*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that emergency exits at theaters usually have to be opened from the inside, so people don't sneak in without paying. FOX news said that he had an extra gun stashed inside so I think he must have had access to the theater earlier to hide the gun and maybe prop the door open or place a piece of duck tape over the latch. Just theorizing, I have no such info. MOO

MOO

I believe that emergency exits at theaters usually have to be opened from the inside, so people don't sneak in without paying. FOX news said that he had an extra gun stashed inside so I think he must have had access to the theater earlier to hide the gun and maybe prop the door open or place a piece of duck tape over the latch. Just theorizing, I have no such info. MOO

MOO

I remember when I was a kid they used to put those heavy chains and locks on the exit doors and I would think, what if we had to get out that way. There is no way that we could. I know they don't do that anymore but I am sure they have to have something that prevents people from sneaking into theater.

This IS an act of terrorism whether he was involved with a group or not, or what his reasoning or lack there of. Still, IMOO it is Terrorism.

Certain places make me paranoid. Movies are one of those places. I remember going to one movie and leaving early because the guy in front of us wasn't watching the movie. He just kept watching the people around us. It was really creepy, and me being super paranoid already, I just decided to leave (movie was crap anyway...lol).
Just recently I took my daughters to see The Hunger Games. It had been out a while, so we were the only ones in the theater (early afternoon). For some reason the movie stopped right in the middle. I gathered the kids up quickly and got out of there to find management. It ended up being just an error with the machine, but something about the dark room, single exit at the front, looming stairs, makes me so paranoid.

This is so sad.

Do the have surveillance cameras in movie theaters? They must, right? I haven't been to a theater in ages.:blushing:

They are one of the sources I go to first because they seem to gets FACTS and dig deep quickly.

Hope that this is not too disillusioning, but where this source "digs deeply quickly" is on the internet from OTHER news sources! They do not station their own reporters in every city in the USA to "dig" facts on whatever news might occur in that city. They are considered a tabloid, and not too reliable of one, in their own country. If you "google" them, and DON'T use the sources that come up with Daily Mail in the web address.....you will see a large number of articles, quite a few are from university writing sources who warn students NOT to use that tabloid as a source for any papers, etc.

jmo

Has anyone checked twitter and pinterest for this creten? I only do FB.

Are you guys sure that blog and twitter are the correct Ms. Redfield? I'm kind of slow today, but the blog is about a shooting in Toronto. The twitter post was at 10:37 p.m., I don't know how twitter works, but that would make the movie start at 11:00 p.m. Is that when it started in Aurora, Colorado?

This is absolutely horrible! Waking up to this was so sad.

I'm watching GMA and this is all they are talking about! I'm not surprised that this guy doesn't have a record. I find it odd too that the mom woke up in San Diego and had a gut feeling it was her son. This was a midnight premiere, right? It would have only been around 10:30 moms time. Then again, a mothers intuition is pretty strong!

I hope the poster who said she is from there has talked with her friends and that they are all okay!

Good heavens! CBS is showing ariel view of suspect's mother's home in San Diego.

Don't know why this happened....i have no clue why a baby was in the audience but i am greatful it is ok and i hope the injured will recover quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine