Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i am sad for the real victim in this case that being Karen Ristevski, that this has turned into such a soap opera/circus in her memory.

And i am sad for the real victim in this case that being Karen Ristevski, that this has turned into such a soap opera/circus in her memory.

And the thing is, there is no-one to threaten the media with defamation ... because evidently Borce and his family couldn't care less. It just aids them towards casting suspicion elsewhere.

And the thing is, there is no-one to threaten the media with defamation ... because evidently Borce and his family couldn't care less. It just aids them towards casting suspicion elsewhere.

That's a good point SouthAussie. If that were my loved one i would be extremely upset about those msn articles. Indeed why so quiet on BR & family side of things when their loved one who died is being dragged through the muck?

The Herald Sun has chosen not to reveal the nature of the conflict Mr Rickard alleges has plagued the family. But an aunt of Mr Rickard has backed his story, saying both her and an ex-partner have also spoken with detectives

In the past three months, he’s lost 15kg and his relationship

The conversation at his kitchen table, he says, was the first time he has spoken to authorities about his secret past.

An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says

She says her nephew confided in her a decade ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

:dunno:

The Herald Sun has chosen not to reveal the nature of the conflict Mr Rickard alleges has plagued the family. But an aunt of Mr Rickard has backed his story, saying both her and an ex-partner have also spoken with detectives

The conversation at his kitchen table, he says, was the first time he has spoken to authorities about his secret past.

An aunt, Melinda Dawes, says she was contacted by detectives on Wednesday night. “I told detectives then it’s (the conflict claim) not something that’s just come out in the last couple of weeks, it’s something we’ve known about for a long time,” Ms Dawes says

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...y/news-story/0b07846ab2b3a778654c0a6ee67f533f

Further to that

Until this week, investigators had been presented with a number of theories about Mrs Ristevski.
Mr Rickard’s story may not provide the answer they are looking for.
But police appear to be listening when he insists “none of it is as it seems”.

BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!

BBM, So what was done about it a decade ago by this relative? Did she let BR know? And what did he do about it? Did she confront about the then teenager's allegation? If not why not?
And why would AR move back in on BR, KR & SR's life if what he claims is true? Did he kill KR because of it because AR did state he would of liked to kill KR, but wouldn't. Ok whatever!

Good point Karinna, what did ARs aunt do about it? Did she try to encourage AR to go to the Police and make a complaint? If not why not? After all under the law it is a criminal offence. No sorry I think these allegations by AR hold as much water as a colander. IMO

Good point Karinna, what did ARs aunt do about it? Did she try to encourage AR to go to the Police and make a complaint? If not why not? After all under the law it is a criminal offence. No sorry I think these allegations by AR hold as much water as a colander. IMO

Exactly Armchair snoop. Can you imagine if one of our teenage kids came to us with that info. I sure know what i would be doing, and i certainly would be taking action, as i think most of us would.

Yes a 'conflict claim' does not seem to imply the seriousness of what is being alleged...imo

Theres a big distance between keilor Road shops and Moonee Ponds...

Who ever hand wrote those flyers......and managed to have them posted in those areas.....wanted to help...

Not a huge distance. Here's the route I walked from Avondale Heights to city and back 10 days after she disappeared (via both Keilor Road and Moonee Ponds) in the search for her bag or coat. There were maybe 6 posters on that whole route, 2 on Keilor Road, two in Moonee ponds and 2 on the path near Buckley street. Almost 20km including the entire tram route from Niddrie to Flemington. Nothing at a tram stop, bus station, train station. It was weird and very distressing that no one cared she was gone. If only I knew then what I know now. I literally couldn't sleep.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 26
Exactly Armchair snoop. Can you imagine if one of our teenage kids came to us with that info. I sure know what i would be doing, and i certainly would be taking action, as i think most of us would.
A decade ago AR would have been in his early twenties. I can understand the aunt allowing AR to make the decision whether to report the matter or not. Especially if he was vague about the details.

Under common law, the dead cannot be defamed.

Some stuff on defamation law here if you're interested: https://www.thenewsmanual.net/Manuals Volume 3/volume3_69.htm#member

BBM (from your link)

".... which traditionally defines defamation as:

The publication of any false imputation concerning a person, or a member of his family, whether living or dead, by which (a) the reputation of that person is likely to be injured or (b) he is likely to be injured in his profession or trade or (c) other persons are likely to be induced to shun, avoid, ridicule or despise him.

There is, however, provision for the relatives of a dead person to sue for defamation on their own behalf if they are defamed by what you say about their dead relative."

Touche.

Any way you look at it, it is extremely distasteful to smear the name of a person who is no longer around to speak her piece. Particularly when Karen was obviously murdered, and discarded in such a fashion. And particularly when the allegations could have been brought to the attention of the correct authorities many years ago, or even relatively recently, when Ant was an adult and Karen was alive.

MSM should be ashamed of themselves for giving a voice to these indefensible allegations.

BBM (from your link)

".... which traditionally defines defamation as:

The publication of any false imputation concerning a person, or a member of his family, whether living or dead, by which (a) the reputation of that person is likely to be injured or (b) he is likely to be injured in his profession or trade or (c) other persons are likely to be induced to shun, avoid, ridicule or despise him.

There is, however, provision for the relatives of a dead person to sue for defamation on their own behalf if they are defamed by what you say about their dead relative."
Can sue on their own account for the indirect damage to their own reputation. Presumably BR could sue AR or associated publications for what AR says about BR. That seems a bit tasteless somehow, a father suing his addict son. After that, not sure BR has any reputation left to be injured indirectly. Still seems tasteless, with his wife murdered, son a mess, for him to be fussing about indirect reputational damage. Sorry, I'm having trouble expressing myself.

I am not talking about suing his son. I am talking about shutting the media up. The link you provided also goes on to say that repeating someone else's words is no defence.

If Karen's family gave half a crap about her reputation, they would be doing something about it. But, as I said before, it may help Borce's cause.

Tasteless is allowing this to go on, and on, and on.

I am not talking about suing his son. I am talking about shutting the media up. The link you provided also goes on to say that repeating someone else's words is no defence.

If Karen's family gave half a crap about her reputation, they would be doing something about it. But, as I said before, it may help Borce's cause.

Tasteless is allowing this to go on, and on, and on.
I thought MSM had been fairly careful about what they repeated. However, they did make AR's existence widely known so the public could look him up for themselves. I'm conscious of some hypocrisy in joining the deploring of that.

As I think I've said before, it's odd that BR hasn't simply denied the allegation against Karen. "Karen's not here to defend herself" is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy