Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
:fireworks2:
Hi all I have watched and followed since thread one and really enjoy the constructive and well thought our theories. I am also impressed with the integrity and behavior of most of the posters.

I am a local and neighbour of ABC and my daughter and I have followed this case with interest and with sadness. My daughter is a bit of an amateur sleuth!!

My daughter has just got back from uni and as she passed the Indooroopilly Police Station she saw GBCs car parked at the front in the car park.

She knows that it is his car because she saw him driving it at Kenmore Village shops last week and she has seen it parked in front of the rental property in Brookfield last week. A gold non metallic 4 wheel drive.

I wonder if this is finally the statement that we have all been waiting for???!!

fromhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

Might be a little to soon :fireworks2: Get some more practice.

Good post Fergie.

I tend to analyse every word a reporter says, I'm sure they don't realise how we hang on to what they say and how careful they need to be in the words they use.
Even in the above report I wondered at the words "last piece of the puzzle from the post mortem exam"
I would have thought "LATEST" would be the word they should have used. There must be still other tests they are waiting on surely.
I just find it frustrating and no wonder we all get confused.

I was going over earlier couriermail reports 28/april and found one word that stood out but we dont know if it was from police or media.
I wont post link but youll find it on page 4 of this thread it said
MR Baden Clay remained (SEQUESTERED) at his parents house .

Found this link with meaning of sequestered

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sequester

More on sequestration

http://www.jaapl.org/content/32/4/447.full.pdf

I was going over earlier couriermail reports 28/april and found one word that stood out but we dont know if it was from police or media.
I wont post link but youll find it on page 4 of this thread it said
MR Baden Clay remained (SEQUESTERED) at his parents house .

Found this link with meaning of sequestered

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sequester

More on sequestration

http://www.jaapl.org/content/32/4/447.full.pdf

I think it might be a little CM literary license, somehow. Possibly it was more along the lines of 'please hang about in case we have more questions.' I don't think it would have been flight risk/ give us ur passport kind of stuff, IMO?

I didn't recall it as being confirmed fact but the last time it was mentioned I ended up with a time out. It is interesting that the ipad version was different though.
Sorry I missed it. : (

I don't remember it being confirmed in the MSM but I do remember Makara's sleuthing!

Hi and welcome Fergie.

Just wondering if you would be prepared to put your theory forward being that you are so close to this and the fact your daughter is also a sleuther? Thanks

Thanks for asking this question, Why 2 Family cars???

Just had an epiphany......body would need to lie down in back area of one of the vehicles, yes, BUT THE BACK SEATS WOULD BE LOWERED TO MAKE IT BIG ENOUGH.

SO......No seat room for helpers. Means there was more than one helper needing a seat in a vehicle to travel out to the dump site....ugghhhhh hate saying it sorry.

Get the visual now folks? Means the driver of the 'body' car and another driver of the accomplice/s (needed to lift, place, find good spot as well)???? IMO

What about the front seat, or do you mean 2 'helpers' as well as the main perp? If so, I can possibly see the need for 2 cars, although Allison wasn't a tall lady, so could have been placed in boot/back of car - I know sounds awful :(

I just know I could easily lay down in the boot or back seat of our car.

If there were a third person involved, maybe the need for 2 cars? Or did he try it all on his own, and then freak out/have difficulty, and call someone else to come hold his hand?

I have also wondered if it wasn't an initial plan to make it look like suicide, eg. leaving her car somewhere nearby, and needing a lift home, but thought better of it, hence both cars ended up back home.

Gawd, not even sure if any of that makes sense! Sorry!!

Possibly a few reasons:

1. More obvious if say, 2 family members that are close but dont live together are spotted in the dead of night in the one vehicle.

2. Less questions if other peron's dna is Not found in GBC's vehicle.

3. Would be more unlikely that close family member would be in GBC family vehicles given that 3 kids and spouse would be more the norm- so again less room for explainations.

All my own specullation.

I thank you for your 3 examples but IMO maybe slipping away from an easy simple answer.

I also added my thoughts to that original question of mine why 2 cars.
Sorry but needed to repost to remind others too

Just had an epiphany......body would need to lie down in back area of one of the vehicles, yes, BUT THE BACK SEATS WOULD BE LOWERED TO MAKE IT BIG ENOUGH.

SO......No seat room for helpers. Means there was more than one helper needing a seat in a vehicle to travel out to the dump site....ugghhhhh hate saying it sorry.

Get the visual now folks? Means the driver of the 'body' car and another driver of the accomplice/s (needed to lift, place, find good spot as well)???? IMO

Saw GBC's photo yesterday as he was arriving at Toowoong Village.

Honestly, his beard just screams "arrest me". I'm surprised he's still allowing it to grow. Doesn't make him look the least bit trustworthy. But I suppose this is probably his way of getting rid of the "old Gerard". Now he's a "new man" and all his past indiscretions (old and small, significant and RECENT) have been wiped clean...in his mind.

I just hope he can at least maintain some sort of dignity at the trial. <modsnip>

Ok peeps. Don't understand how we missed this.
All that speculating and arguing about the sleep over.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/girls-not-home-as-allison-vanished/story-fn6ck45n-1226355229465

Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

The following morning, on April 20, her husband Gerard rang the Dickies and told them their daughter was missing.

That CM article was dated 15 May and Makara rang the same author, Alison Sandy on 22 May. See a copy of her post below.

This is officially unconfirmed and only Gerard knows the answer to this sleepover question folks:

THREAD # 11

05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Makara

"In regard to the alleged sleepover, I've just spoken to Alison Sandy, the journalist who interviewed the Dickies and also Alison's friend. Alison Sandy told me that they've invariably been told both nights and the only people who know for sure i.e. Gerard will not clarify. Alison also said that they're hoping that things will become clearer soon.

So that's it! If anyone really wants to clear this up once and for all, I guess you will have to ask Gerard. Good luck with that!"

Thanks again Makara

Saw GBC's photo yesterday as he was arriving at Toowoong Village.

Honestly, his beard just screams "arrest me". I'm surprised he's still allowing it to grow. Doesn't make him look the least bit trustworthy. But I suppose this is probably his way of getting rid of the "old Gerard". Now he's a "new man" and all his past indiscretions (old and small, significant and RECENT) have been wiped clean...in his mind.

I just hope he can at least maintain some sort of dignity at the trial. The last thing we want to see is this ZZ Top impersonator being wheeled in to court with a broken leg after he "accidentally" fell down some stairs, while the Creepys are making out like a couple of teenagers in heat behind him (or perhaps next to him, depending on how many people the police charge).

I'm surprised his lawyers haven't told him to shave it all off.

I thank you for your 3 examples but IMO maybe slipping away from an easy simple answer.

I also added my thoughts to that original question of mine why 2 cars.
Sorry but needed to repost to remind others too

Yes, the two car thing has been a mystery from thread1. Who out there is a timeline/MSM 'whisperer'? A timeline of how the car/ cars were reported, in all their various shades (oh, Greg, that was funny several threads ago, lol!) would be cool. If we already have one, I will TMBABAGH (take my bat and ball and go home)..

Yes, the two car thing has been a mystery from thread1. Who out there is a timeline/MSM 'whisperer'? A timeline of how the car/ cars were reported, in all their various shades (oh, Greg, that was funny several threads ago, lol!) would be cool. If we already have one, I will TMBABAGH (take my bat and ball and go home)..

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7871813#post7871813"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This site will tell you just got to go through it yourself

I think it might be a little CM literary license, somehow. Possibly it was more along the lines of 'please hang about in case we have more questions.' I don't think it would have been flight risk/ give us ur passport kind of stuff, IMO?

My thoughts from reading the explanation might be why GBCs not talking and maybe to keep those involved apart so they cant get their stories straight.
But hes been out and about since then so unless their hoping to catch someone out maybe it was just the CMails way of putting it..

That CM article was dated 15 May and Makara rang the same author, Alison Sandy on 22 May. See a copy of her post below.

This is officially unconfirmed and only Gerard knows the answer to this sleepover question folks:

THREAD # 11

05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Makara

"In regard to the alleged sleepover, I've just spoken to Alison Sandy, the journalist who interviewed the Dickies and also Alison's friend. Alison Sandy told me that they've invariably been told both nights and the only people who know for sure i.e. Gerard will not clarify. Alison also said that they're hoping that things will become clearer soon.

So that's it! If anyone really wants to clear this up once and for all, I guess you will have to ask Gerard. Good luck with that!"

Thanks again Makara

This would be inline with what I had heard here in Melbourne from a detective.....That every week, the children averaged 3 sleepovers a week, usually being Thur, Fri and Sat.....Due to both parents lifestyles, apparently...these three nights were, their nights.

Interesting line of inquiry, and I know it's been discussed before, but here are my thoughts on why there may have been two cars involved. Assuming the involvement of NBC as a helper after the fact (an assumption at this stage, of course) then either (a) GBC has to drive to his parents' to pick Nigel up, or (b) Nigel comes over to GBC's house and leaves his car there for a few hours. Both options look more suss than inconspicuously rendezvousing at a busy roundabout where people stop and pull over all the time. Also, IMO, neither GBC's or NBC's personalities lend them to being ready 'passengers'.

Actually, just writing that has led me to a new question: if the police can trace phone records, did they trace a call from GBC's home or mobile to his parents at any point that night? Could this be another piece of evidence they have in the alleged pile? Mind you, I suppose GBC would probably ring his parents every day or so anyway as they were partners in the business and have a good relationship. All MOO MOO, cow-like.

In reference to two cars being used. Maybe the accomplice did not want to ride in the car that had the body in it. Too afraid they might get pulled over or just plain creeped out about it?

I dont think some people realize, that detectives work together on a broader scale. They discuss with other detectives, other murders asimilar to gain a bit more knowledge.....When they arent familiar with these kind of murders, they seek assistance from other states, to help them to ensure they dont leave any stone unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288