GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no, Chief is addressing rumour and shuffling papers, I can't hear.

This is not what I expected, he is very nervous.

It looks like he has nothing new. Saying they are waiting for info from the FBI, and discussing rumors. I am waiting ....

"We don't have a serial killer running loose, it's all rumours". Chief

Only 4 people know the details of the case. Several emails from the FBI about what they have sent for analysis. not at liberty to say results.

Rumors are running rampant. There is not a serial killer running loose. No bodies found in the rivers.

LE does not have time to try and determine who is starting the rumors (that is okay, IMO, catch the killer)

Any closer today to making arrest? Getting together with lead investigators later today, and will get with the DA the first of next week.

Meeting with the DA at the 1st of next week (asked by reporter if they are closer to an arrest now as opposed to last week)

It's over.

They have nothing, omg.

This is not good. The poor Chief. His body language says it all. :(

He is stressed. :eek:

Won't quantify about how much information they have received from the FBI.

He really didn't say they were talking to the DA about an arrest, only about all the info they have on the case. They still have nothing to report. Nothing. And they don't expect to have all the info in from the FBI when they do talk to the DA.

well that presser was a bust--- more of the same, still waiting and all the rumors are just that, just rumors!

He seemed kind of defensive to me. Irritable. Tired.

He wouldn't even discuss how many POIs they have. You have to wonder.

I, too, am frustrated with the lack of answers in this case. However, I have to believe that they are taking extra precaution and putting together an airtight case before any arrests are made. We do not want a repeat of the Casey Anthony case. And, if they are putting together an airtight case against SM, then they know they have some time because he's not going anywhere in the immediate future.

Kind of telling to me was when the reporter asked how much manpower was being devoted to chasing the rumors, he said that if there appears to be a shred of truth to it, they are investigating.

He may be going somewhere on August 4th. He does have a bond hearing.

How many press conferences do they need to call to tell us they don't know anything yet?
The rumors issue was already covered yesterday.

The only really firm thing that the Chief said at the beginning was this.

He started out by reading the line from the FBI, something like:

"This process takes time, if you want it done well. There is no guarantee how long it will take."

(I couldn't hear very well, but, when they upload the presser later, I will transcribe)

ME TOO...........becuase no visible evidence in the homes and the dismemberment, I presumed they were thinking of cannibalism and maybe garbage disposal use/blood in the drains. Which would ultimately end up in the sewer tunnels?

I think the drains were searched because they felt it was likely the killer would have drained the blood [really don't like writing this] in the tub before or during the dismemberment.
The question of cannibalism or not may never be answered [many won't admit to it] but can be ruled out logically if we get a firm theory of motive and method.

I knew it, they have nothing...............only more of the same, waiting on forensics

Wouldnt' offer one bit of info. I'm guessing they dont' have anything else to do on this case especially until forensics are back. One article said they expected it back that week and that was posted on teh 14th July...........so is this an excessively long time to wait for forensics? Of course they sent truck loads (so2speak) to the VA lab.......

SO..........ONE POI I'm assuming. So if it's not him we're all up shoot creek and then there will be a serial killer on the loose.
He said discussing with DA first of next week on cases, not arrest.
Dead black female found in river was not a murder but there was dead body in river last week.......
He needs lessons on live tv, too much rattling that darn paper and mumbling...........
You're right Wondergirl, he's stressed or sick of the whole thing,seemed frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff