CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those boots could be second hand from a Salvation Army or Goodwill. They probably cost about $90 from MWW new. Just saying, they might not be directly from the store they are sold at.

There are over 20 Marks within an hours drive of Orangeville

I am wondering if the boots are (CSA) steel toed or not. If they are not ,chances are they do not belong to a worker,but a "poser." I think they also are sold at Canadian Tire.

I am wondering if the boots are (CSA) steel toed or not. If they are not ,chances are they do not belong to a worker,but a "poser." I think they also are sold at Canadian Tire.

It just depends. I mean, I am NOT required to wear steel toed boots at work, yet for a long time I did. So, who really knows?

:twocents:

Hoppy

I doubt that Canadian Tire sells these boots even though Marks is owned by them.

These are exclusive brands for Marks.

It just depends. I mean, I am NOT required to wear steel toed boots at work, yet for a long time I did. So, who really knows?

:twocents:

Hoppy

A lot of the younger generation wear steel toed boots even though they are not employed.

size 10 or 11 Wind River or Dakota boots

450_shoes_100908.jpg

web-orangeville-_867202gm-l.jpg

web-orangeville-_867227gm-l.jpg

OPP officers present the style of boots that they say may help them find the killer of an Orangeville woman

Don't know why they specify a size 10 or 11.

Most work boots also come in half sizes also.

10, 10 1/2, 11

A lot of the younger generation wear steel toed boots even though they are not employed.

Odd to wear boots for style in the heat of the summer. Probably really was a worker or someone out to commit a crime (premeditation).

Don't know why they specify a size 10 or 11.

Most work boots also come in half sizes also.

10, 10 1/2, 11

They could have a print in the house from a blood stain and measured it.

We are Orangeville residents and are shocked, sad and scared by the recent events. We are a small community and many of us like Sonia left our doors unlocked from time to time. Everything changes now. As I read through some of these threads I see faults, just unfamiliarity with our area I assume, like the map above. I drove by the location today, Police are still walking the length of Highway 9 between St Andrews rd and Mountainview Rd looking for evidence as of 3pm today. It makes my heart ache to think of her family and friends and what they are going through. Also her cat Jasmine who is still missing.

With what has been said on the news tonight I think that this person did this vicious crime then took her in her own car to dispose of her and drove back to Orangeville, parked behind town hall, tried to clean the car up in the dark and left on foot. I hope the OPP and OPD have been viewing ALL the video surveilance in town.

With what has been said on the news tonight I think that this person did this vicious crime then took her in her own car to dispose of her and drove back to Orangeville, parked behind town hall, tried to clean the car up in the dark and left on foot. I hope the OPP and OPD have been viewing ALL the video surveilance in town.

That is the part that makes no sense to me. Why not leave her in the home? Why did the perp take such a risk?

btw: Welcome

I note that you mentioned that you are a resident of Orangeville...do you know if there are Red Light Cameras at the intersections of Broadway&10 or 10 & 9 where the person would in all likelihood have driven in order to get to the site where the remains were found?

Odd to wear boots for style in the heat of the summer. Probably really was a worker or someone out to commit a crime (premeditation).

That's what I was thinking too. It was very hot and humid that weekend to be making a fashion statement in steel toed boots but then I wondered what kind of job would have someone either returning from or going to work at that time on a Sunday night/Monday morning. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member