TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger things have happened. Besides, were you there? Do you know how "casual" it was? Or is it second and third hand like all the info? And what's the diff between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man and a weapon?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Who wears flip flops to school? I don't know, not being from Tennessee. Maybe this is standard dress? Maybe a dress-down day since there was a test?

Stranger things have happened. Besides, were you there? Do you know how "casual" it was? Or is it second and third hand like all the info? And what's the diff between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man and a weapon?

No need to get snarky Her brother said they walked side by side into the woods and he only thought she was in danger after the neighbour showed up and even then, he was still convinced it was Drew and the blood was turkey so yes, I would consider his account of the events as a casual stroll into the woods with her boyfriend to look at dead turkeys.

Yes, there is a huge difference between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man with a weapon especially if there was a struggle of some sort considering blood was found in the carport.

But of course, this case is so bizarre in itself with the perp kneeling with Holly in the carport so who knows. Maybe he let her take her lunchbag and walked slowly with her so she wouldn't lose her flipflops.

One would be more prone to wear flip-flops inside and not to school - did Holly first encounter the perp inside then and was subsequently taken without time allowed for tying her shoes on? If so, though, why'd she have all the other stuff - cell phone, lunch "wallet," etc.?

I feel I knew more about this case the first day I read about it than I do now - not in terms of details, but just having an idea as to what took place early on.

FWIW

Flip flops seem to be the footwear of choice for young college age women, no matter the weather. I overheard one 18 yo say they were "casual cute". Anyways, I imagine that Holly wanted to look cute walking from her car to class across campus and then would change into "appropriate" footwear for the nursing program if she had actual class that day (labs). If all they were doing was testing, maybe the footwear didn't matter.

So I think she was probably walking out to her car- not surprised in the house.

One would be more prone to wear flip-flops inside and not to school - did Holly first encounter the perp inside then and was subsequently taken without time allowed for tying her shoes on? If so, though, why'd she have all the other stuff - cell phone, lunch "wallet," etc.?

I feel I knew more about this case the first day I read about it than I do now - not in terms of details, but just having an idea as to what took place early on.

Well if we believe the initial release by TBI it was a home invasion. :crosseyed:

Well if we believe the initial release by TBI it was a home invasion. :crosseyed:
Yes, meant to throw that factoid in my post but became confused thinking about this whole thing and wound up in kitchen making a sandwich instead, lol.

If we are to believe the narration of the events of the morning Holly's abduction...she communicated to her friend that she was putting on her shoes.MOO

10-8-2010
Jackson Sun

Family and. Friends reconstruct events leading up to Holly's abduction
<snipped>
Right after Karen left, Holly spoke on the phone with Hannah Reece, her friend and fellow nursing
student. Reece was the last of Holly&#8217;s classmates to speak with her.&#8220;I knew Holly before I started the nursing program, but at the start of the year she was just a nursing classmate,&#8221; Reese said.&#8220;By April, she was like my best friend.&#8221;
The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning.
Reece&#8217;s cell phone signal was weak.&#8220;So around 7 o&#8217;clock I called her on her cell phone from my
house phone,&#8221; she said. Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her
shoes
on and said goodbye.&#8220;All right, Weece,&#8221; Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname,
I&#8217;ll see you. Love you.

Now,this is consistent with what I would expect a nursing student would wear. There are all kinds of reasons that a nurse in training,would be expected to wear closed toe shoes. Foremost,is tripping in flip flops and futher injuring your patient. Health professional's
for hygienic reasons .....(i.e. working with bodily fluids,risk of spreading disease,infecting patients wounds,contamination of all kinds in a sterile setting)would make it suspect,a nursing
student,would be allowed to go to the classroom (in nursing school)for any reason in an open toed shoe. Isn't that why they're in nursing school to develop good habits for their eventual profession. MOO

Where'd the "black flip-flops" info come from in the first place? Was that from Clint? The NCMEC description of what Holly was wearing when she disappeared still does not include mention of any sort of footwear whatsoever.

Where'd the "black flip-flops" info come from in the first place? Was that from Clint? The NCMEC description of what Holly was wearing when she disappeared still does not include mention of any sort of footwear whatsoever.

No clue. I'm guessing Clint or Karen. Clint as the eye witness or Karen as the mom who may have noticed her black flip flops missing.

If we are to believe the narration of the events of the morning Holly's abduction...she communicated to her friend that she was putting on her shoes.MOO

10-8-2010
Jackson Sun

Family and. Friends reconstruct events leading up to Holly's abduction
<snipped>
Right after Karen left, Holly spoke on the phone with Hannah Reece, her friend and fellow nursing
student. Reece was the last of Holly’s classmates to speak with her.“I knew Holly before I started the nursing program, but at the start of the year she was just a nursing classmate,” Reese said.“By April, she was like my best friend.”
The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning.
Reece’s cell phone signal was weak.“So around 7 o’clock I called her on her cell phone from my
house phone,” she said. Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her
shoes
on and said goodbye.“All right, Weece,” Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname,
I’ll see you. Love you.

Now,this is consistent with what I would expect a nursing student would wear. There are all kinds of reasons that a nurse in training,would be expected to wear closed toe shoes. Foremost,is tripping in flip flops and futher injuring your patient. Health professional's
for hygienic reasons .....(i.e. working with bodily fluids,risk of spreading disease,infecting patients wounds,contamination of all kinds in a sterile setting)would make it suspect,a nursing
student,would be allowed to go to the classroom (in nursing school)for any reason in an open toed shoe. Isn't that why they're in nursing school to develop good habits for their eventual profession. MOO

Yes I agree but I already got poo poo'd over and over about the flip flops and how it's not unusal for kids to wear flip flops to school even in winter months.

What do I know. I live in cold country and have never seen kids wear flip flops in the snow but I was told some do.

Who wears flip flops to school? I don't know, not being from Tennessee. Maybe this is standard dress? Maybe a dress-down day since there was a test?

BBM

I wouldn't be afraid to say 1/2 the people I went to school with & 1/2 the kids at my daughter's school. (guys included)

Most of the kids at my daughter's school wear flip flops (Rainbows, mainly) until it gets around 55 degrees, then they switch up to whatever winter boots are "in" that year.

This is what I was meant to say, that nursing students have a dress code and footwear would be lace up shoes. I do not believe Holly was allowed to wear open toed shoes. Sure,if there were not rules in their nursing handbook(syllabus ) . I am sure many students ...nursing or other wise would wear flp flops. That is why her friend Reese said Holly was putting on her shoes (I think she wore lace up tennis shoes.) So I call BS on her wearing flip flops on the way to her classroom exam.MOO

Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program Campuses

Barbara W. Avent, B.S.N., R.N. Program Coordinator

424-0691, Ext 120

TENNESSEE TECHNOLOGY CENTER @ JACKSON

2468 Technology Center Drive, Jackson, TN 38301 731-424-0691
Ms. Lana Pierce, Interim Director

Mrs. Helen Riggs, A.D.N., R.N., Instructor, Parsons Campus

Ms. Heather Collazo, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Faculty, Parsons, Campus

Dress Code
During classroom hours students may wear casual clothing that projects a non-offensive appearance to a diverse population. Clothing must cover the tops of the shoulders, cleavage, back, stomach and thighs.

*Uniforms are to be clean, wrinkle-free, and in good repair. Dresses are to be worn knee- length. Shoes and laces are to be clean, polished, and in good repair. Students are expected to bathe daily and exhibit non-offensive personal hygiene in classroom and clinical.

*Complete uniform is worn with appropriate skin tone undergarments and plain white hose, knee-hi or trouser socks in all clinical areas except when given other
instructions by the instructor. Complete uniform includes hospital photo ID badge (where applicable) and name tag.

*Hair is to be worn neat, clean, and off the collar. Extreme hair fashion, hair coloring and/or ornaments are not permitted.*

Trying to think, in all these threads for Holly did we ever get caught up in discussing her flip-flops?
Keep in mind, she was going in for tests that day...
The school she went to was an extension, not a main campus.

Trying to think, in all these threads for Holly did we ever get caught up in discussing her flip-flops?

:deadhorse: I hope you do not think I am a broken record.

The handbook includes the Parsons Extention Campus. This syllabus is a PDF which I copied and pasted in my post #133 MOO

It specifically mentions in the beginning of the LPN handbook at the Parsons Extention Campus the dress code. The administrators of the LPN program listted in the handbook are Mrs. Helen Riggs, A.D.N., R.N., Instructor, Parsons Campus and Ms. Heather Collazo, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Faculty, Parsons, Campus.

Exactly, thank you. The post above says that casual clothes can be worn to class, but that lacing shoes must be worn with uniforms. There is clearly a difference between classroom and clinical attire. And we know Holly was taking a test that morning.

This wasn't the middle of winter. We're talking April in Tennessee, right? April in Ohio is a little dicier - it could be 80 degrees, or it could be snowing, you never know. But on warm April days in college, flip flops to class was not at all unusual.

OldSteve, your rule of three has really got me thinking.....

This post just got me to re-thinking about a very early theory that none of the items that were eventually found actually left the house area attached to Holly. The theory is she dropped ALL of them there outside of the house, and the perp is the one who took them and then scattered them later on.

The reason I had kept thinking this may be the case is because.....

Assuming she was just going to the car to warm it up or maybe take some things out to the car like the backpack, of which most people would never wear a backpack to their car, but carry it to the car. Then the theory is she gets confronted by either a friend or stranger, and there is some sort of fight/argument/etc. She drops ALL of her things of course during the confrontation. After the confrontation, she is in no condition to carry anything, and probably does not even care about going to class anymore because she may have been seriously hurt + semi-concious, so the theory is he would have been the one to take the items from the house area.

If we assume the items that were found were all planted, rather than tossed by Holly, then the perp obviously had those items in his possession during the planting, so the theory goes that the perp also was the one picking up the items and carrying them away from the house area.

We did the whole flip-flop argument a year ago...and solved nothing. JMO

Well DUH!
LOL!! Thanks TXLady, that's funny! ....but I don't think I am that dumb to think ALL missing young women have been taken be one Guy, your right he would have be REALLLLLY OLD.

I just meant some of the cases recently with similar set of circumstances.
Of course you are right in thinking they may already have a suspect and are closing in as we speak. My Post was a "what if" kinda post

Sorry, not my intention to offend you. I was just pointing out that there are similarities in a lot of cases of missing persons. And the same guy could have abducted quite a few of them, then another could have been responsible for several more and on and on. I was just making the point that even though there are similarities, the two states are pretty far apart, so I can't see a connection.
There are serial killers who target certain types of women, though, and there is never a shortage of these thugs running around, so the possibility that this guy who took Holly has done this before... yes, it's something to think about. But since they've got the perp who kidnapped Sierra in custody, I guess we can put that one to rest.

Would it be far out to think that with all the similarities in these cases that, in spite of finding a connection there be a perfectly reasonable link...the internet...think about it, we all know people from all over the world can talk to one another in a millisecond, we all know the evils that lurk on the web, from hacking, illegal pirating, groups in which pedophiles and such communicate and can go undetected. Now you have Facebook, you have millions of people at your fingertips, now suppose there's groups out there who have their own "forums" where they cab discuss the girls the see on Facebook...they could trade info from one end of the country to the other...they could be giving each other tips on how to do it, when to do it, ways in which to dispose of the bodies. Because its more than a coincidence that with all these cases take place and all details are similar. Without law enforcement knowing where to start as far as looking into these groups, it would be easy for the abductors to switch it up and find a new place on the web to plot. Facebook as of lately seems to be a common thread that these girls all share, and it wouldnt be hard for someone to create a sock puppet account and get live details about the whereabouts of these girls and then strike. The key to catching the bad guys would to catch one and do everything possible to dig deeper than deep into any online activity....if LE could gain that knowledge than other cases could follow suit and be solved.

You're absolutely right... the internet is full of groups like you described. I read a book recently about an online group of pedophiles who traded ID's sometimes so they could go undetected while they went about their "business" of stalking and raping young children. It was fiction, of course, but still we know that fiction is sometimes based on real events. And if one were to be curious, I'm sure you could google key words and find these groups and do a little reading. It would startle some people to realize the things you can find on the internet today.

I have always believed that the guy who took Holly was, if not well known, at least a casual acquaintance of hers. Someone who she had encountered in her daily life who developed a crush on her and it went from there.

The Sierra case is very sad, but it also gives us more insight. However, I'm pursuing another course here, welcome or not.

A few observations, if I may:

1) Religion. I see more makeup and provocative clothing than many “religious” young ladies would be wearing. I could be wrong. Maybe “today’s” culture, which would be somewhat at odds with the good Christian religion, sees this as fine. I freely admit, I do not know, simply an observation.

2) What young man, Holly’s brother, calls his mother at work, to ask what’s up with the voices outside their home? Like, he couldn’t go out and look? He twenty some odd years old. Wazzup with that?

3) What mother, being called at work about voices/girl friend and boy friend, with a “turkey” in the middle, tells her son to get the gun? Wazzup with that?

4) What brother, seeing his sister moving on into the woods with her boy friend thinks it will be a “while” before we see her again?

5) What mother collects donatations from wherever and says they are for her daughter’s “vacation”?

6) What bunch of intelligent people sit here and wonder what is going on? US? I guess maybe.

Something STINKS to me.

IF, it were allowed, and I understand why it isn’t, I’ll betcha there would be a lot of good ideas on this case.

MY OPINION ONLY, JUST A FEW OBSERVATIONS, IF I MAY?

Let me add, there are many triads, but triads are good, one just has to find the right combo - I did leave a few out.

I'm not even going to respond to some of your questions because they're all good points. But I can respond to the point about religion. There are certain Christian faiths here in the South that no longer frown on makeup, like they did 50 years ago. Baptists and Methodists come to mind, because I was raised Baptist and my older two sons joined the Methodist church with their wives. Most young women wear lots of makeup, but when I was growing up, my parents were a bit more conservative and wouldn't allow it. Not because it went against their faith, but because my dad said no daughter of his was going to make themselves up to look like a hooker. He didn't use that word, but I can't type the correct one. I was also not allowed to wear shorts any place other than at home. And the school forbid girls to wear jeans or pants of any kind, other than pep rally days. Now they wear anything to school.
We do have some churches here in the South that still preach against makeup and provacative clothes, but their rules seem to be relaxing all the time, because you can see eye makeup on the teens and young women, whereas 50 years ago, that was forbidden. They would have been kicked out of the church. Parents, too, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288