News from the Enquirer Re:Why they requested closed meeting

Does anyone have Casey's complete visitor log? I have one that ends 7/26/08 and one that doesn't start until 10/15/08. If by any stretch of the imagination the Enquirer was correct that the prosecutors had only recently learned of this (alleged-and-probably-never-happened) statement, I would think it would have to have been made in the context of a meeting that was logged in as an "attorney meeting" but in actuality was with a person who would not "count" for purposes of the attorney-client privilege--or arguably would not count. I assume the prosecutors would have reviewed the tapes of all other visits.

Here is 7/24/08 - 8/3/08:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/casey_anthony_visitation_log.pdf

For some reason I can't open the Enquirer article, so I am reading this thread for info.

Good question!

Was Brandon Snow ever questioned?

He seems like the most "logical" to be Caylee's father...Looks-wise.

Have you looked at Mark Hopkins? He was the guy stationed in California that Casey was going to tell something very important to- a big surprise- he looks more like Caylee than Brandon IMO.

"Kronk was looking for the bricks that Casey said she tripped over," said the source. "He found some brick pavers, but they weren't the right ones."

Okay, that sounds more like DC than RK. I read the OCSO summary of what RK experienced through out trying to get LE's attention and it was DC who talked about pavers.

And, Casey having to "drive her car" is so wrong.

RK and the two men he was with the first time, say they knew about the case-that it was all over the news. They knew where they were at, around the corner from where the Anthonys lived. It makes perfect sense to me, RK's story and it obviously makes sense to LE.

I think this is spin put out to bring back people talking about RK. It's funny that people have been speculating re: DC and him finding out through JB/Lee and Lee telling Cindy, where to look for Caylee's remains(that being maybe the reason for the SA's motion re: new evidence) and with this story we are drawn back to RK again. :twocents:

"Kronk was looking for the bricks that Casey said she tripped over," said the source. "He found some brick pavers, but they weren't the right ones."

Okay, that sounds more like DC than RK. I read the OCSO summary of what RK experienced through out trying to get LE's attention and it was DC who talked about pavers.

And, Casey having to "drive her car" is so wrong.

RK and the two men he was with the first time, say they knew about the case-that it was all over the news. They knew where they were at, around the corner from where the Anthonys lived. It makes perfect sense to me, RK's story and it obviously makes sense to LE.

I think this is spin put out to bring back people talking about RK. It's funny that people have been speculating re: DC and him finding out through JB/Lee and Lee telling Cindy, where to look for Caylee's remains(that being maybe the reason for the SA's motion re: new evidence) and with this story we are drawn back to RK again. :twocents:

BBM

I think you hit the nail on the head. Perhaps we will hear from the new PR "expert" on this topic. I'd love to hear their take on the topic. Hint Hint...... Depaul are you there?????

Two weeks before Thanksgiving 2008, his son Brandon said Kronk told him: "I know where Caylee is, and I'm going to go get her."

On Dec. 11, 2008, Kronk returned to the site and found Caylee's remains.

"The only reason Roy Kronk found Caylee is that the body's location had come to him in a roundabout way from Casey Anthony herself," said the source.

Prosecutors learned about Casey's jailhouse confession only recently, and filed a motion on Feb. 3 asking for a private meeting with the judge presiding over pre-trial hearings in the case.

The more I read, the more I keep on thinking: that's the DC story, not the RK story. I'm not the only one, but the theory this week has been that DC heard where Caylee was "in a roundabout way" from Casey Anthony herself(JB to Lee, Lee to Cindy).

"I know where Caylee is, and I'm going to get her." That is what is said DC said! I just posted in a old thread re: George about how in his interview in December of last year he invokes the "I don't want to think I could bring someone into this world who could hurt..." word for word.

Methinks there is some serious spin being spun. :twocents:

While it is obviously a tabloid rag, they have been accurate many times in the past about their stories. In fact, IIRC, they are pushing for a Pulitzer for exposing the John Edwards/mistress/baby daddy scandal. They were the first to break the story, amidst fervent denials, and turns out they were right.

Ya never know . . .

One out of 53 744 stories right does not make one reputable.
I can't even believe this is being discussed.
This isn't even in the realm of "truth".

An aside........while I doubt the validity of the story as "truth".....I suspect that a source close to the defense has offered this story as "truth" in order to further an agenda. While I don't consider the NE a go to resource for news.....they have come quite far from the days of "Alien fetus delivered in a mall restroom" headlines. They are actually in the running for a Pulitzer Prize for the John Edwards story.

While I don't "believe" every story printed, I will also not "discount" it based solely on the publisher of said story. KWIM?????

Prosecutors learned about Casey's jailhouse confession only recently,

What both stories do have in common: this is all because there is/was a confession by Casey. Seems what is being argued is who heard that confession and what they did after that, what they found and did not found...

:twocents:

This NE story only proves to me that the "unnamed source" has great difficulty in letting his daisy chain theory go. Am I imagining things, or did I hear him also say on the NG show months ago something about the car being driven off the road when the body was dumped?

Casey in not in general population and would not be talking to anyone within the jail considering, IIRC, she only gets out for an hour a day.

Secondly, LP talked about the daisy chain a long, long time ago on Nancy Grace and he also talked about the women in the jail who was either a girlfriend or friend of Kronk and that Kronk's supervisor lived near the Anthony's.

Just about everything in the "exclusive" article has been discussed over and over again here, on other forums, Nancy, Issues, Greta, Prime News, LP, etc., etc.

LP is not the source to the Enquirer as LP volunteers his theories to anyone who listens to him for free!

If this is TRUE, all the "reputable" news media would have picked up this story via their "sources" they had deep within LE. Remember, we were getting all these "sources" passing on info from within the jail and LE.

We will have to wait and see if Jose issues a press release, or the jail releases a press release, or Casey takes a "plea deal" now that this "exclusive" has been released. :crazy:

An aside........while I doubt the validity of the story as "truth".....I suspect that a source close to the defense has offered this story as "truth" in order to further an agenda. While I don't consider the NE a go to resource for news.....they have come quite far from the days of "Alien fetus delivered in a mall restroom" headlines. They are actually in the running for a Pulitzer Prize for the John Edwards story.

While I don't "believe" every story printed, I will also not "discount" it based solely on the publisher of said story. KWIM?????

As I've said - I don't believe this story as published - but one thing I've noticed about the NE is while they get the details completely scrambled on many things as if someone just hit a keyboard and used a little poetic license, there is often a small kernel of truth buried in the article.

I'm inclined to believe the words were spoken, but by DC, not RK. RK was running on gut instinct - and he found her, because he wanted to. DC was using directions over the telephone and had a map. He didn't find her and he didn't want to. That's it.

For all we know, the source could be the Anthony's and repeating what LP said months and months ago.

:waitasec: Aren't the Anthony's in need of money and have no love for LP?

ETA: Follow the money ....

Oh, I think this story is untrue also but I do agree it was "put out" for a reason.

"Then she said, 'When I got out of the car, I tripped over these bricks.'

Bricks: everyone, everyone has been calling those "pavers", not bricks. Pavers at George and Cindy's, pavers found by DC in the woods and at the abandoned house. Even the psychic called them "pavers." I think the word was changed from "pavers" to "bricks" because that would just be too obvious. :twocents:

"When I got out of the car..." That is first person, so this is Casey's confession huh? Will the defense answer this media story? Really, this can't be to get RK because he would still only be the one who found Caylee-it is Casey that is admitting to "burying Caylee."

So, I take back what I said-this can't be the defense...or really even Cindy or George. Now I have confused myself. :crazy:

...JS...

Maybe this is a little O/T, but I always thought that the information that sent DC on his little foray into the woods came directly to him from KC. This way JB and the A's would be not be directly involved. I think that DC was directed to work for the A's by JB expressly for this purpose. He was the middleman (the finder, so to speak) and was given the information by KC during a jailhouse meeting (I know there was one, I don't know if there were others). I think that DC spilled the beans to the state and thus the reason for this closed meeting.

one thing I've noticed about the NE is while they get the details completely scrambled on many things as if someone just hit a keyboard and used a little poetic license, there is often a small kernel of truth buried in the article.

I think you're right about the kernel of truth in this case.

I can also appreciate that this story is LP's story. I remember reading here on WS about him saying that. It could be just him selling that story again but it makes me think he sticks to it for a reason.

Maybe he knows it's not 100% accurate but early on in the case, while still close to JB(are they still?)he was privy to the knowledge that Casey confessed(to some degree and in some manner).

LP just keeps on sticking to the information he has because the juicy part is that Casey has confessed, he has sold that information before and maybe it is still worth money esp. because it is either connected to this motion people are speculating on or because right now it can seem connected because we don't know what the SA really has? :twocents:

Oh, I think this story is untrue also but I do agree it was "put out" for a reason.

"Then she said, 'When I got out of the car, I tripped over these bricks.'

Bricks: everyone, everyone has been calling those "pavers", not bricks.

...JS...

LP even called them pavers.

I can also appreciate that this story is LP's story. I remember reading here on WS about him saying that. It could be just him selling that story again but it makes me think he sticks to it for a reason.

Maybe he knows it's not 100% accurate but early on in the case, while still close to JB(are they still?)he was privy to the knowledge that Casey confessed(to some degree and in some manner).

LP just keeps on sticking to the information he has because the juicy part is that Casey has confessed, he has sold that information before and maybe it is still worth money esp. because it is either connected to this motion people are speculating on or because right now it can seem connected because we don't know what the SA really has? :twocents:

I could call the "National Enquirer" as a source and give the same exact story to them. Anyone can call and repeat what LP stated so long ago.

Where did LP sell that story before?

It could be true that DC was told by KC where to find Caylee AND that there was a daisy chain leading from a jail employee to RK.

On August 8 DC was an agent of Baez's. Anything KC said to him during that time was privileged. RK called LE the first time on August 11. In October DC went to work for the Anthony's. Hoover thought he saw an inappropriate coziness developing between Cindy and DC. Maybe as DC and Cindy became closer, DC couldn't keep what he knew about Caylee's demise to himself? A couple of weeks into November Cindy looked like she'd just been run over by a truck, DC was out on Suburban poking around with a spade and Nejame announced he was no longer working for the Anthony's.

I absolutely do not believe DC was out poking around for a body almost exactly where Caylee was by chance. If his source was KC and her version of what happened came out during a jail visit...then more than one of the rumors floating around could be true.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back