OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where could they be?
I guess it will be awhile before we know, if there are no searches scheduled.

This is what gets me... Time is running out for them to survive alone without food/water/shelter *IF* they are stuck somewhere. Why stop now? Sure, it's hunting season, but wear orange safety vests, post notices, spread the word that a search is occurring b/c people's lives may be at stake.

After reading and looking at tons of stuff something was twigging as not be quite right. I don't think the family went hiking around that tract of land based on this:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...ng-Eufaula-Family/gBNJUmQ9p02GKBnrBPj4yA.cspx

Also, maybe the large sum of cash came from some sort of disability claim - just another avenue to explore.

ETA: More than just this one statement is not quite right - just clarifying that this is not the only "not right" thing.

I'm thinking the back disability may have not still been the problem it was earlier. If it was, why would this man even be looking at raw land which would require a lot of work to make it into a place to live. Was he a hunter himself? Was he looking to buy the place so he could have a place to hunt? Hmmm. I see the husband walks with a stoop. I just don't understand them looking at this kind of land if he was in such bad shape.

It is my understanding that black powder season opened after the Jamison family disappeared. I will check to see if hunting season on anything was open when they disappeared. It's very dangerous for them to be looking at land with an open hunting season in progress. I can't imagine taking my child into that kind of situation or going out there myself without wearing florescent orange to avoid being shot. Wonder if some stupid hunter shot one of them, and then killed the others to cover it up?

Not trying to give hunters a bad rap here as I'm a hunter myself, but there are all kinds of hunters, and some quick to shoot, not paying close enough attention to what they're aiming at, the ones that give hunters a bad name.

This is what gets me... Time is running out for them to survive alone without food/water/shelter *IF* they are stuck somewhere. Why stop now? Sure, it's hunting season, but wear orange safety vests, post notices, spread the word that a search is occurring b/c people's lives may be at stake.

Hate to say it, but I think time's already run out for them to survive out there.

I have just been going over a lot of the comments left on numerous news sites etc about this area they are missing from and it seems the general concensus is there is a lot of people growing pot and having meth labs around the area as well as all the mines. Don't like reading about that at all.
Here is a link to some discussion of it on one site all in the comment area:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/kotv/TIIDQ5BE5HPVJVPMQ/p3

Ok, I checked and archery season was open for both deer and bear when the Jamisons disappeared. Rabbit season was open, but typical that would have been rim fire cartridges, and from the only picture I've seen of the land around the truck, this doesn't appear to be the type of terrain for rabbit hunting. It would be done on more open, flat, prairie type land, not rough, hilly terrain. No gun season was open so there shouldn't have been any hunters in the area with guns, only bows.

I'm glad the FBI is involved.

I am unable to access either of the last two videos posted. Get a message saying the video is no longer available. Never mind. I got it on my third try.

Hmm. The missing woman's mother's eyes sure were clear for someone missing both her daughter and granddaughter. Kind of odd. My eyes would be red for months from crying.

I am unable to access either of the last two videos posted. Get a message saying the video is no longer available. Never mind. I got it on my third try.

Hmm. The missing woman's mother's eyes sure were clear for someone missing both her daughter and granddaughter. Kind of odd. My eyes would be red for months from crying.

Haven't followed this case but did I see the video.
Everyone deals with stuff differently. She could be in shock; eventually it will hit her.

With my dad when he passed, I was able to hold it together for the most part. It hit me really bad a few months later & I was a mess and continue to still cry when I talk about him & it's almost been 4 years

I know Sherrilyn, and seems out of character for her to have left the dog without thinking she would be back shortly. She loved her kids and loved her animals. She is a very sweet person and I hope and pray nothing has happened to the family. Them getting into someone else's vehicle seems the most plausible explanation as to why they can't be found, but I've also wondered if they came up on someone doing something illegal or if there was a hunting accident because it is deer season.

Search for Eufaula family picks up to beat dangers of hunting season

RED OAK — The search for a missing Eufaula family is racing the clock with black-powder hunting season beginning on Saturday, Latimer County Undersheriff Matt Bohn said Thursday.

Anyone with information about the Jamison family’s disappearance is asked to contact the Latimer County Sheriff’s Office at (918) 465-2161.
"That will just about make it too risky to be out there searching after that,” Undersheriff Matt Bohn said.

A hunter found the GMC pickup of Bobby and Sherrilynn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson, about 30 miles from their home on Saturday and alerted a nearby landowner, Bohn said.

The landowner then remembered seeing the white pickup with a yellow flashing light on top on Oct. 9 and called the sheriff’s office.

Bohn said Jamison bought a used utility truck, and the yellow light is not connected to his livelihood.

Read more: http://newsok.com/search-picks-up-to-beat-dangers-of-hunting-season/article/3411255#ixzz0Unhe9Fgj

What is black-powder hunting?

Junebug1, thank you so much for posting. It just seems that there's not alot of info about this family - what they were like, etc. Details like that endear folks to the public and makes/keeps them interested which could lead to a resolution. So thank you for sharing. I truly hope they are found.

I know Sherrilyn, and seems out of character for her to have left the dog without thinking she would be back shortly. She loved her kids and loved her animals. She is a very sweet person and I hope and pray nothing has happened to the family. Them getting into someone else's vehicle seems the most plausible explanation as to why they can't be found, but I've also wondered if they came up on someone doing something illegal or if there was a hunting accident because it is deer season.

:Welcome-12-june::balloons: Junebug!

Welcome to WS Junebug1: Makes me wonder why they left coats, cell phone, gps, purse, wallet, dog and money in the truck - it sure looks like they were planning to return to the truck doesn't it?

Do you know if the man who stayed with them last year is still in the area?

Again, welcome to WS and any insight (without jeopardizing any investigations of course) to the family and what could possibly have happened to them is much appreciated.

I thought she only had one kid, madyson?

She has a son. I'm not sure why he hasn't been mentioned. I believe he either is, or almost is a teenager. I don't know anything about the guy that stayed with them. Sherrilyn told me she lost a sister a few years ago. She was stung by a wasp and died from an allergic reaction. She had a very rough time with that.

It's been a while since I've talked with Sherrilyn. She had moved her mother to Eufaula because the dad/stepdad was running through their retirement savings rather quickly. She mentioned he was suffering from dementia, senility or alzheimers, she wasn't sure exactly what was going on with him.

I don't know if the son is hers, his, or both.

Still scratching my head over this one. Has the amount of money found been verified? The lack of bodies presents a problem if they were killed or if it was a murder/suicide thing. I lean towards the husband/dad (even though I don't know a thing about him) maybe he got into something and they needed to just disappear. He told the wife something so that she believed him. I don't know and have no proof of anything, but it just seems like they got into another car for whatever reason. Why though and where are they??

She has a son. I'm not sure why he hasn't been mentioned. I believe he either is, or almost is a teenager. I don't know anything about the guy that stayed with them. Sherrilyn told me she lost a sister a few years ago. She was stung by a wasp and died from an allergic reaction. She had a very rough time with that.

It's been a while since I've talked with Sherrilyn. She had moved her mother to Eufaula because the dad/stepdad was running through their retirement savings rather quickly. She mentioned he was suffering from dementia, senility or alzheimers, she wasn't sure exactly what was going on with him.

I don't know if the son is hers, his, or both.

Hey Junebug!! Welcome and thank you so much for your input! So Sherrilynn's mother is now in Eufaula without her daughter. She must be sick with worry. Sherrilynn's dad/stepfather has dementia? Do you know how long ago Sherrilyn moved her mom out to be nearer to her? Was it fairly recent? And how far away does the dad/stepdad live from where this family lived?

Excellent thinking about the family getting into someone else's car. I pray this case has a happy ending it is quite the mystery. I have been checking the web and news for updates daily. I wanted to ask if you if there were underground rivers around those parts where the family went missing? I have been doing a lot of reading and I read about how the underground tunnels and rivers fill up quickly with all the rain and if someone fell in through a shaft or a hole they would probably not survive. I might think this more probable were it one family member alone but all three of them? It is just so perplexing! Thank you for any answers you might be able to provide! So glad you are here~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member