LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing MS's sister and father on NG tonight, I feel that something is off. The sister just seems so nonchalant, and not sure what reason I have about the dad being off, can't put my finger on it. Have any other friends of MS's come forward and spoken about her character?

Charlie's tired and in shock. And that nonchalance is her character, anyway.

Why is the white truck in the pics linked upthread, shown facing one direction in 1 pic, and the opposite direction in another pic? Is there a reason for the vehicle to have done that?

(sorry if this has already all been discussed, which I am sure it has)

Far from it.

What maybe people are learning is that Lafayette is a very, very special place. There's a sweet heart to this town that's such a throwback. Biggest small town - or smallest big town that you'll ever find. For all it's faults, this is a truly amazing place to live. People care about each other. And they have fun. They go to bat for one another when the chips are down. After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, people in this town were out in their cars and boats, helping their neighbors and neighboring cities before the winds even died down.

And those kids at Artmosphere are part of the real sweetness of this town. And that's why everyone is so affected. Mickey Shunick is one of those sweet kids that this town produces. Gentle - individual - fearless. She has everyone's heart right now, because she is a product of what this town's about. Everyone is so troubled... and doing what they can..

And.... no way she took off and did this to her family. Not even a chance.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I was in Lafayette this weekend (where I've from) and seeing everyone band together was truly inspiring. Mickey loves her family and loves her friends, and they love her, there's no chance she took off on her own.

Where do you see the time stamps for these? (the 2 Circle K photos) Could anyone post all of the photos in order?

I posted all of the photos on page 18. They're not all time stamped so the sequence is unclear.

Seeing MS's sister and father on NG tonight, I feel that something is off. The sister just seems so nonchalant, and not sure what reason I have about the dad being off, can't put my finger on it. Have any other friends of MS's come forward and spoken about her character?

My niece rides with her. I get the same impression from them (my sister and niece) as the family puts out there. Good girl vibe, although I haven't asked directly.

Money Girl and/or Who Knew-
From your above posts, are your potential POIs her mother or lil bro? (I read these 2 family member weren't on NG) or her father? Or sister?
Just wondering because someone said BW was the only one who seemed upset. I do not feel that was at all but would be interested to know what makes you feel this....

Why does is the white truck in the pics linked upthread, shown facing one direction in 1 pic, and the opposite direction in another pic?

(sorry if this has already all been discussed, which I am sure it has)

Nobody knows but it's been speculated that it was following her and turned around at some point.

I am truly stuck on the time. I cannot find the rundown of times from taco bell to call to video of her on her bike, But it seems very rushed. They got through the drive through, she came back to BW house and ate, Threw her trash away, checked her bike, left and was down the road all in a very short window of time. Does that seem rushed to anyone else?

From what I've read on the Facebook pages, the general consensus seems to be that she's reliable, trustworthy, and that disappearing of her own volition would be entirely out of character. That said, I know that good qualities tend to be exaggerated and bad qualities downplayed at times like this.

I respect your instincts, but I think that it would be really difficult to get a true picture of a family member when they're under so much physical, mental, and emotional stress. In this same situation, I would probably come off as a crazy-eyed wild woman. Even more so than usual! ;)

I live on the Northside of Lafayette, and travel Moss st a lot. I can guarantee I'll be on the lookout for this car now on a daily basis. I'd bet its navy blue or brown, my guess from the black and white photo. Although I don't ride a bike (I'm far too lazy for that), I do drive a car that's probably too flashy for this side of town and more than once its made me uncomfortable getting out of it and going into the pharmacy or grocery store. I'm seriously considering "blending in" better now that this has happened. Its a shame you can't have nice things in this town.

You may be close on the color. Look for that puffy vinyl top. It's a puffy one, as I can tell from the photos (padding underneath). Main thing, it's 20 feet long! As long as a Suburban. You're looking for the biiiigest car on the road. Should be easy!

I am truly stuck on the time. I cannot find the rundown of times from taco bell to call to video of her on her bike, But it seems very rushed. They got through the drive through, she came back to BW house and ate, Threw her trash away, checked her bike, left and was down the road all in a very short window of time. Does that seem rushed to anyone else?

Absolutely. I've posted on this more than once. I think I read somewhere that MS got a text before she left Brettly's.

Reading this am's paper in Baton Rouge:
Mickey arrived Artmosphere 10:13 pm (was she alone on arrival?)
Mickey left Artmosphere 12:44am (was she alone when she left?)
Mickey and Brettly at Taco Bell 1:24 am via Brettly's car.
Mickey received as call at 1:31 (while at the Taco Bell?)
Mickey is first seen on video on her bike at 1:47 (after leaving Brettly's)

This seems like a very very tight timeline. In the car at Taco Bell at 1:24, then on her bike on her way home at 1:45 and first seen on camera at 1:47. Mickey returned from Taco Bell, ate her food either in the car or at Brettly's and was on the way him within 21 minutes. Was it reported that Mickey received a text msg before she left Brettly's to head home? Was there something in that text message that caused Micky a sense of urgency to head out so fast?

Haven't checked the gas-station cars. Do you have a link to them? So many posts.....

http://findmickeynow.com/

I didn't save them to my computer, I found larger photos on a local radio website but I don't remember the name, d'oh!

However, you can see them on the Find Mickey website. Just scroll down the main page --- the link at the top that says "photos" is photos of her. There's 3 photos that show the gas station, one with the white truck facing to the right side of the photo, one with Mickey on her bike and another with the white truck driving the opposite direction.

Money Girl and/or Who Knew-
From your above posts, are your potential POIs her mother or lil bro? (I read these 2 family member weren't on NG) or her father? Or sister?
Just wondering because someone said BW was the only one who seemed upset. I do not feel that was at all but would be interested to know what makes you feel this....

We can't post about people who are not considered to be POI's so I can't discuss it. But my hinky meter reading is getting stronger. :moo:

I posted all of the photos on page 18. They're not all time stamped so the sequence is unclear.

Thank you for these. The threads have been so long that I've lost track of the original car sequence. It would behoove all of us to go back and run the sequence. I'm pretty tired; haven't been sleeping well in the heat with no A/C. Can anyone try to suss out what the "Caddy" may have seen? The impression I've gotten is that the "Caddy" may have seen the truck's turn-around.

I don't have a great handle on the timeline. With my obsession with old cars, I've been focusing on trying to ID the car, as this is my talent.

You may be close on the color. Look for that puffy vinyl top. It's a puffy one, as I can tell from the photos (padding underneath). Main thing, it's 20 feet long! As long as a Suburban. You're looking for the biiiigest car on the road. Should be easy!

Has anyone driven up and down Louisiana Avenue like from the Thruway to the interstate? I feel like I've seen cars like this (maybe not this car, but older land yachts) along that street and in the neighborhoods east of Louisiana Avenue close to the thruway (I have twice pulled over and tried to catch clearly lost or abandoned dogs that were running in the middle of the street on Louisiana Avenue with hopes I could get the dog out of the busy street so it wouldn't get struck and find an owner or bring it to a friend who does animal rescue and ended up chasing them back there a few blocks but could never get the dog. Needless to say I won't be chasing any stray dogs around Lafayette or anywhere in case it's some kind of perverse set up on the part of some psychopath).

Nice call. I actually had forgotten that model, and you caught me out. Just checked it, and the crease along the side is too high; it's over the wheel well. Definitely not a Buick.

But good thinking!

It's a Caddy or an Olds, and I way lean Caddy, due to how rare those big Olds are now. People didn't save them because they didn't have the same name cachet as a Caddy.

But later, when it cools down in my house and I can think straight, I'm going to really bore in on the Olds 98 to rule it in or out.

'Chicken fried, I'm still laughing about that first post about you'..small world, huh?
I was talking to a friend of mine today who said he owned a 73/74 Cadillac Sedan Deville that was identical to the VOI in this case.. Seems to me if the car has LA tags, it would be easy to identify the owner.

So the caddy was actually pictured on W University with a time stamp of 1:48:38 and the second one at 1:49:38, while on the video from KATC the anchor says the picture of Mickey on St. Landry right at the corner of University was at 1:48.....that would mean the caddy was still on university, which Mickey only crossed over a whole minute before. The caddy could not have been following her. Are both the caddy pictures from University? they are definitely from different spots.

Please do elaborate. Can anyone nail down whether the car and truck crossed paths?

We can't post about people who are not considered to be POI's so I can't discuss it. But my hinky meter reading is getting stronger. :moo:

I'm new and I forget the rules sometimes. You're right-sorry

No. I think her call while at Taco Bell or the Taco Bell surveillance video was around 1:20. She was caught on video at 1:47 or 8 (police think was the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong