MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

That is an interesting point Chilly as it is not the way LE usually works in a murder case.

I guess I missed that he gave the sample willingly w/out a SW. I don't however think he would have to be a POI in order for them to collect evidence from him. It would seem there would be cause for a warrant for his apt just because he was one of the last to see her and his carpet must be similar to the fibres. If the fibers matched then I would think he could become a POI.

I'm going to have to go back and read the article, as I assumed these would be warranted searches and by the book in trying to match a few fibres to find her killer. xox

Hi again, Scandi,

As posted earlier, it's likely that some of the fibers from all apartments will match since the complex had the same carpet in all units.

What is questionable to me is whether all fibers will match since the management of the complex likely used the same suppliers. Even considering that the same suppliers were used to lay carpet throughout the entire complex, not every single carpet would come from the same lot.

Therefore, there will be substantial differences between various apartments. I'm still convinced that the 'control samples' that were taken from other tenants were intended to compare to the apartment carpet fibers from the unit Nevaeh lived in with her mom and grandma.

I'm not one for drawing conclusions or spreading rumors, but my belief is that JB knows more than she's telling. JMO, as usual.

Hi again, Scandi,

As posted earlier, it's likely that some of the fibers from all apartments will match since the complex had the same carpet in all units.

What is questionable to me is whether all fibers will match since the management of the complex likely used the same suppliers. Even considering that the same suppliers were used to lay carpet throughout the entire complex, not every single carpet would come from the same lot.

Therefore, there will be substantial differences between various apartments. I'm still convinced that the 'control samples' that were taken from other tenants were intended to compare to the apartment carpet fibers from the unit Nevaeh lived in with her mom and grandma.

I'm not one for drawing conclusions or spreading rumors, but my belief is that JB knows more than she's telling. JMO, as usual.

I totally agree with you on all points of your post. I also think there is a good chance that dust and other particles that fall on carpet would attach to the fiber and would be unique to that home. Also apartment complexes sometimes replace carpet if it is to dirty when someone move out. so there is a good chance not all of the apartments have the same lot or dye run in the carpet.

I totally agree with you on all points of your post. I also think there is a good chance that dust and other particles that fall on carpet would attach to the fiber and would be unique to that home. Also apartment complexes sometimes replace carpet if it is to dirty when someone move out. so there is a good chance not all of the apartments have the same lot or dye run in the carpet.

Hi jnTexas!

Exactly my point! There's a reason that LE took carpet samples from more than one apartment, and to me it does NOT point to the guilt of AB.

It's most likely going to point to Nevaeh's own apartment that she shared with her mom and GM.

Not to be mean, but since I live in close proximity to the area, I stopped into the grocery store where Nevaeh's GM works two weeks ago.

She was cheerful, and didn't appear grief stricken at all. She was joking with me and everyone else within hearing distance.

She's never seemed to really care about what happened except in the first few days. Maybe that's normal for her, but it's NOT normal to me. :(

Magic, I sort of understand what you are saying. I was new when I joined this board and didn't realize that just "talking out loud" was going to be a google click away. I tried to edit out instances I used people's names but unfortunately it had been quoted by other members too many times. And now...there isn't much I can do. I tried to take it to a private group back when those were available for no other reason that to have a place to brainstorm withOUT publically implicating anyone. The feedback from peers is really helpful. And then they deleted all of the private groups without warning and all that info went bye-bye.

Ah well, live and learn. I've been pretty quiet about it since.

People also need to be responsible for what they do/say/put on their very accessible public myspace pages as well, so I wouldn't feel too badly about people posting links to those. It's a risk they take by not making them private. At least on Facebook you can set it so no one can search for you at all.

Edited to add: that I do think it's important for people not to get too carried away with "theories". You can't be emotional when you're researching or go by your "gut". You have to only look at evidence objectively as it's presented in front of you.

Not to be mean, but since I live in close proximity to the area, I stopped into the grocery store where Nevaeh's GM works two weeks ago.

She was cheerful, and didn't appear grief stricken at all. She was joking with me and everyone else within hearing distance.

She's never seemed to really care about what happened except in the first few days. Maybe that's normal for her, but it's NOT normal to me. :(

You never know, it may be the only time all day that she smiles.

Hi Magic Eyes ~

There is a You Tube video that Angel Who Cares posted in another thread. It is dated 7/12/09 and I'm not sure, but you may have missed it. It is the longest interview with Sherry that I have seen in a while, and regardless of what I think happened, I find it heart wrenching knowing what we know now. This interview would have been prior to the release of the autopsy findings.

Personally, I don't know how any of the family will ever be able to close their eyes at night and sleep. How could you, with the weight of such horror, guilt and grief knowing what Nevaeh's last hours on this earth must have entailed?

You can find it on this page: It is Post #62 by Angel Who Cares
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84984&page=3

Hi again, Scandi,

I think we pretty much agree ;}

I also agree with jnTexas post following yours, in that the carpet in each unit will have forensic differences. Even if the fibers were from the same co and are a match in composition and weave, they will have taken on their own environmental characteristics. Things like smoking, cat hair, certain carpet shampoos, etc, would all be reflected in the fibres IMO

Also the fibres might have something unique either spilled or stuck to them that might lead to matching whatever that is with a particular carpet.

In the links I have read, I haven't read that more than JB or Nevaeh's friends apt having carpet pulled. Even on JVM's show tonight she only mentioned 2 apts in ref to the carpet. It was that father who was the one who said he had heard or seen LE out and about in the complex collecting samples. Who knows. I'm not trying to be snarky, just factual. xox

I think we pretty much agree ;}

I also agree with jnTexas post following yours, in that the carpet in each unit will have forensic differences. Even if the fibers were from the same co and are a match in composition and weave, they will have taken on their own environmental characteristics. Things like smoking, cat hair, certain carpet shampoos, etc, would all be reflected in the fibres IMO

Also the fibres might have something unique either spilled or stuck to them that might lead to matching whatever that is with a particular carpet.

In the links I have read, I haven't read that more than JB or Nevaeh's friends apt having carpet pulled. Even on JVM's show tonight she only mentioned 2 apts in ref to the carpet. It was that father who was the one who said he had heard or seen LE out and about in the complex collecting samples. Who knows. I'm not trying to be snarky, just factual. xox

I agree, Scandi. I was thinking the same--especially carpet cleaner residue in particular. People use different brands with different chemicals in them. I also heard only two apartments. I am also wondering if LE would even have to give a tenant a search warrant for the fibers. I would think the owner would have been given the warrant to collect evidence, not the tenant since carpet is a permanent fixture in the building itself. JMO but if they found carpet fibers they may have a specific color of carpet as well and it may have been narrowed down to a color that is used in the apartment complex. Often that is a neutral shade of tan, light brown, etc. Possibly not a color usually found in trunk linings and narrowing down the search again.

Can't figure out why the perp would put Nevaeh's clothes in the shallow grave site. do you think he wanted to make sure she was identified when found? Sort of like - bragging...

Any thoughts? TIA

Can't figure out why the perp would put Nevaeh's clothes in the shallow grave site. do you think he wanted to make sure she was identified when found? Sort of like - bragging...

Any thoughts? TIA

I think the perp was clueless and thought that their little 'concrete' layer would forever keep little Nevaeh hidden from the world. I think they put her clothes in there so that they'd never be found, figuring if they put them anywhere else, they might be found (trash, tossed out on highway, etc..)

I think the perp is a clueless coward.

I also think the results from the carpet fibers will answer many of our questions. I know it's not what anyone wants to believe or hear, but I think it's what is coming. I think JB knows exactly what happened.

Just my opinion.

I think the perp was clueless and thought that their little 'concrete' layer would forever keep little Nevaeh hidden from the world. I think they put her clothes in there so that they'd never be found, figuring if they put them anywhere else, they might be found (trash, tossed out on highway, etc..)

I think the perp is a clueless coward.

I also think the results from the carpet fibers will answer many of our questions. I know it's not what anyone wants to believe or hear, but I think it's what is coming. I think JB knows exactly what happened.

Just my opinion.

Also, I'm wondering if Nevaeh had shoes on....she was supposedly riding her scooter and I doubt she would be barefoot. Did they find her shoes in the grave site? Why not just throw her clothes in the river?

I agree - the fibers under her nails and most likely in her lungs will tell us a great deal. Fibers carry with them unique characteristics such as dog hairs, dander, shampoo films, particulate dust matter etc. The dirt in her mouth would carry fertilizers, potted plant fillers, spores etc. Both carpet fibers and dirt can be very unique and can help identify specifies. Nevaeh's stomach contents would tell what her last meal was. Lots of forensics. moo

I'm not so sure that this twisted, loser perp didn't want her found. mho

Any thoughts? TIA
------------
In the perp's own twisted mind, he was probably just thinking that he was disposing of any evidence that could lead to him.

eyes, I seem to recall she was indeed barefoot.

I hate the think this, but what if she was lured into a neighbor's apartment as she skipped about the complex by someone who was just opportunistic? Which would explain why the outside which was bustling with kids and adults didn't notice anything out of place--or recall even seeing Nevaeh.

eyes, I seem to recall she was indeed barefoot.

I hate the think this, but what if she was lured into a neighbor's apartment as she skipped about the complex by someone who was just opportunistic? Which would explain why the outside which was bustling with kids and adults didn't notice anything out of place--or recall even seeing Nevaeh.

That could be! Doesn't explain the concrete though...

I'm sure LE have checked to see if anyone had their carpets replaced or cleaned in the week or two after Nevaeh went missing. Seems to me that the particulate matter (powder) that makes up dry concrete could be found in the carpet of cars, car trunks, home carpets etc. I think LE knows exactly what they are looking for.

Me too! If LE doesn't have a bead on her abductor at this point I'll be flippin' amazed! I think they have a very good idea or know who it is but they have to back it up so they have a court proof case before an arrest is made. IMO

Me too! If LE doesn't have a bead on her abductor at this point I'll be flippin' amazed! I think they have a very good idea or know who it is but they have to back it up so they have a court proof case before an arrest is made. IMO

Hi scandi...seems to me LE are trying to 'rule out' at this point. In addition to having a perp sick enough to not care if Nevaeh was breathing or not, you have one who went through the trouble of burying her in cement along a particular fishing bank, with her clothes beneath her!!! Certainly not your usual pedophile. There's no room for mistakes in this one...once arrested, the evidence MUST be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. This sick monster should never see the light of day again. moo

I can't seem to get faces in my comments..that would help explain my outrage!

I wish they would just release the information ... was she sexually molested or not :( Poor Baby. I can't believe we have to ask these questions about a little child)

The worlds gone mad I tell ya ~ Stop The Madness !!!

(red faced smiley with flames coming out his nose inserted here)

I wish they would just release the information ... was she sexually molested or not :( Poor Baby. I can't believe we have to ask these questions about a little child)

The worlds gone mad I tell ya ~ Stop The Madness !!!

(red faced smiley with flames coming out his nose inserted here)

:furious:
LOL here ya go HMM

I think what LE primarily wanted was a carpet fiber sample from the upstairs apartment of Nevaeh's friend where she had been that afternoon, and a carpet fiber sample from her own apartment to compare the two. IMO, LE will know pretty quickly which apartment the fibers that were under Nevaeh's nails came from.

The carpet in the two apartments might not have been installed at the same time and could have come from 2 different lots. I really do not think it would take the lab very long to compare the fibers and determine which apartment they came from.

I wonder if the dirt found in Nevaeh's throat and lungs was actually mixed with concrete dust? That would certainly imply that she was buried alive if any concrete dust was mixed in.

Hearing of Nevaeh being buried in concrete was bad enough. Now it is thought she was buried alive. I hope we know more soon. I am thoroughly sickened by what this little girl had to endure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back