compensated financially. I know of a nineteen year old who just bought one, his payments are in the 900 dollar range, and he won't have trouble meeting those payments because his salary and bonuses are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail