TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
he knew where she lived and knew the family's routine it seems so i agree. stalker,remote acquaintance.

Or followed her home and then staked out the house a few mornings. She may not have actually known him. Except the apparent length of discussion points toward some recognition on her part.

There were many faulty assumptions by investigators by investigators on the morning of 04/13/2011, imo:

Has to be a local...due to the perp knowing the area.. Someone that knew Holly and the Bobo's routine.. friend, relative, neighbor, etc..

One only has to consider the many investigative resources that were brought in on 04/13/2011, to conclude that Holly Bobo's abduction was anything but routine, imo...

Take for instance; sexual predator/serial killer Adam Leroy Lane(Trucker/NC). His victims were not from NC, but from other states far away.. He would park his rig at a truck stop & venture into unfamiliar neighborhoods hunting unsuspecting prey. Lane, knew that investigators would rely on faulty assumptions & statistics, and then conclude that it had to be the spouse, friend, relative, neighbor, etc..as in Holly's case...

Adam Leroy Lane...Hunting Humans - YouTube

I haven't posted here in a while about Holly's abduction in a long time. It appears local to me. jmo

From what I got from Mark F. at the time, was an implication that she never went into the woods. More sensational that way, you know.

I'll start off by saying I didn't see that episode so I'm just going by what has been posted here.

My understanding is Mark F was told by LE there was no scent into the woods and not something he made up for sensationalism.

If true then either Clint's version was wrong, the dogs were wrong.

If Clint's version was wrong perhaps the perp had a vehicle much closer to the home than we think. Hidden.

If the dogs were wrong then I have no clue considering they had a fresh blood scent from Holly. These were FBI dogs from what I remember.

IMO

Foxfire, Holly's family also believed it was local and not just investigators. Now, I don't know if they assumed that to be the case based on what LE was telling them or if they came to the same conclusion as LE at the time.

I wonder what they believe now.

What if CB and the dogs were wrong? Wait a sec..I'm confusing myself.

It is much easier to look at the case by removing the eye witness. The dogs didn't track her into the woods. How much better could this be? Fresh blood at the scene. Her shoes and socks in the house. These dogs should have been hot on the trail. Why didn't the dogs track her?

Wasn't this discussed amongst the dog handlers and SAR group right there in Darden?

Foxfire, Holly's family also believed it was local and not just investigators. Now, I don't know if they assumed that to be the case based on what LE was telling them or if they came to the same conclusion as LE at the time.

I wonder what they believe now.

For sanity reasons, the family has to hold on to hope...imo.

Sheriff Wyatt, and all three TBI spokespersons repeated these faulty conclusions with every news update. This perceived hypothesis ignored all the many obvious indicators of a stranger abduction by an experienced sexual predator, imo.
Ironically, and sadly, these conclusions are exactly what Holly's abductor
was banking on..

It's my understanding the dogs lost the scent when the woods meet the Swan (Something) Road. Which leads you to believe there was an "exit" car waiting there.

For sanity reasons, the family has to hold on to hope...imo.

Sheriff Wyatt, and all three TBI spokespersons repeated these faulty conclusions with every news update. This perceived hypothesis ignored all the many obvious indicators of a stranger abduction by an experienced sexual predator, imo.
Ironically, and sadly, these conclusions are exactly what Holly's abductor
was banking on..

I believe at the time all evidence pointed to a local and not a random lucky perp who just happened on the Bobo property. Even now, the family still believes it is someone who knew of Holly's routine which would lead one to conclude that the theory of the perp being local is still up there on the list. Water bottles distributed at the homeless shelter is another indication.

We have to look at the list of theories and start narrowing it down to the most probable to the least probable given what we know. Of course, we don't know everything the family and LE know but it's all we can do based on what was put out there to the public.

As with any case, the ones closest to Holly have to be cleared in order to move on to the next theory.

We assume Mom, dad, brother were ruled out even though it hasn't been officially announced.

Next would be the boyfriend. Same as above

Next would be extended family and friends, ex boyfriends.

Next would be acquaintances. Coworkers, school mates, neighbours, etc

If all of the above have been ruled out, we go into the stranger did it.

I wonder where investigators are.

IMO

So, here's kinda how it goes.
Provided that you are CERTAIN that you are at the PLS (place last seen) and a good scent article is being used and dogs are set on the trail and they lose it in a very short distance before you hit the edge of the property; there are really only 2 conclusions you can draw. Either she is still on the property or the dogs/handlers missed it (possibly because of training focuses). So, then, you simultaneously ensure that she is nowhere on the property and you bring in more dogs. Again training comes in to play here, and working out from the home can be tough, especially for dogs that are of the police variety. This is because there is an enormous residual scent pool at a home, 1 trail, laid over another and another and another so to speak, and police dog training focuses on tracking down a suspect, which generally is not happening from their residence, but the scene of the crime, so a much cleaner scent trail.

Been thinking today about how they got the tip to recover the cell phone. Was it just a genre real search on an Easter Sunday? Or did somebody call it in?

OT- Salute to the Canadian Border Patrol..

RSO Predator Merle Dean Shamblin; Trucker
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Florida-Trucker--148549885.html

Although Shamblin doesn't to fit the physical description of Holly Bobo's abductor, according to CB. Some of the info that I have been learning about him is very concerning, imo. According to the article, Shamblin took his computer to a Florida repair shop in 2010. The info, that I am learning indicates that the photos & other evidence found on his computer by the technician are very damning, imo..

More than 900 images of child *advertiser censored* were found on the computer, the newspaper reported.

Trucker Predator/SK Adam Lane, would park his big rig at truck stops & walk into nearby neighborhoods to attack victims.
Shamblin, also a trucker, hauled vehicles and had access to them for increased mobility. His routes were nationwide..

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=80614

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32274027/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/stranger-house/#.UGiH4k3Ae8A

Stranger in the house

Sadly it also would not surprise me at all if this guy inserted himself into the searches early on.

I'll start off by saying I didn't see that episode so I'm just going by what has been posted here.

My understanding is Mark F was told by LE there was no scent into the woods and not something he made up for sensationalism.

If true then either Clint's version was wrong, the dogs were wrong.

If Clint's version was wrong perhaps the perp had a vehicle much closer to the home than we think. Hidden.

If the dogs were wrong then I have no clue considering they had a fresh blood scent from Holly. These were FBI dogs from what I remember.

IMO

He heard it from LE but it was a dispatcher. Not exactly someone who knows the exact details of the investigation.

It's my understanding the dogs lost the scent when the woods meet the Swan (Something) Road. Which leads you to believe there was an "exit" car waiting there.

That's my understanding as well, but I think it is all, including Fuhrman, much speculation/rumor and nothing confirmed by LE.

Been thinking today about how they got the tip to recover the cell phone. Was it just a genre real search on an Easter Sunday? Or did somebody call it in?

My understanding is it was a general volunteer search just like the previous ones.

The RUMOUR is the call went to Karen and not LE about the find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow