Why did the WM3 do it?

Second cousin is what I read too, and that murder wasn't a spur of the moment thrill kill either, it was pre-meditated and planned for up to 6 months in advance. Its not at all the same type of crime that the prosecution alleges happened here. And even with all the planning, they had to resort to someone who one of them knew because it was easier, and they were young and inexperienced killers.

Cappucino, you and I will never agree about Leopold and Loeb or the WM3. But I truly respect your opinions here about the WM3 case. You would make an excellent attorney.

Peace.

Thank you. :) And I must say I always enjoy reading your posts too.

Wouldn't all serial killers murders basically be thrill kills? That's what makes them so frightening and evil, they kill their fellow humans for the pure fun of it. Fortunately though, they're the rarest type of killer, despite all the attention they get in the media.

When they do happen the people most at risk of a serial killer are those at the margins of society - prostitutes, homeless people, drug addicts, drifters. Children can of course fall prey to one, as can anyone else, but its rare.

When a child under 12 is murdererd, in the majority of cases the killer is a parent, step parent or someone else close to the child.

It would seem that way to us, that all serial killings are thrill killings, but some serial killers can't stop themselves, and actually hate what they are doing. I'm reminded of a statement a serial killer, William Heirens, wrote in lipstick on a mirror in a victim's house, "For heaven's sake, catch me before I kill more. I cannot control myself." Doesn't sound like he was too thrilled about committing the murders he had. He was begging to be stopped, and yet wouldn't turn himself in.

I thought an excerpt from this article might explain it better than I can.

"One type of serial killer is the Visionary Serial Killer. People in this category usually hear voices that instruct the killer to execute other human beings. These killers are usually psychotic or schizophrenic. David Berkowitz, also known as the Son of Sam, is an example of a visionary serial killer.

A second type of serial killer is the Missionary Serial Killer. This type of killer often feels as if he or she has a responsibility or a special mission to rid the world of a certain specified group of people. Charles Manson would be classified under this category.

A third type of serial killer is the Lust Killer. The lust killer is often driven to kill due to a sexual motivation.

A fourth subgroup of serial killers is known as a Thrill Killer. A thrill killer takes lives because they enjoy the experience of killing.

A fifth sort of serial killer is the Power Seeker Killer, a person who enjoys having total control over
the fate of their victim.

One of the last kinds of serial killers is the Gain Serial Killer. A gain killer is one who kills to gain money or items they believe to be valuable."

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...44e9vF&sig=AHIEtbQ40lgQ2A0l93qNZRr63PTA_ezTGg

It would seem that way to us, that all serial killings are thrill killings, but some serial killers can't stop themselves, and actually hate what they are doing. I'm reminded of a statement a serial killer, William Heirens, wrote in lipstick on a mirror in a victim's house, "For heaven's sake, catch me before I kill more. I cannot control myself." Doesn't sound like he was too thrilled about committing the murders he had. He was begging to be stopped, and yet wouldn't turn himself in.

I thought an excerpt from this article might explain it better than I can.

"One type of serial killer is the Visionary Serial Killer. People in this category usually hear voices that instruct the killer to execute other human beings. These killers are usually psychotic or schizophrenic. David Berkowitz, also known as the Son of Sam, is an example of a visionary serial killer.

A second type of serial killer is the Missionary Serial Killer. This type of killer often feels as if he or she has a responsibility or a special mission to rid the world of a certain specified group of people. Charles Manson would be classified under this category.

A third type of serial killer is the Lust Killer. The lust killer is often driven to kill due to a sexual motivation.

A fourth subgroup of serial killers is known as a Thrill Killer. A thrill killer takes lives because they enjoy the experience of killing.

A fifth sort of serial killer is the Power Seeker Killer, a person who enjoys having total control over
the fate of their victim.

One of the last kinds of serial killers is the Gain Serial Killer. A gain killer is one who kills to gain money or items they believe to be valuable."

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...44e9vF&sig=AHIEtbQ40lgQ2A0l93qNZRr63PTA_ezTGg

That quote from Damien is enough to send chills down my spine.

That quote from Damien is enough to send chills down my spine.

IMO, he was being sarcastic. Listen to the clip instead of just reading it and I think you'll see what I mean. (I have looked for a video clip of this exchange, but PL1 has been pulled from YouTube. I'll continue to look to see if I can find and post video of the "boogey man" remark.) As I have said many times, I've heard much worse from teenagers in parent-teacher conferences.

Ok. Here's the motive. Holcomb told investigators Damien told her that he had never killed anyone but wondered what it would feel like.

I've often wondered what it would feel like to kill someone too, but I'd never want to find out the hard way, still less drag my best friend and a casual acquaintance into a horrible triple child homicide.

Ok. Here's the motive. Holcomb told investigators Damien told her that he had never killed anyone but wondered what it would feel like.

First, as a former girlfriend, Deanna's stories could easily be just that - stories with very little substance.

Second, as Cappuccino said, thinking about it isn't doing it.

First, I have never thought about such an evil thing. I can't relate.

Second, her story may be true. You have no reason to impeach her.

There is no way that everyone involved lied except Damien. That defies logic. It makes me said all the innocent people who's characters have been assassinated for no good reason. The 3 were convicted, the 3 pled guilty.

First, I have never thought about such an evil thing. I can't relate.

The fact that you can't relate is probably why you mistakenly see that statement as so evil. Basically, wondering what its like to do something is not the same thing as wanting to do it. I've often wondered what it feels like to be a bird and fly around the sky, but I don't particularly want to grow feathers and lay eggs.

This is the problem with taking someone's story about what someone else said as if it were evidence of anything. You have no idea of the original context in which it was said, or the intent or meaning of the person's words. This also highlights one of the problems referred in the link I posted earlier about teenagers being in a high risk category for false convictions. Its not just that teens are more likely to make false confessions, its also that many of the witnesses used against them are their peers, and teens are more likely to make false witness statements against each other too.

I've often wondered about the two teens who four days after the bodies were found went to California. They really weren't interrogated enough, imo. And when I say enough I don't mean to get some false confession.

I just mean the investigation was bout as much as when they investigated Mr. Bojangles. The Police Dept still had the beady eyes on the WM3 no matter what.

Then maybe they are more likely to lie in general. Damien lied constantly.

I have wondered what many things would be like. But not to take a life. I don't think that's normal.

Then maybe they are more likely to lie in general. Damien lied constantly.

Yes, they are more likely to lie in general, especially when being led by an adult authority figure, and often for reasons which make no sense to the adult world.

I have wondered what many things would be like. But not to take a life. I don't think that's normal.

Its perfectly normal. Wanting to do it isn't, but wondering about the extremes of human behaviour and various kinds of evil is perfectly normal.

I know I could kill to protect ,myself ,my children or someone else. I have never wondered what it would feel like . I just know I could kill for those reasons. I have however wondered how things lead into senceless murder. I guess it depends on how your thinking about such a subject, like plotting a nameless murder, v/s wondering if you could get anyway with murder, which would determine normal or abnormal.

I would think wondering what it "feels' like seems a bit more carnal due to the personal nature of what it means to "feel''.

Believe it or not, Damien is a very sensitive person. As a teenager, he would have wondered about a lot of things. I think you may be placing too much emphasis on the word "feel." That was just Damien's way of talking.

Many of us might have said, "I wonder what it's like to kill someone." Because he is sensitive, Damien inserted the word that seems to be a stumbling block for you. I don't see it as blood lust at all. As Cappuccino said, without actually hearing the statement, we have no way of knowing the manner in which it was said, the circumstances under which it was said and whether or not the statement was made sarcastically.

As to Deanna Holcomb, as I have said before, she is a former girlfriend. We don't know her motive for making this statement. She may have been angry about losing Damien. She may have been being sarcastic herself. She may have been looking for her fifteen minutes. Again, without audio, oftentimes people's words can be misinterpreted.

We don't know whether he did even say the word feel, so I wouldn't get hung up on it. Deanna was recounting a conversation she'd had about a year previously, who knows whether she remembered the exact words he used correctly, she's not Marvo the Memory Woman, after all.

I wonder what would have been the motive for beating Stevie Branch around the face, and not the other two victims? I gather attacking someone in the face is indicative of a personal connection or a specific personal hatred and anger at the victim.

We don't know whether he did even say the word feel, so I wouldn't get hung up on it. Deanna was recounting a conversation she'd had about a year previously, who knows whether she remembered the exact words he used correctly, she's not Marvo the Memory Woman, after all.

I wonder what would have been the motive for beating Stevie Branch around the face, and not the other two victims? I gather attacking someone in the face is indicative of a personal connection or a specific personal hatred and anger at the victim.

I will always wonder why if Jason had a knife why weren't the boys all stabbed to death?Why beat them with fists and sticks if you can use a knife?

I personally don't think there was a knife involved unless it was Stevie's pocket knife used to cut on the shoelace.

Sorry Capp...I don't know why my copied quote from you is all screwed up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back