TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding texting asked earlier:

The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning. Reece's cell phone signal was weak.

"So around seven o'clock, I called her on her cell phone from my house phone," she said.

Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on and said goodbye.

"All right, Weece," Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname. "I'll see you. Love you."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

When did Clint go in pursuit? I get the impression he was going into the woods but changed his mind when the neighbor pulled up. This scenario makes no sense, btw.

Clint got a loaded pistol, walked out of the back door and went through an open garage attached to the house. That's when he saw a puddle of blood near Holly's car.

"When I walked out the back door, I saw a small puddle of blood, and I still wasn't alarmed because who I thought was her boyfriend was dressed in camo," Clint said. "I thought, 'He's killed a turkey up here on this trail behind the house and brought it to the house to show Holly before she goes to school.'"

"The thing is there was no turkey," Clint said. "I wondered why they would take the turkey back to the woods unless they were walking back to put the turkey in his truck. I was not worried until the neighbor pulled up and said her son heard screams."

As Clint walked toward the woods, Cathy Wise, the neighbor, pulled up in the driveway because the secretary at school had asked her to go to the Bobo home and make sure everything was OK.

"The neighbor pulled up and she said she heard screams about 15 or 20 minutes ago and that was about eight o'clock," Clint said. "At that time, I had my phone on my side or in my hand, and I don't think I spoke to her, I just called 911 like Mom had said."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

Where can I post the 2 Jackson Sun links so we can easily refer to them without having to sift through pages and pages?

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...s-early-handling-investigation?nclick_check=1

I re-read the first article, and I caught some things I had not noticed before. The student who started crying just after 8 a.m. was not the same girl who had been texting on the phone with Holly at 7 a.m. and then called Holly's cellphone from her landline. BB, the young lady who cried, apparently then expressed to the teacher why she was crying; she thought Holly had an auto accident, because she did not miss tests. BB then implies that the teacher already knew what was going on! How could this be--at 8:05 or so--that the teacher knew anything, when, back at the Bobo's, they did not have a full understanding of what was happening at 8:05? BB said, referring to the teacher, "she already knew what was going on and she just lowered her head."

Thoughts?

I re-read the first article, and I caught some things I had not noticed before. The student who started crying just after 8 a.m. was not the same girl who had been texting on the phone with Holly at 7 a.m. and then called Holly's cellphone from her landline. BB, the young lady who cried, apparently then expressed to the teacher why she was crying; she thought Holly had an auto accident, because she did not miss tests. BB then implies that the teacher already knew what was going on! How could this be--at 8:05 or so--that the teacher knew anything, when, back at the Bobo's, they did not have a full understanding of what was happening at 8:05? BB said, referring to the teacher, "she already knew what was going on and she just lowered her head."

Thoughts?

That's one of the mysteries surrounding this case. By approximately 8:05 the entire town knew about Holly. Someone posted that perhaps they had an emergency broadcasting system at the school (sorry I don't recall who posted it). Perhaps that is how word got out or friends calling friends or texts. OR the timeline is off.

Who knows.

Or perhaps the Decauter Co. coon hunt had many folks (both local and non-local) in the area at the time; many of whom were communicating with one another in many different ways- phone calls, text messages, email, face to face, etc.

That's one of the mysteries surrounding this case. By approximately 8:05 the entire town knew about Holly. Someone posted that perhaps they had an emergency broadcasting system at the school (sorry I don't recall who posted it). Perhaps that is how word got out or friends calling friends or texts. OR the timeline is off.

Who knows.

I think the former things you list make more sense. The timeline simply can't be much off if the news outlets have reported accurately. Holly could not have left out the door much before 7:40, and then there is a ten-minute interval where Holly is interacting with the kidnapper, and then Clint sees them walking into the woods between 7:50 and 7:55. At 8:00, people start showing up to the house, and by 8:05, the word is out!

Holly somehow went missing in the space of 20 minutes, and seems to have just evaporated! I surely do wish LE, the family, and the media would try a reenactment one more time in the hope that someone would remember something that might help bring Holly home and would help to clarify a lot of things which seem to have gotten muddled from being retold wrongly over and over!

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...s-early-handling-investigation?nclick_check=1

Is the picture at the link Swan Johnson Road? That is not where Clint saw Holly and the perp, right? This road appears to be leading to the front of the house. If the perp didn't go this way then one would assume he would have taken one of the 2 other roads. Where do they lead to?

Thats the driveway to the front of the house. Clint saw them walking away in the back... an area not visible in that photo at all

I still want to know how Holly's instructor at school knew something bad had happened before/already when one of Holly's friends in her class told the instructor. Its like the teacher already knew.

Or perhaps the Decauter Co. coon hunt had many folks (both local and non-local) in the area at the time; many of whom were communicating with one another in many different ways- phone calls, text messages, email, face to face, etc.

Now that makes great sense to me.

I still want to know how Holly's instructor at school knew something bad had happened before/already when one of Holly's friends in her class told the instructor. Its like the teacher already knew.

Yup. It was 8 am (that was the time the exam was to start) and she already knew. Clint woke at 7:50.

I have a random thought I'd like to throw out! I have been looking at the timelines and trying to figure out how the kidnapper could so "quietly" bring Holly to the point where she would contritely go with him into the woods! Because I have to tell you that if it were me and my brother, who were about the same age difference as Holly and Clint, I would have been kicking and screaming, hoping to get my brother's attention! I know she screamed at least once. But by Clint's account, the abductor did not have his hand over her mouth or anything as she was walked into the woods.

So just how did the kidnapper subdue her, AND cause at least some of Holly's blood to be spilled? Some have talked about a stun gun, but I would think this would disrupt her ability to walk right. A gunshot would make too much noise. How about a hunting bow? Are turkeys shot with bows? (Sorry, I'm not a hunter and don't know any!) Could he have hidden across from the carport and shot her when she came out to get in the car? Would the pain have then produced a scream? Does an arrow injury produce much blood? I've thought about a punch in the nose! But he'd have to get close enough to her to do that without her running back inside. If she saw him coming, she'd have time to react! I don't think I have heard anyone talk about bows--just the guns the Bobo's owned. Karen told Clint to get a gun and go after his sister!

Just thinking out loud here, and, of course, JMHO!

BBM Oooh! I think you may be onto something. Originally I thought shot, no one heard gunshot. My husband said maybe she was stabbed which could fit but not much blood. I think the arrow scenario may very well be possible. I love animals and do not like hunting so don't know about the amount of blood it would produce.But I did once step barefoot on a big #16 nail. It stuck into my foot and I had to pull it out. At first there was no blood because the nail plugged the hole that it made but once I pulled it out that's is when it started throbbing really bad and bled. I guess it would all depend on what part of the body the arrow strikes as to how much blood there would be. Good thinking!

Ok, this is not the one I was looking for, I will look for the other one in a minute, but thought I would post this. I have it saved, as possibly being posted by plumeria here on WS.

April 13th

4:30 am Holly wakes up to study with bedroom door shut
Dana wakes up shortly after Holly.
5:30 am Dana talks to Holly through her bedroom door about gas $
5:30 or 5:35 am Dana leaves money on counter in kitchen.
Karen wakes up to get ready for school and sees Holly
sitting on bed studying.
7:00 am Karen is leaving for work. Holly has dressed and is at
dining table.
Holly talks to Hannah on the phone. Texts back & forth.
7:00 ish am Hannah says cell is weak. Calls Holly from home phone.
Holly says she is going to put on shoes, eat breakfast.
Before 7:30 am Drew calls Holly to tell about problem with hunting
Flurry of phone calls between Karen, Drew and Holly.
7:30-7:35 am Karen hangs up from talking to Holly.Clint still asleep.
7:40 am Neighbor's son hears scream. Tells his mom. She calls
Karen's school.
7:50 am Clint wakes up, sees Holly's car, calls mom. No answer.
Karen calls Clint from school library.
Karen calls 911.

Clint looks out window sees Holly and a man walking
towards woods. Clint calls Holly's phone and Drew's.
Karen calls Clint again. Clint says he sees them walking.
Tells Clint to call 911 and go out with a gun.
Karen calls 911 again. Clint gets gun, goes out back door
sees puddle of blood.
Neighbor pulls up tells Clint about screams.Clint calls 911.
8:00am Classmate worries about Holly. Drew at work.
8:05am Deputies arrive at Bobos.
Karen arrives home with friend shortly after police.
8:30 am Dana arrives home.

BBM..I don't get this timeline. Karen stated that it takes her 26 min to get to work. If she left school at 7:50, she didn't get home till 8:15.

Why did the neighbor call Karen at school? Why not call LE and go over there? The neighbor didn't go over there right away...and furthermore, why didn't the son of the neighbor go over and see what the scream was about instead of telling his mommy. Wasn't he about 30 yrs old?

Clint calls Karen, the neighbor's son calls his mother. neither man took action but both called their respective mothers instead. They hunt a kill things but don't respond to a woman's scream and have to call their mothers when things are unusual?

What's with the men in Darden, TN?

Please note that the fairgrounds were one of the initial cc's for search efforts:
http://www.decaturcountytn.org/fairgrounds.asp

Hollye has a great map up (in the first thread, I believe) of early search efforts which show the area and surrounding roads well.

There are also additional roads/trails that are not visable on current google maps/earth.

I am pretty sure the coon hunt ended days before HB abduction, but there is nothing to believe it didn't add to the suspect pool. I think it is IMPORTANT to note that HB didn't attend classes everyday (I believe Wednesday is the first day of the week she goes, it is hard to source some of the finer points of this case so maybe somebody else remembers a link), so that would be one of the days she would leave for school around 7:35~.
In regards to the timeline, it is the only one we have to work with, but I think there is a STRONG chance that the timeline is false in some way. I couldn't find the link I was looking for yet, if it still exists it is probably on youtube somewhere, so maybe someone else remembers/can find the link (I think this was actually said on a news clip on day one, it is one of the very first media reports involving LE), but the sheriff stated that the first 911 call came in before 7:30 AM (he specifically said 7:27 or 7:29, that is quite specific for a rounded off time) and almost every article you will find online from the first day references the events unfolding around 7:30AM (even the first threads on this site). If LE didn't get to the scene until after 8AM, then why is there talk about 7:30?????? According to the given timeline, at 7:30AM HB is in the middle of a flurry of calls regarding the mistaken identity of her boyfriend hunting on the other side of the county.
We have been told there were 4 calls to 911. I am trying to sleuth the timeline and in doing so means looking at people's actions, so don't think of this as bashing as much as staring into an abyss of confusion. KB claims to have made 2 of them, CB claims he was dialing 911 as he heard LE arriving at his home and there have been reports that the neighbor called KB or called 911 or both. The only thing I can tell from that is not one of these four 911 calls makes sense in the way it has been told. KB calls and gets the wrong county, so she calls 911 again to another county. The original 911 dispatcher couldn't/wouldn't connect her to the proper line? (was one of these calls a directly to the sheriff office?) CB dials (talks to a person?) 911 as LE is arriving and it is assumed that KB calls 911 before CB tries, but if so then KB has already called 911 (1 or 2 times) and tells CB to then call 911. I can think of scenarios where this all could happen. It is interesting to note the eyewitness reaction is the opposite of his mothers, who is being given info second hand and the other oddity is when KB is making calls to 911, what exactly was CB doing? KB couldn't have known HB had left towards the woods until CB had told her and we know CB talked to KB before and after that. We also know that LE arrives within 10 minutes of HB heading to the woods, but the x factor in all of this is the neighbor and the fourth 911 call. Who-son or mother? When- was 911 called? Where- was the son and/or mother when the scream happen and when 911 was called. How- was 911 called, cell or land line? What- sequence of events led to either the son hearing a scream, telling his mother, calling 911 and then driving away, or the mother being told about a scream, calling KB, calling 911 and then going over to the home (how many of you would decide that after hearing screams that eventually warranted a call to 911 would then go over to your neighbor's house in the middle of a possible abduction with an unknown assailant? That is very gutsy for an older woman) Why- was 911 called by the neighbor in the first place?
I think a few of us wonder where that fourth 911 call comes from. If KB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did (it has never been confirmed he talked to 911, only dialed), then what in the world was happening at that house??? How the neighbor and that fourth call fit together is about as convoluted as the rest of the story is. If the neighbor first called 911 about the screams, then LE took a very long time to get there. If the neighbor called 911 in response to talking with KB, then it had to happen AFTER CB witnessed HB walking away and BEFORE going to the home as CB is dialing 911 (meaning that KB communicated with both the neighbor and CB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did).
The dragging comments were probably not the only part of the story that was drastically revised and at this point, would anyone here be surprised to find out parts of this story are completely fabricated? I know I wouldn't be.

I am pretty sure the coon hunt ended days before HB abduction, but there is nothing to believe it didn't add to the suspect pool.

I think it is IMPORTANT to note that HB didn't attend classes everyday (I believe Wednesday is the first day of the week she goes, it is hard to source some of the finer points of this case so maybe somebody else remembers a link), so that would be one of the days she would leave for school around 7:35~.

In regards to the timeline, it is the only one we have to work with, but I think there is a STRONG chance that the timeline is false in some way.

I couldn't find the link I was looking for yet, if it still exists it is probably on youtube somewhere, so maybe someone else remembers/can find the link (I think this was actually said on a news clip on day one, it is one of the very first media reports involving LE), but the sheriff stated that the first 911 call came in before 7:30 AM (he specifically said 7:27 or 7:29, that is quite specific for a rounded off time) and almost every article you will find online from the first day references the events unfolding around 7:30AM (even the first threads on this site).

If LE didn't get to the scene until after 8AM, then why is there talk about 7:30?????? According to the given timeline, at 7:30AM HB is in the middle of a flurry of calls regarding the mistaken identity of her boyfriend hunting on the other side of the county.

We have been told there were 4 calls to 911. I am trying to sleuth the timeline and in doing so means looking at people's actions, so don't think of this as bashing as much as staring into an abyss of confusion. KB claims to have made 2 of them, CB claims he was dialing 911 as he heard LE arriving at his home and there have been reports that the neighbor called KB or called 911 or both. The only thing I can tell from that is not one of these four 911 calls makes sense in the way it has been told.

KB calls and gets the wrong county, so she calls 911 again to another county. The original 911 dispatcher couldn't/wouldn't connect her to the proper line? (was one of these calls a directly to the sheriff office?) CB dials (talks to a person?) 911 as LE is arriving and it is assumed that KB calls 911 before CB tries, but if so then KB has already called 911 (1 or 2 times) and tells CB to then call 911. I can think of scenarios where this all could happen.

It is interesting to note the eyewitness reaction is the opposite of his mothers, who is being given info second hand and the other oddity is when KB is making calls to 911, what exactly was CB doing? KB couldn't have known HB had left towards the woods until CB had told her and we know CB talked to KB before and after that.

We also know that LE arrives within 10 minutes of HB heading to the woods, but the x factor in all of this is the neighbor and the fourth 911 call.

Who - son or mother?

When - was 911 called? Where - was the son and/or mother when the scream happen and when 911 was called.

How - was 911 called, cell or land line?

What - sequence of events led to either the son hearing a scream, telling his mother, calling 911 and then driving away, or the mother being told about a scream, calling KB, calling 911 and then going over to the home (how many of you would decide that after hearing screams that eventually warranted a call to 911 would then go over to your neighbor's house in the middle of a possible abduction with an unknown assailant? That is very gutsy for an older woman).

Why - was 911 called by the neighbor in the first place?

I think a few of us wonder where that fourth 911 call comes from. If KB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did (it has never been confirmed he talked to 911, only dialed), then what in the world was happening at that house??? How the neighbor and that fourth call fit together is about as convoluted as the rest of the story is.

If the neighbor first called 911 about the screams, then LE took a very long time to get there. If the neighbor called 911 in response to talking with KB, then it had to happen AFTER CB witnessed HB walking away and BEFORE going to the home as CB is dialing 911 (meaning that KB communicated with both the neighbor and CB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did).

The dragging comments were probably not the only part of the story that was drastically revised and at this point, would anyone here be surprised to find out parts of this story are completely fabricated? I know I wouldn't be.
Now - with paragraphs!

I have followed this case pretty much from the beginning..
The statements, time lines, barking dogs, dead turkeys, camouflage clothed boyfriend/cousin,scream, multi-phone calls in a very short time period,the police on scene within a 10 minute window, and the rest of the town there in the next few minutes, and still never finding one sign of tire track or sign of Holly and an escape route makes absolutely no sense and we all know it.

.....so I am out on the limb (all alone) that I will be sitting on until the 911 tapes are released--for all any of us know Holly could have been taken the night before and the family just ASSUMED she was still in her room , not wanting to be disturbed because a that very important test she had. I think all our questions would be answered if we had those calls. They are not being released for a reason--think how many of these calls we hear day in and day out on every call (if made) in even the most minor cases.

I honestly believe there is very little reliable information we can use to make any reasonable attempt at a theory about this case....and I sometimes think this is the way they want it...for whatever reason.

....and I don't expect anyone to agree eith my thinking, I just wanted to state my frustration and MOO of this case. Thanks!:what:

I have followed this case pretty much from the beginning..
The statements, time lines, barking dogs, dead turkeys, camouflage clothed boyfriend/cousin,scream, multi-phone calls in a very short time period,the police on scene within a 10 minute window, and the rest of the town there in the next few minutes, and still never finding one sign of tire track or sign of Holly and an escape route makes absolutely no sense and we all know it.

.....so I am out on the limb (all alone) that I will be sitting on until the 911 tapes are released--for all any of us know Holly could have been taken the night before and the family just ASSUMED she was still in her room , not wanting to be disturbed because a that very important test she had. I think all our questions would be answered if we had those calls. They are not being released for a reason--think how many of these calls we hear day in and day out on every call (if made) in even the most minor cases.

I honestly believe there is very little reliable information we can use to make any reasonable attempt at a theory about this case....and I sometimes think this is the way they want it...for whatever reason.

....and I don't expect anyone to agree eith my thinking, I just wanted to state my frustration and MOO of this case. Thanks!:what:

Wasn't it said her sister spoke with her that morning and left her gas money?

BBM..I don't get this timeline. Karen stated that it takes her 26 min to get to work. If she left school at 7:50, she didn't get home till 8:15.

Why did the neighbor call Karen at school? Why not call LE and go over there? The neighbor didn't go over there right away...and furthermore, why didn't the son of the neighbor go over and see what the scream was about instead of telling his mommy. Wasn't he about 30 yrs old?

Clint calls Karen, the neighbor's son calls his mother. neither man took action but both called their respective mothers instead. They hunt a kill things but don't respond to a woman's scream and have to call their mothers when things are unusual?

What's with the men in Darden, TN?

BBM - I would like to ask the neighbor had he ever heard screams coming from the Bobo house before the morning in question?

Also, does anyone think it possible that the screams originated from inside of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288