GUILTY TX - Keegan Sharkey, 3 mo, beaten to death, San Antonio, 10 Oct 2009

believe09

Reaction score
This child had multiple skull fractures and there were repeated investigations by CPS starting when the baby was FOUR DAYS old-yes folks, this was the date of the first "accidental" fall from his baby carrier.

Dad confessed to injuring his infant son.

Three cheers for Texas-the will go down in the books for valuing the life of a child in this case.

http://www.ksat.com/news/21300722/detail.html

Now my heart hurts. This poor, precious baby.
With so many people out there that ache and yearn for a child to love and raise, and can't have one... why is it there are so many monsters out there that treat children like punching bags and pieces of trash?
I will never understand it.

I cannot understand the mentality that allows for this kind of behavior. Drugs? Fair enough-leave the child with someone, a firestation, police station, hospital.

Guess what folks-we were designed to be able to procreate. What separates us as a society is our ability to CHOOSE whether or not to procreate. If you cannot handle the aftermath, do not do it. OR give your baby to someone who will cherish it for more than a moment.

I don't understand how the first skull fracture was dismissed and attributed to a fall from a carrier. Unless that fall was from a good hight and on concrete. But I doubt it,just another social worker that didn't want to be bothered.

I know babies are fragile,but not THAT fragile or humanity would have gone extinct. Time and again such minor falls are written off as believable excuses for serious injuries then the babies/toddlers are eventually killed.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have two (now) adult daughters that survived many a mishap with no broken bones nor skull fractures. Especially since my oldest daughter was 4 years old when my youngest was born and would sometimes haul her out her crib to play when I wasn't looking.

Jeez, what is it that makes CPS turn a blind-eye to these reports of abuse? Certainly it wouldn't be for lack of caring...or would it? You wouldn't think that those who become social-workers, do it because it pays well! I can't quite wrap my mnd around, NOT doing something, when abuse, is suspected.

Jeez, what is it that makes CPS turn a blind-eye to these reports of abuse? Certainly it wouldn't be for lack of caring...or would it? You wouldn't think that those who become social-workers, do it because it pays well! I can't quite wrap my mnd around, NOT doing something, when abuse, is suspected.

Does social work even pay well? If not, then are the employees getting some kind of sick revenge by letting abuse get by?

I didn't think it paid well at all...so why do people get in to it, if not to make a difference? (That's my question).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back