Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here. We know and understand that whatever happens, whether we have an acquittal, sentences are upped or maybe even lowered, it will create controversy. Controversy is okay - ATTACKING EACH OTHER IS NOT. Please be aware that TO's will be issued. Attack the post, not the poster.

Please take the time to stomp your feet or jump for joy AWAY from the threads and be a good winner/loser when you come here to post.

Here is a link to the Rules forum: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please take the time read/review the rules.

Please STOP attacking each other. Attack the post, not the poster.

It is understood that this case is highly controversial. However, that is no excuse for continuing to pound each other. Everyone is entitled to view the info/facts and interpret the data for themselves. Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion and speculate/theorize about the data.

If you are feeling frustrated, take a walk or visit another thread, or take a look around the entire board - there are all kinds of cases here, crime, missing, unidentified. Do something to relax your mind/emotions, but don't post here and take the thread into a tailspin about things that are not relevant please.

We are getting close to the end of the line on this case. A verdict/acquittal is about 2-3 weeks away. What ever the outcome, it is going to have an impact on everyone that followed this case so closely. And things are going to become testier and testier so I really need you to "mod" yourselves. Please, take a look at the rules and make sure your posts are within the boundaries.

Thanks and I really appreciate your help as we move into these next few weeks.

Salem

Thread 18

Thread 20

Hard to believe we are down to the wire: Rebuttals will finish tomorrow, then Mon. AK and RS speak, and by evening, the verdict. For some reason, even though I know it is a technicality, moving all from Sat. to Mon. feels like a bad omen. Guess I am just one of those worriers. :(

Hard to believe we are down to the wire: Rebuttals will finish tomorrow, then Mon. AK and RS speak, and by evening, the verdict. For some reason, even though I know it is a technicality, moving all from Sat. to Mon. feels like a bad omen. Guess I am just one of those worriers. :(

Just don't use pliers like flourish to rip those nails off ;)

It actually seems at times very scripted to me although I know this not to be the case as I am sure other elements came into play

From Frank Sfarzo, Perugia Shock:

KNOX’S LAWYERS ACCUSE
Posted: September 29, 2011 by perugiashock

THE PROOFS OF AMANDA’S INNOCENCE DESTROYED

Knox Crucified:
9PHiIFdoGDw98s7sktv9Lp-eZri_IbudFR6rnY07bnfcyuI9S0txAxn90vpD5ctzXWHE9x-zNaPfSrYdfxILeJ8rIbd4TYJoGLDCF19CfV-Vejpv-TE

http://perugiashock.com/2011/09/29/knox’s-lawyers-accuse/

Looking at Barbie Nadeau's latest tweet --

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
MDG gives a heartwarming description of #amandaknox and we're done for the day at 6:47. #amandaknox Monday morning at 9am

It looks like there is no court tomorrow -- rebuttals end Monday. So, it may simply be a case that someone had a conflict with holding court tomorrow.

Looking at Barbie Nadeau's latest tweet --

It looks like there is no court tomorrow -- rebuttals end Monday. So, it may simply be a case that someone had a conflict with holding court tomorrow.
Ah, I see, thanks so much for that! So it is done, then? Nothing but the statements and verdict left for Mon.!:eek: (perhaps a bit more rebuttal)...

ETA:

Barbie Nadeau
"Monday lineup:
Ghirga rebuttal,
#sollecito, #amandaknox declarations,
judge/jury will deliberate for several hrs,
then verdict."

A strange outcome that rattles around in my old noggin is of AK/RS being found guilty but the judge saying in light of improper forensics, their sentence is changed to time served. Crazy, I know, but....

A strange outcome that rattles around in my old noggin is of AK/RS being found guilty with their sentences changed to time served. Crazy, I know, but....
I have thought of that, too; not the preferable outcome as opposed to acquittals, but better than sentences stand or changed to life.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The arguments for innoscence seem pretty cut adn dry, guilt is a little harder to wade though because it appears the forensic evidence is useless to me.... I'm tying to concentrate on the timeline to make sence on things. So here are some questions and thoughts I have:

Did MK have mushrooms in her digestive tract?
Seems like the forensics regarding the footprints, knife, dna show innocence as there was no MK dna on knife blade or proven blood, no MK dna in the bloody footprints, and the knife didn't even seem to be the murder weapon (no match for the print on the pillowcase). Soooo, AK and RS said they were home all night..... That seems to be untrue per computer records, phone calls, and eyewitnesses. I'm left with "why lie"?? Am I missing something? So if the store owner saw AK at 7:30 am the morning MK was found dead perhaps she could have cleaned up, but could she get rid of all DNA? Ditto on the wet mop bucket at RS house, could they have gotten it all up? Also, MK door was locked, I read the window had large shards of glass left in it, how did they all get out that window without leaving DNA or breaking the glass, was there a lot found outside? Whose fingerprints were found on MK phone from which the call was made for an account balance? I'm also foggy on the phone call made from MK to her mother, the time in Italy it was made and the relevence!!

Anyone out there that can clear any of this up??

Ah, I see, thanks so much for that! So it is done, then? Nothing but the statements and verdict left for Mon.!:eek: (perhaps a bit more rebuttal)...

I find it interesting that it appears the only lead defense attorney to speak will be Ghira on Monday. So far today, the defense have used the "B" team. I wonder what the reason for that strategy is.

A strange outcome that rattles around in my old noggin is of AK/RS being found guilty with their sentences changed to time served. Crazy, I know, but....

I can't see them being sentenced to 4 years in prison if convicted of murder. Would definitely have to be acquitted on that charge. Perhaps if convicted for "staging?" I, personally, have a hard time seeing that they would be acquiited of murder but still guilty for staging. I can't seem to uncouple the two charges mentally. YMMV

@OldSteve:

One reason I think this might be risky for Hellman, is imagine the outrage of the Kerchers, and the prosecution, if it were declared that AK and RS were responsible (partly) for the death, but could now walk free after such a short time??:waitasec: ETA: Monzoo is said the same and more, I am just seeing the post now.....

I find it interesting that it appears the only lead defense attorney to speak will be Ghira on Monday. So far today, the defense have used the "B" team. I wonder what the reason for that strategy is.

I can't see them being sentenced to 4 years in prison if convicted of murder. Would definitely have to be acquitted on that charge. Perhaps if convicted for "staging?" I, personally, have a hard time seeing that they would be acquiited of murder but still guilty for staging. I can't seem to uncouple the two charges mentally. YMMV

Drumroll.... really dumb qustion, why would they stage?:innocent:

Some interesting tweets. Maresca did have MK's moms permission to show pictures

BBCDanielS Daniel Sandford
Maresca talking about when he showed the pictures of Meredith's dead body on Monday. He said he had Mez's mother's permission #amandaknox

Comodi states there is not an extradition agreement :giggle:

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Press trying to square Comodi's comment that there is no extradition agreement between Italy and USA. Is there an accord?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The arguments for innoscence seem pretty cut adn dry, guilt is a little harder to wade though because it appears the forensic evidence is useless to me.... I'm tying to concentrate on the timeline to make sence on things. So here are some questions and thoughts I have:

Did MK have mushrooms in her digestive tract?
Seems like the forensics regarding the footprints, knife, dna show innocence as there was no MK dna on knife blade or proven blood, no MK dna in the bloody footprints, and the knife didn't even seem to be the murder weapon (no match for the print on the pillowcase). Soooo, AK and RS said they were home all night..... That seems to be untrue per computer records, phone calls, and eyewitnesses. I'm left with "why lie"?? Am I missing something? So if the store owner saw AK at 7:30 am the morning MK was found dead perhaps she could have cleaned up, but could she get rid of all DNA? Ditto on the wet mop bucket at RS house, could they have gotten it all up? Also, MK door was locked, I read the window had large shards of glass left in it, how did they all get out that window without leaving DNA or breaking the glass, was there a lot found outside? Whose fingerprints were found on MK phone from which the call was made for an account balance? I'm also foggy on the phone call made from MK to her mother, the time in Italy it was made and the relevence!!

Anyone out there that can clear any of this up??

I can't help you make a coherent guilty argument. Sorry. ;)

In regards to being home all night:
There is a witness -- Amanda answered Raffaele's door at approx. 8:40. The defense and prosecution both agree that there is verified computer use at 9:10 pm. Raffaele's appeal also argues that there was an additonal file opened at 9:26 pm. He also mentioned screensaver activity all night -- but I have not seen it verified. All computers in this case were fried by police technicians, and Rafaele's computer was used by police to look at files/surf the internet, writing over some of the evidence. It's not a case of the computers disproving so much as not being able to prove.

Because Meredith's stomach contained her entire last meal (eaten approx. 6 pm) she was almost certainly killed by 10 pm at the latest. (Additional evidence for this: Meredith's cell phone pinged at a tower away from the cottage at about 10:15, and Rudy himself placed the murder at about 9:20-30.)

RE: Store Owner --

Immediately after the murder, both he and one of his employees were interviewed by police and stated they saw nothing. One year later he changed his story at the behest of a reporter. His employee never changed her story. There is no evidence of either bleach purchase or cleaning. The mop was tested, found negative for blood.

I'll try to answer the rest later. :)

I believe (and the new experts believe) that the DNA results from the knife and bra clasp may be incorrect and inaccurate. At the very least the collection of evidence was not done according to proper International protocols, as pointed out by many other experts, in addition to the Italian ones appointed by this judge.

As such, that creates reasonable doubt. Regardless of who said what and when and how and who did a cartwheel or anything else, if there is not a clean investigation then the results can not be trusted. I am of course discounting that bra clasp, which has come under scrutiny.

As such, AK and RS are "not guilty" in my eyes. I also think they are factually innocent of this crime.

I believe RG was the only perp and the physical evidence that isn't contaminated tells me this. Further, RG's first statement when he did not know his friend was taping him was that neither AK nor RS were in that cottage.

Further, in a crime scene as contained and bloody as this one, in MK's room, there is no physical evidence of either RS or AK interacting with MK, but there is ample and plentiful evidence of RG.

I hope they are freed, but I don't think they will be. I think the hurdle is too great to be overcome in Perugia, given all the problems and issues surrounding media, hype, etc. I'd like to be wrong though because I do think both are innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado