***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following you guys since the beginning regarding this case and have been glued to the threads regarding MS. I think that sometimes ppl here get frustrated because it feels like the case isn't going anywhere but I just want everyone to know that the discussions they have on this site (MS or other victims) do have a strong impact because I believe members of LE do read the posts. Granted, we may never know about it while we are here on this earth but what I feel very strongly is that if I was a caring detective and I was at a dead end I would certainly reach outside of my box to look at ALL possibilities and theories. So, don't get upset because you feel you're spinning your wheels. You could move the case in a whole new direction and never know about it....

My own personal theory is that the driver was drunk and it was a hit and run. He was someone who had a lot to lose (monetarily). I believe this is someone who is a business owner of some sort, was afraid not only of the criminal charges he would face, but also of the possibility of a civil suit. I think he is older as well (late 40's or 50's).

:welcome:

more missing girls are: Karen Swift, TN, 2011; Katelyn Markham, OH, 2011; Paige Johnson, KY, 2010; Crystal Hall, KY, 2009. All young, petite, blondes.

Karen Swift; who vanished after a Haloween party on the early morning hours on 10/31/2011..

Her Human Remains Found Dec 10 2011, in the Historic Bledsoe Cemetery(1840). The cemetery has 3 large iron crosses that can be seen for miles. Her remains were located near these crosses.
Has the makings of a Southern Gothic Horror movie, yet a tragedy for her family & the Dyer County, TN community.

There has been total silence & missinformation in that case too. The promise of an arrest by Dyer Co Tn Sheriff Jeff Box was made months ago..

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/ Timeline

this place along the mississippi river right after the mississippi river bridge on the campus side of the river has always spooked me. it's perfect for dumping because it's abandoned. i see homeless people in there, well i guess that's what i'm seeing. hard to say while on the bridge. it's like a cement parking garage type structure right over the river.

http://goo.gl/maps/ysgA

That abandoned platform is very difficult to get to...would be nearly impossible carrying a body. There are railroad ties spaced at least a foot apart from the top of the levee to get to the rusty old walk over the shore of the river about 30 ft down (I learned the scary way that shore can also be used as a boat launch). You have to walk along the seams of the old rusty metal plates to not fall through. Once you get on the cement platform, you're good but it's treacherous on your own and I nearly died one night helping carry an ice chest to the platform, there's no way someone could maneuver it with a body to throw it in the river, especially on the night of a new moon.

And there's never a guarantee that you'll be alone out there once you get out to the platform either...

Not a likely dumping spot IMO...for this or any crime (but I do always look down on the shore below when I'm up there for bodies, just in case - you never know what may be hidden deep in the Mighty Mississippi)

Karen Swift; who vanished after a Haloween party on the early morning hours on 10/31/2011..

Her Human Remains Found Dec 10 2011, in the Historic Bledsoe Cemetery(1840). The cemetery has 3 large iron crosses that can be seen for miles. Her remains were located near these crosses.
Has the makings of a Southern Gothic Horror movie, yet a tragedy for her family & the Dyer County, TN community.

There has been total silence & missinformation in that case too. The promise of an arrest by Dyer Co Tn Sheriff Jeff Box was made months ago..

i just read up on her case. the locals seem to be suspecting one person. so she's not a "vanished without a reason" situation. this is just what i've read in the past 10 minutes. i definitely have not been following her case, so i could totally be off base.

WOW, That slipped right by me that she was found, probably with the holidays around that time and all :-( How sad!

We can also add Brittney Woods from AL...I know there are very, very odd circumstances regarding her case (w/ "family"), but yet another young missing woman.

That abandoned platform is very difficult to get to...would be nearly impossible carrying a body. There are railroad ties spaced at least a foot apart from the top of the levee to get to the rusty old walk over the shore of the river about 30 ft down (I learned the scary way that shore can also be used as a boat launch). You have to walk along the seams of the old rusty metal plates to not fall through. Once you get on the cement platform, you're good but it's treacherous on your own and I nearly died one night helping carry an ice chest to the platform, there's no way someone could maneuver it with a body to throw it in the river, especially on the night of a new moon.

And there's never a guarantee that you'll be alone out there once you get out to the platform either...

Not a likely dumping spot IMO...for this or any crime (but I do always look down on the shore below when I'm up there for bodies, just in case - you never know what may be hidden deep in the Mighty Mississippi)

thank you for letting me know that. i have never ventured out there. all very good points. so we can check that off

when the silence started i was outraged, then wiser sleuthers explained to me that maybe they were closing in on someone, so the silence may have been necessary. so i calmed down and became hopeful.

now, though, too much time has gone by since the silence started. so I don't think that they are closing in on anyone. they would have sealed the deal by now.

i'm very very very discouraged

'justwannahelp, missing persons investigations are predominately marathons. Seldom are they sprints, due to lack of witnesses, normal delays before the initial investigation is iniated/ruling out the normal POIs, family, friends, lovers, etc.

More often than not, if a stranger is involved, the case will then, either grow cold for years or decades until an unsuspected tip comes in, or the case is solved due to forensics. The families will continue their searches & investigation til solved..

If ya really want to help 'justwannahelp, the victims & families of the silent missing epidemic, just jump in, you'll be accepted with open arms.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/tag/2012-cue-national-missing-persons-conference/

2013 The 9th Annual National Missing Persons Conference "A Pathway to Resolution", save the date March 21st thru the 24th....see you there.

I have looked at white truck pics for weeks now. I have seen thousands. However, the only white Chevy-type truck I have seen with a chrome gas cover has been in the parking lot at Burnt. Is anyone familiar with this truck?

i just read up on her case. the locals seem to be suspecting one person. so she's not a "vanished without a reason" situation. this is just what i've read in the past 10 minutes. i definitely have not been following her case, so i could totally be off base.

Same w/ Crystal---the locals have two suspects---one is in jail and the other is dead from an overdose, they think they know the scenario but LE won't do anything (IMO from reading their opinion lol).

For lack of being able to open only one window or my google chrome will crash....do I post the link w/ all this local hearsay or leave it alone?! I'll edit if I need to add it...Thanx :)

Jaren Lockhart, Erika Sharpton, Tara Hawkins, Karen Swift (locals seem to have a POI, so I'm counting her out) and an unidentified Oregon girl's body are the 4 bodies they have to work with. if any of these bodies have the same DNA on them then we know there is a serial killer.

that is the only theory i can think of at the moment, but i don't really believe in it. if i was LE, I would look into it

jujube, I remember reading long ago that police found a body in the Green River case, and they did not announce it. Instead, they set up surveillance, hoping the perp would come back to the scene.

I didn't quote your whole post, I know you didn't want that! But I wanted you to know that I have heard of what you are saying.

I don't think it is SOP, but it is a tactic that is sometimes used by LE.

Going by memory here(Ann Rule), but I think a dumping ground of Ridgeway's was located in Kings Co., WA, during the 2 decades long GR Task Force investigation, & was silenced to the media while an unsuccessful stakeout was launched. There was a lot of silence and political backlash in the Green River investigation...

I did the same thing-- trying to find a logo that matched what I thought I was seeing on that service box on the side of the truck. If I lived in Lafayette or Lake Charles or wherever, I swear I would be cruising through the parking lots of the plants looking for a logo on a service box. At some point it looks to me like a water cooler sitting on the back right of that truck bed. Pipeline company? Pipeline worker that was staying in Lafayette? That logo is going to drive me crazy thinking about it.:maddening:

I think I see some kind of logo. Looks to me like MnM. In red letters.

Okay: I know what needs to be done. Someone who has PhotoShop needs to grab the photo of the truck which shows the service box on the side. I believe it has three initials for letters centered in the middle. What I need to know is what color those letters are -- they are showing as black and white -- but if you grab that photo, then bring up the levels, perhaps it will help in deciphering what color is on that service box. I believe it will be something like CNG or an oil-related service company. I am thinking that those letters will be dark red, but it is something that PhotoShop can help pan out. Once we get it blown up and a decision is made what color we think it is -- we can begin to search on Lafayette or southern Louisiana companie with logos. It is interesting to me that there are no logos on the doors of the truck, but rather on the service box only. It could be not the logo of the companybut rather an LSU Tiger face or somthing symbolic to the truck owner. But I absolutely thinkn it is worth figuring this out since we don't have a license plate to go with.

There is also what appears to be a logo on the back passenger side window.

The following link shows a pic of a truck posted on KATC of a vehicle someone spotted on the side of the road. The truck appears to be an older model but the decal on the rear window looks like the logo on the VOI and it has what appears to be a large decal on the rear side passenger window.

http://www.katc.com/images/gallery/15/imag0762_184028.jpg

Does anyone know what his symbol is on the back window?

There is also what appears to be a logo on the back passenger side window.

The following link shows a pic of a truck posted on KATC of a vehicle someone spotted on the side of the road. The truck appears to be an older model but the decal on the rear window looks like the logo on the VOI and it has what appears to be a large decal on the rear side passenger window.

http://www.katc.com/images/gallery/15/imag0762_184028.jpg

Does anyone know what his symbol is on the back window?

gosh. yes. those are everywhere in Louisiana too. it's a fleur de lis symbol made out of the bodies of a fish, deer, and duck intertwined. it's for hunter fisherman.

Jaren Lockhart, Erika Sharpton, Tara Hawkins, Karen Swift (locals seem to have a POI, so I'm counting her out) and an unidentified Oregon girl's body are the 4 bodies they have to work with. if any of these bodies have the same DNA on them then we know there is a serial killer.

that is the only theory i can think of at the moment, but i don't really believe in it. if i was LE, I would look into it

'justwannahelp, FBI BAU2 VICAP knows or has a good idea of the number of serial killer investigations which are ongoing across the US.

The FBI, for the most part is very secretive & will not release this info to the American public. Even after an arrest & conviction of the most prolific serial killers, it may be years or decades before the truth is revealed to the public due to the magnitude of their trail of terror; victim totals..

FleurDeLis2.png

Al right back, to that dang truck photo. Does anyone else see like a clipboard with some kind of piece of paper or size of a piece of paper on the front dash board? I cannot figure out what I am seeing. It is in the photo of the guy running at the gas station. In that truck, there is a work box on the back passenger's side that I am trying to figure out if it has a symbol or letters on i. The other thing I am trying to figure out is what that is on the dashboard. Any guesses?

http://bayoucane.blogspot.com/2009/01/fleur-de-lis-connection-to-louisiana.html

This article is in regards to Lousiana and the fleur de lis symbol in general. It's kind of a claim to fame (the saints of course, have a lot to do w/ this) for the symbol and it sounds like LA boasts it everywhere. I originally looked this up b/c I have never seen this symbol (w/ the fish and such) before and there are A LOT of hunters, fishers, etc in my area now and where I lived at in KY. Just found it interesting :)

Al right back, to that dang truck photo. Does anyone else see like a clipboard with some kind of piece of paper or size of a piece of paper on the front dash board? I cannot figure out what I am seeing. It is in the photo of the guy running at the gas station. In that truck, there is a work box on the back passenger's side that I am trying to figure out if it has a symbol or letters on i. The other thing I am trying to figure out is what that is on the dashboard. Any guesses?

I have been looking at that also. I think it looks like someone's feet up on the dashboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail