NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know what to think about that show tonight. That guy called Coffey - Crosby and said he did, indeed have a son. This couple and their being so adamant about never seeing Zahra (even though we have reports of what schools and when she attended).

I'm still curious about her attendance record at the school - especially during this "attic" time.

Those of you that have been on Websleuths for a long time is this case the most horrifying one you have ever heard of? I mean it is me. This is just so cruel.

Sadly sadly sadly there seems to be no shortage of child murder and cruelty cases that fail to stun me. Each one I think, OMG can people GET any worse?

Then a case will come along that's worse than the one before.

Do you ever get an immediate intuitive feeling "the mother did it", "the father did it", "the babysitter did it" when you start to get 'he facts of a case, but don;t want to post that because you don;t want to like you're jumping the gun? At home, I will hear a case and tell my husband, "so and so did it", and most of the time it turns out to be right. Are we more intuitive because we follow cases like this? (I know some people think we are a little twisted to follow them, dang, I feel its our responsibility to keep up with this kind of news and follow the case to make sure the victim gets justice. I like to think our collective voices and prayers help. I dunno, maybe I am nuts.

Is anybody else like that, too, or is it "just me"?

LOL! Let me know when you do so you can pick me up. I'm just approx. 30 mi. north of Chattanooga (Cleveland, TN).

OMG, one of my best friends is from Cleveland!!! You are a long long way from me but I would gladly pick you up!!!!!

I am in NW Tn.

Sadly sadly sadly there seems to be no shortage of child murder and cruelty cases that fail to stun me. Each one I think, OMG can people GET any worse?

Then a case will come along that's worse than the one before.

Do you ever get an immediate intuitive feeling "the mother did it", "the father did it", "the babysitter did it" when you start to get 'he facts of a case, but don;t want to post that because you don;t want to like you're jumping the gun? At home, I will hear a case and tell my husband, "so and so did it", and most of the time it turns out to be right. Are we more intuitive because we follow cases like this? (I know some people think we are a little twisted to follow them, dang, I feel its our responsibility to keep up with this kind of news and follow the case to make sure the victim gets justice. I like to think our collective voices and prayers help. I dunno, maybe I am nuts.

Is anybody else like that, too, or is it "just me"?

The collective voice is what keeps us on this forum, and no you're not crazy ;)

I'm coming out of lurking for poor Zahra. This case makes me so sad and makes me want to hug my kids even tighter!

Anyway, the dad said he didn't get home from work until 11:30? Who does landscaping that late? I mean, I can see until at the latest 9pm, but 11:30pm? How can you landscape in the dark?

I don't believe that the dad knows about where Zarha is, but he has to know that his "wife" is guilty. I think that she put the ransom note in the SUV and lit the fire, called the fire department hoping that they would find the note and ask to check on Zahra and she would have been missing. What I do wonder though is who found the note in the car? Was is the firemen? Did EB point it out? Anyone know?

do we have a copy of the ransome note?

A search warrant says officers found a ransom note on the SUV, addressed to a "Mr. Coffey," who was identified as Adam Baker's boss, Mark Coffey. The mostly unpunctuated note read: "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter and your ... son is next unless you do what is asked 1000000 ($1 million) unmarked will be in touch soon."
The words "no cops" also were written on the note.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...girl-not-seen-by-outsiders.html#ixzz12Tl87jaR

search warrant says it was found on the windshield.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=460807

BBM: not watching NG now, can you clarify? :)

- after they moved out, during a walk-through of the rental, the husband-manager found that in the attic a closet door was missing, the shelf and rod that was above the closet door was missing; he found footprints. also, he stated that at t time (walk-through), he found a small sheet there. no more noises were heard from the attic after they moved out.

IMO, JC did an excellent job of questioning the couple!

- after they moved out, during a walk-through of the rental, the husband-manager found that in the attic a closet door was missing, the shelf and rod that was above the closet door was missing; he found footprints. also, he stated that at t time (walk-through), he found a small sheet there. no more noises were heard from the attic after they moved out.

I love Jean, thanks that helps...I'm one of those that thinks she was locked in the attic.

Just a little information about prosthetic devices for children and how often a child should get a new one.

http://www.amputee-coalition.org/expectations/prostheses.html

Though there’s not a lot of detailed literature on the exact frequency of replac*ing limbs, a study by Dr. Claude Lambert at the University of Illinois found that children, on average, require a new lower-limb prosthesis annually up to the age of 5, every two years from ages 5 to 12, then every 3 to 4 years to the age of 21.

OMG... I don't know why this struck me so hard right now, but the woman on Nancy Grace just was talking about Zahra and the fact that she had battled bone cancer and was deaf... the fact that her hearing aids were left at home, if this happened elsewhere, that she couldn't hear what happened to her.. just see and feel...

This is not a direct quote, I paraphrased since I'm too lazy to find the remote to rewind... But wow. That I never thought about that.
I thought she had some hearing though...

BBM. Dragonfly, I thought she had some hearing too because I think they showed a video of her getting the hearing aids and saying that she could hear some but could hear better with the aids.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry, but I don't know the dimensions or anything about the attic. Was it high enough for an adult to walk through? What do people think happened up in the attic?

BBM. Dragonfly, I thought she had some hearing too because I think they showed a video of her getting the hearing aids and saying that she could hear some but could hear better with the aids.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ten-year-old Zahra Baker was all smiles as she was fitted with her device.

Baker lost her hearing during chemotherapy treatments for two bouts of cancer.

According to her mother, Elesa, Baker suffers from what is known as high frequency hearing loss. As such, she has a difficult time hearing "s" and "f" sounds.

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...ns-charity-helps-bring-hearing-tho-ar-248536/

I do not feel that Zahra was made to sleep in the attic. It would be difficult for her to get up in the attic without a chair. By the sounds of everything, this attic seem more like a spot to hide things rather then for Zahra to sleep.

The foam insulation can be very itchy especially if it has fiberglass in it.

husband said sheet rock was lying flat-is that where husb-manager saw t footprints?

I just don't know what to think about that show tonight. That guy called Coffey - Crosby and said he did, indeed have a son. This couple and their being so adamant about never seeing Zahra (even though we have reports of what schools and when she attended).

I'm still curious about her attendance record at the school - especially during this "attic" time.
snip-
According to Caldwell County school officials, Zahra attended Hudson Elementary School at the end of her 3rd grade year, in 2009.

She began 4th grade in August 2009 at Granite Falls Elementary School and stayed there until March 9, 2010. At that point, she was pulled from Granite Falls and placed back at Hudson Elementary School. Authorities believe Hudson Elementary is the last school that Zahra attended.

A source told NewsChannel 36 that the staff at Hudson did see signs of trouble in Zahra’s life and even visited her home

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Caldwell-school-officials-tried-to-help-Zahra-Baker-104985934.html

As far as I can find-there are no school records before March 2009 at Hudson Ele. School.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288