Canada - Brenda Walker, 49, found slain after calling 911, Strathmore, AB, 7 Jan 2015

In the link below, there is a video which is interesting because it gives information not reported in the written news reports (BBM).

It says the ex-boyfrend, Glenn Randall, lived in a basement apartment in the same block as the murder scene. (see 2:25 on video at link below). It says officers 'removed several containers and took them away' from his apartment. He was a flooring salesman and the president of a pool league who played at a local Strathmore bar.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/first-degree-murder-charge-laid-in-death-of-strathmore-woman-1.2177383

From reports, the ex-BF sure doesn't sound vicious, have to really wonder what could have conjured up such anger that he would go there and bash her door-window to gain access and then murder her. Wow! And news report say she called 911 around 1:11am on Tuesday, January 6th and police arrived only minutes later to find her already dead. GR lived on the same block?? I wonder if that is how they initially met? He was arrested the same day although it doesn't state what time, or the location where he was arrested.

I am wondering if, since the victim was loose with names, she may have published something somewhere about GR's ex girlfrend/kids/grandkids which infuriated him (since this is what their breakup was about)? Not that there is ANY excuse whatsoever to have done this, just trying to comprehend how a guy with such a reputation could have snapped like that.

More links to news stories:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/strathmore-homicide-brenda-walker-id-d-as-victim-ex-partner-charged-1.2892783

In the link below, it says K9 dogs were used, so I wonder if GR took off and hid outside somewhere? Neighbours were also quoted as saying:
""A man and a woman, they come and go, I've waved but they don't always wave back," said Ashley Reina. "I wouldn't say they're the happiest, friendliest people — but we all have our things.""
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/strathmore-woman-s-suspicious-death-under-investigation-1.2891016

I guess the K9 dogs could have also been searching for the murder weapon: from the link below:
"Investigators have been scouring the neighbourhood around Walker’s home, going through garbages in nearby alleyways and sifting through the freshly fallen snow for evidence."
http://globalnews.ca/news/1760199/rcmp-lay-charges-in-strathmore-homicide/

Thanks to deugirtni for starting thread!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/01/...up-with-boyfriend-now-charged-with-her-murder

"In a blog post dated Dec. 28, Walker described her life in the weeks prior as a “roller-coaster ride.”

“My body was telling me loud and clear with numbness and asthma symptoms (I don’t have asthma) that I needed to deal with this,” the post reads.

“So, last weekend, G moved out the weekend before Christmas.

“It was both really hard and a huge relief.

“I had my home back, my sanity back and I no longer had his ex in my face, but I also lost my best friend and lover and the future of us together that I had imagined died in that moment.”

If I am following her blog correctly BW met GR at a bar where he was a bouncer. She was with a friend and sitting with some other random people. The bouncer (GR) kept checking on her because one of the regular's she was visiting with was under a watchful eye of the bouncer. By the end of the evening she was smitten with him (the bouncer). She made two references of bars that night one was a new "Newfie" bar by her place or they would go to Ranchmen's as a back-up. She never really stated which bar her and her friend ended up at. They met Febuary 2014, within days of her finalized relationship with her fiance.

June 2014: http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/?p=141

On her FB post of Jan.4 at 6:47 she makes a comment about how she put her garbage out and that someone had come and put it in her garbage can. She found it very odd.
https://www.facebook.com/brenda.r.walker.9?ref=ts

If he did live that close I imagine they had a few run-ins that day and evening.

Here is her blog:
http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/

Thanks to deugirtni for starting thread!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/01/...up-with-boyfriend-now-charged-with-her-murder

"In a blog post dated Dec. 28, Walker described her life in the weeks prior as a “roller-coaster ride.”

“My body was telling me loud and clear with numbness and asthma symptoms (I don’t have asthma) that I needed to deal with this,” the post reads.

“So, last weekend, G moved out the weekend before Christmas.

“It was both really hard and a huge relief.

“I had my home back, my sanity back and I no longer had his ex in my face, but I also lost my best friend and lover and the future of us together that I had imagined died in that moment.”

It is chilling to read this and know the end result. I will point out that she also talks of other past relationships (refer to her blog) in the same light.. once they ended. I wonder if they were also abusive relationships. And I also wonder if she could have also been an abuser. I just hope that all the facts the investigators have are solid and the autopsy reflects that they have the right person.

Bringing my comments from an unrelated thread on WS:

**The intimate details of Brenda's life are documented in her blog and I am very curious what proof the police have for the first degree murder charge and that the ex was charged without incident. I am very curious what his plea will be and if an autopsy has been done to ensure the gun shot (I assume a gunshot) could have been self-inflicted or if at all possible that it was another lover or former lover. Her blog just blows my mind, she shares intimate details of her broken relationships and her depression and lifetime of abuse. She goes from being with the love of her life to completely free of them in such a short timespan and falls into new relationships fairly fast.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...hmore-homicide

http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/

**The only thing about the blog is that for someone who claims to be a life-coach she has not respected the privacy of the people she talks about. Sometimes she uses their initials, or first name. It is pretty easy to open up her friends list on FB and know exactly who she is talking about. Although she is not a professional or accredited I find her posts unprofessional and breaking of privacy rules.

She has a pattern of relationships where she says all the wonderful things (the quote above) and in a very short period of time she has recognized too many problems and has to end the relationship. I am curious how her other ex-partners felt about her documenting their relationship and her version of the breakdown of the relationship.

I sure hope they have the right person in custody and that the autopsy can prove that the death was not self-inflicted.

**I am not sure that it was released that it was herself who called 911. I will have to check that. Also, IIRC I am sure the man was only arrested yesterday. I was thinking that possibly he could have been at the wrong place at the wrong time and she may have hurt herself and he could have been the one to call 911 and then he panicked and left. Or someone else had been to the house and did it. I am just curious of the events leading up to the night this occured. The man she was with for such a short time had no history of violence with her (not sure of others) and he was a family man with his ex and her children and grandchildren. He is a bouncer and they share a love of guns, that is disturbing. I just can't understand how he would risk his freedom over such a short romance. Time will tell once the autopsy is released and he enters a plea. Very sad situation.

** I found this article from the Sun. It says a woman made a frantic call. So yes, probably her. He was still involved with his ex and her family, which the victim blogs about. In the beginning she writes about how healthy the situation was with the ex-girlfriend (she was even friends with her) and months later it had become too much for her and she ends the relationship.

I would be curious if she named him by name and clearly stated he attacked her or if she said it was her ex- boyfriend.. Without the name... Just in case...

911 call referenced:
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/01/06...-in-strathmore

From reports, the ex-BF sure doesn't sound vicious, have to really wonder what could have conjured up such anger that he would go there and bash her door-window to gain access and then murder her. Wow! And news report say she called 911 around 1:11am on Tuesday, January 6th and police arrived only minutes later to find her already dead. GR lived on the same block?? I wonder if that is how they initially met? He was arrested the same day although it doesn't state what time, or the location where he was arrested.

I am wondering if, since the victim was loose with names, she may have published something somewhere about GR's ex girlfrend/kids/grandkids which infuriated him (since this is what their breakup was about)? Not that there is ANY excuse whatsoever to have done this, just trying to comprehend how a guy with such a reputation could have snapped like that.

Media states that they were common-law. I wonder if the home was a rental or if she previously owned it or if they bought it together. I wonder if he had fully removed his belongings or if they were still in the process of all the technicalities.

I can't help but feel it's sad and disrespectful for the media to have posted the link to her personal blog, so that every tom, dick and harry can read through, seems like such an invasion of privacy against this deceased woman........and her surviving son. I don't feel bad discussing it here in WS as that's what we do but we dig and we delve WS to look for the truth, and to hopefully help in some way to get justice for victims.........whereas it just seems so wrong that now her neighbors, coworkers, ex's ex, other exes, etc.........can read all of her dirty laundry, so to speak (child abuse, herpes, self-esteem/body image issues), etc. Though...I guess that's the risk one faces when they post anything online.

Anyhoo............someone had asked in the SB thread if GR's ex was an ex wife. In BW's blog she explains that this ex of his that the allegedly had too much continued contact/communication with, was not someone he'd been married to...but in the past had owned a business together with (it went bankrupt) and they'd been previously engaged. Based on her blog I get the sense that maybe his relationship with BW was quick-moving and a rebound relationship -- and thus he never really fully severed the emotional ties with his ex? Given that, according to BW's blog, his ex had 3 adult children, it did seem he was wayyyyyyyyy too involved still with his ex (they'd been together 6 yrs) and her adult children/etc. Sorta surprised at her age that she frequented Ranchmans. It's a sketchy country bar in Calgary, total pick-up joint and not really the place that many middle aged folks would go.

Trying to find the news article but having little luck as I'm only getting the most recent ones when searching....but I do recall in one of the earlier ones, neighbors mentioned that they'd seen a truck with belongings in it that had been sitting at her place 1-2? weeks prior to her death.....but couldn't tell if it was someone moving things in or out. Obviously this must have been his truck?

MSM articles indicate that he'd been arrested 'without incident' so it would seem he wasn't hiding out, didn't resist.

if they both reportedly (according to her blog) "loved guns", wondering if she had a gun collection of sorts and that was maybe what was contained in the storage containers they're removed?

Wonder if a K9 tracked GR to his place?

Their relationship sounds like a rather dysfunctional mess. Would be curious to know if he stood to gain anything from her death? Was he listed as a beneficiary or co-beneficiary on any work life insurance policy she might have had?

Unless I've missed it, I don't recall reading any MSM articles in which any neighbors report having heard any kind of unusual commotion or noise that night/early morning......no mention of screaming, yelling, loud voices, loud noise like a gunshot. you'd think if a gun was used to kill her that in a 4 plex, at least one of the neighbors would have heard something? So maybe she was stabbed and not shot? would be curious to know just how long it took RCMP to respond to her place after her call at reportedly 1:11am. MSM articles here states they arrived within minutes, and they requested EMS at 1:30pm who were then told to stand down/they weren't needed. This article doesn't specify that LE received the call at 1:11am but others have:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...uspicious-death-under-investigation-1.2891016

From the blog, BW talks about her relationship with GR and his ex and her family...

"Now, my current relationship. My partner is still a part of his ex’s family. He is Papa to the grandchildren even though technically he is not their Papa. But love doesn’t need bloodlines. So, he babysits his granddaughter every week. I have met his ex and we have come to know each other and get along really well. She has even asked me for advice and help on her resume and finding a new job. She even commented to my partner how smart I am and how much I know. That speaks volumes to her character to be able to even admit or see that and to say it to my partner. Her grown children love me and actually hug me when they see me. As a result of having an open mind and heart, I have been blessed with three grown children and four gorgeous grandchildren. My life just become that more enriched as a result and my partner is able to remain that beloved Papa that his grandchildren need, especially his granddaughter. His youngest granddaughter doesn’t have a dad who is active in her life and so Papa is the only strong male role model she has, and what an amazing role model he is."

Posted July 2014
http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/?p=176

Another possible relationship to look into:

"met a man and was engaged in 5 weeks. We were married in 5 months. Anyone else could see it was a big mistake on my part but I had my reasons at the time for it being a good idea. As it turned out, the relationship was not healthy for me and it turned out to be somewhat abusive and not a good fit at all. He didn’t get along with my son, he didn’t like to work, we couldn’t communicate, and the list went on. We eventually broke up after a year, reconciled briefly and then got divorced."
http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/?p=87

I am seeing the pattern of failed relationships but what I am struggling with is if BW was the victim falling into patterns of what she was used to in regards to troubled relationships or if she was deeply troubled on her part. Going back to her 2010 posts until now the tone and generalizations go from quoting spiritual soul searching teachers (Weiss, Chopra, Hay, Virtue, etc.) to specific names of her friends and her intimate struggles. Was it a cry for help? A sign that maybe she was having some deep emotional/mental struggles of her own and not related to lovers? Was she chronicalling these details because she felt death was around the corner? If so, the timing and number of relationships that she documents in her blog in such a short time frame is just something very unsettling for me.

Thank you LoisLane for the link to BW's FB..... after looking through that a little.. and after reading some of her blog (and especially the paragraph you posted above).. I almost get the feeling that BW could have potentially had some kind of mood disorder/bipolar type of thing going on. That is a horrible thing for me to say, considering the woman is deceased, but just looking over some of her ponderings and writings, it seems very choppy and up-and-down to me. The same things that I have been reading are also kind of indicating that there was a perhaps more than average amount of alcohol consumption going on in her life? Wow, I just can't even imagine what it must have taken for the GR fellow to completely lose it like that on her. I too hope they have the correct perp..... although it is difficult to imagine anyone else.. it said in an MSM article somewhere that the area she lived in has a very low rate of these types of crimes. The broken window (presumably to gain access) is kind of suspect however. LE stated they had 'one' person of interest in mind at the time before GR became an accused.
Just terribly terribly sad.... for all affected by this.

Yikes, no offense but they all sounded like they were a bit of a hot mess in terms of boundaries. If he was with his ex x 6 yrs (as BW posts in her blog), was never married to the woman, it sounds to me like he was just a tad overly invested in his ex's family, so much so that he brings his new GF into the mix. Ugh. Somewhat 'off' IMO that BW posted about her having been blessed with 3 grown children and grandchildren as a result of his continued relationship with his ex's family. Sounds somewhat Jerry Springer-ish to me. Sounds like BW was trying very hard to view things in a positive way whereas I'm sure most women would have found this man's continued attachment and involvement to ex/her adult children to be unusual and detrimental to the new relationship. Be curious to know just how long he'd been split from his ex before getting w/ BW.

And with all due respect, I think anyone these days can call themselves a 'life coach.' I've known a couple who offered life coaching services but were 2 of the most dysfunctional, messed up, delusional women I've ever met....and clearly in no emotional frame of mind to be coaching anyone. that being said, they felt qualified to be a life coach due to their own life experiences (which they very falsely felt they'd worked through and had great insight into, which couldn't have been further from the truth). Sometimes I think those with the most personal problems/skeletons are drawn to this field as some type of avoidance of really fully dealing with their own issues.

From the blog, BW talks about her relationship with GR and his ex and her family...

"Now, my current relationship. My partner is still a part of his ex’s family. He is Papa to the grandchildren even though technically he is not their Papa. But love doesn’t need bloodlines. So, he babysits his granddaughter every week. I have met his ex and we have come to know each other and get along really well. She has even asked me for advice and help on her resume and finding a new job. She even commented to my partner how smart I am and how much I know. That speaks volumes to her character to be able to even admit or see that and to say it to my partner. Her grown children love me and actually hug me when they see me. As a result of having an open mind and heart, I have been blessed with three grown children and four gorgeous grandchildren. My life just become that more enriched as a result and my partner is able to remain that beloved Papa that his grandchildren need, especially his granddaughter. His youngest granddaughter doesn’t have a dad who is active in her life and so Papa is the only strong male role model she has, and what an amazing role model he is."

Posted July 2014
http://chapteronecoaching.com/wordpress/?p=176

Yikes, no offense but they all sounded like they were a bit of a hot mess in terms of boundaries. If he was with his ex x 6 yrs (as BW posts in her blog), was never married to the woman, it sounds to me like he was just a tad overly invested in his ex's family, so much so that he brings his new GF into the mix. Ugh. Somewhat 'off' IMO that BW posted about her having been blessed with 3 grown children and grandchildren as a result of his continued relationship with his ex's family. Sounds somewhat Jerry Springer-ish to me. Sounds like BW was trying very hard to view things in a positive way whereas I'm sure most women would have found this man's continued attachment and involvement to ex/her adult children to be unusual and detrimental to the new relationship. Be curious to know just how long he'd been split from his ex before getting w/ BW.

And with all due respect, I think anyone these days can call themselves a 'life coach.' I've known a couple who offered life coaching services but were 2 of the most dysfunctional, messed up, delusional women I've ever met....and clearly in no emotional frame of mind to be coaching anyone. that being said, they felt qualified to be a life coach due to their own life experiences (which they very falsely felt they'd worked through and had great insight into, which couldn't have been further from the truth). Sometimes I think those with the most personal problems/skeletons are drawn to this field as some type of avoidance of really fully dealing with their own issues.

We are on the same page. I have had some major eye openers in my life relating to soul teachers and I am always very careful as to who I am dealing with and that certified professionals are much safer and are not self-serving. I could go on and on.

You have just reminded me that in one of the articles, I'm sure I had read that she had moved from a much larger property/home.. I think she may have owned this property. I wonder if GR moved to his location just down the road just before Christmas, or did he live there previously too, and just keep it even though he had lived commonlaw with BW? Or did he/they see a 'room for rent' sign in the window and knowing things were not going well between them, took that opportunity at that time, just because it happened to come up? It just seems odd that he was suddenly living just down the road from her (same block??) It seems a horrible time to move out, RIGHT before Christmas? And also, it seems a really weird time to split up after JUST getting over a hospitalization. You would think the man was still in recovery mode... and in my experience, I have found that people who go through such types of 'scares', tend to really start taking a better appreciation of those who are dear to them.

Media states that they were common-law. I wonder if the home was a rental or if she previously owned it or if they bought it together. I wonder if he had fully removed his belongings or if they were still in the process of all the technicalities.

I can't help but wonder if the "ex" of six years of GR's was involved as well.

You have just reminded me that in one of the articles, I'm sure I had read that she had moved from a much larger property/home.. I think she may have owned this property. I wonder if GR moved to his location just down the road just before Christmas, or did he live there previously too, and just keep it even though he had lived commonlaw with BW? Or did he/they see a 'room for rent' sign in the window and knowing things were not going well between them, took that opportunity at that time, just because it happened to come up? It just seems odd that he was suddenly living just down the road from her (same block??) It seems a horrible time to move out, RIGHT before Christmas? And also, it seems a really weird time to split up after JUST getting over a hospitalization. You would think the man was still in recovery mode... and in my experience, I have found that people who go through such types of 'scares', tend to really start taking a better appreciation of those who are dear to them.

IIRC (according to her blog) they had already agreed to go separate ways prior to his hospitalization but that she was supportive and caring for him while he was in hospital. I wonder what kind of meds he was on and if any side effects could have caused him to go off the deep-end.

Yes, I'm on the same page too as far as the life coaching thing. And...... it seems from the FB page, that on the evening of January 5th (the same night BW was killed), she was adding massive postings with canned content that put GR to appear in a bad light, imho. I wonder if someone may have been a wee bit into the sauce? What time was her last FB post.. I am on EST, and I know Calgary time is I think 2 hours different. Was it 9:21pm? Then some 4 hours later she is murdered? Ugh!
Also, that must be awfully difficult for GR and his ex and her family to read that glowing report in BW's blog about the ex and her kids and grandkids, and then to have it become such a horrible issue for her that she ended the relationship over it. ??
And.. I just want to point out...... many second timers do not necessarily want to do the 'marriage' thing again... depending on the ages of these 'adult children'.... if GR had spent 6 years with them kind of treating him like their own dad.. then, to me, in my humble opinion, that would be very very sad for him to just walk away from them and perhaps their young kids, who had thought of him as Grampa, just because his relationship with their mom/grandmother had ended. It sounds like they still remained friends, which should be considered a *good* thing, I would think? I think it is so sad that if a relationship involves children, younger or older, who come to think of their parent's new partner as a parent figure, it would just end too, if the relationship itself ended. Kind of like how when a married couple's relationship ends, and the one parent no longer has anything to do with his/her own kids afterward... it is just so sad. One might hope that one's self esteem and feeling of being loved could be strong enough to accept the continuing relationship, at least to some healthy degree. In this case, perhaps the relationship between GR and his ex's kids/grandkids was a little too much however.. or was it just BW's perception of being too much?

We are on the same page. I have had some major eye openers in my life relating to soul teachers and I am always very careful as to who I am dealing with and that certified professionals are much safer and are not self-serving. I could go on and on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back