17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/02/2779667/zimmermans-attorney-trayvons-social.html

But he hinted that if Zimmerman’s postings will be scrutinized in court, Trayvon Martin’s would be too

“I always assume they are going to attack the victim,” Crump said when told of O’Mara’s statement Wednesday. “What part of what I said wasn’t true? You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see the behavior pattern. Zimmerman is on trial for murder: His credibility is at issue, his mentality is at issue.”

In March, conservative bloggers discovered Trayvon had a Twitter account, where he looked older and wore gold covers on his teeth. He often retweeted crude jokes riddled with foul language and posted offensive lyrics to popular rap songs.

Has this Twitter account been authenticated and verified to be Trayvon's? We were not allowed to reference the content of any of Zimmerman's various accounts until they were verified to actually belonging to him.

I've seen many references to the content of Trayvon's account although it hasn't been authenticated to my knowledge. It seems to be a bit of a double standard, IMO.

Could we get a ruling from one of the mods on this?

Why shouldn't he call his dad? What's wrong with a parent being present after an arrest. I have seen that a zillion times. Talk about an over reaction on eveyone's part.

This judge is not supposed to sit before a trial with any defendant who was ever arrested previously in Orange County.

And the defendant, unlike most, is not allowed to call his father and have him come and talk to the investigators. Which is odd, because the cops usually always interview the family in cases like this.

A minor has a parent present, not an adult...an adult stands on his own two feet, doesn't need to have daddy present and I'm surprised it was allowed...

That makes me believe, special consideration was given to the ex magistrate and his son...

Oh geesh...I believe if his wife was the one who prosecuted GZ back in 2005, the right thing to do is recuse yourself so that there is no appearance of a conflict of interest...

It appears the attorney's in Florida are in the same circle...how can they avoid a conflict of interest, remove yourself....

I didn't read that SHE prosecuted GZ. I read she worked in the same office.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/02/2779667/zimmermans-attorney-trayvons-social.html

In March, conservative bloggers discovered Trayvon had a Twitter account, where he looked older and wore gold covers on his teeth. He often retweeted crude jokes riddled with foul language and posted offensive lyrics to popular rap songs.

His email was hacked by white supremacists, although most of the material found there was related to plans for college. Several other widely circulated photos that appeared to show Trayvon looking like a were proven to be fakes. Other sites posted screen grabs of a few comments Trayvon’s friends made on Facebook and Twitter that they interpreted to suggest that the dead teen sold marijuana and was violent.

The social media accounts were considered damaging to Trayvon’s family, because they gave the appearance that his parents had deliberately distributed photos that showed him looking angelic and considerably younger.

Crump wondered whether O’Mara’s unwillingness to discuss Zimmerman’s social media account means he is backing off the digital social network strategy the defense attorney launched last week that included Twitter, a Facebook page and a blog.

O’Mara said he began his foray into social media in part to respond to the avalanche of emails and phone calls that were overwhelming his office. He also said it would be irresponsible to ignore the robust debate taking place online about his client.

Within an hour of posting his statement on Zimmerman’s Myspace account on Facebook, 20 people had replied.

“People don’t want Trayvon’s past looked into, but it’s OK to do it to Zimmerman?” wrote Dave Brown. “Hypocrite.”

I'm 37 years old. If I ever found myself in legal trouble, my first call would be to my parents.

I see nothing out of the ordinary with GZ calling his father.

JMO

A minor has a parent present, not an adult...an adult stands on his own two feet, doesn't need to have daddy present and I'm surprised it was allowed...

That makes me believe, special consideration was given to the ex magistrate and his son...

I've followed more trials that I can count and watched many episodes of "The First 48", a program that follows actual police/detectives . Of course, the person being charged or detained has a right to call whomever they chose. But not once have I ever heard of a 28 year old man calling his daddy. And, more specifically, not when the father is an ex-magistrate Judge. It does seem rather... well, unusual or odd - at best.

This is my own personal opinion, of course.

Why would the judge even know at that point, that the defendant MIGHT have had previous cases YEARS AGO in another county? The fact that he didn't know makes me think it is meaningless.

Homicide prosecutors only work very serious cases, nothing like the minor ones that GZ previously had.

I'm really not understanding something. There was a huge almost scandal in a previous thread because ACorey went to the same law school as the judge years ago, further back than this by about fifteen years or so, and people were calling for either the judge to recuse himself or for ACorey to be off of the case. But now the judge's wife, only about seven years ago, maybe have been involved in GZ's prior cases, and that is just fine? So a more recent and definitely more related incident is a-okay, but the judge and ACorey being in the same law school about what, twenty years ago, is cause for concern? :waitasec:

Am I the only one confused by this?

I'm 37 years old. If I ever found myself in legal trouble, my first call would be to my parents.

JMO

Mine too.

I believe I would instantly be reverted back to childhood in referring to them as "mommy" and "daddy" too.

A judge is not allowed to take former CHARGES into account. He only takes GUILTY VERDICTS into account.

<respectfully snipped>

Not true. :)

At a bond hearing, the judge tries to determine whether the public will be safe if accused murderer is free and can he be trusted not to flee. Judge Lester DID consider George's violent episodes & determined they were no big deal, that his assault on a cop at a bar was common in the UCF corridor and his domestic violence wasn&#8217;t important since he/she both filed restraining orders. His ruling was that George&#8217;s past violence didn&#8217;t matter regarding bond for the murder case.

When someone takes a plea, it doesn&#8217;t &#8216;erase&#8217; what they did from their records. George took a plea to reduce his 2 felonies to a misdemeanor then a diversion program, it didn't mean he didn't do what he was accused of and in fact his violent behavior is still on his record, just not as felony convictions.

:moo: :moo:

I'm really not understanding something. There was a huge almost scandal in a previous thread because ACorey went to the same law school as the judge years ago, further back than this by about fifteen years or so, and people were calling for either the judge to recuse himself or for ACorey to be off of the case. But now the judge's wife, only about seven years ago, maybe have been involved in GZ's prior cases, and that is just fine? So a more recent and definitely more related incident is a-okay, but the judge and ACorey being in the same law school about what, twenty years ago, is cause for concern? :waitasec:

Am I the only one confused by this?

I don't remember a scandal.

LOL!

Some implied that Lester and O'Mara were BFF's and others said that perhaps the prosecutor and Lester are BFF's too.

Maybe they're all BFF's.

:eek:ddsmiley:

IDK...as a grown person, responsible for my own life, I don't think my first call would be to my parents. That just feels like he was still to dependent on them to me.

Mr Z denies telling anyone he was a retired magistrate but I betcha GZ did! He included that tidbit in his application letter to the Citizens Police Academy. I think he has prolly dropped that info about RZsr in the other incidences. I know I would if I had a knack for getting myself into pickles with the law! LOLZ!

moo

wm

Has this Twitter account been authenticated and verified to be Trayvon's? We were not allowed to reference the content of any of Zimmerman's various accounts until they were verified to actually belonging to him.

I've seen many references to the content of Trayvon's account although it hasn't been authenticated to my knowledge. It seems to be a bit of a double standard, IMO.

Could we get a ruling from one of the mods on this?

Here is a ruling from ~8 hours ago.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7866172&postcount=2647"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35[/ame]

Thanks, here is the link from that post:

What Trayvon Martin&#8217;s tweets say about himBy Deborah Acosta

While online critics say Trayvon Martin&#8217;s digital footprint reveals a violent streak, his Twitter feed shows that he was a typical teen.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/...social-media.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

IDK...as a grown person, responsible for my own life, I don't think my first call would be to my parents. That just feels like he was still to dependent on them to me.

I don't think one knows who they would first call until they're in that situation.

Many of the most independent people call their parents first at any sign of trouble because it's their parents who they normally trust the most.

JMO!

ETA:

I got in a bit of trouble when I was 20 and I called my aunt. I never heard the end of that from my parents. They were upset that I didn't trust them enough to have called them first.

JMO

Mine too.

I believe I would instantly be reverted back to childhood in referring to them as "mommy" and "daddy" too.

Big difference in calling your parents due to an arrest and to have your parent present during the interview or interrogation. I believe it's unheard of for an adult to have a parent present during a police interview or interrogation...

Don't understand the splitting of hairs and all that GZ does is fine by some..

I also don't understand being argumentative...all opinions are welcome and should be debated <modsnip>

Some folks are closer to their parents than others, no matter the age. My sister to this day calls my mother every day. She is in her 30's. I can guarantee you if something happened, the first or second call (first being her husband) would be to Mom and I'm positive if it was the 2nd call it would quickly follow the first.

I wouldn't call her being dependent on my parents.

I'd be calling a lawyer.

I'd be calling a lawyer.

I dunno, public opinion seems to lean that anyone who calls a lawyer right off the bat must be automatically guilty despite the fact everyone is entitled to representation.

Some folks are closer to their parents than others, no matter the age. My sister to this day calls my mother every day. She is in her 30's. I can guarantee you if something happened, the first or second call (first being her husband) would be to Mom and I'm positive if it was the 2nd call it would quickly follow the first.

I wouldn't call her being dependent on my parents.

I talk to my 30 and 32 yo daughters daily. And usually my son...but I still think that most grown up, responsible adults would first call their SO and/or a lawyer. Sure they would talk to their parents about it, but after they had already started taking care of it themselves.

eta: 30 yo daughter on the phone, I asked her what she would do. She said first call hubby, then lawyer, then brother and sister. She said I would be the last person she wanted to tell cause she didn't want an arse chewing. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288