Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it does. We're looking at going into 2 days for the round trip, but one of those days would've been a Sunday, then Venus is abducted Monday morning around 7:30am, so there would be plenty of time to make a 10 hr. trip back to VA before late evening. MOO

I thought I read this happened between 7 and 8:30? Have they been able to narrow it down to 7:30?

10 hours would be pushing it, and assuming that he grabbed her and drove straight to Newport News. So what about Venus? Is she in his vehicle for the ride back to VA?

I'm just not seeing him just happening to be there when she walks out of the house (with the other occupants conveniently either away from home or asleep), abducting her/killing her/disposing of her body and booking it back to VA in time to have witnesses placing him in Newport News at a time that allows LE to state his alibi checks out.

------------

I know this is her parents' home. Is this where she grew up? Went to school, etc? If not this specific house, at least in the same town/area?

Exactly. If he made the trip he would've driven. What is confusing me though, is he claims to have two alibi witnesses, yet wouldn't he have been working that day? I'd think there would be more than two. MOO

It could be that those two were customers he delivered to that day. He may well have others, but perhaps friends or others who wouldn't be considered as reliable?

I really can't imagine who else it could be.

Venus' mother is saying ex-husband claims he was in VA at the time; she says he was allowed phone visitation and could call the kids once a day; the only day he missed calling the kids is the day Venus went missing. She says he usually called around 8pm.

If he was in Virginia the day before and called then, and it was around 8PM as usual, then the following day she was kidnapped at 7.30AM, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time. Did he drive all the way there, kidnap her and then imediately drive all the way back again? It seems to me that verifying his story as true or false would be pretty simple because of the geographic distance between where he lives and where the wife disappeared.

There is something about this case that doesn't add up. Where are the kids now? On HLN the grandmother was saying that the kids were "in hiding".....what the hell does that mean? How does a five year old go into hiding? And if the father has phone visitation rights why do they hang up on him when he calls? Surely he has the right to know where they are, at least until he is officially accused of something? Who exactly has custody of these kids right now?

This isn't making sense. If xhubby can prove he was in Va, then thats it. They need to look at the immediate family and the neighborhood.

I know some are going to crucify me for posting this, but what the heck...

I certainly hope that the police are not getting tunnel vision here. I know that family and most here want it to be the husband, but I really hope police are looking into other possibilities.

Has Venus been working since back with her parents? Going out with old friends (or new ones)? Has she met anyone since returning home? Re-connected with any old flames? Was there anyone still living in the area who had a crush on her, exhibited perhaps an intense interest in her? Do the police have her cell, parents' phone, and computer records yet?

I thought I read this happened between 7 and 8:30? Have they been able to narrow it down to 7:30?

10 hours would be pushing it, and assuming that he grabbed her and drove straight to Newport News. So what about Venus? Is she in his vehicle for the ride back to VA?

I'm just not seeing him just happening to be there when she walks out of the house (with the other occupants conveniently either away from home or asleep), abducting her/killing her/disposing of her body and booking it back to VA in time to have witnesses placing him in Newport News at a time that allows LE to state his alibi checks out.

------------

I know this is her parents' home. Is this where she grew up? Went to school, etc? If not this specific house, at least in the same town/area?
You're right, I was thinking he had all day Sunday to get there, watch the house, etc. but forgot that he'd talked to the kids that evening. So, unless the call came from right outside the house, that would be a quick overnight trip, coincidentally run into Venus early in the morning then turn right around and get back home to VA. If he isn't the perp, then who else is hiding out in the field watching the house and abducting her as soon as she walks out the house? :waitasec: MOO

If he was in Virginia the day before and called then, and it was around 8PM as usual, then the following day she was kidnapped at 7.30AM, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time. Did he drive all the way there, kidnap her and then imediately drive all the way back again? It seems to me that verifying his story as true or false would be pretty simple because of the geographic distance between where he lives and where the wife disappeared.

There is something about this case that doesn't add up. Where are the kids now? On HLN the grandmother was saying that the kids were "in hiding".....what the hell does that mean? How does a five year old go into hiding? And if the father has phone visitation rights why do they hang up on him when he calls? Surely he has the right to know where they are, at least until he is officially accused of something? Who exactly has custody of these kids right now?

It sounds like the grandparents have the children in a safe place. He is a POI so at this point maybe the GP do not give a flying crap about what he wants. Can't say that I blame them.

IIRC Le did not locate his vehicles until yesterday or Monday (where they were until then...who knows.
The timing is just so tight, if he was in VA even by 6pm, that if he took her, he would have had to do something to her at once and hit the road...I guess they are searching the water nearby for that reason, unless they have more to go on. I know someone said they saw a man near there but it was not clear if timing was right as far as I know. I mean everything would have had to go his way exactly for him to get there, do this crime and get back. Not impossible but hard to figure. And I can't imagine the kind of friend you could call up and say hey, do you mind going over to the ex-in-laws, sitting around til you see the wife, grab her, make her disappear, etc...
A hired person, maybe.

I know some are going to crucify me for posting this, but what the heck...

I certainly hope that the police are not getting tunnel vision here. I know that family and most here want it to be the husband, but I really hope police are looking into other possibilities.

Has Venus been working since back with her parents? Going out with old friends (or new ones)? Has she met anyone since returning home? Re-connected with any old flames? Was there anyone still living in the area who had a crush on her, exhibited perhaps an intense interest in her? Do the police have her cell, parents' phone, and computer records yet?
Honestly, I don't want it to be him, because then the children won't have a mom or dad. I too would like to know more about who she talked to or saw since returning home. The more it seems he may not be involved, obviously someone abducted her, so who did she know? If it's unlikely her ex husband could've caught her as she went to the mailbox, so also would it be unlikely a random perp happened upon her. Someone was watching! MOO

Most of the time, when a woman goes missing, the children go to her family, if she had custody. Especially if the significant other is suspected of something.

However, I also wonder how they could successfully remove the children to a safe location, unless they are now having the children call him on a blocked line or they are having him call a cell phone that could be anywhere.

Likely her parents have them hidden somewhere safe, possibly even at the urging of LE, but it makes me wonder if he will attempt to claim full custody. If there really was a sexual assault allegation against him, I have a feeling he would not succeed, but I do have to wonder if he will be more proactive in this respect than he is being in any attempt to find his wife.

Sorry, the husband stinks to me.

If her parents are telling the truth, she was living in such fear that I doubt she would be creating a social life at this point. But I guess it is possible that someone who had a thing for her (or against her) heard she was back in town and was watching for his chance to grab her, maybe not meaning to abduct/harm her but anything can happen. Still, it would be a huge coincidence IMO if she felt fear from her ex and someone ELSE takes her...unless she had others in her past she had problems with before marriage. It has been charged that she too had commited some violence against her husband, I supposed she could have had issues with other men. But except for distance, ex is such a workable suspect here.

I know police are checking his whereabouts the days prior to her missing, I read it in an article.... So he could have drove there and waited, scouted the area out a little. The propane tank is very close to the house, since her slipper prints where on the tank I am thinking she was snagged from behind as she was walking back towards the house.
The perp probally covered her mouth and perhaps caught her in a arm lock choking her.

If you notice where the shed is and the wood pile you could hide there easy without anyone noticing you, especially since there are no windows on that side of the house...jmo

him being a trucker....She could be anywhere between MI & VA.

him being a trucker....She could be anywhere between MI & VA.
I got the impression from Venus' mother he was more of a local delivery truck driver, when she mentioned delivering to restaurants and such.

What a risk however to make that drive. Accidents happen, you get tickets, etc. This just seems so risky.
Venus had left him several times and gone back to him. Why this time would he kill her?

BBM

(all excellent points, btw)

According to maps, the distance is between 750 and 820 miles. So for how long did he speak to them "around" 8 pm the night before? And then to make it to Michigan by 7:10 to 8:30 the next morning? Just in time to catch her at the mailbox? Not to mention he would know there were the kids and her father (or is it stepfather?) in the home. How in the world would he know they'd be asleep? Especially kids that age...

Another thing to consider about him driving back from MI on a Monday is the traffic on I-64 / I-95 / I-70. (mapquest have the directions going up through NoVA/MD *shudder*)

The husband did it in my mind , HOW, I don't know, not just yet. There is to much coincidence on that same day for it not to be ... we have a man spotted in the field crouched down by a truck that happens to be a light colored 4dr dodge and just happens to be kitty corner from the parents house.
Then we have the tire tracks in the field that by eye is very similar to the tire tread on Douggy's truck and last but not least we have some dude come out of the "woods" from out of nowhere asking where he is located to some lady he prob. scared the carp out of ... I mean all this on the same day she vanishes, all around the same general time frame...

I don't give a carp about his "witnesses" you can pay people to lie, or just convince them if they are good enough friends , knwim.....this of course is moo only

What a risk however to make that drive. Accidents happen, you get tickets, etc. This just seems so risky.
Venus had left him several times and gone back to him. Why this time would he kill her?

Because this time he knew he was losing control of the situation and she had just won temp. full custody of the girls, he knew this time she wasn't coming back .. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni