IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facing north from Fountain Square Mall on Kirkwood (5th Street) between Walnut and College downtown. Can't see it coming into play from what we know of her night.

*edit* Looks to have angled from the last time I looked at it. It is facing toward traffic on College Avenue so would be able to pick up vehicles that drove south on College.

That's what I was hoping for, south on College. Now, are these cameras accurate? Accurate as in do they reall exist in these areas?
http://tinyurl.com/64pu94t

That's what I was hoping for, south on College. Now, are these cameras accurate? Accurate as in do they reall exist in these areas?

The last updated date says Jan 2010 so all bets are off. If anything tho I would think there would be more cameras. There are several cameras according to that map on South College, a few of which may pick up cars better than that live one you posted but they don't appear to be public because they belong to Chase Bank and a few businesses on College. Some of the cameras aren't clickable, but some have text that describe the location. One says the intersection of College/Kirkwood--that would be a good one.

There's an awful lot on that map, maybe I can answer about one in particluar? As we have already seen with the new construction of the Villages and Morton Mansion apartments not shown on that map, there is some that aren't listed for sure.

There's an awful lot on that map, maybe I can answer about one in particluar? As we have already seen with the new construction of the Villages and Morton Mansion apartments not shown on that map, there is some that aren't listed for sure.

In answer to Mamamia's question, I believe the cameras exist in those locations, don't you, except for any changes and additions since Jan 2010 of course.

Well, I guess there are two that I'm most interested in. On the one at west 10th the title says, there are no less than six cams in the tenth and college apt/business complex. Two are in the parking area, one in the main mall area in front of the shops, and three in the courtyard in the middle of the complex.

And the other one would be, on west ninth and the title says there is one camera on the north side of smallwood plaza halfway between morton and college ave, on 9th street and it is a moving camera and pans to film the entire block, makes a full pan in about 20 sec. It is located near the entrance to the parking garage.

I suppose since there don't seem to be any listed for around 11th the others don't really matter much. So, are there any listed there that might pertain to the areas where it might catch vehicles or someone walking?

Well, I guess there are two that I'm most interested in. On the one at west 10th the title says, there are no less than six cams in the tenth and college apt/business complex. Two are in the parking area, one in the main mall area in front of the shops, and three in the courtyard in the middle of the complex.

And the other one would be, on west ninth and the title says there is one camera on the north side of smallwood plaza halfway between morton and college ave, on 9th street and it is a moving camera and pans to film the entire block, makes a full pan in about 20 sec. It is located near the entrance to the parking garage.

Yes, these are all there and the tenth and college apt has several more now in the alleys as detailed in the photo thread (and 2 in shop area that cover each entrance). The courtyard area is inaccessible from the outside, so you would have to be on camera entering the property in order to reach the courtyard.

And I still would like to know if any traffic cams exist on 37 north out of Bloomington.

I don't believe I've ever explicitly looked, but I've driven this route thousands of times and have never noticed or heard anyone mention cameras here for whatever that's worth. Maybe also relevant, I don't remember too many times that there hasn't been at least one State Trooper along this route either, though I don't make very many 4am trips.

Oh well, no biggie.

No chickjustin, no mrs. garcia shapiro...Now all that's left for me to do is click on "ideeli" ads here and look at all the cute clothes. :giggle:

LOL. Thanks for the bit of humor ... we need that from time to time ... :great:

I'm rather clueless today. As hard as it is to want to find LS' body, it's also hard when she doesn't show up ...

Any chance she just transffered schools and for get to tell everyone ...

I'd like to add something about MI ... some posters have talked about the lakes around JR's, and I've noted that the area is developed/congested. But there are two state rec areas on the route toward Ann Arbor, one of which, Pinckney, I know is filled with lakes. My family used to vacation at Halfmoon Lake, which is very deep and scary in spots, with big drop-offs (like 80 feet). I've included a map link mainly because it's bordered by UofM property.

This is the type of lake I'd envision a body in ... but park-goers would have been out by the time a MPOI arrived there from Bloomington. (Bit of trivia: There is a town called Hell in this rec area ...)

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/publications/pdfs/RecreationCamping/pinckney_map.pdf

I would think that JR and DB, if they took Lauren, would not take her to their hometown or en route to their hometown. That would sink them in a trial. I keep thinking of that tweet from DB and I'm thinking he took her somewhere that night, and perhaps DID return to Bton, tweeting as if to say to LE - "See I'm still here!" I think DB could have driven 2-3 hours in a different direction to dump the body and return to Bton by 10 AM to tweet at breakfast at the Runcible Spoon. That's why his car, his phone pings and any video of every exit out of Bton is so important.

I think FBI needs to pay a visit to Bloomfield Hills and shake things up a bit. I really believe that the only thing JR knows is that he sent Lauren home and DB left the apt - JR didn't want to know anything else. That would be a good reason for the silence - they don't know what happened to her other than she turned that corner and poof, disappeared into thin air. He also knows that DB took off for the night. Perhaps DB is so high on the food chain he has put the fear in all of these POIs and "knows people" that could mess them up. If he goes down, they all go down for something.

I think the MPOI is DB and every camera within a 200 mile radius of that campus should be looked at for his car. I doubt there was a ton of traffic at 4:30 in the morning. At least find the direction he was headed. If he wasn't thinking and brought his cell phone with, there would be pings that could be mapped.

I'm seriously distraught over LE's actions on this case. If they had the phone records of every POI (pings and all), checked every car with a cadaver dog, checked every camera for a POI car leaving town, I doubt they would be searching a landfill 2 1/2 months after she went missing. I believe that they are scattered due to the number of POIs that they're looking at. I also think their focus is on the 2:51 video - but the 2:51 video was before she went to 5 North. Perhaps the 2:51 video is irrelevant and she walked on to 5 North. Are they focusing too much on something that may be nothing?

Have they even questioned DB? Has the FBI paid a visit to Bloomfield Hills? If she is not in Bton, then the body was transported out of town in a vehicle. A cadaver dog would make a hit without a doubt. FIND HIS VEHICLE.

I would think that JR and DB, if they took Lauren, would not take her to their hometown or en route to their hometown. That would sink them in a trial. I keep thinking of that tweet from DB and I'm thinking he took her somewhere that night, and perhaps DID return to Bton, tweeting as if to say to LE - "See I'm still here!" I think DB could have driven 2-3 hours in a different direction to dump the body and return to Bton by 10 AM to tweet at breakfast at the Runcible Spoon. That's why his car, his phone pings and any video of every exit out of Bton is so important.

I think FBI needs to pay a visit to Bloomfield Hills and shake things up a bit. I really believe that the only thing JR knows is that he sent Lauren home and DB left the apt - JR didn't want to know anything else. That would be a good reason for the silence - they don't know what happened to her other than she turned that corner and poof, disappeared into thin air. He also knows that DB took off for the night. Perhaps DB is so high on the food chain he has put the fear in all of these POIs and "knows people" that could mess them up. If he goes down, they all go down for something.

I think the MPOI is DB and every camera within a 200 mile radius of that campus should be looked at for his car. I doubt there was a ton of traffic at 4:30 in the morning. At least find the direction he was headed. If he wasn't thinking and brought his cell phone with, there would be pings that could be mapped.

I'm seriously distraught over LE's actions on this case. If they had the phone records of every POI (pings and all), checked every car with a cadaver dog, checked every camera for a POI car leaving town, I doubt they would be searching a landfill 2 1/2 months after she went missing. I believe that they are scattered due to the number of POIs that they're looking at. I also think their focus is on the 2:51 video - but the 2:51 video was before she went to 5 North. Perhaps the 2:51 video is irrelevant and she walked on to 5 North. Are they focusing too much on something that may be nothing?

Have they even questioned DB? Has the FBI paid a visit to Bloomfield Hills? If she is not in Bton, then the body was transported out of town in a vehicle. A cadaver dog would make a hit without a doubt. FIND HIS VEHICLE.

I'm not sold on MI, Pedrosmom, but I know the area, so if someone brings it up ... What I lean toward is a place similar but closer. IMO, people often choose the familiar under duress ... we're creatures of habit. IDK Bloomington/IN enough to know where such places might be ... but I'm thinking woods/water, north but not too far north, like Martinsville or a natural area on the way there or not far beyond.

One concern I have is that a POI/MPOI may not even have the same vehicle anymore (though it could be traced, I'd think). Those under scrutiny have ample resources to make things like that happen, which differs from some cases. I also don't trust the parents to do the right thing, actually. It didn't happen in the other case I follow, which also involved a family with wealth. I don't mean to generalize, just to suggest that if that was the case, the resources are there to make things disappear. But checking in W. Bloomfield would be a start ...

IDK what would drive one POI to protect another POI (or an MPOI). Fear, friendship, money, what? Again referencing that other case, a probable accomplice with DNA ties was actually a former victim (sexual assault) of the suspect. And the crime in question is the murder of four children. But yes, in this case something involving more than one POI may have spiraled out of control, so those who know may be protecting themselves as well.

To wrap it up, while I do think the MPOI could be DB, I wouldn't rule out a DD or similar acquaintance who LS went to meet up with, perhaps on a POI's behalf. Just a thought ...

http://www.statementanalysis.com/court/

Found this website. Very interesting. Gives you some ideas how to detect deception etc in someone's statement. There is also a link on the site where you can test your own analysis skill.

This is very cool info. And I know CR said "That's all I can say, I'm sorry ..." in the interview after giving DNA. Interesting, no doubt!

This is very cool info. And I know CR said "That's all I can say, I'm sorry ..." in the interview after giving DNA. Interesting, no doubt!

That website a) is anecdotal and unscientific, and b) refers to courtroom testimony. CR's statement was made to the press, and his statement may be limited on the advice of his lawyer or request of LE.

That website a) is anecdotal and unscientific, and b) refers to courtroom testimony. CR's statement was made to the press, and his statement may be limited on the advice of his lawyer or request of LE.

True re: what CR said ... I'm sure his lawyer would advise that, in most circumstances, and perhaps especially in the case of memory loss ... I mean, maybe (?) that's really all he can say. I didn't think of it as possibly being at the request of LE, but I see your point ...

From the cell pings, IF they weren't a rumor, I've suggested searching a 15 mile radius around Oliver Winery. That's close enough to Bloomington yet the cell pings would reach the cell towers around Martinsville. But then who am I?

LOOK!

State Excise Police cited Kilroy's Sports Bar in Bloomington for serving alcohol to under-age Indiana University student Lauren Spierer on the night she disappeared.

http://www.wthr.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members