2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not exactly what he said...he said the last time he was in court, during break (prior to him getting called) he was present for a discussion that included his parents and information came out that he thought was important for Jose to be made aware of.

Is this a sequestration infraction? Cindy and GA were allowed in the courtroom, but LA was not - and sequestration means the witnesses cannot discuss the case between themselves..........even CA and GA. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jim Hoover was also outside this am in the witness area..........things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm

To play defense attorney for a moment.....unless there is a video of photo of HHJP and Geraldo chatting or appearing to chat.....it's circumstantial evidence and we must assume it has no value. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL. Good one! ;)

FWIW: If GR told me the sky was blue, I would have to go look outside to believe it. JMO.

This falls under ex parte communication, which is frowned upon except in instances permitted by law.

What could those 'instances' be? Could it have been about what ICA would testify to if she takes the stand? Baez did make a comment about needed to push the amount of time if/when his client took the stand. With all the incest/abuse allegations, could the Judge ask for a rundown of what the testimony would be?

Could any of this be that Casey is mad that Mason opened the door yesterday to the stolen credit card?

You mean as well as her mother letting the cat out of the bag about the "check charges"?

Is there any way to get the real picture...not only does it look staged, but also why on earth would they take this picture-it just looks absolutely fake, and this was my honest opinion since it was presented yesterday.[/QUOTE

This is what I thought when I first saw this photo. If you have a pool, and a young child lives with you why would let her open the door, I thought CA made sure baby Caylee knew to not go outside alone, so why let her open the door, and then take time to take a photo, I would think you use this opportunity to teach her, to tell her NO! YOU do NOT open this door. I don't know if this is baby Caylee in this photo. Without seeing her face it's hard for me to tell.

Not coming to anyones defense here but maybe they were testing to see IF Caylee COULD open the door by herself <?> Nowhere does it say that Caylee was able to open the door in regards to that picture. I don't think it's a fake, just distorted a bit. And maybe that picture was taken just as Caylee turned her head away from the camera.
Please don't shoot me :whiteflag:

@RichardHornsby Richard Hornsby
@kdn0307 @valmaarten In order of #CaseyAnthony speculation: 1. Discovery Issue, 2. Misconduct Issue, 3. Plea Offered, and 4. Jury Issue.
5 minutes ago via web

Hey Guys,

Hope we are going to see some fireworks today...cheering for SA offcourse :great:

Snipped by me.

We know there WERE fireworks today, but we neither saw them nor did we hear them. How frustrating !

aside: that bill S video I just posted... at the end Kathi B said right after the LA's testimony the jury went back into the jury room and were laughing it up

Bill S says that is not a good sign for the DT

http://www.wftv.com/video/28356205/index.html

They are not supposed to be discussing the case between themselves at all. If they were and laughing it up about the case it would be violation of JP's admonitions and be cause for a mistrial (which I guess would be a good siggn for the DT) So if they were laughing it up it probably had nothing to do with the case at all.

This is truely speculation just like everything else.

I think what happened is that HHJP does not want any more surprises so he had the DT lay out to him without the SA in there the rest of their case and who would be called. Thus the reason for ICA being in there. I believe it may have come up that they were going to prove sexual abuse whereupon the SA was brought in and this was brought up. SA objected and stated there would be no way to prove this unless GA got up and admitted or ICA got on the stand, This I feel is the reasoning for the sealing of the sidebar. I also believe that court was called so JA could depose the guy that was to testify this morning as there was new information he had and HHJP wanted to allow the DT all the leeway he could to nip an appeal in the bud.

HHJP has been on his game throughout this trial and is not going to let anything else stop it.
If there was a plea deal I think what would have happened is they would have brought ICA out in open court and asked her if she agreed to these terms and been told that HHJP can accept her plea of guilty but does not have to abide by the terms the SA and DT have come up with. This may have been said in the judges chambers as well and ICA didn't want to take the chance.

You see there are so many things we don't know and will never know. We can speculate all we want but may never ever know what took place in the Judges chamber.

All of this is of course MOO

Why the "He77" would HHJP tell Geraldo that he's "glad you're here"?

This is the man that Orlando Magazine has said doesn't socialize outside a tight circle of friends in the interest of avoiding conflict of interest issues.

Are we really to believe that HHJP would talk to Geraldo?

IMO.....If....and that's a big fat IF.....there was ANY exchange it was probably along these lines...

GR: Judge Perry.. Judge Perry... yoo hoo over here.... hi can you see me... hi.....hello

HHJP: looks over and nods

GR: to friend....I saw Judge Perry....he looked happy to see me. He's glad I'm here...I can feel it in my gut.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...teractive.html
Sure do wish I could lip read but one thing I pretty certain of is approx. 39:30 on this tape, something is said to KC by the woman with the long hair and KC says "That's exactly what I'm talking about". Right after that, KC gets up and she and that woman go into the room where the atty's are.

All of this has to do with whatever it was that KC was "exactly talking about".. What on earth could it be???????

If that is the case, then it makes sense that Judge Perry would have sealed the transcripts from the in camera discussions. Judge Perry would had to have asked Mason his reasons for wanting out. He certainly would not want any mention of possible impropriety on the part of Baez to be made public at this juncture.

(Obviously, my thoughts are centered on Mason being disgusted by Baez's behavior, and potential lack of ethics. I do not have any confirmed evidence either that this is why Mason called for the sidebar and then was overheard talking in a loud voice behind the courtroom doors, nor do I have any confirmed evidence that Baez has done anything unethical. I do, however, have VERY strong suspicions.)

That's what I am thinking. It has to be either CM wants out, or KC has an issue with JB that she is directing through CM. It's just about all if can be that would match up with the DT talking to the judge alone with the defendant, the conversation being sealed, and the prosecutions uninvolvement.

I feel like there is definitely something wrong with this picture too. Where did it come from? I think someone on this board would have that pic if it were real. You know what can be done on a computer now with morphing software and photoshop!! I wonder if the photo has been verified to be real? It doesn't look like Caylee to me.

Yea, kind like morphing a face, skull, and duct tape into one lol. Oh yea, and skull/tape pic not to scale.

Sometimes listening to Jane Velez Mitchell, I have to bite my tongue from yelling out the infamous Dan Ackroyd quote....Jane, you ignorant......! :)

My understanding is that he rec'd call, took deposition, asked court for additional time to review depo he took and THEN he informed the court of call. I might be wrong but thats what I'm getting out of it.

The chronology of this event was:
Dr R testifies in am
Dr R needs to come back for additional testimony
SA agrees to just depose him Sat afternoon instead of recalling for testimony
Saturday HHJP, JB, JA etc are in depo
They take a break, JA's phone rings
It is Dr Rs boss (Captain I think) from DoD who saw Dr R testifying on the news from home
Dr Rs boss says this is against DoD policy (which it is, and Dr R shld have known as he would have signed documentation on policies and infractions) and if Dr R continues he will be fired
JA pulls JB/HHJP aside to immediately tell them of this call
HHJP says he can hold Dr R if DT requires his testimony as material witness
JB says he doesn't want the man to loose his job, and besides they have another witness who can testify to the same info
All agree to let Dr R go

DT now comes up with this BS about the SA trying to pull some inside job with the DoD - but HHJP was actually there for the discourse, so JB shot himself in the foot all over again - which has made HHJP pizzed again.

But in order to ensure fairness, HHJP says bring me the documentation, let's confirm what the Captain said via testimony, and I'll make a ruling then.

I think JB really overstepped this time and has gotten his tooshie in a sling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa