TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, those reports were from early reporting. The 911 protocols had it classified as home invasion, and the witness's slang was carried in reports made early on by LE.

I understand why folks might at first be curious as to the change in witness descriptive reports. Some are quite eager to jump to conclusions and, IMO, uninterested in LE's explanation that once LE had thoroughly interviewed witnesses they could clarify the original description of witnessed events.

I'm just sayin' ... it makes sense to me ... probably because I spend enough time reading here.

How do you know it was slang?
If ya find blood and call the police i think you are going to tell them what ya see
and even the word dragged in slang is diff then LED!!! it s a totally diff visual.

JMO

IMO, those reports were from early reporting. The 911 protocols had it classified as home invasion, and the witness's slang was carried in reports made early on by LE.

I understand why folks might at first be curious as to the change in witness descriptive reports. Some are quite eager to jump to conclusions and, IMO, uninterested in LE's explanation that once LE had thoroughly interviewed witnesses they could clarify the original description of witnessed events.

I'm just sayin' ... it makes sense to me ... probably because I spend enough time reading here.
bbm! amen Miss Peel. ITA with you here.

Correct me if I'm wrong (haha - no doubt with all my WS friends) wasn't the "find" on Sunday at the 100 Eaton???? Which lead them to search area around the campus??

TIA

JMO
I don't know scorekeeper :waitasec:. If we look back at Will Nunley's tweets on late Sunday afternoon you will notice that he began tweeting that a "significant" item had been retrieved by searchers within the past 12 hours. Very soon after he tweeted that info, he has a "breaking" tweet that dispatch, under the direction of TBI, is calling for [FONT=&quot]all available search teams on foot to rush to the Eaton St. and college campus locations.[/FONT] From media reports, we learned that the new, rushed search location was prompted from a tip that had come in via phone. Supposedly, her phone was found during that search but LE has not confirmed that. All that has been confirmed is that an "item" was found. So.....to me, it appears the "significant" find was PRIOR to the Eaton/campus search.

I've kind of been mulling around in my mind the possibility that the significant find may have been Holly. If not......WHAT was it that gave the family & investigators "hope" and possibly a "bigger piece of the puzzle"??? Also wondering IF it was Holly they found, alive, is it possible SHE was the one that provided the tip for whatever it was searchers were frantically searching for at the Eaton and campus location???

Something that kind of stood out to me in a news article from yesterday was that Helms (TBI) mentions they are "intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect" and does not mention intently focusing on finding the victim??? Was it just an oversight or......is it possible they have found her??? Hope it's the latter.

The severe weather in the area has understandably halted the organized public searches for a few days BUT......I think it will be quite telling in the next couple of days, after the bad weather moves out of the area, whether LE calls for the volunteer searches again.

Didn't want to clutter my post above with reference links so I've included them below.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley
Will Nunley
24 Apr
- Source: a 'significant' item was recovered by volunteers within the past 12 hours.

- Volunteer: this new discovery is powering heightened search efforts for another day.

- Authorities will not disclose the item discovered.

- Breaking: Dispatch: Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters just dispatched for a specialized foot search.

- Authorizes have not assembled many new searches this late in the day.

- Dispatch: call for all available search teams on foot comes at the direction of the THP

- Organizer: this is the latest (in the evening) that a new search has been organized

- "we don't have time to waste" as searchers rush to board bus

- The volunteer center is all but empty as available crews rush onto buses.

- Crews comb the Eaton plant and property, off Hwy 641. http://bit.ly/fOxLSO

- Crews comb the roadway in front of the U.T. Parsons campus, where Holly attend school
http://www.examiner.com/crime-justice-in-jackson-tn/update-holly-bobo-s-cell-phone-found-roadside
Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone. Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Kolpack, a nearby factory.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...gnificant-lead-search-efforts-continue-monday
The Decatur County Sheriff said the new search areas are based on a tip that came in during a phone call.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...opeful-new-development-weather-hinders-search
Officials said the item found over the weekend is a “significant” lead in the case of missing 20-year-old nursing student, Holly Bobo…..

"We did find an additional piece of evidence that we may link to Holly, but we're not releasing what it is, of course," said Kristin Helm, spokesperson for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told Reuters.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn said, “Not only has it given the family hope, it’s given the investigators hope.

"Anytime you find what you believe to be evidence from someone that’s missing, it revives the search and the investigation. Hopefully this will give us a huge piece of that puzzle," he said.
http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html
When asked if she [Helms] believed that investigators were closer to finding Bobo this week than in the previous week, Helms stated that the investigation has "become more narrowed" and that officials are intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect in the 20 year old's disappearance.

How do you know it was slang?
If ya find blood and call the police i think you are going to tell them what ya see
and even the word dragged in slang is diff then LED!!! it s a totally diff visual.

JMO

We don't know what was said on the 911 call.

We only know LE 1st description, and then LE's clarified description of witness accounts.

To me the logic here is pretty simple.

If there's been a change of witness account story - we can only point to it being LE's change of witness account story.

Not the brother's. We can't point to anything that says the brother changed his story.

For me, that's the end of that line of thinking. The buck stops with LE.

If people want to theorize that LE is in somehow motivated to cover for the brother and therefore helped him change his story ... well ... whatever the theory is that follows from that ... they can go ahead and enlighten us.

If it's an LE conspiracy theory, however, I think I'll go have a nap first. :crazy:

I don't know scorekeeper :waitasec:. If we look back at Will Nunley's tweets on late Sunday afternoon you will notice that he began tweeting that a "significant" item had been retrieved by searchers within the past 12 hours. Very soon after he tweeted that info, he has a "breaking" tweet that dispatch, under the direction of TBI, is calling for [FONT=&quot]all available search teams on foot to rush to the Eaton St. and college campus locations.[/FONT] From media reports, we learned that the new, rushed search location was prompted from a tip that had come in via phone. Supposedly, her phone was found during that search but LE has not confirmed that. All that has been confirmed is that an "item" was found. So.....to me, it appears the "significant" find was PRIOR to the Eaton/campus search.

I've kind of been mulling around in my mind the possibility that the significant find may have been Holly. If not......WHAT was it that gave the family & investigators "hope" and possibly a "bigger piece of the puzzle"??? Also wondering IF it was Holly they found, alive, is it possible SHE was the one that provided the tip for whatever it was searchers were frantically searching for at the Eaton and campus location???

Something that kind of stood out to me in a news article from yesterday was that Helms TBI) mentions they are "intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect" and does not mention intently focusing on finding the victim??? Was it just an oversight or......is it possible they have found her??? Hope it's the latter.

The severe weather in the area has understandably halted the organized public searches for a few days BUT......I think it will be quite telling in the next couple of days, after the bad weather moves out of the area, whether LE calls for the volunteer searches again.

Didn't want to clutter my post above with reference links so I've included them below.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley
Will Nunley
24 Apr
http://www.examiner.com/crime-justice-in-jackson-tn/update-holly-bobo-s-cell-phone-found-roadside
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...gnificant-lead-search-efforts-continue-monday
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...opeful-new-development-weather-hinders-search
http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

Ya know that significant find may have been Holly... Everything took a diff turn after that and the focus became the suspect. No searches, nothing new.
You might be right!

Maybe they reviewed tapes from that business and seen Holly alive being lead around in the woods, and/or a note from her? It would explain why the mom had hope and the investigation took a new turn and the call for a immediate search...just thinking out loud here...IMO

Maybe they reviewed tapes from that business and seen Holly alive being lead around in the woods, and/or a note from her? It would explain why the mom had hope and the investigation took a new turn and the call for a immediate search...just thinking out loud here...IMO

But then why would the search crews be on hands and knees?

well i dont know i know if i didnt want something found i would not toss it on the side of a road. esp if ya abducted or possibly killed someone.

If you remember there was this big rush to get the searchers back real fast
.... they sent them to easton road then they frantically went to the school..

I think the guy called le told them to look on Easton road near 100 easton and what they found there led them to the school and maybe these clues led LE to believe Holly was alive maybe she got to speak to her mom... remember the family ventured out easter sun... and it was after that the frenzy began ..

Just a thought!

I do not beleive the parents ventured out. They made a phone call but did not venture out.

I have a hard time thinking they found her and aren't telling us. Where is the precedent and what is the benefit?

Whatever they found Sunday set them rushing around which is very odd.

Maybe when this concludes we will understand why they acted the way they did (TBI etc). I have to believe there's a reason because if there is not what we have is nothing.

National Weather Service issues "dangerous situation" tornado watch for parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi.

A "particularly dangerous situation watch" is issued when there is a high risk of multiple strong tornadoes

mahmoo,

slap me upside the head :doh:

I believe you are correct........my mind is so full of scanner chatter......

Thanks so much for "bringing it all back to me"

score

We don't know what was said on the 911 call.

We only know LE 1st description, and then LE's clarified description of witness accounts.

To me the logic here is pretty simple.

If there's been a change of witness account story - we can only point to it being LE's change of witness account story.

Not the brother's. We can't point to anything that says the brother changed his story.

For me, that's the end of that line of thinking. The buck stops with LE.

If people want to theorize that LE is in somehow motivated to cover for the brother and therefore helped him change his story ... well ... whatever the theory is that follows from that ... they can go ahead and enlighten us.

If it's an LE conspiracy theory, however, I think I'll go have a nap first. :crazy:

Well i just think it strange to go from dragged into the woods to led into the woods. sure i can understand how after talking to him that it could change.
but what im saying here is LE spoke to him at the scene and im sure nothing was released to the media after the 911 call it could only be released after LE spoke to her brother, what bothers me it was quite a bit later that the story changed. Ya tell what ya see .... Maybe the ORIGINAL story was really the right story!!!!
I mean i dont mean to upset anyone here but i find this all a bit disturbing!
If Clint came out and said something of what he saw we all would understand.

I respect your opinion! i feel you should respect others who dont agree!

We need to agree to disagree!

Conspiracy theory NO Just messed up!

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

Something that kind of stood out to me in a news article from yesterday was that Helms TBI) mentions they are "intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect" and does not mention intently focusing on finding the victim??? Was it just an oversight or......is it possible they have found her??? Hope it's the latter.

<respectfully snipped links>

:goodpost:

Thanks so much for all those links from yesterday in one place.

Couple of thoughts:

The find would give the investigators hope if it confirmed they were on the right track with some specific POI(s). Same with the family. Would give everyone hope for Holly if they've developed a motive for the kidnapping - relative to a specific POI - that would let them believe Holly could survive the ordeal - that murder was not a motive here. Kidnapping - perhaps. Murder - not a motive. Would give investigators & family hope if what was found is some sort of proof that Holly survived beyond a critical timeframe (like the first 24 hours).

Don't think TBI sidestepping questions about Holly was a mistake yesterday. The answer was an intentional distraction, to move question focus off of Holly and onto narrowing of the case and narrowing of suspects.

Could that TBI statement have been intentional messaging and soundbite from TBI to kidnapper?

I don't think Holly would be described as a potentially significant piece of evidence. IMO, we are still :praying: for the miracle of Holly's safe return.

I think they know each other too! I just am wondering about it being someone she dated because they were all accounted for. But people keep saying someone is missing. What if he's not? What if he goes to her at night? She could be tied up at his house. If it is someone that is not "missing" then I have to think they did NOT know each other. But I think they did know each other.

This is my thoughts exactly! My current train of thought is that it is a single male living with an incapacitated parent that he takes care of, and would be unaware if someone was being held captive in their house...or even possibly someone who acquired ownership of the house after the passing of an elderly relative. I think also that the blood belongs to the perp and that he was injured when he tried to grab her and she fought back, which I think led him to use some type of force which substantially subdued her making it so he could lead her away(maybe he even taped her mouth shut and later once upon recovering she was able to remove it and scream alerting the neighbor)...I think he parked at a vacant house or on some hidden trail and he simply put her in the trunk, drove to his house, parked in the garage and closed it, making it completely unseen between the two spots. Then, I think he reported to work as usual, taking stuff with him, and dropping it in various places. Perhaps his job even has him traveling around the town(pizza delivery, meter man, etc) so it wouldn't be weird to see this person in various areas throughout town during the day.

I also have a feeling that cigarette butts retrieved on the campus or in the woods have been found with DNA that match the blood in the carport/garage area. Perhaps they have an area they feel he was sitting at in the woods watching the house, and dropping a cigarette might be such an ingrained habit that he didn't think twice about dropping it...and they are looking at who smokes this particular brand of cigarettes in the places that Holly would frequent.

Of course, JMO, just hoping for a scenario where she is alive.

Ya know that significant find may have been Holly... Everything took a diff turn after that and the focus became the suspect. No searches, nothing new.
You might be right!
I'm sensing a different "vibe" with the investigation myself.....although can't really put my finger on it. And, with LE "intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect" rather than the victim, it causes me to wonder if she did not know or was not familiar with the person that abducted her and could only give a description of the guy and maybe the vehicle. All purely conjecture on my part and assuming she may have been found already. Now as to why LE would keep it quiet if she'd been found Sunday.......all I can figure is they're trying to keep the perp guessing. He may have been holding her at a different location from where he normally resides and they could be waiting to see if he returns to "check on her".
free-indifferent-smileys-746.gif

I know I've said this has been said before, but not much talk has come of it. People keep commenting on the changing of stories within this case, and I'm wondering if you folks have considered that, although it may be "bad reporting," maybe it keeps happening because MSM is releasing critical information too soon. I've been it happen in a few different cases (specifically Morgan Harrington's T-shirt), so it could be happening here too as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni