CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, and the comment left by one of Bob's close friends as well.

Utterly unbelievable.

We are the ones looking for answers and trying to find out what happened to Bob Harrod and all they can do is make disparaging remarks against WS and WS posters.

I sure would like for them to comment on exactly what THEY are doing to find answers as to Mr. Harrod's whereabouts and his demise. Thus far, I have not seen a darned thing that they have done--oh, except for posting a $50K reward, which was only posted after continuous questioning from US as to why a reward had not been offered.

Which one of them has gone out looking for Mr. Harrod? Which one of them has initiated and then held a vigil for Mr. Harrod? Which one(s) of them has offered to take a polygraph? Which one(s) of them REALLY cares about finding Mr. Harrod?

As of this moment in time, I have not seen evidence of ANY of them giving a darn about what became of this man.

And, frankly, that makes me not only incredibly sad, but sick to my stomach.

This is their father and the grandfather to their children.

How can THEY not care?

They think that WE are tossing around unfounded accusations?

I see things quite differently.

WE are doing something in pursuit of the truth behind Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

What are THEY doing to find out what happened to this man?

The answer to that question is simple.

Absolutely NOTHING.

Great post.

Why would they post about WS instead of taking actions which would be productive in finding Mr. Harrod. If they have done nothing wrong, they should have nothing to fear.

They could start by taking polygraphs.

It's just more lame excuses for inaction, IMO.

She seems to forget about all of the garbage she posted about her father and Fontelle on the internet.

In a nutshell, that is what makes this decision puzzling. She and her sisters have been living their lives online since he disappeared. They are the ones who spun the stories that didnt make sense. It was their own words that caused a backlash.

Well I for one would like to thank them for driving traffic to the site, and creating an opportunity to see a reasoned alternative viewpoint for anyone who might be following the pages dreamweaver lovingly created.

Moving on...

I hope Mrs. Harrod is doing OK. I am willing to believe that she is getting ready for another round of media interviews bringing attention to her husband's disappearance as the next anniversary of it approaches. :(

It appears that there is a pre trial conf for the civil case between BL and the co conservators of the estate. Wonder how those depos went or if they will be set after the conference on 6/30? Imagine all of these folks making statements which will be picked apart and analyzed to death by the attorneys. That is a lot of pressure.

Seriously -- has anyone here ever seen a worse missing person's FB page? I mean, has anyone seen a more indifferent, more apathetic, more uninterested FB page?

Please forgive me for quoting my own post, but I think I have to answer my own question here: Yes, I have now seen a worse missing person's FB page...

...that is, the current 'Finding Bob Harrod' FB page! They've made it EVEN WORSE! Specifically, as of the time this message was posted, Bob's daughters have made his FB page totally private, so it shares NO information with the public!

Wow, that will sure help his case!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000163033261

(Lest we forget, this page was set up by a WS member of unquestionable integrity and character to help Bob's daughters publicize his case; she did this out of care, then turned it over to them, and they basically took a dump on it, her efforts, and their missing (murdered) father.)

(Lest we forget, this page was set up by a WS member of unquestionable integrity and character to help Bob's daughters publicize his case; she did this out of care, then turned it over to them, and they basically took a dump on it, her efforts, and their missing (murdered) father.)

<snipped>

This is reprehensible. Every time I think nothing else can shock me...

Please forgive me for quoting my own post, but I think I have to answer my own question here: Yes, I have now seen a worse missing person's FB page...

...that is, the current 'Finding Bob Harrod' FB page! They've made it EVEN WORSE! Specifically, as of the time this message was posted, Bob's daughters have made his FB page totally private, so it shares NO information with the public!

Wow, that will sure help his case!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000163033261

I suspect they were looking for an excuse to finally shut down the FB page that they did not even create. At the time of it's creation by DW the daughters were busy posting on the IS forums.

A stranger to Mr. Harrod, DW, devotes time to creating the FB page and then turns it over to the daughters and what do they do? To use your words Monjoy, they made it indifferent, apathetic, and uninteresting.

"I cannot understand who our Dad turned out to be and why he would just walk away from everything he worked so hard for, when he was fully aware F would be back in less than two days. Who is this stranger who gave up the chance for a new life with a new wife? Perhaps we never knew him or he had a problem he told nobody about....

I will always wonder if he will return someday or if he actually decided to dump his old life, his family, and his new wife, to start a different chapter for the end of his days. It just doesn't make sense to us.

Dad could have at least left a note or placed a phone call so all concerned would at least know if we're supposed to get on with our own lives while he does "his thing", whatever that may be....."

Daughter RB posted the above on August 21, 2009. I don't sense much concern.

Sometimes victims of foul play don't have time to leave a note or place a phone call.

I hope Mrs. Harrod is doing OK. I am willing to believe that she is getting ready for another round of media interviews bringing attention to her husband's disappearance as the next anniversary of it approaches. :(

~~Snipped~~

Hopefully SIL will contribute his recollection of the events to any media requests. Would love to know more about that timeline and home repairs in regard to the day Mr. Harrod disappeared.

I understood closing the myspace page set up for Bob as myspace is no longer used as much as facebook. Locking up Bobs missing persons facebook page so even the basic information on Bobs disappearance is hidden defies reason. It clearly demonstrates to the public Bobs daughters lack of interest of any kind in solving their fathers missing persons case. Incredibly sad but not in the least bit unexpected.

jmo

But why not just deactivate/delete it altogether? That would be better than what exists now. To me NO page would be better than that, that, (SHUDDER) unbelievably blank, stark - NOTHING! But I guess that is the perfect representation of Mr. Harrod to his daughters: A big blank, stark, NOTHING. Nothing but a picture. A picture only because the public would require that you have something to show of the man who sired you. Whose genes are one-half of your genetic make-up.

Poor Bob, my heart breaks for this man to have had such a selfish family. And I do not have to "know" them to know that. All I have to do is look for the evidence of their attempt at "finding" their father. Pretty much non-existent wouldn't you say? More concerned for themselves and their 'gimmies' and "I wants" and "I need" than anything.

The truth is out there in the world wide web-how caring his daughters are. How they have moved heaven and earth to find him. How they have welcomed F into their hearts and home as his wife and helped her through such trying times as these. How they are heartbroken their father is missing and possibly met with foul play(how horrifying). How they helped him with their mother's care in her last days. How close and loving they all were.

The TRUTH is out there for all to see. It really doesn't matter if they spend time deleting, rewriting, correcting, or purging. Once there, always there, for people who know where to look to find it.

WE miss you Bob.

I am sceptical that Bob's immediate family outside of his DW will contribute to any media.

This is JMO-but it appears that they have come to terms with him being gone. That they do not believe he will return in any form. And that it is time to get on with things.

I suppose the two civil cases are a bump in the road for now...perhaps they will find a way to resolve them in a favorable way. I dont know what options are available for both cases in terms of mediation...it seems kind of black and white at this point. Did BL steal money from Bob or was it given to her? I suspect he gave the money to her-the reason is not important actually, although I think we have seen our fair share of innuendo regarding it.

As for the civil case regarding the co conservatorship-well that is pretty straightforward. *shrug*

I wonder if the PI hired by Bobs daughters will contribute to any upcoming media for the anniversary of Bobs disappearance.

I wonder if the PI hired by Bobs daughters will contribute to any upcoming media for the anniversary of Bobs disappearance.

You mean the one working with PPD?

Yes, the one working with PPD. I can't imagine why a PI working so close with PPD would not choose to make a comment through main stream media on the anniversary of the disappearance of a person he has been hired to find. I can see Bobs daughters and SIL choosing to make a comment through their PI, after all he should be able to handle the media as a PI, no?

I hope he has beefed up the hours he has been working on the case-didnt we figure it at about 4 per month based upon the hearing estimate in November that he had been paid around 3K?

I hope he has beefed up the hours he has been working on the case-didnt we figure it at about 4 per month based upon the hearing estimate in November that he had been paid around 3K?

Well, thats a nice chunk of change...I wonder if he came up with any info? Perhaps he will come out with some kind of comment on the anniversary of Bob's disappearance.

Yes, the one working with PPD. I can't imagine why a PI working so close with PPD would not choose to make a comment through main stream media on the anniversary of the disappearance of a person he has been hired to find. I can see Bobs daughters and SIL choosing to make a comment through their PI, after all he should be able to handle the media as a PI, no?

Agree. If the daughters and SIL don't want to speak about Mr. Harrod's disappearance, why not have their PI talk to the media and bring attention to Mr. Harrod's case.

The PPD and PI should give a status update on where the case stands two years later.

Here we are almost two years out from the day Mr. Harrod disappeared.

I still wonder why family members have refused to be polygraphed. Have any of the daughters or SIL been polygraphed? If so what were the results? I can't imagine the daughters keeping quiet about results which would be favorable to them.

JuM posted a few days ago on another forum that her hubby had been "fishing and going going going with new friends."

Hopefully hubby, JeM, found time to fit in a polygraph.

Here we are almost two years out from the day Mr. Harrod disappeared.

I still wonder why family members have refused to be polygraphed. Have any of the daughters or SIL been polygraphed? If so what were the results? I can't imagine the daughters keeping quiet about results which would be favorable to them.

JuM posted a few days ago on another forum that her hubby had been "fishing and going going going with new friends."

Hopefully hubby, JeM, found time to fit in a polygraph.

Sounds like a man of leisure, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member