17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN Now. reporting GZ to make a statement very shortly!

Just curious, how would you or any of us know this, especially the no history of saying racial slurs part?

That seems like kind of a stretch. How do you know he hasn't or doesn't use racial slurs?

And there are those who may disagree about the profiling with all of his many 911 calls.

JMHO

Because I don't operate from a 'guilty till proven innocent' mindset. If there is no past evidence of something, then I can't say it's happened. That would be like me saying you are a racist, even though I've never seen you post anything racially insensitive.

Were all the 911 calls on only black kids?

One relatively minor point is the 911 call was connected at 7:09:34 pm. The shot that killed TM can be heard 41 seconds into another 911 call that began at 7:16 pm for a time of 7:16:41 when Trayvon was shot.

That's a difference of 7 minutes and 7 seconds, not 8 minutes. Another factor to consider is that for the first 2:07 of the call, TM is walking in full view of Mr. Zimmerman. He started running at 2:07 into the call per GZ for a clock time of 7:11:41, exactly 5 minutes before he was shot and killed.

Your point being that why didn't he make it home has certain possibilities to consider, such as, what if someone was waiting in ambush down this long sidewalk?

TMSneak2.jpg

What if TM lost sight of his pursuer and started walking?

What if that someone had lived there longer than a few days, and knew enough to know he could run the path in red, himself?

TMSneak3-2-1.png

I'm not saying that's what happened, mind you, but what if it did? A forced march back to a vehicle would start explaining how the body could be found where this dispatcher says, wouldn't it?

"Lying in the grass....in the back yard of 2831 Retreatview Circle"

Trayvon Martin's Body Location 2 Per Sanford Fire and Rescue - YouTube

Other than that, I can't think of too many reasons, myself, that TM didn't make it home with his Skittles and tea.

Are we sure that Zimmerman's call actually came in at 7:09:34 pm? The timeline I've been following as I've tried to reason out what happened came from here: http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083

If the call came in at 7:11, then Zimmerman saw Trayvon start running at 7:13 and he hung up with the operator at 7:15. Cell phone records show that Trayvon's girlfriend called him at 7:12 and the call ended at 7:16 just after she heard Trayvon ask why Zimmerman was following him and Zimmerman ask why Travyon was there. As I understand it since the record came from the bill, it's possible that the call ended between 7:15:30 and 7:16 since the minutes are rounded up on the bill (I could be wrong about this). 911 calls started coming in at 7:16. The shooting was at 7:16:41 and the police arrived at 7:17.

That timeline would allow for Trayvon to either run or walk fast and be nearly home when overtaken just after 7:15 by a Zimmerman who had continued to follow while speaking to the operator, if one believes the girlfriend's account which is that Trayvon told her that Zimmerman was behind him again. Her account that he told her about a suspicious man following him, that she urged him to run, and he said he would just walk very fast fits with this timeline of Zimmerman saying Trayvon was running at 7:13. Her account and Trayvon's cell phone bill fits with the reports of an argument reported by at least one witness before the scuffle or wrestling and wailing and yelling for help prompted a 911 call at 7:16. It also leaves very little time before Trayvon was shot. It's hard for me to believe that the confrontation could have become life and dead for Zimmerman so quickly and makes me think that it's more likely that an angry Zimmerman shot Trayvon because Trayvon fought back not because his life was in danger.

Why would GZ suddenly feel the need to make a statement? Where are his lawyers?

Not sure GZ's lawyers have even met GZ yet!

They haven't!! I think they're waiting to see how many --- well, I think they're waiting to see what kind of money comes in. Very telling that they are not doing this pro-bono? Most lawyers in a case like this would?

MOO

Wow ! this should be good ! can't wait until 4:30est !! GZ making a statement

So suspicion requires an illegal act? For me, it's out of the ordinary behavior that creates suspicion. Any person milling around in the rain at dark, looking at houses and not making a bee line for home would arouse suspicion for me, though likely not enough to call police. But then we haven't had burglaries here lately. When we had a spate of beer thefts from garage fridges last summer, I might've inquired myself.

Don't know that answer as fact? Do you know how many white teens have been walking in the rain at dark, looking at houses in his tenure there?

JMO and MOO but I just can't believe that only black kids ever walk in a community where there are lots of white residents too.

I know a lot of people who mentor children and they have pictures galore of them with the children. They're very proud of what they do and they are very proud of the children they mentor.

I personally do not think he mentored children? Maybe he went fishing with Joe Oliver and his children (if he has any??) and he considers that mentoring?

MOO

Whether or not there are pics, imo, it would not be a good idea for ANYONE to make them public at this time for the sake of the children who may have been involved, kwim?

JVM on HLN commented that statement to be made from courthouse??!!

Trayvon's story is relevant, it's just that the majority of the assumptions of his story being unfavorable to Zimmerman in lieu of known fact that shows the lack of objectivity. Again, we can all hammer Zimmerman until the end of time if/when the evidence takes us there. Why the rush?

I'm not sure what "the majority of the assumptions" are, exactly. That Zimmerman profiled Trayvon? For many of us it's not an assumption, rather an unavoidable conclusion. That Zimmerman has issues with aggression? His arrest record is a fact, if his conviction record is not. That he's previously found black males suspicious? His 911 call record suggests that's true. That he slapped, hit and threw women? Its not disputed thus far.

I find it very hard to pin down what can legitimately be called an assumption in this case, versus what people find to be rational conclusions based on fact.

To me, in my world, knowing what I know and coming from where I come from, its a gross assumption to take George Zimmerman at his word. Facts contradict his story; ergo I can't find one single reason I should believe anything he says at all.

I may have misheard, but they said the it's GZ's legal team that will speak on his behalf, not GZ himself speaking?

What??? Why the Courthouse?? Is the jail right there?

Dunno, came out of JVM's mouth, so who knows! But, is what I heard. And lawyers are there from what she said. Sounds like something could be going down real big!

Hoo boy. Sounds like his lawyers are going try and do some damage control. Good luck with that!

I went and jacked some bottles from the Side Bar. Please don't arrest me!

ETA: I'm really bad at posting pictures.

Attachments

• full bar.jpg
    full bar.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics