ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 13, 2012 7:30PM

Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Police had moved the media away before the cars arrived at 6.25pm.

Scientific police appear to be searching the Baden-Clay home with torches and have switched on several lights both up and downstairs.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

Channel 9 followed us all the way along Centenary Highway then to Moggil Rd then to Brookfield road then we went onto Kholo bridge at 4.30pm . We knew then something was on.

I am sure Allison literally was terrified out of her mind at the horror of realising 'at that point in time' when someone very close to her, IMO her husband, was murdering her with unrelentless anger/need/fierceness......

Imagine Allisons fear at that exact moment OMG it horrifies me......SHE KNEW.

Justice for Allison......forget your prattle MG...imagine this womans terror.

Just heard from police friend , accomplice is a crim , someone we haven't discussed. Shock to me . So the possibility of immunity is then a chance . Don't know the finer details . It's all happening now thank goodness . Justice pleasite where body was left, se for Allison

so it would seem he is nothing more than a cold, calculating murderer. It gets worse.

Still so many questions though, BC Snr at the bus stop, home crime scene, why it took nearly 8 weeks to arrest, site where body was left, cars, roundabout queries et etc goes on and on.

Just heard from police friend , accomplice is a crim , someone we haven't discussed. Shock to me . So the possibility of immunity is then a chance . Don't know the finer details . It's all happening now thank goodness . Justice please for Allison

Maybe this could be why the CMC Star Chamber was mentioned some days ago??? Accomplice possibly has a get out of jail card free?

Lololol, oh god can you imagine

Yep.......If I recall at the time, someone even mentioned this possibility, that GBC hired a crim to do the job for him....and a few were laughing at the thought that he would even degrade himself to get someone of low sobriety....cough cough.

Im shutting up now....lol (asifablubbermouthlikecandothat)

WOW!!! that is completely out of left field!

oh no.....I did not want this to be a case of premeditated, planned murder. Kids could forgive, over a very long time, an 'accidental" death, but not this.

I said it on here a few nights back....I wondered if the whole plan was to make it appear a suicide, that she'd jumped from that bridge... & somewhere between the house & bridge, something stuffed up that plan.

With a $900,000 life insurance policy, now I'm really thinking that was indeed his plan.

Finally the higher being of justice steps in to the point of not only arresting the *advertiser censored*, but also making sure that the 3 little innocents in this are taken into the care of the Dickies.
How awful it would have been to hear they were with his parents. It was bad enough he stood at the funeral and played a role he gave away all rights to when he took this beautiful woman.
There is always that desire from us all to know what happened that night, and what drove him to do this to his wife, but if we are to never know the full story - I just hope that he has the eventual dignity to give his adult girls some sort of explanation that could offer them some attempt at closure.

:thank you:

Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Scientific police appear to be searching the Baden-Clay home with torches and have switched on several lights both up and downstairs.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

Bearing in mind that the Police have already searched the house when it was a crime scene (I assume they did), what are they looking for now???? Could they possibly think that the phone is hidden at the house, but have been unable to look until arrest is made?

Does anyone know if the Supreme Court ever meets on a weekend? Seems coincidental that an arrest was made tonight, given GBC must wait 48 hours minimum to make a request for bail in the Supreme Court. If they can't attend court over the weekend, the police have planned well. Means they have some breathing space for at least 4 days with him behind bars.

Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go the Supreme Court.

However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed ...

... so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week.

http://twitter.com/#!/couriermail

so if the insurance policy was recently changed, does this mean ABC knew this was coming?
brings to mind 'she told me things, and I should have done more'

Do you think there might be a mass exodus of FB friends for him?..;p

Actually I am surprised he still has so many 'friends' on FB. In fact some very well known politicians are still 'friends'. I would be running a mile at very high speed to dissassociate myself with any alleged murderer.

Hoping that if GBC is guilty, that he has a little insight to try and save his children and both families the trauma of a long drawn out trial. Guess he is now eligible for legal aid given the seriousness of the charge. I am glad there has been a breakthrough tonight, but feels a hollow victory in a lot of respects given the children.

Well said.....thank you.

Then that blows my "they were looking in a pond" thought....If the scientific people arrived at 6:25pm, then that would mean it was dark in Brisbane. The scuba diver in the pond, was in light of day. Cloudy, but it was definitely full light.

It is a shame the media filmed the children leaving with the Dickies, they have been and are going to be through too much.

Bearing in mind that the Police have already searched the house when it was a crime scene (I assume they did), what are they looking for now???? Could they possibly think that the phone is hidden at the house, but have been unable to look until arrest is made?

Someone else may be able to explain it better but from what I read about crime scenes/crime scene warrants, they're only valid for a certain length of time. I think it was around a week the house was taped up??

As to what they're searching for...it was mentioned blood was found in back of one of the cars so perhaps they're searching for a weapon of some kind...or the phone.

Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go the Supreme Court.

However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed ...

... so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week.

http://twitter.com/#!/couriermail

Yep, aware of this. That's why I asked if the Supreme Court is ever held on a weekend?

Blood, nothing surer

Hi all - first time poster, long time lurker/"thanker"
I initially felt a great sense of relief at tonight's news - and whilst that is still the overwhelming feeling, my heart still aches. My children and I are approaching the second anniversary of my husband, their Daddy's, death after a short battle with an aggressive cancer. I see the devastation and grief on their faces still after nearly two years. I cannot begin to imagine how the three BC girls are coping and will cope in the future. Fully acknowledging that our family dynamic was very different, my hubby and I loved each other dearly and we were a tight family unit, I just cannot imagine how someone could make a decision to inflict this pain on their children. My kids are of similar age to the BCs and all I can think is at least my kids have me here - those poor three girls. What was he thinking? I will continue to follow this with great interest to try and wrap my head around the how's and why's.
I thank you all for the great input, clarifications, giggles and sometimes tears. I never thought I would be one to be so wrapped up in an internet forum, but have found myself here more often than not since I first stumbled across this forum. Happy about the arrest - anxiously awaiting the roll out of information as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie