NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/spagetti-dinner-benefit-for-corrie-anderson-search/

Spagetti Dinner Benefit for Corrie Anderson Search

Posted on 15. Jan, 2009 by B Tarr in Calendar of Events
March 15, 2009
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm

On Sunday, March 15, 2009, there will be a Spaghetti Dinner and Chinese Auction held at the Ashville Firemen’s Training Ground, Ashville, NY. The event will be held from 12:00 noon until 4:00 pm, Proceeds go to help with the upcoming search effort and to add to the reward for finding Corrie.

I wish that I could be at this event. I actually have a hockey tourney in Buff that day. Anyone have a contact to donate directly?

I wish that I could be at this event. I actually have a hockey tourney in Buff that day. Anyone have a contact to donate directly?

I believe if you go to findcorrie.com it has the info to donate.:)

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/524015.html

CHAUTAUQUA - Snowmobilers from across the region turned out to support the family of missing local mother Corrie Anderson on Saturday by taking part in a special dice run.

By 11 a.m., more than 50 people had registered for the event, and had already began their trek across the county on their sleds. The Chautauqua County Snowmobile Club's headquarters on Hannum Road was the central starting point, although several other riders chose to join in along the route, which included 10 stops at area businesses which were all showing their support as well.

''We have really been overwhelmed by the support that the community has shown for us over the past few months,'' said Vicki Acquisto, Ms. Anderson's mother. ''And with the event today, we've had so much help from everyone and we are so thankful for the opportunity to have a fun day- we needed this.''

Lori Carson, a close friend of Ms. Anderson's sister Autumn Boardman, said Saturday was the perfect day for a dice run and she was happy to help her friend's family.

''We have a lot of friends that snowmobile and I thought this would be a good thing to bring everyone on board with,'' Ms. Carson said. ''There haven't been a lot of dice or poker runs this year and I think everyone was excited to participate in one, especially for this cause.''

Ms. Boardman said that one night when she was talking to Ms. Carson on the phone, she began crying, thinking about everything that has happened since that bitter day in October. It was then when Ms. Carson suggested the event, to help re-direct the family's attention, if only for a few hours in a day.

The family made their rounds to every stop on the dice run's list, eventually landing at the Maple Springs Fire hall, where the day concluded with a benefit concert headlined by the Mayville-area's own band, Disorderly Conduct.

The family has organized a spaghetti dinner which will take place on March 15, from noon to 4 p.m at the Ashville Fire Department's station. The event will also feature a Chinese auction and will benefit the family's reward fund which is now more than $15,000 for information leading to Ms. Anderson or the arrest of whoever is responsible for her disappearance.

Ms. Anderson was last seen Oct. 28, 2008, after visiting a friend at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street. Her 2005 Dodge Caravan was found Oct. 30 on an access road off of Kortwright Road - a location not far from her Wellman Road home. Ms. Anderson has green eyes and chin-length blond hair. She is about 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds.

Anyone with any information about Ms. Anderson or her whereabouts is asked to call the state police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 856-5600, or the Warren County, Pa. Crime Stoppers at 800-83-CRIME. All calls will be kept confidential and rewards can be collected anonymously.

http://www.findcorrie.com/Ways_to_Help.html

If you would like to donate:

The Corrie Anderson Family Fund has been established by Hultquist Library staff members at Jamestown Community College to assist the family of Corrie Anderson with ongoing expenses in the search efforts. Corrie has been a member of the library staff since 2005.

Checks should be made out to the Corrie Anderson Family Fund, and sent to:

Affinity One Federal Credit Union (formerly MRC)
545 E Second Street
Jamestown, New York 14701-5617
716-483-2798

Any monies not used in the search effort for Corrie will be converted to a College Education account for Corrie’s three children.

Sadly, there is still no new news.:(

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/525606.html

Snipped from article:

Texas Equusearch became involved after the family contacted them late last year, while the group was involved in the high-profile search for then missing Florida child Caylee Anthony.

''We are excited to come to the area and finally mobilize this search,'' said Michael Ray, a member of the non-profit search group. ''We wanted to do it sooner, but the weather hasn't cooperated. It's been a long, cold, snowy winter and we're glad it finally broke.''

When the group comes into Chautauqua County to begin the three-day search on April 3, they won't be coming alone or empty handed, Ray explained. They will be bringing unmanned aerial drones and and water sonar equipment, courtesy of companies the group contracts with.

Ray also said that the local search will include horses, ATVs and other means of locomotion to aid in the search for Ms. Anderson.

The support from the community has been solid, he said, citing the 40 team leaders who have signed up to help lead different aspects of the upcoming search. Many of them signed up at the Snowmobile Dice Run and benefit event that followed earlier this month in Chautauqua County.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/Search_for_missing_woman_continues_20090312

12 March 09

The search for a missing Jamestown mother is expected to get underway again up next month.

Texas Equusearch said it will return to the southern tier in early April to resume the search for Corrie Anderson.

The 36-year-old mother of three was last seen more than four months ago. Her vehicle was recovered in Busti, but she is still missing.

pic
Search_for_missing_wom67674c89-862e-421c-a027-c961a5fa64a60000_20090312095756_320_240.JPG

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/526718.html

Weather Delays Efforts

By Robert Rizzuto rrizzuto@post-journal.com
POSTED: March 27, 2009

The community search for a missing Busti woman has been postponed due to weather.

The family of Corrie Anderson, who has been missing since Oct. 28, said that rain in the forecast will prevent the search from starting next week.

Laurie Keefe, one of Ms. Anderson's cousins, said that with the amount of people signed up to help there was no way to make it work without a little sunshine.

"We have almost 1,000 people who have signed up to help us and with that many people, you have to accommodate them with shelter if the weather is bad," she said. "We just didn't have any way to do that so we had to move the dates back."

The community search will be led by Texas EquuSearch, a non-profit group that was established in 2000 and has participated in more than 1,100 searches in the U.S. and abroad.

Tim Miller, the director and founder of the group, will be in Chautauqua County Monday to meet with Ms. Anderson's family and potentially announce the new dates for the search.

Ms. Anderson, a mother of three, was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, when she visited her boyfriend, Mike Samuelson, at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown.

Her mother, Vicki Acquisto, reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Ms. Anderson didn't show up at her son Zack's school for a meeting. Police say items found at her house on Wellman Road suggest she made it home some time prior to her disappearance.

Two days later, her Dodge Caravan was found in a field off of an access road on Kortwright Road, not far from her home. That vehicle was then sent to Batavia where the New York State Police performed a forensic search. The results of that search have not been released.

"We are so grateful to the community for all their support ever since the day Corrie went missing," Ms. Keefe said. "It was a tough decision to postpone the search but we feel it was the right thing to do for now. We are hoping that everyone will stick with us as we look forward to setting a new date for the community search."

The New York State Police are leading the investigation into Ms. Anderson's disappearance and will reportedly be providing logistical support for the search.

There are currently several rewards in place which can be collected anonymously for information about Ms. Anderson's location or leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for her disappearance.

Both the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers and the Warren County, Pa., Crime Stoppers are offering unspecified rewards in addition to a $20,000 reward being offered by Ms. Anderson's family.

Anyone with information is asked to call the state police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 225-8172, or the Warren County Crime Stoppers at 800-832-7463. All calls and information will be kept confidential.

Search is re-scheduled for April 18th and 19th. Pray that we find Corrie and bring her home!

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/527056.html

snipped:

Despite several delays due to extended winter weather, Texas Equusearch is returning to the area later this month to look for clues in the disappearance of Corrie Anderson, a missing mother of three from Busti.

Ms. Anderson, a Busti resident, has been missing since Oct. 28, 2008, and over the past five months, her family has made several pleas for information leading to her discovery and safe return.

''I hope that we will find Corrie safe and bring her home alive but we need closure,'' said her mother, Vicki Acquisto. ''We can't say enough good things about the community though. Ever since the beginning of this, everyone has been so supportive and caring. We appreciate everything people have done and continue to do for us.''

On April 18-19, members of Texas Equusearch will lead volunteers from the community into several unspecified areas, all with the hopes of finding a clue that will help explain what happened to Ms. Anderson.

''I'm not here in New York because I want to be, I'm here because Corrie's family needs us,'' said Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas Equusearch. ''Out of the over 1,000 searches we've done, we've brought about 300 people home safe and brought closure to almost 100 other families. Those numbers might sound good, but there are more than 600 of them still missing, and those families are still hurting.''

My 17 year old son is an Explorer for the sheriff's office and will be helping in the search on foot. My next door neighbor is talking to his bishop to see if his community may assist. They are Amish and the bishop has to approve all things.

Here is another link for donations:
corrie.search@texasequusearch.org

http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/527349.html

Snipped:

On April 18-19, members of Texas Equusearch will lead volunteers from the community into several unspecified areas, all with the hopes of finding a clue that will help explain what happened to Anderson. ‘’I’m not here in New York because I want to be, I’m here because Corrie’s family needs us,’’ said Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas Equusearch. ‘’Out of the over 1,000 searches we’ve done, we’ve brought about 300 people home safe and brought closure to almost 100 other families. Those numbers might sound good, but there are more than 600 of them still missing, and those families are still hurting.’’ Miller started the group in 2000, several years after his daughter Laura was abducted and murdered in Texas. He said that sometimes the group doesn’t find anything on the first search, and returns for subsequent searches. Miller said the New York State Police, who are leading the criminal investigation into Anderson’s disappearance, will be called if anything of substance is found during the search. The command center will be set up at the Ashville Firefighter’s Training Grounds, and the non-profit group is requesting help from the community in a number of ways. ‘’We rely completely on donations and with these economic times, it can be hard to pull off searches like this,’’ Miller said. ‘’But we discussed it and wanted to make this happen for Corrie’s family. But if there are people in the community that can help us out where we need it, that would be greatly appreciated.’’ The group is a registered 501 (c) (3) charity, and all donations are tax-deductible. They are requesting donations of bottled water, non-perishable snacks as well as fresh fruit to help sustain the volunteers during the search. They are also requesting donated gift cards and certificates to local grocery stores, Home Depot and Wal-Mart, so the necessary items for the logistical part of the operation can be purchased. They also need office supplies, such as copy paper, manila folders and poster boards. Miller said donations are also accepted and can be directed along with all other inquiries about donating to corrie.search@texasequusearch.org

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/527831.html

As the non-profit search group Texas EquuSearch prepares to lead local citizens in a search for missing mother Corrie Anderson in a week, there are still some things they need to make the effort a success.

Ms. Anderson, a Busti resident, has been missing since Oct. 28, 2008, and was reported missing by her mother when she didn't show up at her son's school for a meeting.

The group is asking for financial donations to cover the costs of bottled water, office supplies and other items needed for the operation. They are also requesting gift cards from Home Depot, Wal-Mart and local grocery stores to cover the cost of other necessary supplies.

Since the group is a registered 501(c)3 organization, all donors will be given a receipt for tax purposes.

Members of the search group say that the mapping has already been completed for the search, but there are no plans at this time to use horses. They will be using ATVs however, but only in a support capacity. Officials say the vehicles will not be leaving the roads and used primarily to shuttle between the command post at the Ashville Fire Training Center and the search sites.

Anyone wishing to volunteer for the ATV support role should contact the group soon as they can only accept a limited number. All ATVs must be registered, insured and helmets must be worn during the operation.

People who have volunteered for the previously cancelled search need to sign up again, to make sure the group has an accurate and up-to-date list. Only volunteers 18-years-old or older are asked to join and it is requested that people leave their pets and children at home for their safety.

Those who are planning to participate are asked to wear proper clothing and footwear. Since wooded areas will be searched, long-sleeve sweatshirts and long pants are recommended.

There will be on-site support from local EMTs and food and water will be provided to sustain the group. Ms. Anderson's family is also planning on serving lunch and dinner for the search group on Saturday, April 18 and a lunch on Sunday.

Registration begins at 7 a.m. each day and searches are expected to begin around 8 a.m.

Anyone interested in donating, pre-registering for the search or learning more about the operation is asked to send an email to corrie.search@texasequusearch.org

Sad but true story:

I was in the local dollar store when a radio announcer over the stores system was reporting on Corrie. I heard 3 people in the next isle over saying how sick of hearing about it they were. They were talking about how the news should stick to important topics and not "old news".:eek:

My BIL who just got back from Iraq was with me. I had to all but drag him out of the store to not start a huge scene. We were both very saddened by the fact that there are people out there who could care less for someone in danger.:(

Search for Corrie Anderson scheduled this weekend

The search for missing mother Corrie Anderson is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.

Organizers are hoping for more than 1,000 volunteers to help search.

Searchers will meet at the Ashville, N.Y., fire department training grounds, 2118 Magnolia Ave.

The search is being organized by the search and rescue group called Texas EquuSearch.

Along with searchers, organizers are asking for donations including bottled water, snacks and office supplies.

Donated items can be dropped off before the search at the Salvation Army in Jamestown or Saturday at the command center.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090414/NEWS02/304149889

I don't understand. :mad: This was in my inbox this morning. There's nothing in the news and TES didn't email me, though they've been in contact for team-leader training which was supposed to be on Thursday. I understand that they can't help everyone but geez...... I am so disappointed. Please pray that the community can find Corrie and bring her home.

We released this to the press tonight. I wanted all of you to know that we really need you as team leaders on the search. Please continue with us, in spite of the difficulties we've had over the last couple of weeks. Team leader training will be held on Thursday evening, at 7 PM at the Chautauqua Suites in Mayville, NY. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Laurie Keefe
Corrie's cousin
keefela@gmail.com

FAMILY OF CORRIE ANDERSON TO HOLD COMMUNITY SEARCH, DESPITE TEXAS EQUUSEARCH WITHDRAWAL

PRESS RELEASE

Laurie Keefe (703) 981-0182

keefela@gmail.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 14, 2009 – Mayville, NY

THE FAMILY WILL CONTINUE FORWARD WITH THE SEARCH FOR CORRIE THIS WEEKEND, APRIL 18-19th.

Texas EquuSearch (the non-profit group that signed up to assist the family in the search) will no longer participate in the community search.

Although this news is disappointing to the family, they would like the public to know that all search plans and the schedule will remain the same and they still need community support. “It will be a more local effort, not as grand-scale, but still .. the mission is the same .. to search for Corrie. The hunters, farmers, firefighters and citizens that make up our community .. they know this land and we need their help. We truly value and appreciate their support. “

The search will begin Saturday, April 18th at 7 AM at the command center, Ashville Fireman’s Training Grounds, in Ashville, NY. We expect the search to continue all day Saturday and Sunday, the 19th.

If you are interested in participating in the search, please sign up at www.findcorrie.com or send us an email at findcorrie@gmail.com

THE FAMILY WILL CONTINUE FORWARD WITH THE SEARCH FOR CORRIE THIS WEEKEND, APRIL 18-19th.

Texas EquuSearch (the non-profit group that signed up to assist the family in the search) will no longer participate in the community search.

They gave no reason for pulling out of the search?

TES hasn't emailed me. I went to their site and there are many people missing locally. Perhaps they are searching locally and couldn't make it up here. I'm sad.
My husband says that they're putting their efforts/resources into searches that are most likely to be "productive." I told him I don't want to think that way, and I'm going to keep a positive mind-set. I'm going to do all that I can do, to help find Corrie.

To anyone who is in the Chautauqua County area: I just spoke to a family member. Corrie's family NEEDs our help. As many people as they can find to help in the search. Please, if you can help out or know of any people who can help, please consider helping in this search. TES pulled out and the family is doing this on their own... and they need as many volunteers as possible. Thanks... Live2Ride

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back