***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not getting into that

jujube, I remember reading long ago that police found a body in the Green River case, and they did not announce it. Instead, they set up surveillance, hoping the perp would come back to the scene.

I didn't quote your whole post, I know you didn't want that! But I wanted you to know that I have heard of what you are saying.

I don't think it is SOP, but it is a tactic that is sometimes used by LE.

jujube, I remember reading long ago that police found a body in the Green River case, and they did not announce it. Instead, they set up surveillance, hoping the perp would come back to the scene.

I didn't quote your whole post, I know you didn't want that! But I wanted you to know that I have heard of what you are saying.

I don't think it is SOP, but it is a tactic that is sometimes used by LE.

I believe in that case they were not searching for a missing person...but rather stumbled across another victim they were not even aware of. I have never heard of a case when LE hid the fact of an officially missing person being found deceased.

The typical scenario in a serial homicide investigation follows a well trodden path. First, the police try not to let the public know there is a serial killer out there. If they get lucky, there will be only a small paragraph in the local paper and within a short time, everyone will forget about the murder. Then, hopefully the killer will move to another jurisdiction. If he doesnt stop killing in your jurisdiction, just keep denying that the string of murders in your community are linked. Before DNA actually linked the death of five women in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 2002 the police steadfastly told the community there was no serial killer on the loose. This was rather hard to believe considering how many women were dead. The words of victim Pam Kinamores brother-in-law, Ed White, sum it up rather well. The truth is I dont care how many of these cases have been linked by DNA evidence. The truth is either we have one serial killer in Baton Rouge or we have a lot of killers in Baton Rouge, and either way weve got a serious problem here.[/I]

snipped to save space:)

Great post! The first thing I thought of though---we don't have dna from victims b/c they cannot be found :( All these girls may be linked and I think there is a HIGH possibility that this is a serial perp (we have nothing telling us otherwise except LE and if they were told by the FBI to hush-up so they don't ruin the case, I'm sure they would)......so until they find all these girls, we def. have to try and make connections IMO

Yes Cajun Girl, I think we are all frustrated & discouraged. To my knowledge all we have is a VOI; DWT from the LPD PIO... If not so tragic, I would be LOL..

I was very impressed with the media management by the LPD in the initial stages of the Mickey Schunick investigation. For over a month now, there has only been deafening silence. This antiquated investigative strategy only leads to rumors, conjecture, speculation, and conspiracy theories, imo.

Silence by LE via MSM only leads to innocent victims lives lost & mounting cold cases due to the squandering of their most valuable resource; the American public...

After over 6 weeks, the one fact that we can reasonably conclude is that Mickey Schunick was abducted and the abductor's identity has not been released, nor has he or they been arrested..which is very concerning to those of us that feel that Public Safety for our families should be priority.

Cajun girl, I share your point about so much frustration. Good post.

Foxfire, your post is so concise about the reality of LE and the silence that keeps everything or rather everyone in limbo. There has not been any new leads discussed by family, LE or their PI which is slowly eroding publics interest in helping Mickey come home........
:please: I am just hoping my opinion is unfounded.

My continued prayers for Mickey and her family. :angel: God bless them.

snipped to save space:)

Great post! The first thing I thought of though---we don't have dna from victims b/c they cannot be found :( All these girls may be linked and I think there is a HIGH possibility that this is a serial perp (we have nothing telling us otherwise except LE and if they were told by the FBI to hush-up so they don't ruin the case, I'm sure they would)......so until they find all these girls, we def. have to try and make connections IMO

the latest woman found was Tara Hawkins. She was badly decomposing, but they have her body, so that's one recent missing woman that was found. Oh and Jaren Lockhart. Any others within the last 6 months?

Hubby says that there is some fishing around there---really almost everything off of the Atchafalaya Basin thruway is wet lands or swamp, or land surrounded by wet lands and swamp.

I've tried to find out for you, Mr. TT, if any searches were conducted in that area, and I have never received a definitive answer. '

Just as an aside: One of the riding scenes from Easy Rider was filmed near there, or so says my hubby. Between Morganza and Ramah, about a 30 mile distance.

Can you tell me why you are interested in that particular exit? I've been wondering for so long!

I bet 90% of the trucks down here are white. It is so hot, people tend to buy white to reflect some heat away from the vehicle. I know of one company near me that uses red trucks for its fleet, and one that uses dark green. The rest are white.

It "could" be a repo, but you wouldn't believe how many people down here drive around in those trucks. The oilfield service workers are usually on call 24 hours a day for two or three weeks a month, and often work off shore for weeks at a time, separated from their families, so they are well compensated financially. I know of a nineteen year old who just bought one, his payments are in the 900 dollar range, and he won't have trouble meeting those payments because his salary and bonuses are great.

Yes, I watch the traffic cams at times and see all the white trucks. I have been scanning through logos of companies in the Lafayette area as well as various types of work trucks trying to pinpoint something that seems to match.

I realize it's a longshot but not exactly a lot to go on right now.

the latest woman found was Tara Hawkins. She was badly decomposing, but they have her body, so that's one recent missing woman that was found. Oh and Jaren Lockhart. Any others within the last 6 months?

All my opinion of course, but I believe neither of these two are in with the other missing girls. Tara was older (not much, but in her 30's none the less) and a brunette. She was a completely different "type" than the others missing IMO Jaren could of fit w/ them, but w/ her body being found dismembered and so quickly---it makes me think it was personal and not the work of a serial perp JMO

also, the girl that was just found in TN, but she was burned and her car was stolen---doesn't fit the MO either. Although, every case is def. different!!

Yes, I watch the traffic cams at times and see all the white trucks. I have been scanning through logos of companies in the Lafayette area as well as various types of work trucks trying to pinpoint something that seems to match.

I've actually thought of telling all of y'all when I leave my house: Look for kgeaux at the intersection of Kaliste Saloom and Camellia! Wait one minute and look for me at the intersection of Kaliste Saloom and Feu Follet! LOL....

Good luck with your search. I really hope you find something. :tyou:

Cajun girl, I share your point about so much frustration. Good post.

Foxfire, your post is so concise about the reality of LE and the silence that keeps everything or rather everyone in limbo. There has not been any new leads discussed by family, LE or their PI which is slowly eroding publics interest in helping Mickey come home........
:please: I am just hoping my opinion is unfounded.

My continued prayers for Mickey and her family. :angel: God bless them.

Maybe there's a reason for the silence...hmmm

also, the girl that was just found in TN, but she was burned and her car was stolen---doesn't fit the MO either. Although, every case is def. different!!

i agree that the other women seem unrelated. but since we've got nothing else to go on, i thought maybe we could compile a list. serial killers of the past, did they always stick to a hair color and or "type" and kill in the same manner? I know that DTL went for brunettes, but their ages ranged. I know he used strangulation, but I think a knife was used on Charlotte Murray Pace.

I didn't hear about the TN girl. Who is that?

Maybe there's a reason for the silence...hmmm

when the silence started i was outraged, then wiser sleuthers explained to me that maybe they were closing in on someone, so the silence may have been necessary. so i calmed down and became hopeful.

now, though, too much time has gone by since the silence started. so I don't think that they are closing in on anyone. they would have sealed the deal by now.

i'm very very very discouraged

i agree that the other women seem unrelated. but since we've got nothing else to go on, i thought maybe we could compile a list. serial killers of the past, did they always stick to a hair color and or "type" and kill in the same manner? I know that DTL went for brunettes, but their ages ranged. I know he used strangulation, but I think a knife was used on Charlotte Murray Pace.

I didn't hear about the TN girl. Who is that?

Erika Sharpton (she had similar tats to that of the missing ft. brag soldier, kelli bourdeax so it started on tiny stir on her thread a few days ago)

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jul/03/burned-body-franklin-county-identified/

I have been following you guys since the beginning regarding this case and have been glued to the threads regarding MS. I think that sometimes ppl here get frustrated because it feels like the case isn't going anywhere but I just want everyone to know that the discussions they have on this site (MS or other victims) do have a strong impact because I believe members of LE do read the posts. Granted, we may never know about it while we are here on this earth but what I feel very strongly is that if I was a caring detective and I was at a dead end I would certainly reach outside of my box to look at ALL possibilities and theories. So, don't get upset because you feel you're spinning your wheels. You could move the case in a whole new direction and never know about it....

My own personal theory is that the driver was drunk and it was a hit and run. He was someone who had a lot to lose (monetarily). I believe this is someone who is a business owner of some sort, was afraid not only of the criminal charges he would face, but also of the possibility of a civil suit. I think he is older as well (late 40's or 50's).

beat me to it :) It is very sad! Holly Bobo was from TN as well. So we have MS, Kelli Bordeaux, Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer still missing.

Jaren Lockhart, Erika Sharpton, Tara Hawkins all found deceased w/ foul play (and no official suspects in any case w/ a body as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong)

in addition to the bodies found, there is this one
http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/160901195.html

however, no one has identified her as far as i know. she was petite too though.

I did the same thing-- trying to find a logo that matched what I thought I was seeing on that service box on the side of the truck. If I lived in Lafayette or Lake Charles or wherever, I swear I would be cruising through the parking lots of the plants looking for a logo on a service box. At some point it looks to me like a water cooler sitting on the back right of that truck bed. Pipeline company? Pipeline worker that was staying in Lafayette? That logo is going to drive me crazy thinking about it.:maddening:

I think I see some kind of logo. Looks to me like MnM. In red letters.

Okay: I know what needs to be done. Someone who has PhotoShop needs to grab the photo of the truck which shows the service box on the side. I believe it has three initials for letters centered in the middle. What I need to know is what color those letters are -- they are showing as black and white -- but if you grab that photo, then bring up the levels, perhaps it will help in deciphering what color is on that service box. I believe it will be something like CNG or an oil-related service company. I am thinking that those letters will be dark red, but it is something that PhotoShop can help pan out. Once we get it blown up and a decision is made what color we think it is -- we can begin to search on Lafayette or southern Louisiana companie with logos. It is interesting to me that there are no logos on the doors of the truck, but rather on the service box only. It could be not the logo of the companybut rather an LSU Tiger face or somthing symbolic to the truck owner. But I absolutely thinkn it is worth figuring this out since we don't have a license plate to go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail