GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we have all been thrown on this, greg said he tieded the flat and he also drank the cider ,did he also eat the pizza as he said that is what he took out of the freezer and ate for his supper . All the speculation about the pizza, cider and the tidiness of the flat,yet we have being going around on these subjects for weeks shows reallly how futile it is without the full details.

yes we have all been thrown on this, greg said he tieded the flat and he also drank the cider ,did he also eat the pizza as he said that is what he took out of the freezer and ate for his supper . All the speculation about the pizza, cider and the tidiness of the flat,yet we have being going around on these subjects for weeks shows reallly how futile it is without the full details.

I believe he stated he ate an Asda pizza from the freezer, not the one JY bought from Tesco.

I've watched it a few times and couldn't say whether it was him, or it wasn't but my general impression (and after then watching the footage of him in Asda) is that its not VT.

The footage shows Jo clearly in the store entrance, so it must show this guy just as clearly as he entered and left too. If it was VT I think the prosecution would have made a meal of it, unless of course it doesn't suit the prosecution's own story line.

I also wonder why that footage has only been released (and after the jury saw it) today.

yes, found it bizarrely amusing that Greg drank the cider after all the speculation on here :) Still think the pizza is more of a mystery (well, other than VT took it and either ate it or threw it away).

'He removed the hand from the mouth and the screaming continued and then he put the hand around the throat.
'He believes it was the one from around her back and held it there for about 20 seconds.'
Reading this, I'd guess she was against the door otherwise she'd fall. It doesn't state his other hand doesn't also cover her mouth, giving the muffled scream.

So this is not the same visit to Tesco as the visit when she bought the pizza

So what is it about? Is it even on the 17th Dec? Is it something to do with one of the breaks for points of law in today's proceedings?

AFAIK there was no mention at all from any twitter feeds about this being shown to the jury. Am I wrong?

When she went missing, they said:-

Waitrose was first they didn't have the pizza she liked.

So she went to Tesco & Booze Buster next door. Tesco probably doesn't have an alcohol licence.

When she went missing, they said:-

Waitrose was first they didn't have the pizza she liked.

So she went to Tesco & Booze Buster next door. Tesco probably doesn't have an alcohol licence.

Yes thanks. I was confusing Tesco and Waitrose

yes, found it bizarrely amusing that Greg drank the cider after all the speculation on here :) Still think the pizza is more of a mystery (well, other than VT took it and either ate it or threw it away).

The LE always said that only a little of the cider had been drunk

Some reports on the early morning police visit Monday 20th December:

Mr Reardon – who had unsuccessfully tried to contact Miss Yeates on the Friday night, returned home Sunday to find her missing, with signs of a disturbance and her phone, keys and wallet still in the flat – made a 999 call to police early on Monday, December 20.

The report prompted a missing person inquiry, with house-to-house inquiries in Canynge Road. Police knocked on Tabak's door at Flat 2, Number 44, at 4.15am and introduced him to Mr Reardon for the first time. Tabak looked just awoken, a little vague and confused but "relatively calm", Mr Lickley said. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/CCTV...ar-boot-Asda/story-13529050-detail/story.html

@jonkay01 Prosecution: Police knocked on VT's door at 0415 after JY reported missing. Police said he seemed "relatively calm" and "knew nothing"

@rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn When police "commenced house to house inquiries" the first flat they went to was Vincent Tabak's

yes, found it bizarrely amusing that Greg drank the cider after all the speculation on here :)

Same, but then I found it strange that he didn't think it tasted strange having sat there for 2 days

If the guy in Waitrose is VT then he's changed his coat by the time he visits Asda as the one he's wearing in that CCTV clip is longer.

EDIT no it isn't - I was looking at the wrong man!

Neither the prosecution nor the defence have to provide a motive. On the other hand if VT does take the stand he will have to answer the question.

Do you think he will, Aneurin?

Interesting that the flat seemed quite tidy and it was implied today by Greg that the messiness of the flat was not usual. I got the impression somehow that JY and GR were messy, but I think that might've been speculation by someone on here when talking about what her parents noticed (ie the flat was maybe too tidy).

It was said (can't remember by whom offhand) that they were quite untidy - if that were not the case, you'd expect him to be more bothered about the clothes strewn about. As for the flat looking tidy, bear in mind that Greg had removed all his possessions, so there would have been a lot more stuff in the flat last December.

As for the man in Waitrose - there must be hundreds of tall blokes in Bristol. People were convinced the chap in Tesco was VT as well. The odds are very much against it in both cases.

If the guy in Waitrose is VT then he's changed his coat by the time he visits Asda as the one he's wearing in that CCTV clip is longer.

EDIT no it isn't - I was looking at the wrong man!

Priceless lol.

Measure the lenght of his coat and then his legs in both the waitrose and adsa video . Stop the video at the point he is leaving waitrose and when he is walking down the aisle at asda looks pretty similar in propotion to me.

Measure the lenght of his coat and then his legs in both the waitrose and adsa video . Stop the video at the point he is leaving waitrose and when he is walking down the aisle at asda looks pretty similar in propotion to me.
Yes it is - I was looking at the wrong man when I was comparing coats! :)

The jackets of VT and the Waitrose guy are very similar in length and both look like the same person but wouldn't it be surprising for A&S police to release a video of VT in Waitrose before it had been mentioned in court that he'd been there?

It was winter, most men will be wearing coats of similar length.

No; he leaves the trolley to the side of the aisle and then walks to the left, out of sight. Eventually he comes back within sight, carrying something, heads for the trolley and puts the item into the trolley.

I see who you are referring to Sammyme, I am not sure if the guy who comes back into shot and heads towards the trolley (I cant see him put anything in the trolley?) is the same guy.

This guy (who appears to abandon trolley) has a shoulder bag.... could the bag be carrying a camera? .... this would have been the time he said he went for a walk to take photographs wouldn't it?

Having said that... he could be a normal shopper, who looks around just after Jo has walked past him, he could realise that what he wants is in another ailse far away and cant be bothered to lug the trolley.... I've done it many a time.... I've also deliberately failed to see many a neighbour in the supermarket.

Some reports on the early morning police visit Monday 20th December:

Mr Reardon – who had unsuccessfully tried to contact Miss Yeates on the Friday night, returned home Sunday to find her missing, with signs of a disturbance and her phone, keys and wallet still in the flat – made a 999 call to police early on Monday, December 20.

The report prompted a missing person inquiry, with house-to-house inquiries in Canynge Road. Police knocked on Tabak's door at Flat 2, Number 44, at 4.15am and introduced him to Mr Reardon for the first time. Tabak looked just awoken, a little vague and confused but "relatively calm", Mr Lickley said. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/CCTV...ar-boot-Asda/story-13529050-detail/story.html

@jonkay01 Prosecution: Police knocked on VT's door at 0415 after JY reported missing. Police said he seemed "relatively calm" and "knew nothing"

@rupertevelyn Rupert Evelyn When police "commenced house to house inquiries" the first flat they went to was Vincent Tabak's

I cannot find the Rupert Evelyn tweet you quote but here are two others about the police on that morning:
rupertevelynRupert Evelyn
At 00:45 Greg called the emergency services. He'd called Jo's family and friends. The police arrived at 2am. #joyeates

skynewsgathererHarriet Tolputt
6 hrs
Police contacted local hospitals and returned to Jo and Greg's flat at 4am to speak with Joanna's parents.

Must say I was particularly impressed with the candidness of GR's testimony today.

Firefly75 said:
Poor JY. I wonder if he [VT] knows how many lives he wrecked that night: not only the victim's but also her partner's, his own partner's... JY's parents...

notsure said:
VT's family are to be pitied too.

VT is a victim of his own actions too. His life as he knew it is completely over. *not saying he doesn't deserve it, just stating a fact*

Does anyone know the minimum and maximum sentences for
manslaughter and murder?

Does the judge make this decision ie. duration of sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie