GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #2

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...7-15_killer_not_on_shomrim_list_of_pervs.html

<A Jewish patrol in Borough Park keeps a list of suspected child predators, but Levi Aron's name wasn't on it, the Daily News has learned...

The list has about 15 names. It was compiled by Shomrim members and is not shared with the NYPD because some rabbis oppose civilian police involvement.

"The community doesn't go to the police with these names because the rabbis don't let you. It's not right," Daskel said.>

I'm sorry but it's time to change things in this community. Crime affects everyone. This system reminds me quite a bit of the Amish community, which is also very insular and somewhat suspicious of law enforcement. Protecting children supersedes all cultural or religious traditions IMO.

<Leiby Kletzky's family first reported his disappearance to Shomrim. The patrol notified cops three hours later.>

For the record, I am not blaming anyone, I am saying that in light of the tragedy that I hope things will change. I hope LE is notified immediately when a child is missing and I certainly hope that potential predators are called to the attention of LE. There are more children than their own that might be at risk from the people on "their" list.

FWIW, earlier MSM articles indicated the family contacted Shomrim at 7pm - 2 hours after Leiby was missing and Shomrim notified NYPD at 8pm - 3 hours after Leiby was missing. I think the above report that Shomrim notified NYPD three hours after they were notified is inaccurate.

Also, if there were 15 suspected child predators on a community list and NYPD was not notified, that leaves every child not part of this tight community vulnerable (if there is any accuracy to that list). I'm sorry but that is unconsionable. No child is more or less worthy than any other regardless of cultural or religious views.

JMO

A little more on his 1st wife.

It looks like he targeted single mothers online.

Child butcher Levi Aron was a lonely man desperately looking for love.

He married two Jewish single moms - and was then jilted by a fiancée who fit the same profile.

It's not clear how, Aron, 35, met wife No. 1, an Israeli named Diana Diunov, who came to the U.S. in 2002 for a liver transplant with her daughter, Edita.

They married in June 2004. Seven months later, Diunov was indicted in Manhattan Federal Court Manhattan Federal Court for bilking diamond supply companies of $1.7 million.

Aron and Diunov split in August 2005; less than a month later, she married Boris Shvartzman, her co-conspirator in the diamond scam. She's in prison.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/07/15/2011-07-15_never_quit_quest_for_love.html

FWIW, earlier MSM articles indicated the family contacted Shomrim at 7pm - 2 hours after Leiby was missing and Shomrim notified NYPD at 8pm - 3 hours after Leiby was missing. I think the above report that Shomrim notified NYPD three hours after they were notified is inaccurate.

Also, if there were 15 suspected child predators on a community list and NYPD was not notified, that leaves every child not part of this tight community vulnerable (if there is any accuracy to that list). I'm sorry but that is unconsionable. No child is more or less worthy than any other regardless of cultural or religious views.

JMO

I have two thoughts on this:

I think there is no way we can understand the history that makes this community distrust outsiders so much. I would hope the amazing response of the police department would reach out to the community at large. It may also be that the police are comfortable historically with the way the community works.

From the Daily News:

The maniacal Brooklyn butcher who killed an 8-year-old Borough Park boy this week has a taste for karaoke--and especially sappy love songs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...on_song_recordings_found_on_karaoke_site.html

Not directed at you for sharing this link ruthieroo - just an in general comment.

Eeek! As bothersome as it is at times I don't have working computer speakers I am going to say this is one time I am thankful. I don't think I could bare to listen to LA singing sappy love songs online.

Nachman Kletzky told the rabbi a story about what a kind heart the 8-year-old had: When he was playing ball recently, he switched from the good team to the struggling one, because he felt bad for the underdogs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...15_sitting_shiva_slain_son.html#ixzz1SBclLBN0

Awww... That would be me too. Leiby and I had at least one thing in common.

Sleep peacefully Leiby.

What a kind soul Leiby was - rest in peace little man.

Also thanks to those that posted the article about the amateur sleuth YG...bless his heart for being so determined to find Leiby.

I have two thoughts on this:

I think there is no way we can understand the history that makes this community distrust outsiders so much. I would hope the amazing response of the police department would reach out to the community at large. It may also be that the police are comfortable historically with the way the community works.

Respectfully, a lot of cultures and races have history to give some reason to believe those are legitimate reasons to continue distrust and isolation for generations. Personally and this is my opinion only, I understand the need to have a liason between a religious culture and any particular police department - with the understanding not every LEO is going to be an expert on all cultures. I do not understand exclusion to the point of possibly compromising the general welfare of all of society when it comes to reasons outside of religion. I'll end there with the hopes of not contributing to a discussion that may lead to TOS violations.

:)

Not directed at you for sharing this link ruthieroo - just an in general comment.

Eeek! As bothersome as it is at times I don't have working computer speakers I am going to say this is one time I am thankful. I don't think I could bare to listen to LA singing sappy love songs online.

Cubby I debated posting it as it has nothing do with Leiby. I posted it more so you could see that he was active on the site doing somewhat 'normal' things shortly before his monstrous act.

Out of curiousity I did listen to one and was sorry I did!!

Cubby I debated posting it as it has nothing do with Leiby. I posted it more so you could see that he was active on the site doing somewhat 'normal' things shortly before his monstrous act.

I'm a single mom and was targeted online once. Thank God this person lived a few states away and more than a 5 hour drive away. I made the mistake of allowing him to speak to my son on the phone once when my son was 4. I don't know what he said to my son but the behavior my son demonstrated within minutes after speaking to this freak was concerning. Fortunately that behavior was a one time thing at that age and he soon forgot whatever was spoken to him. I never met the freak, but was scared enough to file a police report just in case. Never again....

Unfortunately, I just listened to one of his songs also. It really was horrible.
Immediately after I listened to it, the site said the songs are no longer available for listening.
His nasal-ly voice is as creepy as his eyes.

The family the Brooklyn boy who was kidnapped and murdered this week posted a note thanking everyone for their support.

The note, posted on the front door of the family's Borough Park apartment building Friday morning, read:

"We are forever grateful and thankful to Hashem. We would also like to express to each and every individual - to our friends and neighbors and our fellow New Yorkers and to all the volunteers and to all the agencies from the local, city, state, and federal, who assisted us above and beyond physically, emotionally, and spiritually - and to all from around the world, who had us in their thoughts and prayers. From the depths of our mourning hearts, we thank you!"

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8251943

also this snip:

The posted statement also asks anyone who wishes to send their condolences to the family to email them at MessageLeiby@gmail.com.

&#8220;Nobody knows what&#8217;s going on. I&#8217;m just now finding out information and I&#8217;m in total shock,&#8221; said Aron&#8217;s ex-wife Debby Kivel immediately after his arrest.

But according to the New York Post, a 2006 protective order she filed not long before their divorce in Tennessee sheds new light on the Brooklyn man&#8217;s mindset.

In the order, Kivel says after they were separated, Aron warned that &#8220;if she did not have sexual relations with him, then he would kill himself, period.&#8221;

oh and there is more....

Aron also allegedly left her &#8220;100 phone calls and numerous text messages.&#8221;

He also allegedly threatened to have her kids taken away and &#8220;&#8230;struck her with a closed fist on her shoulder and on her stomach.&#8221;

Kivel also said her ex-husband, after they were already separated, snuck into her bedroom and asked her if she would have sex with him.Kivel says she refused but woke up with her bra off and Aron in her bed.

more at link
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07...tm_medium=dl&utm_campaign=whats-in-arons-past

Brooklyn D.A. Charles J. Haynes has indicating when his prosecutors present the case today they will press for "maximum charges permitted by law" against Aron for "the vicious and callous murder and dismemberment of 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky."

"Based on marks on the defendant it appears that there was some sort of struggle," said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

Police still have no evidence as to whether Kletzky was molested before he was killed.

http://newyork.ibtimes.com/articles/181035/20110715/levi-aron-case-grand-jury.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti
Back