Family Needs our Help

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We have AMAZING people on this site that can look at these satellite pictures and help find the missing plane.

I was asked to post this information by a family member.

Thank you for your time.

On Sunday December 1st, my nephew, Jonathan Norton, was traveling on a private plane from Baker, Oregon to Butte, Montana with his fiancé Amber Smith, her father, Dale Smith (the pilot), and her brother, Daniel Smith, and sister-in-law, Sheree Chalmers Smith. The plane never made it to Montana. It suffered some engine troubles, and is believed to have gone down around Johnson Creek landing strip near Yellow Pine, Idaho (just east of Cascade, Idaho). We have been diligently searching since Monday with a significant amour of air and ground support, but to no avail. We just learned of a search tool that enables anyone to search satellite images (updated at least as recent as 2 days ago) in an effort to locate the downed plane. We are humbly asking that anyone who has a little extra time to please help us locate our loved ones so that we can bring them home. You can search the satellite images by signing on to this web site.
http://new.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013

Thank you in advance, and please pray for a miracle.
Brad Norton

Looking and hoping for the best for this family.

We have AMAZING people on this site that can look at these satellite pictures and help find the missing plane.

Thank you for your time.

On Sunday December 1st, my nephew, Jonathan Norton, was traveling on a private plane from Baker, Oregon to Butte, Montana with his fiancé Amber Smith, her father, Dale Smith (the pilot), and her brother, Daniel Smith, and sister-in-law, Sheree Chalmers Smith. The plane never made it to Montana. It suffered some engine troubles, and is believed to have gone down around Johnson Creek landing strip near Yellow Pine, Idaho (just east of Cascade, Idaho). We have been diligently searching since Monday with a significant amour of air and ground support, but to no avail. We just learned of a search tool that enables anyone to search satellite images (updated at least as recent as 2 days ago) in an effort to locate the downed plane. We are humbly asking that anyone who has a little extra time to please help us locate our loved ones so that we can bring them home. You can search the satellite images by signing on to this web site.

Brad Norton

Tricia don't know if they're reading here or you're passing things on to them, but it might be worth them contacting MAF - Mission Aviation Fellowship who are now based in Nampa (?) Idaho.

Their pilots fly in some of the most remote places in the world, landing on things that hardly anyone would consider a 'landing strip' or out onto marshy areas on float planes, etc. (I have a family member who flies for them)

They often end up doing rescues as they're often the only people who not only have equipment, but who have the flight skills to end up helping out. For instance, post Indonesian tsunami, they were asked to help fly officials in and out, rescue people, do medical evacs, all sorts of stuff.

Many of them train of different equipment here in the States before they get tested on having to do it in some of these incredibly remote places.

I suspect they would have pilots who need to train in rescue type stuff - which often includes locating possible crashes overseas, as well - and many have to do a certain amount of hours on different equipment here before then testing on it in whatever country they're in.

It might be worth seeing if they have pilots who would also help searching the images, or having them do flyovers, etc. Most have been doing it overseas for years and in many cases many decades, and they come back for a break, training on new equipment, etc.

I think they'd be both eager to help and also probably have some helpful backgrounds and experiences doing similar things in remote jungles and steep mountains, etc. where they often don't even have true maps to use as well.

Praying they're able to be found!

I wish to mention that Brad is our friend's, Sky Hughes, brother in law. Chris and Sky and family are sick about this tragedy. Please help if you're able.

Thank you so much.

I've been searching on there but sadly the quality of the image in some areas aren't very good. I'll keep looking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am searching also. What a wonderful and fascinating way for us to be able to actively help in the search.

As I am searching, I do wish there was a way to tag something that we notice that looks out of place, an area that seems to differ from the surrounding area. That way someone with better skills than me could look closer and analyze it to make sure of what it is.

One trick that helps me is to place a smart phone over you PC screen and enlarge. I can often see an image clearer then any other way .

As I am searching, I do wish there was a way to tag something that we notice that looks out of place, an area that seems to differ from the surrounding area. That way someone with better skills than me could look closer and analyze it to make sure of what it is.

I figure since they are searching for people better to tag then not to tag .

Thank you for your time.

Brad Norton

Texas Equusearch could be helpful in this situation, I think.

Have they been contacted?

www.texasequusearch.org

These folks are from my hometown. Terrible tragedy. I hope they are found soon.

Wow what a daunting task!!! Sending hope to the family that they are located soon. I will continue to search the satellite pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sending out fervent prayers....and all my love to the family.

I'm no good at searching, but I'll give it a try indeed.

God bless and keep everyone.

Best-
Herding Cats

Prayers that they are found, and am definitely on it too! Prayers for the family!

Will see if I can get my family to collectively search when everyone gets home from soccer. Sending prayers- Frigga

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back