What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they will now say that due to Casey's mental issues, she loved Caylee so much that after Caylee accidently died, she couldn't get rid of the body, instead keeping the body with her until it just wasn't possible to do so anymore. (And the duct tape was to keep bodily fluids from marring her vision of an alive Caylee)

I think you are describing JB, but the post said JP [judge Perry]

But your description for JB Is totally accurate.

Oops, did I misread that :floorlaugh: guess my true feelings got the better of me...hey they asked for a new Judge already I would think that would be the limit....:innocent:

I wonder if they will now say that due to Casey's mental issues, she loved Caylee so much that after Caylee accidently died, she couldn't get rid of the body, instead keeping the body with her until it just wasn't possible to do so anymore. (And the duct tape was to keep bodily fluids from marring her vision of an alive Caylee)

And then she loved her so much she put her body in garbage bags, threw it in the trunk of car then still adoring her child she went to a movie with her current bf, got a tattoo, danced at tables - etc. etc. Yup, that's true mother love all right! How will my children ever forgive my lack of devotion?

I think the coroner said the tape must have been applied around the time of death before decomposition had begun. Either just before or just after I assume, I don't know how they would explain that.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the DT finally says that ICA accidentally let Caylee drown or whatever and CA had the idea to duct tape Caylee and gave ICA instructions to "put" Caylee in an area where she wouldn't be found quickly and claim it was a kidnapping. ICA went along with it because of the mental abuse CA and sexual abuse GA both placed upon her. ICAs version of "ugly coping" because she lived in abusive conditions.

Won't fly but they will try.

i get your train of thought... but what if:
she put caylee there thinking that she would be found a lot sooner? with duct tape and zanny story fresh in everyone's memory. that's why she was so surprised why they "haven't even found her clothes yet" and was dropping so many hints to lee during the visit.
but what i can't understand is.. did she REALLY expect anyone to believe her and for LE NOT to check out her story? run phone records etc?

i think the defense will try to blame everyone and anyone.. it could've been george, jesse, tony, amy... kronk!
they're going to create so many possibilities and scenarios.. the jurys heads will still be spinning years to come!

How would a death mask preserve her vision of her baby? More likely it helped her disassociate an alive Caylee and the body she was then stuck with... You know the one she placed in her trunk (for 2.6 days), wrapped in 3 bags and dumped like so much garbage in a trash filled swamp! Then left there until she was found by a stranger, 6 mos later - causing her egg donor to hyperventilate!

That's some crazy kind of love! ICA's actions over her last 31 days of freedom and since her arrest show she had no regard or concern for "that little girl".

Caylee deserved so much more.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...e-request-to-seal-names-of-jail-visitors.html

6/8/2010
On Monday, Perry “denied a defense request to seal the names of people who visit Anthony at the Orange County Jail,” anchor Lisa Bell reported this morning. “Her lawyers do not want prosecutors to know which experts are visiting their client.”

So I guess this was intended to be an ambush on the SA. They have been working this Dr. Weitz PTSD defense theory for quite awhile, yet they wait until 6 weeks pre-trial to unveil it, cuz "they just found out on Saturday".. <insert sneer>

Well....here it comes. This must be the loophole that CM saw that made him enter the case. He recruited Anne F. They lined these Dr's up, refused to disclose the names of penalty witnesses, refused to deliver reports. Now comes the switch...penalty witness now becomes guilt witness. KC didn't kill Caylee. She suffered severe trauma when Caylee accidently died because she loved Caylee so much. That extreme love was so strong that KC couldn't deal. KC deserves to be MOTY for such love. KC is just as much a victim of these tragic circs as Caylee is. Now everyone understands. This is the Ah Ha! moment that Mr Baez promised. The state cannot punish a grieving mother for trying to protect her family from the horrible news of the accidental death of their beloved gdaughter /neice.

Some jurors will buy into it and KC might just well walk out of jail on CM's arm having served enough time. After all, she has been punished enough by the loss of such a beautiful child.

It is actually quite brilliant. It explains away 31 days, duct tape, leaving the body in the trunk, tossing Caylee, parties, lying with different men and lying with every word, her cold attitude.... absolutely everything.

With a little treatment for PTSD, a few pills, a Dr's favourable report, early release .....a free pass!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I will be surprised if Baez puts on much of a defense. He is milking the system for a payout but when it comes down to the wire, there isn't much to say.

I love Painter's scenario. It'ss impressive. Unfortunately, for Casey, that boat has sailed. as far as it being an accident, she had ample opportunity to plea an accident story over 1000 days to tell that story. It is just too late. She is going down...

Mark Geragos did something similar w/many ideas of how Lacy died. Watching him in the Courtroom, he was mild and didn't put on much of a Defense at all. Couldn't..simply wasn't any.

Well....here it comes. This must be the loophole that CM saw that made him enter the case. He recruited Anne F. They lined these Dr's up, refused to disclose the names of penalty witnesses, refused to deliver reports. Now comes the switch...penalty witness now becomes guilt witness. KC didn't kill Caylee. She suffered severe trauma when Caylee accidently died because she loved Caylee so much. That extreme love was so strong that KC couldn't deal. KC deserves to be MOTY for such love. KC is just as much a victim of these tragic circs as Caylee is. Now everyone understands. This is the Ah Ha! moment that Mr Baez promised. The state cannot punish a grieving mother for trying to protect her family from the horrible news of the accidental death of their beloved gdaughter /neice.

Some jurors will buy into it and KC might just well walk out of jail on CM's arm having served enough time. After all, she has been punished enough by the loss of such a beautiful child.

It is actually quite brilliant. It explains away 31 days, duct tape, leaving the body in the trunk, tossing Caylee, parties, lying with different men and lying with every word, her cold attitude.... absolutely everything.

With a little treatment for PTSD, a few pills, a Dr's favourable report, early release .....a free pass!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
SA needs Dr. Vass in for Chloroform, computer searches show Chloroform premeditation, and other 'household weapons', breaking necks, etc.. They already got all her statements in, and the jail tapes so the jury can see how she really is and acts, and how NOT afraid she is of her parents. All her lies. The fight that eve of the 15th will get jurors thinking too.

I will be surprised if Baiz puts on much of a defense. He is milking the system for a payout but when it comes down to the wire, there isn't much to say.

I love Painter's scenaroi. Is impressive. Unfortunately, for Casey, that boat has sailed. as far as it being an accident, she had ample opportunity to plea an accident story over 1000 days to tell that story. It is just too late. She is going down...

Mark Geragos did something similar w/many ideas of how Lacy died. Watching him in the Courtroom, he was mild and didn't put on much of a Defense at all. Couldn't..simply wasn't any.

PTSD would explain the not reporting. She wanted to protect her family. She was suffering such trauma, her state of mind was altered. PTSD has many symptoms.

ETA

What are PTSD symptoms and signs?

The following three groups of symptom criteria are required to assign the diagnosis of PTSD:

&#8226;Recurrent re-experiencing of the trauma (for example, troublesome memories, flashbacks that are usually caused by reminders of the traumatic events, recurring nightmares about the trauma and/or dissociative reliving of the trauma)

&#8226;Avoidance to the point of having a phobia of places, people, and experiences that remind the sufferer of the trauma or a general numbing of emotional responsiveness

&#8226;Chronic physical signs of hyperarousal, including sleep problems, trouble concentrating, irritability, anger, poor concentration, blackouts or difficulty remembering things, increased tendency and reaction to being startled, and hypervigilance (excessive watchfulness) to threat
The emotional numbing of PTSD may present as a lack of interest in activities that used to be enjoyed (anhedonia), emotional deadness, distancing oneself from people, and/or a sense of a foreshortened future (for example, not being able to think about the future or make future plans, not believing one will live much longer).
At least one re-experiencing symptom, three avoidance/numbing symptoms, and two hyperarousal symptoms must be present for at least one month and must cause significant distress or functional impairment in order for the diagnosis of PTSD to be assigned. PTSD is considered of chronic duration if it persists for three months or more.

BBM in red...sounds like descriptions of KC. changing men, no sleep, anger in calls to her parents, always texting, talking, not caring if Amy discovered her stealing, planning/living for 10 minutes at a time.

http://www.medicinenet.com/posttraumatic_stress_disorder/page4.htm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...e-request-to-seal-names-of-jail-visitors.html

6/8/2010
On Monday, Perry “denied a defense request to seal the names of people who visit Anthony at the Orange County Jail,” anchor Lisa Bell reported this morning. “Her lawyers do not want prosecutors to know which experts are visiting their client.”

So I guess this was intended to be an ambush on the SA. They have been working this Dr. Weitz PTSD defense theory for quite awhile, yet they wait until 6 weeks pre-trial to unveil it, cuz "they just found out on Saturday".. <insert sneer>

I was reading up on PTSD in young women, I will paraphrase a few things because I am not allowed to cut and paste, so here is a rough translation of some interesting facts;

*--One woman may develop PTSD after an incident of sexual or domestic abuse.*Another may experience PTSD as the result of long-term neglect as a child.

--PTSD effects include extreme fear, depression, and anxiety.

--Another symptom is the nightmare, which can occur unexpectedly, causing extreme anxiety and fear.

--Another extreme symptom of PTSD in women is dissociation.*Dissociation, a disconnecting of the mind from any emotional register of a person's surroundings,

--they face the serious risk of completely losing the ability to access emotions and memories that are stored within their own minds.

:seeya: I have'nt been keeping up with this case for almost two years. Has ICA been declared having mental issues?

I was reading up on PTSD in young women, I will paraphrase a few things because I am not allowed to cut and paste, so here is a rough translation of some interesting facts;

*--One woman may develop PTSD after an incident of sexual or domestic abuse.*Another may experience PTSD as the result of long-term neglect as a child.

--PTSD effects include extreme fear, depression, and anxiety.

--Another symptom is the nightmare, which can occur unexpectedly, causing extreme anxiety and fear.

--Another extreme symptom of PTSD in women is dissociation.*Dissociation, a disconnecting of the mind from any emotional register of a person's surroundings,

--they face the serious risk of completely losing the ability to access emotions and memories that are stored within their own minds.
I don't believe at all that KC has PTSD. I fully believe she is a sociopath.

PTSD would explain the not reporting. She wanted to protect her family. She was suffering such trauma, her state of mind was altered. PTSD has many symptoms.

ETA

What are PTSD symptoms and signs?

The following three groups of symptom criteria are required to assign the diagnosis of PTSD:

&#8226;Recurrent re-experiencing of the trauma (for example, troublesome memories, flashbacks that are usually caused by reminders of the traumatic events, recurring nightmares about the trauma and/or dissociative reliving of the trauma)

&#8226;Avoidance to the point of having a phobia of places, people, and experiences that remind the sufferer of the trauma or a general numbing of emotional responsiveness

&#8226;Chronic physical signs of hyperarousal, including sleep problems, trouble concentrating, irritability, anger, poor concentration, blackouts or difficulty remembering things, increased tendency and reaction to being startled, and hypervigilance (excessive watchfulness) to threat
The emotional numbing of PTSD may present as a lack of interest in activities that used to be enjoyed (anhedonia), emotional deadness, distancing oneself from people, and/or a sense of a foreshortened future (for example, not being able to think about the future or make future plans, not believing one will live much longer).
At least one re-experiencing symptom, three avoidance/numbing symptoms, and two hyperarousal symptoms must be present for at least one month and must cause significant distress or functional impairment in order for the diagnosis of PTSD to be assigned. PTSD is considered of chronic duration if it persists for three months or more.

BBM in red...sounds like descriptions of KC. changing men, no sleep, anger in calls to her parents, always texting, talking, not caring if Amy discovered her stealing, planning/living for 10 minutes at a time.

http://www.medicinenet.com/posttraumatic_stress_disorder/page4.htm
Thank you, Painter. Thie problem is there will be rebuttal.

In a NY minute, the SA would put on a Psychiatrist stating she did not have PTSD after the killing and furthermore she does not have it now. IF they do find her to have it presently, they can attribute it the murder/incarceration. He is walking a slippery slope trying to explain her 31 days of hiding an "Accident".

I don't believe at all that KC has PTSD. I fully believe she is a sociopath.

So do I. But we won't be on that jury listening to learned doctors telling us that Kc has PTSD and using exerpts from other people's depos to back it up. :maddening:

Thank you, Painter. Thie problem is there will be rebuttal.

In a NY minute, the SA would put on a Psychiatrist stating she did not have PTSD after the killing and furthermore she does not have it now. IF they do find her to have it presently, they can attribute it the murder/incarceration. He is walking a slippery slope trying to explain her 31 days of hiding an "Accident".

How do you prove that someone does not have PTSD?

If the DT can make this fly, the jail tapes, KC's statements to LE, Dr Vass's tests, even the dogs will all be moot. The DT will deny none of it...they will let the Dr's explain it away.

So do I. But we won't be on that jury listening to learned doctors telling us that Kc has PTSD and using exerpts from other people's depos to back it up. :maddening:

Thanks for your summary upthread Paintr. So are you thinking it was watching Caylee die or seeing her dead will be the basis of the PSTD argument?

Cause the way you have explained it - it makes sense the defense would certainly try it.

Casey Anthony is unique. She obviously is personality-disordered. This doesn't rise to the level of Axis I and is no excuse for the crime. The crime itself will take precedence over any of the excuses for her behavior afterward.

Bottom Line is she murdered her child. They cannot explain it and they should plea.

How do you prove that someone does not have PTSD?

If the DT can make this fly, the jail tapes, KC's statements to LE, Dr Vass's tests, even the dogs will all be moot. The DT will deny none of it...they will let the Dr's explain it away.

PTSD has symptoms but those symptoms also fall into many other catagories. Any Psych they put on trial will be countered w/another psych who disagrees. It is a Subjective Diagnosis.

You mentioned depos Painter..Were they board-certified Psychs? I have not followed the case; simply dropping in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23