NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would these two not be giving up the location of Zhara? Are they trying to protect each other, or trying to protect a 3rd party?

I really really pray they are being monitored in my Criminology class the instructor was constantly telling us to look deeper if someone seemed to continually insert theirself into a case Like overly friendly to investigators and victims family

How would the pedo angle work?

I can't work it out in my head. I'm not shutting it down I just can't see how that would work? Thanks to anyone that takes the time to explain to me :)

Why would these two not be giving up the location of Zhara? Are they trying to protect each other, or trying to protect a 3rd party?

I think each other, well, actually I think EB is protecting herself, and AB is doing the same really, I don't think there's much loyalty left between them now that they're for it. Here's hoping when EB realises she's going down without him she decides to 'open up' a bit and spill, I think that's the best way to get this situation resolved and since she admitted the ransom note I think there's hope.

I think that's a blog. I'm not sure if we can trust that source JMHO.

Oh, I hope its not true, because now Im thinking ,wouldnt that be putting the cart before the horse? Considering what Dubs specialty is.
And why would she need that kind of attorney right now, she hasnt been charged with anything that would warrent this kind of attorney.
Thanks for informing on that source.

..i can't for the life of me understand what all of these men ( and more have been uncovered here since.. ) saw ------in EB. ( ??? )

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13329351
who is elisa baker?

Interesting article but why in the world would Mr. Rivenbark (the writer) give her parents full names and her Mom's flippin maiden name? Good lord that's but intrusive. Poor people. <sigh>

I can't work it out in my head. I'm not shutting it down I just can't see how that would work? Thanks to anyone that takes the time to explain to me :)

I'm not fully convinced of the pedo angle, but it's stuck in my head. LE would probably find evidence with a forensic investigation of their computers. Unless, a throw away phone was used for most of the negotiating. Sick, I know. I'm sorry.

I really really pray they are being monitored in my Criminology class the instructor was constantly telling us to look deeper if someone seemed to continually insert theirself into a case Like overly friendly to investigators and victims family

I wholeheartedly agree

I've been tossing something around in my head the past few days, I can't even bring myself to say it out loud. Since the media report about EB having a British interest who gave her around $10K ... well, *choke* does anyone think that she could be responsible for offering Zahra to a pedophile?

I'm even ashamed to type that out, but why would he be giving her money? We've already realised (<see the red squiggly - i.e. realized!) that she's been involved in illegal and unsavoury things. Would she stoop that low?

Nope, I can't go along with that idea. There are too many family/friends who have evidence of treatment more immediate!
I think EB probably had a new man (a better opportunity) online.

Sociopaths chew up individuals until the next better opportunity comes along!

It could be the man from london...but I would bet it was a man who was closer, and could offer her a more immediate 'fix' or 'gratification'

U ask how the pedo angle would work? Easy as pie for morally depraved to enter int'l chatrooms, find someone "suggesting" that he'd like pics of kids, then offer the pics to him AFTER exchanging phone numbers or secure way to communicate. At that point EB (an old hand at finding guys in international chat venues) would take the pics, send them, and collect. Ten grand would be a pittance for a wealthy creep to pay, over a period of a year or so. Perhaps he wanted more. A visit? A video? A person???

That's how it would work. Too easy for her to pass up, being versed in net-flirtation as she was.

U ask how the pedo angle would work? Easy as pie for morally depraved to enter int'l chatrooms, find someone "suggesting" that he'd like pics of kids, then offer the pics to him AFTER exchanging phone numbers or secure way to communicate. At that point EB (an old hand at finding guys in international chat venues) would take the pics, send them, and collect. Ten grand would be a pittance for a wealthy creep to pay, over a period of a year or so. Perhaps he wanted more. A visit? A video? A person???

That's how it would work. Too easy for her to pass up, being versed in net-flirtation as she was.

okay.

What does that have to do with Zahra being missing and probably murdered?

okay.

Yes, LE has stated this is a murder investigation. However, one can bet that the FBI has or is investigating a pedo angle also.

okay.

Everything. One, it could explain the british connection and the money involved. Two, it signposts EB as capable of selling child *advertiser censored* for money. IF she'd do that, she'd possibly sell the child outright, or ATTEMPT to. Three, someone willing to sell pics of a child would think zip of murdering said child when LE was about to close in. Four, it could explain the "missing" part.
More to this but I have a stomach ache from writing this much. Alka Seltzer and a good night's rest and I'll give u more tomorrow.

Yes, LE has stated this is a murder investigation. However, one can bet that the FBI has or is investigating a pedo angle also.

Possibly. I just wanted to have someone sketch out the pedo angle and how that would work. I have no clue.

As for FBI sure they would probably look at the computers for anything. Including pedo contacts. I'm not sure they found anything they were listed as out at the dump searching for the mattress. Who knows at this point KWIM?

Just was curious. JMHO.

Everything. One, it could explain the british connection and the money involved. Two, it signposts EB as capable of selling child *advertiser censored* for money. IF she'd do that, she'd possibly sell the child outright, or ATTEMPT to. Three, someone willing to sell pics of a child would think zip of murdering said child when LE was about to close in. Four, it could explain the "missing" part.
More to this but I have a stomach ache from writing this much. Alka Seltzer and a good night's rest and I'll give u more tomorrow.

I'm sorry you feel bad now. :(

If you feel up to it tomorrow though I would really like to hear your theory and how you outline that theory and support it.

I don't have a theory yet.

At this point in time any theory could be valid. We just don't have enough info.

Do I think it's a pedo? No I don't. But I'm not going to shut down anyone's theory before I've heard it. Take care, and feel better!

Possibly. I just wanted to have someone sketch out the pedo angle and how that would work. I have no clue.

As for FBI sure they would probably look at the computers for anything. Including pedo contacts. I'm not sure they found anything they were listed as out at the dump searching for the mattress. Who knows at this point KWIM?

Just was curious. JMHO.

Kat, I'm following you. I also wonder if AB is taking LE on a wild goose chase. We just don't know much.

Theories by members are one of my fav parts of WS. I rarely come up with one very quickly, in fact it takes me so long it's a foregone conclusion by the time I come up with who did it.

Prayers for Zahra :)

I'm sorry you feel bad now. :(

If you feel up to it tomorrow though I would really like to hear your theory and how you outline that theory and support it.

I don't have a theory yet.

At this point in time any theory could be valid. We just don't have enough info.

Do I think it's a pedo? No I don't. But I'm not going to shut down anyone's theory before I've heard it. Take care, and feel better!

I have no theories. I'm just speculating here at WS. My guess, which is a guess, is that it's 50/50 or better that EB was into selling ped pics online to rich creeps overseas, and that it impacted Z's well-being. Maybe someone wanted to see a video. Maybe Zahra was injured during the creation of one of these videos. Perhaps things went too far. Just a guess. No solid theories. As Scotty might say, "Damnit Jim, I'm an accountant, not a criminologist."
Just tossing out some stuff my friend. Take care, and we can brainstorm more at another time.

Does anyone else find it strange that they posed for a wedding photo holding their marriage certificate as if it were a trophy? I found that odd. I mean.. I've been to allot of weddings and I've never seen anyone do that. Is it a a custom in AU? IDK

Erm, no, it's not a custom here, and I've never seen it either, perhaps as a benefit for the immigration officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member