GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

Last week police found both of Annie's missing vehicles, but they would not say how they discovered the older-model truck.

Family members said it had apparently been sold to a man, but they don't know if Annie sold it.

Was the registration transferred? Probably not if it still had Annie's plates on it. I would definitely be talking to the person that supposedly bought the truck. How did he know it was for sale or get the truck? Who signed off on the registration or wrote a receipt? Who has insurance coverage on the truck? Were any of Annie's personal things still in the truck?

fwiw, the plates go with the vehicle in this state (tx) not sure if that has changed in colorado,

In CO the seller is required to remove the plates from the vehicle.

I sure hope someone has been able to search the Craigslist archives for 1995 Toyota truck adds from that time range.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1201542320950

Selling

My Vehicle

Titling a Vehicle
Registering a Vehicle
License Plates
Online Educational Tools
Vehicle Record Searches
Emissions Information
Buying and Selling
Commercial Vehicle
Lienholders
Colorado Dealers
Rules and Regulations
Persons With Disabilities
CSTARS Committee

Text Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size

Buying and Selling

Remote Keyless Entry and Car Buyer's Responsibilities:

Check Motor Vehicle Verification System to confirm vehicle has not been reported stolen.
Check National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (Please note there is a fee for this service) to Research Vehicle History
Check National Insurance Crime Bureau to confirm vehicle has not been declared a total loss.
Go to the county motor vehicle office, in the county in which buyer lives, to obtain a temporary permit.
Buyer must present documents received from the seller (see Seller's Responsibilities below), proof of insurance, as well as Secure and Verifiable Identification, to the clerk to obtain the temporary permit.

Seller's Responsibilities:

(Provide the following items to the buyer)

The Colorado Certificate of Title.
If there is more than one owner named on the front of the Certificate of Title, all owners must print and sign their name as seller.
Enter purchase price and date.
After Hours Purchase C.R.S. 42-3-115(2)(b), C.R.S. 42-6-113; A buyer of a vehicle may operate a vehicle on the highway prior to registering the vehicle when:
The buyer has purchased the motor vehicle within the last 36 hours from a person who is not a licensed motor vehicle dealer.
The vehicle was purchased either on a Saturday, on a Sunday, on a legal holiday, or between 5p.m. and 8 a.m.
The vehicle is being driven from the place where the seller stored the vehicle to the place where the buyer intends to store the vehicle.
The buyer must carry in the vehicle:
A bill of sale that identifies the vehicle by year, make and VIN and shows the time and date of sale and is signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Proof of insurance.
Fill in the name(s) and addresses of the buyer at this time.
Complete odometer disclosure reading and indicator information on the Certificate of Title or it may be disclosed on the DR2173 Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale form which can be purchased through Standard Register at 303-860-8000.
An emissions inspection certificate is required if the buyer lives in an emissions area.
If the title has been branded “Rebuilt from Salvage”, the seller must complete the Rebuilt from Salvage Disclosure. If reason for Salvage is unknown, a vehicle record search must be completed to determine the reason the vehicle was salvaged.

Note- Seller keeps license plates[/COLOR]

It looks like the seller keeps the plates in Colorado.

I'm confused again.....

First we got told the older truck was located like this:

Wheat Ridge police said on Wednesday they found Leann Meyer's truck in a parking lot in the area of West 72nd Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard.

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=323477

Now the police are saying:

Last week police found both of Annie's missing vehicles, but they would not say how they discovered the older-model truck.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...omans-family-organizes-search-from-hotel-room

Is this a case of bad reporting or a change of story?

Bythebook - can you insert the link of the map? Here's what I did (if this works). I went to google maps and looked up the address where her truck was found (SHeridan and W 72nd),when the map came up, I clicked right next to the print icon, which is a little "link" icon (just like the one here that looks like a two link chain), and copied that. Came back here and clicked the "insert link" button, right above where I'm typing right now, and pasted the copied text. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sheridan+Blvd+%26+W+72nd+Ave,+Westminster,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80003&hl=en&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=44.751156,64.423828&t=h&geocode=FY-3XwId0AK9-Q&hnear=Sheridan+Blvd+%26+W+72nd+Ave,+Westminster,+Jefferson,+Colorado&z=16

Bythebook - can you insert the link of the map? Here's what I did (if this works). I went to google maps and looked up the address where her truck was found (SHeridan and W 72nd),when the map came up, I clicked right next to the print icon, which is a little "link" icon (just like the one here that looks like a two link chain), and copied that. Came back here and clicked the "insert link" button, right above where I'm typing right now, and pasted the copied text. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sheridan+Blvd+%26+W+72nd+Ave,+Westminster,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80003&hl=en&sll=37.6,-95.665&sspn=44.751156,64.423828&t=h&geocode=FY-3XwId0AK9-Q&hnear=Sheridan+Blvd+%26+W+72nd+Ave,+Westminster,+Jefferson,+Colorado&z=16

My first darned post here and it's not even a good one! lol
I don't come here to be enigmatic, I apparently just give tech advice.

I couldn't figure out how to add to anonymused map but I used his/her coordinates for the vehicles and added Annie's house to this map:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200957256804927570205.0004d852f01172466fa7a&msa=0&ll=39.796535,-105.061398&spn=0.070957,0.154324

(I'm learning so much here!)

Thank you, Radiator. That is a nice workable map. When I zoomed in near where the truck was found, I noticed a Guardian Urgent Care Building. I do not even know what side of the streets the truck was found, but it looks like the parking lot has a gate, and I would imagine some pretty good cameras around there. Did anyone ever find out if Annie saw a Dr. when she was sick, or make an appointment?

Folks I know often meet at big parking lots to combine gear and carpool to their favorite recreation spots. It would be interesting to know where Annie typically met her friends for camping and hiking adventures, and to know if her Toyota pickup was near any of those spots.

Folks I know often meet at big parking lots to combine gear and carpool to their favorite recreation spots. It would be interesting to know where Annie typically met her friends for camping and hiking adventures, and to know if her Toyota pickup was near any of those spots.

Her Rav4 was the one that was apparently "sold" to someone else, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back