2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA: Hayes case saying that the state can't shift the burden to the defense unless the defense has chosen to present a defense that requires some kind of burden, such as alibi.

DS: says her question was completely different, and any defense couldn't ask any questions if this argument is allowed.
it's clear that the experiment followed no protocols, unclear about how the samples were obtained.
Moves to strike the comment and ask for jury instructions.

Unsure how it applies here?

#CaseyAnthony A friend of mine who has been a court reporter for m any years says she's never seen a trial move at such a slow pace
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 1:04 PM

Why does HLN think because the judge is speaking it's time to take a break? Come on...

Well, what's good for the goose... If the DT is going to continue to claim that the SAO didn't do tests they should have done, surely the SAO has a right to inquire about the same issue with their experts when they're claiming that the SAO's tests are bogus.

It may have been a legitimate interview with Lippman, but it was not with the A's and he had no business giving the interview in the first place, and I believe he was taken out of context, and he should stay away from reporters.
The A's haven't said anything, jmo:seeya:
They also claimed said that his comments were NOT off the record...as had been previously reported. I will believe it when I hear it with my own ears, preferably from George and Cindy. :)

Okay, but seriously, how does he know if he could test what is inside a sealed can?

I know it is a crazy thought but does anyone think the SA's have a third can that they opened by themselves just to make sure the smell was still in it? It would be a disaster to open the cans and find that the smell had dissipated. It would be very Geraldo'ish.

Judge is going to go with DS on this one. JA is going to lose this argument.

we need a poltergeist to slam one of those cans up against .............. right now.........

I know it is a crazy thought but does anyone think the SA's have a third can that they opened by themselves just to make sure the smell was still in it? It would be a disaster to open the cans and find that the smell had dissipated. It would be very Geraldo'ish.

I don't know that, but there are 4 cans there.

Isn’t JA just trying to make the point that this witness can’t sit there and say he could have tested the samples if the DT did not ask him to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member