17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GZ was beaten wouldn't he be in the ER or hospital for a few hours to check out a concussion etc? stiches? broken nose? I need proof because I don't believe his story.
LE told him not to go after Trayvon and he kept chasing...........why?

Here are few examples of bank signs.

00052195000A.1.jpg

safetysign7.gif

125x125_designF.jpg

safetysign5.jpg

Here are a few examples of bank robbers wearing hoods:

bankrobbery2.jpg

bilde

everett2.jpg

2.jpg

As you can see, those who are robbing, are wearing the hood to hide the face.
That's why hoods are not allowed in many banks.

JMO

There are many if not more pics of bank robbers with hats and sunglasses and many with no disquise. I do think banks have the right to restrict any problem clothing. I think the one that cracks me up most is one who wore a bike helmet. Even surgical masks are used.

GZ's father is saying his son had a broken nose, wouldn't there be a swollen nose?
a medical proof? Did I miss this? I was at the hospitl all day yesterday and I must catch up.
GZ's father is a JUDGE.........is this why people are protecting him?

I see no evidence in the video of Zimmerman the night of the incident that would lead me to believe that the had a broken nose, or that his head was hit against concrete or even that he had been in any kind of major fight at all.

Stay tuned though, because I hear it coming, it will be the ubiquitous we struggled for the gun and it just went off....accident...am I the only person that hears that one being lined up ready for tee off? I am betting that will be the next incarnation of the story IMO JMHO and stuff.

While that's certainly a possibility, it's also possible that a hand wrapped around the gun from the top would prevent the slide mechanism from fully engaging to eject the spent shell and/or load a fresh one from the magazine.

I suppose it is possible to keep the slide from moving once the gun is shot but remember this was either a compact or sub-compact (don't remember what type of gun) so it is somewhat small and it would be hard to get a good enough grip to deter the slide, which is powered by the explosion of the gun powder, from moving rearward. The front sight might also leave a mark/gash on the hand of whoever is holding it.

If you must devise a scenario where the silde is prevented from moving back I suspect it is much more likely that Zimmerman was holding the gun at an odd angle and the slide hit his fist - again leaving a mark of some sort.

However anything is possible.

I remember being in Texas and saying WOW they are all cowboys here.
Yap many do carry and it seemed to be normal there.
It is not where I live.

What would be normal is an investigation.

Where I live there are signs on the store windows....No concealed weapons. You can have, you can wear them but you can't conceal them while you are in the store. jmo

that's "hoods", not "hoodies".

It was originally stated as hoodies, that's what was confusing and being questioned.

Many things have hoods in addition to hoodies, jackets, coats, sweaters.

Not being allowed to wear a hood up in a bank makes perfect sense, not being allowed to wear hoodies didn't.

JMHO

Perhaps you missed my post before the one you quoted where I explained just that.

:smile:

There are many if not more pics of bank robbers with hats and sunglasses and many with no disquise. I do think banks have the right to restrict any problem clothing. I think the one that cracks me up most is one who wore a bike helmet. Even surgical masks are used.

I agree. But we WERE TALKING about hoodies.
That's why pictures of HOODIES were shown.

I'm not arguing the sunglasses, hats, surgical masks thing.

Those da#n evil hoodies. I knew they were trouble. They are just like Rock and Roll, and that heathen Elvis and his shaking pelvis! It all leads to wild drinking and drugging and sexing! Those of you who have them should burn them now!!!!!!!!!! Save Amerika' da#nit burn a hoodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the man has no hair, nothing for anyone to grab ahold to slam his head down on concrete. He did say that. What you see is at the very top of his head does not appear to be a gapping wound? And it's even harder to imagine how it got there. It would be an area where if he were injury he got hit with something, an object, like a cell phone perhaps. jmo

Good point... but would not have to grab his hair to slam his head, you can slam it in other ways.
DID GZ say he grabbed his hair? if he did then it would be interesting to see how that happened.

I do think the kid was scared, I also think the kid was not going to show he was scared.
IMHO The kid showed a rebellious side, but I can’t say that GZ was not hot headed at all, I think he was.
But I don’t think he set out to kill anyone. I do think it was aggravated manslaughter or something like that, negligent homicide maybe.
But some charge should be made, and GZ can claim self defense and hopefully get the right verdict.
Do I believe for one second this kid was squeaky clean. NO WAY.

I have a question though and maybe some of our gun enthusiasts can answer it,

IF GZ and TM were struggling for the gun, and TM got his hand on the gun where the part that slides back and forth when it is fired is, could that have stopped another bullet from reloading in the chamber after it was fired?

I know that I'm not using technical terms but I hope you understand what I am asking, and also is it possible that maybe there would be skin or dna caught around where that slide is to show that is what happened?

Just rambling, it might not even be possible or anything.

I'm not going to say its impossible, because I'm no expert, but I will say highly unlikely. For starters the slide on that gun isn't very long. It would be hard to get a grip on it. Also, it moves SOOO fast. Usually, if anyone has contact with the slide while in action, its by mistake, and supposedly really painful.

If you look at this real quick video on the PF9, you will see how small this gun is. (which is why its so popular as a CC weapon.) You can also see how fast the slide action is on this, and all semi-automatics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQRMKSu1piQ"]Kel-Tec PF-9 - YouTube[/ame]

HTH

Those da#n evil hoodies. I knew they were trouble. They are just like Rock and Roll, and that heathen Elvis and his shaking pelvis! It all leads to wild drinking and drugging and sexing! Those of you who have them should burn them now!!!!!!!!!! Save Amerika' da#nit burn a hoodie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny.

But they do hide the face. That's why they are not allowed in SOME places.

I have several. I've never stolen a quarter.

I'm sure most who wear them are not bank robbers.

But they are a security risk. HIDES the face.

WOW - On HLN now. Reporter is talking about the time stamp on the video - he said the time stamp is 19:52 - that would be 7:52. Man, they got in there, processed that scene and got out REALLY QUICK!!! That's not even a whole hour after the shooting.

Unbelievable - but not surprising.

JMHO

There's reason to believe that Trayvon Martin certainly did reach for the gun, AFTER George Zimmerman cocked it and pointed it towards his chest.

The boy's hand may very well have been wrapped around Zimmerman's pistol as he fired the shot that ended his young life.

It was a semi automatic ready to fire. No cocking required. Just pull the trigger.
And agree that Tray got a hold of the front of the gun, hence the malfunction and was trying to push it away, hence his arms under his body. And not where he was abusing GZ's head.

Trayvon was not in a bank or store.........he was a kid going home wearing a hoodie.
OMG that could be anyone..............

I see no evidence in the video of Zimmerman the night of the incident that would lead me to believe that the had a broken nose, or that his head was hit against concrete or even that he had been in any kind of major fight at all.

Stay tuned though, because I hear it coming, it will be the ubiquitous we struggled for the gun and it just went off....accident...am I the only person that hears that one being lined up ready for tee off? I am betting that will be the next incarnation of the story IMO JMHO and stuff.

Would it ever be considered an accident though since GZ was pursuing TM?

Funny.

But they do hide the face. That's why they are not allowed in SOME places.

I have several. I've never stolen a quarter.

I'm sure most who wear them are not bank robbers.

But they are a securit risk. HIDES the face.

I think we have established this.....

The no hoodies in banks is really for the soft crimes like passing bad checks and forgery. They want good angle shots of these people. No bank robber is going to pay any attention to the sign.

Anyone with a concealed carry liscense can walk around with a loaded gun. I know several who do. Him having a gun IMO had nothing to do with him being on the HOA. MOO
BBM

His not being an owner, however, had everything to do with his not being a member of the Home Owners Association. Trayvon was killed in a common ground area of the community that is equally owned by all of the owners in the development. As such, they have potential liability for any negligent act.

A non owner who doesn't share in this potential liability will come back to haunt this community before it's all over, IMO. Concealed carry permit or not, he should never have been allowed on the common grounds of these owner's homes with a loaded gun.

The Martin family could bring a wrongful death case against Retreat at Twin Lakes Homeowners' Association, Inc, the homeowners association for the central Florida gated community where the killing took place, legal experts said.

Such a lawsuit would likely allege that the association was negligent in overseeing Zimmerman's activities, and could seek a judgment in the seven-figure range, said Philip Gerson, a Miami trial lawyer and founder of the law firm Gerson & Schwartz.

The homeowners association acknowledged Zimmerman and the neighborhood crime watch in a February newsletter, according to the Associated Press. The newsletter encouraged residents to contact Zimmerman in case of an incident, it said.

"If you've been the victim of a crime within the community, after calling the police, please contact our captain, George Zimmerman ... so we can be aware and help address the issue with other residents," the newsletter said.

That relationship is likely to come into play, said Donna DiMaggio Berger, a founding partner at the law firm Katzman Garfinkel & Berger, which represents community associations in Florida.

"It's not as if the association can say we had no idea ... that Zimmerman held himself out as a neighborhood watch captain," she said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/28/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE82R1K620120328

George Zimmerman, as a non owner has exactly ZERO shared liability with this association. THAT'S why he couldn't walk around with a loaded gun in the gated community where I live in central Florida. As I said last night, the O sandwiched between the H and the A doesn't stand for renter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj