NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has already been posted, but it's some good background history on the couple.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

• bad checks worth a combined $2,054.58
  • Eviction from mobile home for non payment of rent (two evictions, one for AB and one for EB)
  • Both charged with communicating threats, one to two teenage girls that were neighbors. The other charge was from family members where they threatened to kill a baby girl and tried to run them off the road.
  • Both Bakers were charged with failing to return a laptop computer, a 42-inch Zenith television, a stereo and a living room suite worth $2,411.69 from a rental center.

On the rental application Baker filled out she lists her occupation as “disabled” and her monthly income as $591.

The Bakers have also not appeared for any of the court dates in the above cases.

Latest news article filed in The Australian.
Brad Norington, Washington correspondent- The Australian- October 18, 2010 12:00AM

Police get important clue as last public sighting of missing Australian girl is revealed

Mr Baker, who has been giving Hickory police lukewarm co-operation, has said the last time he saw his duaghter was at least a day earlier, and he reported her missing as soon as he found out about it.

Mr Baker did not report that his daughter was missing until about 2pm that day, when he called police, saying someone had poured petrol in his car and left a note saying they had kidnapped his boss's daughter.

He claimed it was his belief that the person who had left the note had also kidnapped Zahra.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...girl-is-revealed/story-e6frg6nf-1225939900365

Did I miss something here? Did AB ever say the above re the ransom note? That whoever left the note also kidnapped Zahra.

How long do we think Adam can float around NC without being charged, with no income, no family, and no money, before they have to arrest him or send him back to Australia (which they can't do) just curious on others thoughts on this.....I'm thinking LE will have to build a case and file charges on him fairly quickly.

You have an excellent point, just WHO is AB living with?
WHO is feeding him?
Does he have someone? some friends?
Did he move in with any of EB family???
I bet they lived pay day to payday........and by the bad checks couldn't even do that!

Has LE allowed EB/AB any contact?
How would we get the info on visitors etc????

Yes, it's been posted, but thanks for posting it again - I re-read it and noticed this:

Who is the other one?!? Why hasn't she come forth to LE? Perhaps she has but it has only been reported in the news that she was seen in the furniture store by an employee - but not that they've spoken to anyone who was with her then. If they haven't come forward to say they were with them that day, then they also must have something to hide. :furious:

Thanks for pointing that out! This is very important, it shows SOMEONE who knew the Baker family also knows Zahra was alive two weeks ago. I'm officially confused therefore that LE were saying she hadn't been seen in a month, why wouldn't AB have told LE "well, SoandSo can confirm, they were with us furniture shopping."

Not sure if I'm on board with the life insurance policy theory... HOWEVER, the timing would make sense. If most insurance companies are like mine with my term life, then if you die within two years of the policy, they investigate your death before paying out to determine if it was related to a pre-existing condition, etc. But once you hit the two-year mark, they do not investigate the death and just pay out. It's interesting that Zahra has been in the States now for almost exactly two years, correct?

Under the current circumstances, I'm sure they wouldn't get the pay out... obviously. But I'm sure whether this was accidental or planned, they didn't foresee things turning out quite like they have.

I can't see this as a life insurance scam - although with AB nothing that is going to come out about this woman is going to surprise me.

Zahra would have been in America for 2 years some time in Nov or early Dec I think.

Yowzer - the Love Zahra facebook page must be reading here. They just posted my link.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but it's some good background history on the couple.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...egal-trouble-follow-zahras-parents-ar-462500/

• bad checks worth a combined $2,054.58
  • Eviction from mobile home for non payment of rent (two evictions, one for AB and one for EB)
  • Both charged with communicating threats, one to two teenage girls that were neighbors. The other charge was from family members where they threatened to kill a baby girl and tried to run them off the road.
  • Both Bakers were charged with failing to return a laptop computer, a 42-inch Zenith television, a stereo and a living room suite worth $2,411.69 from a rental center.

On the rental application Baker filled out she lists her occupation as “disabled” and her monthly income as $591.

The Bakers have also not appeared for any of the court dates in the above cases.

WOW and thanks for info.........
NOW WHY is AB FREE to walk amgong us.
Must be a reason (for Zahra) that he hasn't been arrested.
With no money, he will write more bad checks.

AB must be receiving assistance from friends and family of EB or friendships he forged himself whilst there.

If her true income is $591 and USA doesn't really allow him to work...........
she would tell government that she supported 3 people on $591.........BIG red flag!
She would get welfare benefits as far as free health care, food stamps and whatever.
How could she afford acrylic nails? a trip to AU? and bring 2 back? $200 jackets?
4 tatoos (not cheap!) and 3 cars????
RED FLAG.........where did the money come from???? yes, drugs and local welfare did not check up on her at all.

AB must be receiving assistance from friends and family of EB or friendships he forged himself whilst there.

Purely speculation, could he have a 'lady friend".......jealousy caused EB to kill Zahra?? purely my brain thinking.............

Yes, it's been posted, but thanks for posting it again - I re-read it and noticed this:

Who is the other one?!? Why hasn't she come forth to LE? Perhaps she has but it has only been reported in the news that she was seen in the furniture store by an employee - but not that they've spoken to anyone who was with her then. If they haven't come forward to say they were with them that day, then they also must have something to hide. :furious:

This is certainly the first we have heard about another woman being with EB and Zahra that day. If this is true, that could be huge news because it indicates to me that someone other than EB knows something and did not come forward to LE right away, if at all, about being with Zahra on Sept 25th. Too bad the reporter didn't get a general description of the second woman. But I assume LE did.

This line in the story is interesting too...

Police reviewed the store's security video for their homicide investigation and said it was the last day Zahra was seen by someone other than a family member.

So perhaps there was video? Hmmm...

I think if they had pulled off the 'abducted' plan, they would have been trying to get money from various 'missing kids' foundations and charities and donations. EB just seems like the type for that.

I am sure she saw the money pour into the Anthony's, Cummings families.
Saw them live the high life to NYC, cruises, free meals and publicity and thought she and AB would live like royality.

Perhaps AB will be offered a plea deal...no charges if he testifies against EB (if she goes to trial for Zahra's death).

let's not forget HIS charges too.
from sierra @ http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/1...sas-actions-show-premeditation/#comment-79418

80 BAKER, ADAM T N/A 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0004152; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090511 NC
First Name ADAM Middle Name T Last Name BAKER
Primary Address N/A City HICKORY State NC
ZIP Code 28601 Latitude 35.748955 Longitude -81.29558
Phone Number N/A Date of Birth N/A Street 1507 21ST ST NE
Race UNKNOWN Offense Date 20090511 Court CATAWBA
Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0004152; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: Gender MALE

81 BAKER, ADAM T N/A 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0007820; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090516 NC
Race UNKNOWN Offense Date 20090516 Court CATAWBA
Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0007820; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: Gender MALE

82 BAKER, ADAM T N/A 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0008488; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090510 NC
Race UNKNOWN Offense Date 20090510 Court CATAWBA
Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0008488; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: Gender MALE

83 BAKER, ADAM T N/A 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0003950; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090510 NC

92 BAKER, ADAM 19770806 2649 INITIAL CHARGE:’FAIL RETN PROP RENTD PUR OPT; ARRAIGNED:FAIL RETN PROP RENTD PUR OPT; CONVICT: 20100310 NC
First Name ADAM Last Name BAKER Primary Address N/A
City HUDSON State NC ZIP Code 28638
Phone Number N/A Date of Birth 19770806 Street 4010 PHILLIP LANE
Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20100310 Court CALDWELL
Source State NC Offense 2649 INITIAL CHARGE:’FAIL RETN PROP RENTD PUR OPT; ARRAIGNED:FAIL RETN PROP RENTD PUR OPT; CONVICT: Disposition DISMISSAL WITH LEAVE BY DA
Gender MALE

93 BAKER, ADAM N/A 5328 INITIAL CHARGE:’COMMUNICATING THREATS; ARRAIGNED:COMMUNICATING THREATS; CONVICT: 20100513 NC
Phone Number N/A Date of Birth N/A Street 4100 PHILLIP LN
Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20100513 Court CALDWELL
Source State NC Offense 5328 INITIAL CHARGE:’COMMUNICATING THREATS; ARRAIGNED:COMMUNICATING THREATS; CONVICT: Disposition DISMISSAL WITH LEAVE BY DA
Gender MALE

94 BAKER, ADAM N/A 1388 INITIAL CHARGE:’ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON; ARRAIGNED:ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON; CONVICT: 20100513 NC
Source State NC Offense 1388 INITIAL CHARGE:’ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON; ARRAIGNED:ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON; CONVICT: Disposition DISMISSAL WITH LEAVE BY DA
Gender MALE

95 BAKER, ADAM N/A 5328 INITIAL CHARGE:’COMMUNICATING THREATS; ARRAIGNED:COMMUNICATING THREATS; CONVICT: 20100513 NC
Source State NC Offense 5328 INITIAL CHARGE:’COMMUNICATING THREATS; ARRAIGNED:COMMUNICATING THREATS; CONVICT: Disposition DISMISSAL WITH LEAVE BY DA
Gender MALE

96 BAKER, ADAM T 19770806 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0006340; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090515 NC
Primary Address N/A City HUDSON State NC
ZIP Code 28638 Phone Number N/A Date of Birth 19770806
Street 4010 PHILLIP LANE Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20090515
Court CALDWELL Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0006340; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT:
Gender MALE

97 BAKER, ADAM T 19770806 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0006486; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090520 NC
Street 4010 PHILLIP LANE Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20090520
Court CALDWELL Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0006486; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT:
Gender MALE

98 BAKER, ADAM T 19770806 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0011062; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090521 NC
Street 4010 PHILLIP LANE Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20090521
Court CALDWELL Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0011062; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT:
Gender MALE

99 BAKER, ADAM T 19770806 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0008187; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090511 NC
Street 4010 PHILLIP LANE Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20090511
Court CALDWELL Source State NC Offense 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0008187; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT:
Gender MALE

100 BAKER, ADAM T 19770806 2666 INITIAL CHARGE:’SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK 0005866; ARRAIGNED:SIMPLE WORTHLESS CHECK; CONVICT: 20090511 NC

--------looking at the numerous charges aginst the 2 of them, they both appear to be absolutely financially irresponsible.

This is great information about those charges on AB complete with addresses and dates of the offences. Can we get a list like this for EB?

I am not following Facebook, and a bit behind. Who is KB?

It seems to be Zahra's grandmother, Karen Baker, and I agree getting sucked into internet squabbles on FB in what must be an appalling emotional state isn't doing her any favours.

Hi y'all,

I'm a Hickory native and have been lurking since this tragedy began. I decided to post to clear up some of your speculation regarding the landlord, MC, as he is a close personal friend of mine.

He is a respected businessman in Hickory with numerous friends and his only involvement in this case is simply as the Bakers' current landlord. He does have a college age daughter who was a college athlete and a redheaded teenage son. His son has been caught smoking weed on multiple occasions (common for teens growing up in Hickory) and this has caused his dad much distress. MC wears his emotions on his sleeve and likely mentioned his son's troubles to either EB or AB at some point. His son and daughter have had no contact with EB or AB and MC is puzzled as to why his family was mentioned in the ransom note. I can see EB having a grudge against MC as he suffers fools poorly

Also, MC's landscaping company is very small (<5 employees) and does not offer any benefits.

I've personally met EB on 2 occasions briefly and this community( WS) has her pegged perfectly. She is a chronically angry person and likely has severe psychological disorders.

Hello nsr, thanks for posting and welcome to Websleuths. I am the speculator and with the news article and yourself posting it appears MC has been a stand up guy to the Bakers. I too am puzzled why she used his name in the ransom note.

I had thought they were under extreme financial pressure but that does not appear to be the case. Their total legal complaints are less than $5,000.

I'm curious about AB's work hours as he seemed to be working at night sometimes. I'm wondering if you can discuss his work schedule some.

Thanks again for posting, local people posting are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member