GUILTY AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously saying that you believe there was no premeditation? His father was still wearing his work hat and had just entered the house. Are you claiming he shot his father in self defense, on the spur of the moment?

Regardless of how you believe he came to shoot and murder his father, Tim's murder was premeditated.

I didn't never claim that he shot in self defense nor did I believe that he entirely planned to kill both man specially not Tim. There is no evidence that he planned it a long time before.

I didn't never claim that he shot in self defense nor did I believe that he entirely planned to kill both man specially not Tim. There is no evidence that he planned it a long time before.

I disagree. He said so, on more than one occasion. Unfortunately...people mistook his words as just that....words said in anger as an expression.

He wasn't shocked after the murders, he expressed zero remorse, he coldly and brutally kept on shooting until he was sure they were both dead, he had his alibi all fabricated and ready to go. Oh he planned it alright.............no doubt in my mind.

What's a "long time before" ???

Premeditation can happen in a second....he planned far longer than that!

I believe that any premeditation was very brief. I do not think he schemed this for a long period of time or thought it through at all.

I'll tell you one thing that has me curious and perhaps y'all could help. I am very interested in following the development of this child and I wonder how "easy" that will be through the years. I mean - no one in the world seems to know what's going on with the boys (men now, of course) who killed James Burger.

I believe that any premeditation was very brief. I do not think he schemed this for a long period of time or thought it through at all.

I'll tell you one thing that has me curious and perhaps y'all could help. I am very interested in following the development of this child and I wonder how "easy" that will be through the years. I mean - no one in the world seems to know what's going on with the boys (men now, of course) who killed James Burger.

As I know their identity had changed they live on different places, and they didn't get violent since they where released. I think they took their second chance.

I have always wondered if it wasn't two fold why they gave these particular two murderers hidden identities with whereabouts unknown.

The majority of the citizens had to be very angry with this decision to release so I believe partly it was done for their safety. That case was one of the most horrific ever in their country but by the government issuing them new identities and whereabouts unknown if they re-offended again the public wouldn't know about it.

I think in this case the premeditation was at least hours for his father although he was already making threats to kill even before then. I think he came home from school that day already with the full intentions of murdering his father when he came in from work. The premeditation of Romans may have been briefer but it most certainly was established beforehand. He had to have formed aforethought and knew he was luring Tim closer to the house with full intentions of murdering him.

imo

I disagree. He said so, on more than one occasion. Unfortunately...people mistook his words as just that....words said in anger as an expression.

He wasn't shocked after the murders, he expressed zero remorse, he coldly and brutally kept on shooting until he was sure they were both dead, he had his alibi all fabricated and ready to go. Oh he planned it alright.............no doubt in my mind.

What's a "long time before" ???

Premeditation can happen in a second....he planned far longer than that!

Premeditated murder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Premeditated)

Criminal justice · Law
v • d • e
Premeditated murder is the crime of wrongfully causing the death of another human being (also known as murder) after rationally considering the timing or method of doing so, in order to either increase the likelihood of success, or to evade detection or apprehension.[1] State laws in the United States vary as to definitions of "premeditation." In some states, premeditation may be construed as taking place mere seconds before the murder.

imo

Tiffany Romero's father Jeff DeVall wants the court to block the boy from receiving any Social Security payments resulting from the death of his father Vincent Romero. Tiffany was married to Vincent at the time of the November 2008 murder.

DeVall claims the boy's mother, Eryn Bloomfield, has applied for or is receiving Vincent Romero's survivor benefits for her children.

He also wants to make sure that he does not profit from books or interviews about the murders.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/04/20100104st-johns-killing-01042009-CR.html

Pretty good, not only did he get to live with his mother without much punishment but he gets a monthly benefit from it.

:waitasec:
Tiffany Romero's father Jeff DeVall also wants to the court to block the boy from receiving any Social Security payments resulting from the death of his father Vincent Romero. Tiffany was married to Vincent at the time of the November 2008 murder.

DeVall claims the boy's mother, Eryn Bloomfield, has applied for or is receiving Vincent Romero's survivor benefits for her children.

He also wants to make sure that he does not profit from books or interviews about the murders.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/04/20100104st-johns-killing-01042009-CR.html

Pretty good, not only did he get to live with his mother without much punishment but he gets a monthly benefit from it.

O BOO HOO!!! His mother may be getting benefits to feed and clothe him really, there is a problem with that? REALLY?

:waitasec:

O BOO HOO!!! His mother may be getting benefits to feed and clothe him really, there is a problem with that? REALLY?

If not SS she would be collecting welfare & food stamps. It's not like she ever had the desire to support herself.

Tiffany Romero's father Jeff DeVall also wants to the court to block the boy from receiving any Social Security payments resulting from the death of his father Vincent Romero. Tiffany was married to Vincent at the time of the November 2008 murder.

I think this is deplorable and nothing more than blood money.

And it is rewarding this kid for his despicable act of murdering his father.

imo

I think this is deplorable and nothing more than blood money.

And it is rewarding this kid for his despicable act of murdering his father.

imo

And since when does a child his age know to much about money. Who knows Eryn had no desire to support her self? I have never seen what Eryn did before, who says she wasnt working. Didnt she live in anther state wow she sure was able to get back to AZ pretty fast since she just visited someone on welfare would not have been able to do that, so I would think she had a job. Now she can not work, how is she supposed to feed this child or her self. That is really petty that someone would be so cold to even be mad that she is recieving her ex husbands SS (if true)... Seems though Tiffany is upset because she is not getting any....

After more than a year the same folks are posting the same tired opinions.

What will be the new judge's sentence. And who will it satisfy?

A film (or at least a cheap book), of course, is forthcoming. But it will be shallow without the boy's input as to why he did the dirty deeds. Without him it won't even make a lowlife cable TV show. And if it does it will be worhtless.
Only the boy can bring life to this script..... And he can't, or won't, talk. Perhaps that's best.

And since when does a child his age know to much about money. Who knows Eryn had no desire to support her self? I have never seen what Eryn did before, who says she wasn't working. Didn't she live in anther state wow she sure was able to get back to AZ pretty fast since she just visited someone on welfare would not have been able to do that, so I would think she had a job. Now she can not work, how is she supposed to feed this child or her self. That is really petty that someone would be so cold to even be mad that she is receiving her ex husbands SS (if true)... Seems though Tiffany is upset because she is not getting any....

How do you know that Tiffany is not getting any social security benefits from her deceased husband? I saw no where in the statement where it stated that. Eryn would not be getting ss benefits from her ex husband. The kid would be getting the benefits and Eryn is his guardian. What has she or her other kid or this kid done to deserve a check from Vincent Romero's murder? I think it is mighty cold that anyone under these circumstances would even try to get a monthly check from a man their child murdered.

Why cant she work? Is she sick or something? This kid lives with his grandmother and his mother. Nothing stopping the grandmother from keeping an eagle eye on the kid while Eryn works for a living.

You can call it whatever you like but IMO it is blood money made off of a man this kid murdered. No less offensive imo than if Scott Peterson got benefits off of Laci Peterson after he murdered her or any other defendant who has murdered and then tried to collect money off of their victim.

Vinnie hadn't been married to this woman for many years. Imo if something happened to him he would have wanted his wife Tiffany to be taken care of and not some ex.....especially this ex imo.

imo

How do you know that Tiffany is not getting any social security benefits from her deceased husband? I saw no where in the statement where it stated that. Eryn would not be getting ss benefits from her ex husband. The kid would be getting the benefits and Eryn is his guardian. What has she or her other kid or this kid done to deserve a check from Vincent Romero's murder? I think it is mighty cold that anyone under these circumstances would even try to get a monthly check from a man their child murdered.

Why cant she work? Is she sick or something? This kid lives with his grandmother and his mother. Nothing stopping the grandmother from keeping an eagle eye on the kid while Eryn works for a living.

You can call it whatever you like but IMO it is blood money made off of a man this kid murdered. No less offensive imo than if Scott Peterson got benefits off of Laci Peterson after he murdered her or any other defendant who has murdered and then tried to collect money off of their victim.

Vinnie hadn't been married to this woman for many years. Imo if something happened to him he would have wanted his wife Tiffany to be taken care of and not some ex.....especially this ex imo.

imo

If there are any SS benefits, they would go to CR, NOT Eryn. CR has not been convicted of murdering his father, therefore, he is entitled to those benefits. There is nothing more to it, legally.

If there are any SS benefits, they would go to CR, NOT Eryn. CR has not been convicted of murdering his father, therefore, he is entitled to those benefits. There is nothing more to it, legally.

That makes it even more shameful.

Yes, I know the benefits would be for him but she will be in charge of how the money is spent since he is a minor and she is the guardian.

Whether he is ever convicted for his father's murder or not, I really don't think there is a doubt in the world that he did indeed murder both men.

imo

That makes it even more shameful.

Yes, I know the benefits would be for him but she will be in charge of how the money is spent since he is a minor and she is the guardian.

Whether he is ever convicted for his father's murder or not, I really don't think there is a doubt in the world that he did indeed murder both men.

imo

Of course. But the way the case was prosecuted allowed for this to happen. I really wonder what Vincent would have wanted....

Of course. But the way the case was prosecuted allowed for this to happen. I really wonder what Vincent would have wanted....

Knowing that his own child lay in wait and murdered him in cold blood???:waitasec:

I think he would want anything but this. I think if he had his choice (which he wasn't given a choice) he would have wanted to live out his life just like everyone else has a right to do.

I don't think he would have wanted his kid to be rewarded for criminal behavior.

imo

Knowing that his own child lay in wait and murdered him in cold blood???:waitasec:

I think he would want anything but this. I think if he had his choice (which he wasn't given a choice) he would have wanted to live out his life just like everyone else has a right to do.

I don't think he would have wanted his kid to be rewarded for criminal behavior.

imo

May be it’s not a question that he does it, but it’s nowhere written that he laid in wait and planned to kill his dad and Tim, again that nothing more than speculation and imo not the truth. Nobody of us really knows what has happened in November 2008. IMO

May be it’s not a question that he does it, but it’s nowhere written that he laid in wait and planned to kill his dad and Tim, again that nothing more than speculation and imo not the truth. Nobody of us really knows what has happened in November 2008. IMO

I respect your opinion but I think there is much evidence that has come to light showing both of these murders were indeed premeditated.

When this case first unfolded the boy was charged with two counts of premeditated murder.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/11/arizona-8-year-old-charged-with-2-shootings.html

On Friday, a judge determined there was probable cause to show that the boy fatally shot his father, Vincent Romero, 29, and Timothy Romans, 39, of San Carlos, with a .22-caliber rifle. The boy faces two counts of premeditated murder. Under Arizona law, charges can be filed against anyone 8 or older.

Melnick said the boy didn't act on the "spur of the moment," though he didn't elaborate on what the motive might have been.

Melnick said officers arrived at Romero's home within minutes of the shooting Wednesday. They found one victim just outside the front door and the other dead in an upstairs room.

Romans had been renting a room at the Romero house, prosecutors said. Both men were employees of a construction company working at a Salt River Project power plant near St. Johns, which is about 170 miles northeast of Phoenix.

The boy went to a neighbor's house and said he "believed that his father was dead," said Apache County attorney Brad Carlyon.

A judge ordered a psychological evaluation of the boy, who was being held at the Apache County juvenile detention center.

Prosecutors aren't sure where the case is headed, Carlyon said.

"There's a ton of factors to be considered and weighed, including the juvenile's age," he said. "The counter balance against that, the acts that he apparently committed."

I don't know what the definition of premeditation is in your country but in this case he premeditated both deaths. The mere shooting, unloading, loading another bullet in the chamber and shooting repeatedly shows premeditation and aforethought.

This boy got a sweetheart deal because he happened to be the youngest defendant in our country who had committed premeditated homicides.

imo

He for sure "laid in wait" for Tim to enter the door so he could shoot him as he called him into the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong